Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

New X-Men (Returns)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Now, I know this is a commission drawing by Mann, but how many of you would look forward to this title?

No Caption Provided

I was in love with the New X-Men series, both Academy X and Childhood's End. Would you guys like to see the 2000's New X-Men return in the Fall?

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No.

A huge part of what makes the X-Men side of the MU interesting is seeing the characters grow up and find their own paths. Would I like to see them in other books alongside different characters and situations? Yes.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

that looks good, will it be a new series or is it just artwork.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That photo sparked a bunch of hope for a New X-Men title on the CBR Forums only to have Bendis say via either Tumblr or Twitter (I forget which) that it wasn't true. All those fans being heartbroken....it was so precious.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By papad1992

@illyanarasputin said:

Now, I know this is a commission drawing by Mann, but how many of you would look forward to this title?

No Caption Provided

I was in love with the New X-Men series, both Academy X and Childhood's End. Would you guys like to see the 2000's New X-Men return in the Fall?

I would love to see another New X-Men series, only for them to break away from the Cyclops/Wolverine banter and form their own team and voice! But not with X-23... it'd be a step back for her. Even though her current situation isn't the best development for her, she wanted to break way from the X-Men and their "militant" rules. But who knows... that's just my opinion.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

not sure how I feel about the idea of Bendis writing them, but I'd love to see these guys get their own book again, and Clay Mann's pretty dope, so I'm sure I'd check it out.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ctg: I understand what you mean, if anything I'd like to see them in a group like the New Mutants were when they returned in their second series. But I still don't see them as "grown ups" I guess which is why I'd like to see all the kids back together on a team rather than breaking apart and joining other teams.

@papad1992: I thought the same at first bud I'd like to see X-23 back with her original teammates, just to see how their new dynamics would work. I mean she has changed a lot since her new x-men run so it would be nice to see how her relationships with certain characters have changed.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ctg: I understand what you mean, if anything I'd like to see them in a group like the New Mutants were when they returned in their second series. But I still don't see them as "grown ups" I guess which is why I'd like to see all the kids back together on a team rather than breaking apart and joining other teams.

@papad1992: I thought the same at first bud I'd like to see X-23 back with her original teammates, just to see how their new dynamics would work. I mean she has changed a lot since her new x-men run so it would be nice to see how her relationships with certain characters have changed.

I'd like to see her back with her old teammates too... New X-Men is the book that transitioned Laura in the Marvel Universe, in my opinion, and is the series in which her fans really grew.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oldnightcrawler

pretty much how I feel about it.

X-23 pretty much only interests me as a member of this group. I like that she's had a lot of dark experiences that make her a bit of an outsider in the group, but I doubt I'd read a book just because she was in it.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The best chance for these characters to get some development is by being in a revamp of New X-Men - five years later and it's clear that nothing's going to happen with them on their own. Most of these characters are nothing better than wallpaper in WaTXM.

It's a joke to have characters like Broo, Eye-Boy, Shark Girl etc getting the spot-light when these characters don't have anything going on for them. Moreover, Marvel gave New Mutants a 50-issue run from 2009-2012 that was just crap.

Sort it out, Marvel. Give the fans what they want.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@john_valentine said:

Sort it out, Marvel. Give the fans what they want.

You know that's not what Marvel does. They give you what you think you want, but in reality you don't. Then they say they can't please everybody just cover their ass.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-23 pretty much only interests me as a member of this group. I like that she's had a lot of dark experiences that make her a bit of an outsider in the group, but I doubt I'd read a book just because she was in it.

I didn't read NYX, her first appearance comics-wise, but New X-Men was the comic in which I really appreciated her as a character. When that series got cancelled (wrong move Marvel) and X-23 joined X-Force, I thought that it was interesting, but not really what her, as a character, wanted. She wants to not be a killing machine. Then when she went solo and then joined Avengers Academy to try to become a hero in training, that's where I though that this is where she needed to be (I didn't read Avengers Academy, but from the random issue(s) I did pick up and the previews and stories I've heard, her fans were decently happy). Now she's trapped on Murder Island... *sigh*. But I think she's created a HUGE fan following, and that wherever she goes her fans mostly follow. But I'm not one of those fans to follow. I appreciated and LOVED her in New X-Men and liked her in X-Force and her solo, but that was mainly it.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

I didn't read NYX, her first appearance comics-wise, but New X-Men was the comic in which I really appreciated her as a character. When that series got cancelled (wrong move Marvel) and X-23 joined X-Force, I thought that it was interesting, but not really what her, as a character, wanted. She wants to not be a killing machine. Then when she went solo and then joined Avengers Academy to try to become a hero in training, that's where I though that this is where she needed to be (I didn't read Avengers Academy, but from the random issue(s) I did pick up and the previews and stories I've heard, her fans were decently happy). Now she's trapped on Murder Island... *sigh*. But I think she's created a HUGE fan following, and that wherever she goes her fans mostly follow. But I'm not one of those fans to follow. I appreciated and LOVED her in New X-Men and liked her in X-Force and her solo, but that was mainly it.

yeah, I read NYX (because I got it for free) and I did like her in that, and I liked her even more in New X-men; but, as a character, she's not a major selling point for me.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#15 fesak  Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.