Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

New X-teams don't feel right...

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Don't get me wrong.
    I feel that Storm and Magneto are perfect leaders for the two teams... but this line-up feels like the writers just picked their favorite characters at a buffet line.

1st-- Storm should have recruited her team from the XX-men and Amazing X-men first and foremost-- espcially during such a dire time with the T. Mists going about.

2nd-- Why is does Magneto's team feel like X-force and left over that didn't make the cut in Extraordinary X-men??

Personally, It just seems odd how Storm is flying out to get young Jean saying how much the X-men need her, when she didn't have much to say about her and the O5 waltzing out the door to join Scott's merry band of Outcast X-men. Now we are recruiting alternate universe Logan. WHERE IS RACHEL IN ALL OF THIS???

2nd. Doesn't Psycoke despise Fantomex?? If her people are in a crisis shouldn't she be helping out Ororo's team more than ever??? Same with Monet???

I also imagined Magik to side with Magneto, all things considered. If the plot desperately needed a teleporter that team could have used Blink or Pixie...

Also aren't Colossus and Storm still a bit distant ever since he choked her and she struck him with lightning?? Are we just going to forget about that? It only happened a year or so ago...

C'mon guys-- Someone has to agree with me.

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

xmen has always sucked. nothing new

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am convinced that the method of picking X-Men team rosters is simply a writer throwing darts at a list of characters.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with you on all points. I think there are a lot of underused or forgotten characters who would be perfect for Storm's team, but who don't seem to be included because the writer just didn't want to use them.

The writers just seem to say "I want to write this character!", and/or "I like his/her powers!" when they create lineups. I'm not a fan of how Storm is written. Nor am I a fan of O5 Jean Grey for the most part.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Thunderscream

@poisonfleur: I actually really like the cast of Extraordinary (although I wish Psylocke was on the team)

The Uncanny lineup seems secondary. I know it's supposed to be "the deadliest X-Men" and I know Psylocke fits in that category, buuuuut would she really stand to be on a team with her former love who has no memory of her, the man who almost killed her AND the man who turned against X-Force (and everybody was hoping he was dead for good, including her)???

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Storm and Colossus still haven't interacted in Extraordinary so there still may be some uneasiness.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it is to bad.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is the consistency?? I feel like that the main storyline should trump "I like this character and want them on my team!" I think that's what made Scott, Emma, and Magneto so powerful-- They always alined together.

Why would the writer chose to have Storm make a team of random X-men for her?? None of these X-men are really Storm's first choice (with the exception of Nightcrawler, maybe.)

Storm obviously favors: Jubilee, Psylocke, Rachel (more or less), Nightcrawler.
    Why is Jean needed more than the rest of the O5???
    Why is alternate universe Logan on this team???? I could actually see him on Magneto's team-- all things considered.
    Once again why are Psylocke and Monet siding with Magneto instead of Storm?? What happend to sisterhood and XX-men together-ness???
    And shouldn't Magik and Magneto be buddies and on the same team??

And speaking of dumb team choices... I wouldn't mind Beat, Rogue, Kitty, and Gambit all over the place on other teams if it weren't for the T.Mist being such a dire threat right now. It makes them seem like idiots...

This is Stupid.

However it's nice to see Storm and Magneto in charge.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On points:

Storm should have recruited her team from the XX-men and Amazing X-men first and foremost-- espcially during such a dire time with the T. Mists going about.

Isn't that what this team mostly is? You can't expect the roster to be more than they already are. Though it's pretty obvious Lemire ditched Rachel for Jean... Which in-universe makes little sense, but hey since when in-universe was really important?

2nd-- Why is does Magneto's team feel like X-force and left over that didn't make the cut in Extraordinary X-men??

Not sure what you're complaining about here. You don't expect Iceman, Nightcrawler or even Colossus really agree on Magneto's terms. Why classic X-men can't work with Mags is obvious. The real question is, why would Maggie ally himself with Mystique, Fantomex and Creed if he wants his team to be threatening (and really, many other questions beyond that). There are peeps like Exodus still running wild. I know that creating a team of powerhouses makes lots of complexities, but nothing that is impossible to overcome. There's Squadron Supreme and Ultimates already for god's sake. Archangel can be scary, DAS proved that and beyond. Betsy has the potential. As does M, but I'm still conflicted on how I feel about her here.

Ironically though, Bunn did state he crafted this team out of leftovers, and his original team looked different, it had Nate and Rachel Greys and was supposed to be more heroic iirc.

2nd. Doesn't Psycoke despise Fantomex?? If her people are in a crisis shouldn't she be helping out Ororo's team more than ever??? Same with Monet???

Again, Bunn did say he will acknowledge all these "little" continuity wonders, I'm ready to give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Maybe she disagrees on how Storm operates? Friendships are good, but we're talking existential crisises right here, and girl has her bloodlust to satisfy so her allying with Magneto seems to be absolutely legit.

I also imagined Magik to side with Magneto, all things considered. If the plot desperately needed a teleporter that team could have used Blink or Pixie...

Magik has become so popular they apparently wanted to make us forget how twisted the girl is. Even Bendis whitewashed Rasputins' hug won't make me forget the apogee of Gillen's run. I'm still waiting for THAT Magik to pop up.

Also aren't Colossus and Storm still a bit distant ever since he choked her and she struck him with lightning?? Are we just going to forget about that? It only happened a year or so ago...

Their relationship was kind of reestablished in Amazing X-men. It was too softcore and lazy if you ask me, but hey, canon!

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think it is to early to judge whether the new teams are hit or miss. There is a lot of questions, but we haven't even given them a chance to answer them yet.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Koays  Online

It's been 16 months in continuity since we've last seen any teams....for all we know Psylocke and Storm got married and had a messy divorce in that time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@poisonfleur: Bunn said there'll be a good reason for why they're together, but that remains to be seen.

I don't know, most of my favorites are in these lineups, so I can't really complain. I agree with @invain; we just don't know enough yet.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually like the team. I wish they take out Old Man Logan, but they look good. Though I will admit i'm surprised myself the certain X-men (Magik,Colossus, Jean) are on Storm's side, but hey it's fine. Also I don't see why people have an issue with Storm leading the mutant race she is just as good of a leader as Magneto and Cyclops. I'm curious to what Magneto thinks about this not sure what's going on, but i'm sure it's awesome. As for Scott he's probably dead(Hopefully Not) or he's in hiding somewhere or Trapped.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I agree with the OP. Things are so random and really do seem off. Hate to be a pessimist but really there's nothing to be excited about at this point. The teams and the rehash make things feel as if we are on a downward spiral.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By dernman

@cattlebattle said:

I am convinced that the method of picking X-Men team rosters is simply a writer throwing darts at a list of characters.

I've thought the same thing and honestly most Marvel teams feel like that now.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7
    deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't given them a chance to explain anything yet.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

It's been 16 months in continuity since we've last seen any teams....for all we know Psylocke and Storm got married and had a messy divorce in that time.

LOL SERIOUSLY THO^^^

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: @dernman: Hasn't it already been said that Lemire just simply picked who he wanted?

I don't have much of a problem with this team. Storm, Nightcrawler, and Colossus all came into the X-Men at the same time so them being on a team is no issue with me. I also like Magik being with Colossus on a book. Jean and Logan I don't care about. I neither like or dislike Iceman being on the team.

Mutants like Mercury, Bling!, or Rockslide would probably fit the team for going through a world filled with disease and mists since I don't they'd be affected by it.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattle gets it! this is the way X-Men teams have been picked since the late 80's

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@dman1366 said:
    @cattlebattle said:

cattle gets it! this is the way X-Men teams have been picked since the late 80's

I mean Claremont went on record with Xtreme X men that he had to take his characters based around who Morrison picked first, I don't hate the idea honestly I mean you can't have everyone. Sure some members don't make sense (like magiks) but i mean for the most part you can assume that during 8 months the people disbanded and went on with life, so maybe Storm reach out and got who she could idk its not perfect but not everything has to make absolute sense lol i mean it is comics :-p

Wraithborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, when Cyclops comes back with his new team, who do you guys think will be on it?

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Darkpesmerga10

@poisonfleur: Logan would probably never work with magneto in his universe magneto joined with evil villains to kill all the heroes. Magneto had his own territory. Also they already basically said why magik is with storm, magik is kinda important to that X group.

Still no sign of Rachel, which worries me, kinda hope she ends up on magentos team loved monte, psy and Rachel intractions in the X-men book

@wraithborn I actually like most of magnetos lineup, except mystique and the dude covered head to toe in white, forget how to spell his name. Cyclops, sabertooth, magento, emma, magik, psy, and monte tearing the world a new one i would love. (maybe even rachel too, lots of telepath ghossip

beaubier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with you. It does seem like the writers write who they want or get the scraps that others don't, character relationships and continuity be damned. Gets old honestly.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: Logan would probably never work with magneto in his universe magneto joined with evil villains to kill all the heroes. Magneto had his own territory. Also they already basically said why magik is with storm, magik is kinda important to that X group.

Still no sign of Rachel, which worries me, kinda hope she ends up on magentos team loved monte, psy and Rachel intractions in the X-men book

@wraithborn I actually like most of magnetos lineup, except mystique and the dude covered head to toe in white, forget how to spell his name. Cyclops, sabertooth, magento, emma, magik, psy, and monte tearing the world a new one i would love. (maybe even rachel too, lots of telepath ghossip

This^

@beaubier said:

I agree with you. It does seem like the writers write who they want or get the scraps that others don't, character relationships and continuity be damned. Gets old honestly.

And this^
    It makes you wonder who even hired these guys and let them make these decisions. I'm all for creative freedom, but this story better be good for all the eyebrows I'm raising.

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

1. Uncanny has yet to be released, tbf.

2. There are so many X-Men that you kind of have to let go of logic for a bit so they can freshen things up.

3. These leaders may be choosing members based on abilities (see Magik (and her metal backpack Colossus) and Forge on Extraordinary).

4. I'm sure Uncanny X-Men believe they are doing all they can against the Terrigen Mists. They're just going about it differently from Storm's team.

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xmen has always sucked. nothing new

This, but the new Uncanny X-men roster are the best there is. This team is the only one I'm going for. This is the only one marvel is getting from my pocket :)

Hail Magneto.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.