Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

New X-men movie with the original cast

bigfoot09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Now that x-men DOFP has released & revived our favorite mutants who sadly died in X3, would you like another movie just with the original cast & actual x-men? I honestly was hoping for this when I heard DOFP was coming. Now that their all alive I would love to see them again! That 8min total of film they got was a joke, imo. Yea, it was great seeing them but they coulda been shown more! Anyways, Now that their stepping up their game & showin the mutants like their spose to be shown (power & action wise) i would love to see what they would do with these characters now.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Maybe... or it might be time to let them go, and move on with the new cast. I wouldn't be against a new movie with them though.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigfoot09: I feel like any of the characters they use from the other movies will be re-cast by younger actors like the 'First Class cast was, from here on. The next film will probably see younger versions of Cyclops, Marvel Girl, and Storm at least, since those are the characters that Wolverine made Xavier promise to look for. And since Azazel's dead, we can assume Nightcrawler's already been conceived, so maybe him as well.

To me that seems more interesting anyway since I don't think most of the characters were especially well cast (or especially well used in the story) to begin with, and they're all 15 years older than when they started now. The only ones who were really well cast were Xavier and Magneto, both of whom are pretty old now and have already been re-cast, and Jackman, who kind of just looks more like Wolverine the older he gets.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I think they got a pretty good send off in the end of the last film. Though I will say seeing the old cast actually get to portray the characters instead of being moving set pieces is appealing.....if only because most of the actors are around the ages that the characters are in the comics now (I mean James Marsden going mutant revolutionary in the Judge DreddClops outfit?). Plus with time travel being one of the biggest staples of the series its cool to have these established faces of the future team.

Still I think if the franchise wants to have longevity it needs to let go of most of the old cast. A cameo here or there, funny references to Xavier being in star trek or Magneto being Gandalf....but just let the old cast ride off into the sunset. I'm only concerned with what year the next movie takes place in for the sake of continuity.

bigfoot09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthewparker: naw don't let them go yet lol... they may be older but they still look the exact same. They could easily do 2 more movies with them. Maybe do wat the matrix did with their last few movies and shoot the film's back to back and release it year by year instead of every 3yrs... Tht would be pretty neat. I just feel they ruined the characters in the original trilogy for wolvy. I mean it was a good wolverine movie but bad x-men movie. But since DOFP came out I think they did a lot better with the characters even with wolves involved (it didn't focus on only him). The original trilogy are who I (and alot others) consider the x-men Imo and I'd love to see them again. Hell, since the Phoenix never actually happened, maybe have Bryan do it the right way... I wouldn't mind tht lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Now that x-men DOFP has released & revived our favorite mutants who sadly died in X3, would you like another movie just with the original cast & actual x-men?

No. I hated the original cast.

bigfoot09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: really? Idk, they just didnt do much future wise... for me anyways. I knew we weren't gna see them alot but I thought we'd see them more than 5 times with only 2 battles (opening & ending) but otha than the battles, the future scenes only last for literally like 30sec for them to say a sentence or 2 then went back to past... come on now, really? I just expected if this is the battle of their lives it woulda showed them fighting and struggling more. Plus, storm shoulda battled at least one sentinal so we could see wat shes made of finally. But I enjoyed wat I saw, don't get me wrong. Thts exactly why we need anotha one! Because they were like set pieces tht hardly did anything, except wolverine. But your prolly right... their gna just retire them and move on with the younger ones. I just hope jean, cyc and storm have decent roles and showings in apocalypse. Also, I think I read smewhere tht it takes place in the 80's??

bigfoot09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: lol why is that?

Because the original three X-men movies were genuinely not good.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle

@squares said:

X2 is acclaimed by both fans and critics as one of the best comic book adaptions ever made.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigfoot09: Yea i can see your point about how little they were used. And i thought that would be a major complaint coming out of it, but they did cut a lot of the future scenes for the X-Men teams from what we've heard since before the end of last year. I mean i for one would've squeezed Rogue in by having her takeover for kitty after she gets hurt, just to close her character arc. But i think they sort of new that they wouldn't have much chance for developing a future and past cast at the same time, so they opted to just choose one.

Still, the ending of the movie was a pretty awesome X-Men moment when you consider how all the different characters were at the mansion together. It's like saying "every one lives happily ever after...." with the only question left being how they got there.

And hey maybe one day we'll get an All New X-Men movie where the young cast goes to the future!! (waits for rabid fan attacks)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

X2 is acclaimed by both fans and critics as one of the best comic book adaptions ever made.

Good for fans and critics?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

Good for fans and critics?

You said the first 3 were not that good....I am simply correcting you as X2 is notable through popular opinion as being a really good film.

Yous should have said this

Because I think the original three X-men movies were genuinely not good.

:)

bigfoot09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bigfoot09

@squares: tht is true... which is why I said we should get another one. Especially now that their finally making and portraying them the way their spose to be portrayed and not just having them stand around doin nothing. Plus the movies not being good had nothing to do with the characters or the actors.... it had EVERYTHING to do with the writing/directing of the movie. Of course its gna be crappy, especially if they just center everything round wolverine while giving the rest of the characters nothing to do. It was a "wolverine & the x-men........ when needed" movie. & btw they wrote the movies... they wernt needed much. But I think they kno now that it should be about all of them not just one of them after seein DOFP. So I have faith tht they could make a kickass, good story with good portrayals and showings of the characters.

bigfoot09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: haha yea the ending was a GREAT x-men moment! I smiled the whole way through lol. Specially the dialog between wolverine and cyc when he went to touch Jean... it was all great. I just can't wait to get the Blu ray so I can't see the extended version with all the cut scenes. Also, I may be the minority but I just couldn't stand how big of a role they gave mystique!! I love how they make a character who ISNT even huge in comics this big central part but yet they make smeone who IS big in the comics a back ground character who barely does anything, i.e. every character in the original trilogy lol.... all because it Jennifer Lawrence, smh

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigfoot09: Well yea, im positive that had mystique been played by a less popular actress the story would've been reworked completely and probably would've left out the mystique stuff completely.

Though I hate to over look Mystique's importance to the original story as well as the X-Men's history as a whole, this was probably more then she diserved....though the execution has me hopeful for what they'll do with actual main characters.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: haha yea the ending was a GREAT x-men moment! I smiled the whole way through lol. Specially the dialog between wolverine and cyc when he went to touch Jean... it was all great. I just can't wait to get the Blu ray so I can't see the extended version with all the cut scenes. Also, I may be the minority but I just couldn't stand how big of a role they gave mystique!! I love how they make a character who ISNT even huge in comics this big central part but yet they make smeone who IS big in the comics a back ground character who barely does anything, i.e. every character in the original trilogy lol.... all because it Jennifer Lawrence, smh

Mystique actually does quite a bit in the original trilogy; other than Xavier,Magneto, and Wolverine she's kind of the character who does the most. And the way they made her origin central to the story of the X-men in 'First Class actually makes both her and Xavier's story (not to mention Beast and Magneto's) a lot more interesting than if they had just followed the comics.

Just because it's different from the comics doesn't mean it's not good.

bigfoot09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: yea she had a decent role in the original trilogy... she was pretty much magnetos muscle but she didn't really have a big role.... she barely even spoke tbh. I like mystique, actually... she was one of the best parts in the original trilogy, imo. Rebecca killed it! I didn't say the movie wasn't good just cuz it didn't follow the comics. I actually really liked the movie. I jst said it was annoying how much they focused on mystique and made her a big focal point in the movie where pretty much the whole time their trying to chase after her, magneto trying to kill her, Charles tries helping her, beasts saves her, she kicks ass at the army base, she tries killing Trask and we see her struggling from right and wrong..... just a whhooolleee lot of mystique goin on when it didn't have to be. They could a cut her screen time down a bit so we could see more of the future characters as well. Hell, on the movie poster she got the wolverine treatment and it's him and her as the main people all blown up and big, while the rest of the characters are just small surrounding them. All because Jen is the "it girl" in Hollywood right now.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigfoot09: yeah, but I think them casting someone so well-liked for Mystique was partially because of how important they wanted to make her character to the story to begin with, not the other way around.

it makes sense, since she became so popular after the original trilogy, remaining one of the most memorable characters of all of the original movies. I'm glad they went the direction that they did.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I would watch it.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: She didn't become famous until she was in xmen first class. That's the movie that made her famous enough for hunger games and then, well you know.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goobot said:

@oldnightcrawler: She didn't become famous until she was in xmen first class. That's the movie that made her famous enough for hunger games and then, well you know.

sure, but even in 'First Class she's obviously meant to be as central a character as Xavier and Magneto.

Making Mystique one of the central characters made sense not only because she had been one of the more memorable characters from the original trilogy*, but also because it added another central perspective on a story that's theme is otherness besides that of just two white guys, adding depth to both the central conflicts and the perspectives of the four main characters.

*(I mean, Mystique's powers just add so much versatility to a movies like this, not only because they allow her to be played by any actor in the film, or even because they are so visually interesting and stylistically distinct, but because virtually every time she uses them it progresses the plot in some significant way.)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.