Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Next big event will be another X-Men/Avengers crossover?

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

IGN posted an article about the supposed next event called AXIS, which will most likely feature both the X-Men and Avengers

No Caption Provided

What do you think X-Fans?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@jphu8414:

can we please keep avengers and x-men seperate because we all know how much marvel loves avengers. They try to make the avengers there best cash cow but i dont think it is. Also look how unfair the x-men get in uncanny avengers

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@hopesummersforthefuture: There is some online consensus that this could be connected to Remender and Uncanny Avengers. Given Red Skull is in possession of Xavier's Brain, it could easily get both the X-Men and Avengers together.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: There is some online consensus that this could be connected to Remender and Uncanny Avengers. Given Red Skull is in possession of Xavier's Brain, it could easily get both the X-Men and Avengers together.

oh yeah i was waiting for that to be resolved, it totally slipped my mind. Its funny because i bought the first book of uncanny avengers and then dropped it because i dont like what the red skull did.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

lol meh

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be up for it depending on the team.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx said:

oh yeah i was waiting for that to be resolved, it totally slipped my mind. Its funny because i bought the first book of uncanny avengers and then dropped it because i dont like what the red skull did.

Well, one of Uncanny Avengers things is that Red Skull is gonna become Red Onslaught in the future and turns the Earth into Quasi Nazi DOFP. But the Apocalypse Twins were trying to prevent that future which is what has led us to the future of Planet X. So when the timeline gets set back to normal, Red Skull is still gonna be a problem.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh....

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So not interested in this, keep the X-Men away from the Avengers.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

i just wish they would chill with cross overs in general for a while

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think that maybe Scott and his team will become again allies of the Avengers(Axis makes me think of an alliance)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, maybe the bickering between the X-Men and Avengers may end. That's something to look forward to at least.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's going to be an Uncanny Avengers story, not so much a cross over. But if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jphu8414

Hey, maybe the bickering between the X-Men and Avengers may end. That's something to look forward to at least.

No Caption Provided

I agree man, I'm actually kind of looking forward to this. Maybe it will repair and improve both teams

I didn't hate the AvX but if this story is going to just be AvX 2.0 and the entire comic consists of both teams beating the crap out of each other again I'm going to be thoroughly disappointing

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Having former combatants come together against a common enemy isn't surprising. As for the X-Men and the Avengers working together, I'm okay with that. There seems to be some heavy leaning towards the Avengers and some questionable presentations of X-Men characters but I am hoping that will get balanced out with time.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Roddy010

I wish Marvel would stop combining these two teams. I don't mind seeing them together for major events but not when there's an event every few months. And I really don't want to read any book insinuating The Avengers as the "top dog" and leaving the X-men once again divided. This event should resolves itself quickly and not interfere with any of the good development most of these characters are receiving now.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ascended

AvX already consisted of PIS or CIS. Wouldn't another crossover be just like AvX?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

So sick of crossovers and events. Does quality mean nothing to Marvel these days?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

If this event is just another "Avengers fighting the X-Men," then I'm not interested.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Koays

Hey for all we know Marvel is unifying the Avengers and X-Men.....or you know it could be another event that will be irrelevant to all but one book a month later, the possibilities are limitless....but mostly end in disappointment from the ICC.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hate it when marvel uses the x-men to boost up the sales of avengers. 1st they got leading x-men characters to join avengers, then they killed rogue in uncanny avengers. The title of uncanny avengers makes me puke. its so obvious, they used uncanny- the adjective of x-men and join it with avengers. Clearly, the x-men lost its name and the avengers get a new one and cap gets to order x-leaders.

avx2. but there should be a clear winner. seems like marvel made the avengers win the avx when the numbers say the x-men actually won the event. no xavier to take down rachel. hope is well trained and gets to fight against the avengers. Pure psionic energy jean grey- does it mean she's as powerful as onslaught?

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is certainly a clever name and logo.

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the AXIS is actually a reference to WW2 and the Red Skull?

Hopefully is small crossover, 2 o 3 titles max and maybe a one-shot to open the event.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@thegreyoutcastx said:

So the AXIS is actually a reference to WW2 and the Red Skull?

Hopefully is small crossover, 2 o 3 titles max and maybe a one-shot to open the event.

Possibly, It's just what a few forums are suggesting based solely on the image.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good call

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix said:

i hate it when marvel uses the x-men to boost up the sales of avengers. 1st they got leading x-men characters to join avengers, then they killed rogue in uncanny avengers. The title of uncanny avengers makes me puke. its so obvious, they used uncanny- the adjective of x-men and join it with avengers. Clearly, the x-men lost its name and the avengers get a new one and cap gets to order x-leaders.

avx2. but there should be a clear winner. seems like marvel made the avengers win the avx when the numbers say the x-men actually won the event. no xavier to take down rachel. hope is well trained and gets to fight against the avengers. Pure psionic energy jean grey- does it mean she's as powerful as onslaught?

Hell Yes! :) She can fight red skull onslught by herself and win, end of story.

Martian81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers and X-force maybe but not Avengers- X-men...keep them seperate. I find avengers too comical while X-men are edgier and that just wouldn't work. I say X-force because the team fits better with covert mercenary style operatives who work for SHIELD.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss the days when an event was everyone coming together to face an enemy that could potentially destroy everything...I hope they do that again soon

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I think it's going to be an Uncanny Avengers story, not so much a cross over. But if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

that seems most likely to me. Uncanny Avengers are definitely going to be involved if it's about the Red Skull (which seems likely if it's called "Axis"), and that book's done a pretty good job of being a self-contained story so far.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

They also killed Scarlet Witch, Wonder Man and Captain America. Three Avengers.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

that seems most likely to me. Uncanny Avengers are definitely going to be involved if it's about the Red Skull (which seems likely if it's called "Axis"), and that book's done a pretty good job of being a self-contained story so far.

Exactly. If I recall correctly, the entire reason Planet X is happening is because the Apocalypse twins wanted to prevent Red Skulls future world reign. I think "AXIS" will be that exact story.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

I get what you mean, but this seems like it would be an opportunity to spread out. I thought it had been self-contained because of how time travel will probably reverse some of it, so with that plotline finishing up soon, and the series potentially being set in the present continuity, it seems like other titles could get involved if this is going to be a big deal.

But I could easily be wrong of course. :)

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get what you mean, but this seems like it would be an opportunity to spread out. I thought it had been self-contained because of how time travel will probably reverse some of it, so with that plotline finishing up soon, and the series potentially being set in the present continuity, it seems like other titles could get involved if this is going to be a big deal.

But I could easily be wrong of course. :)

yeah, but the Planet X story line still could have had tie-in issues with the X-men books set in that reality like House of M or Age of Ultron did, but it didn't.

It makes me think that part of the purpose of Uncanny Avengers is to be able to have Avengers stories with the X-men without it having to be a big crossover or event every time. It's like an event book that's a regular series in itself.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@oldnightcrawler: Oh, that's a good point actually.

Yeah, that's what I thought. It makes me wonder where they could go with the concept, as with access to so many villains and potential extra team members, it seems like there could be a lot of possibilities. Maybe that's why it was kind of the flagship title of Marvel Now, with it having the potential to possibly become the main Marvel title.

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
    deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is Wolverine gonna Uncle Tom it up again?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By HAWK2916

What if its a huge crossover engulfing everything. AXIS: Avengers, Xmen, Inhumans, SHIELD. Most likely its Red Skull though. I seem to recall reading somewhere that the Xmen would be getting a new but old villain way back around the time of AVX. It would actually be kind of cool if AXIS was the rise of some huge group or company looking to enslave and eradicate mutants

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.