Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

New X-Men cartoon?!?!?!?!

tahmidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tahmidk

http://www.marveltvnews.com/2012/06/13/exclusive-agent-x-spills-the-bean-on-the-future-of-marvel-animation-and-did-he-just-mention-a-new-x-men-tv-series/

Could it be, could it be?!?! I hope the main team includes gambit, colossus, nightcrawler, magik and cyclops! I hope its set in the modern x men comics, i've had enough of seeing boyscout cykes and like how he is right now.

Hopefully it wont be like that abomination known as x men evolution!

I think they've adapted phoenix saga and days of future enough already, would love to see house of m(just read it, so im pretty amped)

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Blood1991

Kinda old news. I would prefer they mix the old and new like the 90's show did. The series has added on alot of great stories since then, but I don't want an entirely new generation to miss out on some great old stories just because an older cartoon used them.

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By xmentas

What's wrong with X-men Evolution??????

And it dosen't really matter to be what the stories about, just make it great.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

What was wrong with X-Men Evolution? It was a different approach to grab a different audiences attention. If anything I enjoyed X-Men Evolutions spin on things. It was a creative take on the X-Men characters.

Anyway, other than that. I'm glad to hear that there's another X-Men Cartoon in the works. I'd be very pleased to watch it on my spare time. Definitely would like to see more modern day characters and not so much the old more known heroes, but we'll see what happens.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By TheCrowbar

AHAHAHA Ultimate Spiderman. HAHAHAHA. I'll wait and see about X-men but I'm more excited about a new Avengers cartoon now.

MisterKetch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MisterKetch

Evolution wasn't as good as the 90's x men that's for sure but it had some very strong moments I think back to it fondly not to mention I wish it had gotten another season or two for dark phoenix arc, that would have been good to see with the character portrayals in Evolution.

I'll get more excited about this when Avengers Assemble comes out since its supposed to be in the same style as that. As for Roster, im hoping Gambit and Rogue, colossus and storm, beast, night crawler would be nice. Magik would be a good villain/anti-hero to encounter but I would hope she's not in the main team... I'd say the same for wolverine but if im going to ask for impossible things I might as well wish for my own superpowers

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By John Valentine

Evolution appealed to me at the time. I still bare some nostalgic feeling towards it. Not a bad cartoon, just not as good as the excellent early 90s animated series. Wolverine and The X-Men was good too, still, not as good as the original.

X-Men Anime is the worst of the bunch. Looking forward to this.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By poisonfleur

@Blood1991 said:

Kinda old news. I would prefer they mix the old and new like the 90's show did. The series has added on alot of great stories since then, but I don't want an entirely new generation to miss out on some great old stories just because an older cartoon used them.

This idea here^ Not to mention A LOT of amazing 'old' material hasn't even been used yet.

The TAS of 90s did it the best. Although-- they could have had more reoccurring characters.

@John Valentine said:

Evolution appealed to me at the time. I still bare some nostalgic feeling towards it. Not a bad cartoon, just not as good as the excellent early 90s animated series. Wolverine and The X-Men was good too, still, not as good as the original.

X-Men Anime is the worst of the bunch. Looking forward to this.

I agree with that^ X-men:Evo was good at the time, but looking back now-- It's wasn't as memorable.

ZacCooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ZacCooper

I personally liked Evolution, and so must a bunch of other people, I mean there must have been a reason why it ran for 4 seasons haha. But it did have an interesting take on the X-Men and the X-Men villains, showing them as only teenagers.

I would like to see a new X-Men show, that's awesome and doesn't get cancelled after a season (looking at Wolverine and the X-men ¬.¬). In my opinion, I thought that X-Men Anime the weakest X-Men cartoon, not because of the animation style, but because of the story and the duration eurgh, some of the characters and no matter what the story is, they always throw a few tentacled monsters in there, whereas they could have had some cool new anime styled X-Men villains.

I wouldn't mind seeing a cartoon with a running secondary story and team (kinda like Wolverine and the X-Men, with the past and future X-Men) but give it to a lesser known team/squad, such as X-Factor or Young X-Men/New X-Men. Or a cartoon based around Young X-Men, kind of like Young Justice in a way, teenagers discovering these powers.

Also I hope that this tv show, isn't mostly based around Wolverine, the man is already in the spotlight enough, it's time for lesser known characters to step up.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By John Valentine

I don't think the New/Young X-Men could hold an animated series by themselves, they're just not as popular as the established, media-popular X-Men.

An updated version of TAS would be more than welcome, IMO. A show featuring Cyclops, Emma Frost, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Magik, Danger, Professor X, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Beast, Psylocke, (Nu)Angel, Rachel Grey, Kitty, Rogue, Gambit, Cable, Cannonball, Moonstar, Magma, Karma, etc. (Maybe a more stream-lined core cast than that!)

Have Magneto appear as a sympathetic villain/anti-hero. A friend of Charles, who should also be shunned from the other X-Men early in the series due to the reveal of his past behaviour (Danger, Second Krakoa team etc).

Have teams like X-Factor, X-Force, Fantastic Four and Avengers appear for a few episodes.

Guest appearances from Namor, Fantomex and Deadpool.

Have Gambit as a mysterious thief and now ex-X-Man.

Have younger mutants like (well, some of) Chamber, Jubilee (Vampire), Husk, Monet, Hellion, Elixir, X-23, Mercury, Dust, Anole, Rockslide, Armor, Kid Omega etc feature as members of a) younger teams or b) supporting cast.

Marvel could re-do some of the classic stories they touched upon with TAS, but with a more modern take on them (maybe have flashbacks to DPS, acknowledging why Jean is absent). They could also include some more recent X-stories, for example House of M/Decimation, Deadly Genesis, Childhood's End (featuring the New X-Men class), Messiah Trilogy, Schism, Fall of the New Mutants (YES!) and Dark Angel Saga.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle

They should have a show that actually has a starting point...all the X-men series jump in the middle then suffer from having inconsistencies among some characters. Also avoid having every single current X-man character on the team or teams.  For instance, to someone thats not a fan of the comics...having Emma Frost there from the start isn't a good idea, one of the interesting things about Emma in the first place is her history of being an enemy.

People often complain that they do "the same old stories" its important to note that they are some of the only X-Men stories worth telling. The characters were actually developed back then...and written out or killed off when the character lost direction.......not the gigantic stock pile of mutant team....I mean the X-men they have now of days. For instance they could start the show with the "Giant Size" team and build from there.....and before you anyone complains...its important to note that Colossus...who has always been a major player for the X-Men, has never had even a remotely featured role in 3 X-Men series......pathetic IMO. Just go back to beginning and build from there, you don't have to try to adapt the comics exactly either...its important the series do its own thing as well.

Something like Young Justice would be ideal, strong character focus while balancing a larger universe while focusing on the main characters, being mature while appealing to young kids at the same time. Personally, I would love to see a PG-13 style X-Men show with more mature themes and visuals, but, that will likely never happen because Marvel is all about quantity and money.

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By StrangeMan

I don't really think that this has passed over anybody's mind, but acording to recent news, the X-Men show will most likely share the same Universe as Avengers Assemble (and an Iron Man show, but again, just rumours), thing is that Assemble will be a continuation of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and EMH shared the same Universe as Wolverine & The X-Men, so this could mean that they could continue the cliffhanger of that show's finale.

I know that it will absolutely won't happen, but just wanted to share this little piece of trivia.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#13  Edited By x_29

Evolution was alright. Cannot wait to hear more about this new x-men cartoon

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#14  Edited By papad1992

@IllyanaRasputin said:

What was wrong with X-Men Evolution? It was a different approach to grab a different audiences attention. If anything I enjoyed X-Men Evolutions spin on things. It was a creative take on the X-Men characters.

Anyway, other than that. I'm glad to hear that there's another X-Men Cartoon in the works. I'd be very pleased to watch it on my spare time. Definitely would like to see more modern day characters and not so much the old more known heroes, but we'll see what happens.

I agree... I loved X-Men Evolution at the time!

@John Valentine said:

I don't think the New/Young X-Men could hold an animated series by themselves, they're just not as popular as the established, media-popular X-Men.

An updated version of TAS would be more than welcome, IMO. A show featuring Cyclops, Emma Frost, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Magik, Danger, Professor X, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Beast, Psylocke, (Nu)Angel, Rachel Grey, Kitty, Rogue, Gambit, Cable, Cannonball, Moonstar, Magma, Karma, etc. (Maybe a more stream-lined core cast than that!)

Have Magneto appear as a sympathetic villain/anti-hero. A friend of Charles, who should also be shunned from the other X-Men early in the series due to the reveal of his past behaviour (Danger, Second Krakoa team etc).

Have teams like X-Factor, X-Force, Fantastic Four and Avengers appear for a few episodes.

Guest appearances from Namor, Fantomex and Deadpool.

Have Gambit as a mysterious thief and now ex-X-Man.

Have younger mutants like (well, some of) Chamber, Jubilee (Vampire), Husk, Monet, Hellion, Elixir, X-23, Mercury, Dust, Anole, Rockslide, Armor, Kid Omega etc feature as members of a) younger teams or b) supporting cast.

Marvel could re-do some of the classic stories they touched upon with TAS, but with a more modern take on them (maybe have flashbacks to DPS, acknowledging why Jean is absent). They could also include some more recent X-stories, for example House of M/Decimation, Deadly Genesis, Childhood's End (featuring the New X-Men class), Messiah Trilogy, Schism, Fall of the New Mutants (YES!) and Dark Angel Saga.

I would LOVE an animated series... but the Childhood's End story is such a big part of their history, I don't see Marvel airing a show about kids on a bus being blown up and dying as their closet friends watch from a close distance. Probably offset and upset many parents!

But if they choose to start after that: the core team consisting of Prodigy, Hellion, Surge, Mercury, Dust, Rockslide, Anole, Pixie, Elixir, and X-23. with other students as the newest trainees (Armor, Gentle, Indra, Trance, Match, Bling, Loa, Onyxx, and Blindfold)... that would work sooo much better. And keeping the instructor roster contained and small, like: Cyclops, Emma Frost, Beast, Wolverine, Kitty Pryde, and Colossus (the core team from Whedon's run) with guest instructors too. That would be a series that I'd be personally interested in!!

**as long as they don't include Ernst and No-Girl I'm good!

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By krspaceT

Have a show that deals with the Avengers and X-Men in this style: each episode focusing on a famous X-men (Eg Iceman) and an obscure (Cannonball).

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
    G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I started watching the old X-Men cartoon from the 90's on Netflix... That was one of my Saturday morning mainstays and it's still awesome.

KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By KDarkholme

Evolution is my fav Marvel cartoon, it's the one I grew up watching. Then I got into the 90's cartoon, which I also like. It was a nice spin on the X-Men and it was great.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CrimsonCake

@ZacCooper said:

I personally liked Evolution, and so must a bunch of other people, I mean there must have been a reason why it ran for 4 seasons haha. But it did have an interesting take on the X-Men and the X-Men villains, showing them as only teenagers.

I would like to see a new X-Men show, that's awesome and doesn't get cancelled after a season (looking at Wolverine and the X-men ¬.¬). In my opinion, I thought that X-Men Anime the weakest X-Men cartoon, not because of the animation style, but because of the story and the duration eurgh, some of the characters and no matter what the story is, they always throw a few tentacled monsters in there, whereas they could have had some cool new anime styled X-Men villains.

I wouldn't mind seeing a cartoon with a running secondary story and team (kinda like Wolverine and the X-Men, with the past and future X-Men) but give it to a lesser known team/squad, such as X-Factor or Young X-Men/New X-Men. Or a cartoon based around Young X-Men, kind of like Young Justice in a way, teenagers discovering these powers.

Also I hope that this tv show, isn't mostly based around Wolverine, the man is already in the spotlight enough, it's time for lesser known characters to step up.

As much as I would like to this happen I don't think they would use the Comic book roster. They'll most likely make X-23 as a main character and make other X men members into teenagers. I don't think they would consider putting Prodigy, Wall Flower or Surge as members of the team.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BlackWind

After recently rewatching the 90s series, I say Evolution hands down was better in my opinion. Hell, at least in Evolution Magneto wasn't always a reluctant ally.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I'm definitely looking forward to a new X-Men cartoon! It's been so long since we actually had a good X-Men cartoon! I actually liked X-Men Evolution since it was a different spin on the characters and they really developed the characters so well.

What I would like to happen in the new X-Men cartoon is to start having a different roster of characters instead of having the same characters over and over again.  The roster should include Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Iceman, Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Banshee, Rogue, Gambit, Havok, Magik, Polaris and so many others.  I would also love the new cartoon to feature the new X-Men characters like Surge, Blindfold, Armor, Hellion, Rockslide and many others so that way we would have a cartoon where the older X-Men are working together with the newer X-Men.  As for the storylines, they should do some storylines based off of Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men with probably adding more to the roster.

Let's hope the next X-Men cartoon doesn't focus on just one character like "Wolverine and the X-Men" did.

~Little Wishful Thinking:~
    I know this will probably never happen, but it would be nice to have an X-Men series that was like a sitcom and was similar to "Scrubs" as the older X-Men are teaching the younger X-Men and it would be like a comedy based show that still remains true to the characters.  Just a little wishful thinking, even though this might never happen.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Crimsonlord53

How about X-men New mutants.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather see a New Mutants, Generation X or Age of Apocalypse cartoon.

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Aero_gt

Best-90'S X-men

Personal Favorite for originality-Evolution

Had potential-Wolverine and the x-bubs

Worst-the Anime

That said lets hope this new show can bring X-men out of the ashes and burn brightly like the phoenix. Young Justice, Batman Brave and the Bold, Green lantern, and Earth's Mightiest Heroes are the only current curretn heros shows that are any good.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Aero_gt said:

Best-90'S X-men

Personal Favorite for originality-Evolution

Had potential-Wolverine and the x-bubs

Worst-the Anime

I definitely agree with this!! Although I haven't seen the anime yet.
    tahmidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tahmidk

meh i didnt like evolution because they were all teenagersx felt unnecessary and retarded. and nightcrawler sucked in that shw!

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By One_Eye

@xmentas said:

Talk about an under-appreciated show! Evolution had the most coherent plot, solid art, and overall good portrayals of the characters involved. I'll take it over the other two cartoons.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cattlebattle

I think the reason Evolution garners so much hatred is because of its kid friendly nature......I mean, Wolverine recycles in the first episode...blatantly. The show was probably the greatest thing in the world to a young kid, but to an older fan that was already familiar with the mature, dark, soap operatic world of the X-Men, they were probably like "What the hell is this sh*t!?"

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xmentas

@cattlebattle said:

I think the reason Evolution garners so much hatred is because of its kid friendly nature......I mean, Wolverine recycles in the first episode...blatantly. The show was probably the greatest thing in the world to a young kid, but to an older fan that was already familiar with the mature, dark, soap operatic world of the X-Men, they were probably like "What the hell is this sh*t!?"

And it will stay that way considering the shows are targeted for kids.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cattlebattle
    @xmentas said:

@cattlebattle said:

True, although we did have the X-men Anime which was more mature and violent....and everyone hated it....go figure.
    xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By xmentas

@cattlebattle said:

@xmentas said:

@cattlebattle said:

True, although we did have the X-men Anime which was more mature and violent....and everyone hated it....go figure.

Touche. Considering some anime is made for teens it would make sense that the anime series was darker.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BlackWind

@One_Eye said:

@xmentas said:

Talk about an under-appreciated show! Evolution had the most coherent plot, solid art, and overall good portrayals of the characters involved. I'll take it over the other two cartoons.

I'll take Evolution and it's good portrayal of Scott, excellent Wolverine voice, and actual villain Magneto over the 90s series anyday.

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By xmentas

@BlackWind said:

@One_Eye said:

@xmentas said:

I'll take Evolution and it's good portrayal of Scott, excellent Wolverine voice, and actual villain Magneto over the 90s series anyday.

The wolverine voice was great (it's the way I hear him in my mind when reading the comics) as was magneto. Scott however, I'd say he was portrayed way younger than he really is. Then again it was portraying them as younger teens so it does make sense, however I like the adult like cyclops the animated series 90s brought

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@xmentas said:

@BlackWind said:

@One_Eye said:

@xmentas said:

The wolverine voice was great (it's the way I hear him in my mind when reading the comics) as was magneto. Scott however, I'd say he was portrayed way younger than he really is. Then again it was portraying them as younger teens so it does make sense, however I like the adult like cyclops the animated series 90s brought

I loved Wolverine's voice in Evolution since it really goes with his character.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CF12793

This is good news. I really, really, REALLY hope they don't focus on Wolverine too much. The animated series from the 90's was great for portraying ALL of the characters, even the ones that only appeared in a single episode. I really hope they bring Rogue back to her original persona, instead of a whiny, mutant hating bitch. They should consult the creative team behind the 90's series and see what ideas they have, I'm sure they would have great takes on how to do Schism, Utopia, etc. Given that they're probably going to take storylines from the last 10 years or so, could Namor be a main character? That would be an interesting choice.

For influences, they should look at Young Justice and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Both are great because they have a perfect balance of serious storylines but still moments that ground them in the Universe of a cartoon show.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @CF12793 said:

This is good news. I really, really, REALLY hope they don't focus on Wolverine too much. The animated series from the 90's was great for portraying ALL of the characters, even the ones that only appeared in a single episode. I really hope they bring Rogue back to her original persona, instead of a whiny, mutant hating bitch. They should consult the creative team behind the 90's series and see what ideas they have, I'm sure they would have great takes on how to do Schism, Utopia, etc. Given that they're probably going to take storylines from the last 10 years or so, could Namor be a main character? That would be an interesting choice.

For influences, they should look at Young Justice and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Both are great because they have a perfect balance of serious storylines but still moments that ground them in the Universe of a cartoon show.

I want the old Rogue back too. She was awesome!!
    CerealKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CerealKiller

When i was 13 x-men evolution was literally the best show i thought i'd ever seen. Never saw the original x-men cartoon, so evolution was my first ever exposure to anything x-men and it was really what got me interested in reading the comics years later. Now, having read the comics, i like them a lot better, but x-men evolution will still be a nostalgic favourite of mine.

and everyones right about it having the best voice actor for wolverine, its the only way i can hear his voice in my head now. he sounded way too soft and wispy in the new cartoon

xcoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By xcoser

What could that be X-men animation? it could've been the next bit hit cartoon?

tahmidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By tahmidk

man id love it to start with new xmen and then just follow all the major storylines until schism, where i the episodes could be split with one ep on utopia and the other at jean grey school or showing both simutaneously

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By poisonfleur

Honestly all the cartoon series had something special about them.. But the original series found a way to balance all the characters out and do justice to everyone without constantly jaming wolverine in our faces or incaping our favorite characters ever episode, or messing up beloved characters for the plot.

We need solid character dynamic. Look at Teen Titans. They got it to work. Hopefully X-men will do the same.

And Marvel, It's okay if Wolverine isn't in every episode. Take a deep breath. Everything will be alright. There are tons of X-men that deserve the shine and moments to be appreciated.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@poisonfleur said:

Honestly all the cartoon series had something special about them.. But the original series found a way to balance all the characters out and do justice to everyone without constantly jaming wolverine in our faces or incaping our favorite characters ever episode, or messing up beloved characters for the plot.

We need solid character dynamic. Look at Teen Titans. They got it to work. Hopefully X-men will do the same.

And Marvel, It's okay if Wolverine isn't in every episode. Take a deep breath. Everything will be alright. There are tons of X-men that deserve the shine and moments to be appreciated.

This I agree with!!!

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By poisonfleur

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@poisonfleur said:

This I agree with!!!

lol Seriously though. Especially in Wolverine and the X-men, they nerfed all the other characters to make Wolverine look good. I am pissed, because Storm was knocked out/incapped every other episode, Emma was shattered at the end of season 1, Psylocke was a villian, Rogue, Storm, Pixie and Sage looked a horrible mess, and half the cast was just wallpaper.

IMO, I feel that Wolverine is a tank character. He should take most of the hits in the series. Having Jean missing for half the series and having Storm get knocked out every other episode defeats the purpose of having them on the team. Why take Amazing main characters that fans love and turn them into supporting characters that solo purpose is to make Wolverine look good???

That's my issue with Wolverine-- Apparently he has a huge fan base, but he isn't even the same character that his fans fell in love with. I thought people liked him for being a loner, savage, angry, unexpected hero with a past. Not spokesmen and leader of the x-men, that's an avenger and headmaster of the school.

Personally--- and this is my opinion as a Storm fan-- I feel the whole Schism event that Wolverine did, totally fit more into Storm's characterization than in Wolverine's. Even at Xavier's funeral, Wolverine was the speaker???? Over Beast, Iceman, and Storm? Wow-- Slap in the face to other established characters. I am tired of other characters being held back to make Wolverine look better.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@poisonfleur said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@poisonfleur said:

This I agree with!!!

lol Seriously though. Especially in Wolverine and the X-men, they nerfed all the other characters to make Wolverine look good. I am pissed, because Storm was knocked out/incapped every other episode, Emma was shattered at the end of season 1, Psylocke was a villian, Rogue, Storm, Pixie and Sage looked a horrible mess, and half the cast was just wallpaper.

IMO, I feel that Wolverine is a tank character. He should take most of the hits in the series. Having Jean missing for half the series and having Storm get knocked out every other episode defeats the purpose of having them on the team. Why take Amazing main characters that fans love and turn them into supporting characters that solo purpose is to make Wolverine look good???

That's my issue with Wolverine-- Apparently he has a huge fan base, but he isn't even the same character that his fans fell in love with. I thought people liked him for being a loner, savage, angry, unexpected hero with a past. Not spokesmen and leader of the x-men, that's an avenger and headmaster of the school.

Personally--- and this is my opinion as a Storm fan-- I feel the whole Schism event that Wolverine did, totally fit more into Storm's characterization than in Wolverine's. Even at Xavier's funeral, Wolverine was the speaker???? Over Beast, Iceman, and Storm? Wow-- Slap in the face to other established characters. I am tired of other characters being held back to make Wolverine look better.

I definitely agree with this! I think Storm should have been the one who took a stance against Cyclops in Schism. But I guess since Storm already led the X-Men in the past, they wanted to use someone different and it had to be Wolverine.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#43  Edited By TheCannon

I've lost all fate in Marvel television. They cancel Avengers: EMH just to try and draw movie popularity? We really need another version of Avengers working for SHIELD? Not to mention Spectacular Spider-Man. So I could care less.

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheCannon said:

I've lost all fate in Marvel television. They cancel Avengers: EMH just to try and draw movie popularity? We really need another version of Avengers working for SHIELD? Not to mention Spectacular Spider-Man. So I could care less.

???

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#45  Edited By TheCannon

@Death Certificate said:

@TheCannon said:

???

They canceled the spectacular Spider-Man after 26 episodes to make that horrible Ultimate Spider-Man series.

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheCannon: Can't disagree with that. The day jeph leob took over day Marvel television, was the beginning of the end.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By poisonfleur

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@poisonfleur said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@poisonfleur said:

This I agree with!!!

I definitely agree with this! I think Storm should have been the one who took a stance against Cyclops in Schism. But I guess since Storm already led the X-Men in the past, they wanted to use someone different and it had to be Wolverine.

I guess you are right. I am just a little sick of seeing Wolverine Every Time I Turn Around!! He is the poster child of the X-men, he has his own solos, own tv shows, own movies, and spin offs and clones.... >_>

So when he steals another character's thunder, I slam it into turbo rant mode. lol

I really would love to see Storm, Rachel, and Rogue were written better and had more spotlight and shine. Let's see all our x-men be a little bit more edgier so they can turn some heads. ;)

And I am really glad to see Gambit get some spotlight. Kudos to him, he deserves it.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@poisonfleur said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@poisonfleur said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@poisonfleur said:

This I agree with!!!

I guess you are right. I am just a little sick of seeing Wolverine Every Time I Turn Around!! He is the poster child of the X-men, he has his own solos, own tv shows, own movies, and spin offs and clones.... >_>

So when he steals another character's thunder, I slam it into turbo rant mode. lol

I really would love to see Storm, Rachel, and Rogue were written better and had more spotlight and shine. Let's see all our x-men be a little bit more edgier so they can turn some heads. ;)

And I am really glad to see Gambit get some spotlight. Kudos to him, he deserves it.

I agree! Gambit definitely deserves some spotlight in recent years!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.