Next X-Men Character "out of the water" moment?

#1 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

Which X-Men character should have this moment next?  

I would definitely want to see either Colossus, Nightcrawler or Storm have this moment!

#3 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say all of the original five dopplegangers, but only after being held under water for a prolonged period of time.

#4 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think the moment fits Ororo or Kurt. Piotr maybe, but Daken or X-23 would make the most sense as of now.

#5 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991 said:

I don't think the moment fits Ororo or Kurt. Piotr maybe, but Daken or X-23 would make the most sense as of now.

I would definitely like to see X-23 take that moment!
#6 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2116 posts) - - Show Bio

beast

#7 Posted by poisonfleur (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Cyclops?

#8 Posted by John Valentine (16304 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

This

#10 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

Lolz.

#11 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

no one. unless it's Armor.

#12 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio
@dangallant984 said:

Armor would be great!!!
#13 Posted by Veitha (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984 said:

#14 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (3453 posts) - - Show Bio

Give it to Karma. Lady deserves it.

#15 Posted by cattlebattle (12592 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF is an "out of the water moment"?? Its an homage to Wolverines iconic image during the Dark Phoenix saga, seeing as Kitty is closely tied to Wolverine being sort of his "sidekick" for years it was paying tribute to it. 

Characters tied to the Dark Phoenix Saga I guess...Sebastian Shaw has also imitated the image.

#16 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

WTF is an "out of the water moment"?? Its an homage to Wolverines iconic image during the Dark Phoenix saga, seeing as Kitty is closely tied to Wolverine being sort of his "sidekick" for years it was paying tribute to it.

Characters tied to the Dark Phoenix Saga I guess...Sebastian Shaw has also imitated the image.

What in the world happened to Shaw? He looks like a hobo.

#17 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

When did this happen?!

#18 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomchu said:

@cattlebattle said:

When did this happen?!

What the?!

#19 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

also, the Dark Phoenix Saga starts with Kitty's first appearance, and after it's over she becomes the main character (Days of Future Past, guys), thus officially starting the X-men's Classic age.. obviously this was meant to be repeated with Armor after Kitty sacrificed herself, but they just didn't bother.

#20 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: WTF , lol!

#21 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984 said:

@cattlebattle said:

also, the Dark Phoenix Saga starts with Kitty's first appearance, and after it's over she becomes the main character (Days of Future Past, guys), thus officially starting the X-men's Classic age.. obviously this was meant to be repeated with Armor after Kitty sacrificed herself, but they just didn't bother.

I hate it when that happens. It's like the moment they wanted to bring a character to a new development,

they just abandon it in the last second.

#22 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: Whedon left the book in far better shape than he found it, but without disregarding the work of his predecessor. Morrison left a lot of great ideas on the table, and Whedon picked up on them all, did good with them, and left them in better shape for whoever came next. Campground rules. The fact that I can't even remember who followed him kinda proves my point..

who was that anyway?

#23 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984 said:

@Rabbitearsblog: Whedon left the book in far better shape than he found it, but without disregarding the work of his predecessor. Morrison left a lot of great ideas on the table, and Whedon picked up on them all, did good with them, and left them in better shape for whoever came next. Campground rules. The fact that I can't even remember who followed him kinda proves my point..

who was that anyway?

That's so true. It's sad that the X-Men comics had gotten away from what Joss Whedon had left on the table.

#24 Posted by DarkDay (504 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@cattlebattle said:

He was for awhile, or at least the Middle East's equivalent there of.

@dangallant984 said:

@cattlebattle said:

I'm not sure they didn't bother, so much as maybe they couldn't or didn't agree on Armor as the new era Wolvie sidekick. If you remember they were also trying to push Pixie pretty hard for that role too and Armor just sort of melted into the background. Then Pixie sort of fell off and it looked like maybe they were considering Idie as Schism happened. I guess all I'm getting at is that it seemed as if minds couldn't be made up on the matter.

#25 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkDay said:

@dangallant984 said:

@cattlebattle said:

I'm not sure they didn't bother, so much as maybe they couldn't or didn't agree on Armor as the new era Wolvie sidekick. If you remember they were also trying to push Pixie pretty hard for that role too and Armor just sort of melted into the background. Then Pixie sort of fell off and it looked like maybe they were considering Idie as Schism happened. I guess all I'm getting at is that it seemed as if minds couldn't be made up on the matter.

I wonder who would have been the new era "Kitty Pryde" for Wolverine?

#26 Posted by DarkDay (504 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@DarkDay said:

@dangallant984 said:

@cattlebattle said:

In my opinion it should have been Armor. But I was sort of interested in Pixie's evolution at the hands of Magik, still I think magic is a bit of a game breaker sometimes in X titles though so having a character who's coolest power developments were all magic seemed like it wasn't the right way to go.

#27 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkDay said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@DarkDay said:

@dangallant984 said:

@cattlebattle said:

In my opinion it should have been Armor. But I was sort of interested in Pixie's evolution at the hands of Magik, still I think magic is a bit of a game breaker sometimes in X titles though so having a character who's coolest power developments were all magic seemed like it wasn't the right way to go.

I would have liked it too if Armor was the next "Kitty Pryde." It's just a matter of finding the right writer for her. Maybe Joss Whedon could had written a series about Armor and Wolverine?

#28 Posted by DarkDay (504 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I'm not sure if we needed Whedon, the man left a really interesting X-landscape when he left and all that was needed was a good/consistent writer to craft what was next. I just don't think that ever really happened though and X-books were all over the place then and kinda still all over the place at least in my opinion. I think it's fine to have multiple writers, but I think the house of X needs a unified vision and a well crafted one at that. So to that end I'd find someone really good for the job and then have them set out a loose outline. You don't have to have specifics or particular events in particular characters' lives, but rather just have an idea of where all the characters in the universe are headed and then say inside that loose guideline with every writer. I'm not talking about limiting a writer's artistic vision, but rather setting a path that the writer can follow anyway that he feels, but one that would give cohesion to things.

#29 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkDay said:

Honestly I'm not sure if we needed Whedon, the man left a really interesting X-landscape when he left and all that was needed was a good/consistent writer to craft what was next. I just don't think that ever really happened though and X-books were all over the place then and kinda still all over the place at least in my opinion. I think it's fine to have multiple writers, but I think the house of X needs a unified vision and a well crafted one at that. So to that end I'd find someone really good for the job and then have them set out a loose outline. You don't have to have specifics or particular events in particular characters' lives, but rather just have an idea of where all the characters in the universe are headed and then say inside that loose guideline with every writer. I'm not talking about limiting a writer's artistic vision, but rather setting a path that the writer can follow anyway that he feels, but one that would give cohesion to things.

I definitely agree with this! The problem with the X-books right now is that there are too many things going on at one time and there really isn't a main book that connects all the stories. Sure, "All-New, All Different X-Men" is supposed to be the main X-book, but will the other X-titles at least acknowledged the situations that are happening in that book into their books so that way, fans would have a good understanding of what's really happening in the X-books?

#30 Posted by cattlebattle (12592 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

@tomchu said:

When did this happen?!

@Rabbitearsblog said:

What the?!

In Avengers Academy, Sebastian Shaw was imprisoned for a time by the Avengers in a "kinetic proof room". He breaks out into the sewers after he asks for some books to read and smashes a book for hours against his head....this crap makes no sense for multiple reasons..

1. With all the Avengers money and resources they couldn't have put a collar or some sort of power nullifier on him..I mean, they have to know his power set....are they that stupid?? Oh well, plot convenience I suppose
2. Why does he need books?? Can't he just punch himself in the face?? Or run into the wall?? Or punch the wall?? How does one kinetic proof a room anyways?? I call stupid writing on this one

After punching or ripping through the floor he ends up in the sewers and engages several Avengers, Hercules, Tigra and Box while he is escaping and punks them all  out. Hercules is depowered, but he should have still been able to subdue  Shaw because of his thousands of years of fight training, but Shaw whoops him.

Another thing is I guess they have been upgrading Shaws powers due to the first Class film and how unstoppable he was. Shaw usually absorbed kinetic impact like punches, or falling from a height, actually, his power was always kind of confusing.......Now he can apparently absorb all types of energy and magic, unless that was just a writer mistake. I didn't really care for it, it kind of makes Shaw too Rulk like or something.
#31 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@DarkDay said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@DarkDay said:

@dangallant984 said:

@cattlebattle said:

I would have liked it too if Armor was the next "Kitty Pryde." It's just a matter of finding the right writer for her. Maybe Joss Whedon could had written a series about Armor and Wolverine?

This kind of already happened during Brian Wood's Alpha and Omega series. Which was great.

#32 Posted by DarkDay (504 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@DarkDay said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@DarkDay said:

@dangallant984 said:

@cattlebattle said:

This kind of already happened during Brian Wood's Alpha and Omega series. Which was great.

True. I still need to finish it, but it has been a good read so far. Though since I haven't read all of my X-men backlog, I'd ask if it has carried over into the X-Men corner of the Marvel U?

#33 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkDay said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@DarkDay said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@DarkDay said:

@dangallant984 said:

@cattlebattle said:

True. I still need to finish it, but it has been a good read so far. Though since I haven't read all of my X-men backlog, I'd ask if it has carried over into the X-Men corner of the Marvel U?

Unfortunately not, as Jason Aaron has failed to acknowledge the happenings within that marvelous mini-series. With good reason. He feels threatened, considering Brian Wood managed to handle Aaron's cast way better than Aaron himself.

#34 Posted by DarkDay (504 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@DarkDay said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@DarkDay said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@DarkDay said:

@dangallant984 said:

@cattlebattle said:

Unfortunately not, as Jason Aaron has failed to acknowledge the happenings within that marvelous mini-series. With good reason. He feels threatened, considering Brian Wood managed to handle Aaron's cast way better than Aaron himself.

That makes me sad on a lot of levels. Hopefully things will change. I'd hate to have something I'm enjoying this much just become a throwaway story. I think we get too many of those by the way, especially in the X-books.

#35 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkDay said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@DarkDay said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@DarkDay said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@DarkDay said:

@dangallant984 said:

@cattlebattle said:

That makes me sad on a lot of levels. Hopefully things will change. I'd hate to have something I'm enjoying this much just become a throwaway story. I think we get too many of those by the way, especially in the X-books.

I know. The obvious cohesion kind of ended after X-Treme X-Men and New X-Men were cancelled.

#36 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@DarkDay said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@DarkDay said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@DarkDay said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@DarkDay said:

@dangallant984 said:

@cattlebattle said:

I know. The obvious cohesion kind of ended after X-Treme X-Men and New X-Men were cancelled.

Yeah, I wish that the current X-men stories were more cohesive in their plots so it would be easier to understand what is actually going on.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.