New X-men cartoon

  • 96 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by TheCannon (18624 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not here to sway they're making a new one. How would you make a new X-men cartoon. Here's what you need to put:

Roster

Pilot episode plot

How you would adapt stories from the comics into the cartoon (such as Dark Phoenix saga, Days of Future Past, Age of Apocalypse, etc.)

Note: For roster, you do not need to put Professor X, you need him for any X-men cartoon.

Here's mine:

Roster:

Cyclops, Wolverine, Colossus, Storm, Nightcrawler, Rogue, & Jean Grey

Pilot episode plot:

X-men members Cyclops and Colossus come to try to recruit Wolverine into the "X-men". Wolverine denies at first, but is taken to the X-mansion for medical attention after an attack from Magneto. Wolverine agrees to join them in order to protect the World Leaders from an attack by Magneto's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (consisting of Magneto, Toad, Sabertooth, Blob, and Rogue). After an epic battle, the Brotherhood is defeated after Rogue turns on them and joins the X-men. Following this, Wolverine agrees to become a full time X-men member.

Comic book story adaptions: Haven't come up with anything yet. I will post it if I do.

How would you do this and what do you think of my ideas?

#2 Posted by TheCannon (18624 posts) - - Show Bio

I for got to put this above. This is the season one three-part finale:

After training, Professor X, Cyclops, and Jean Grey decide it's time to tell the X-men why they were formed. The original X-men members Iceman, Angel, Beast, Havok, and Polaris are imprisoned in the Savage Land. Cyclops and Jean just narrowly escaped. Professor X recruited new X-men to train them and rescue the original. When they go there, they are confronted by several Mutates. In part 2, it is revealed Mr Sinister was behind it, but doe not give the reason. At the end of Part 2, Apocalypse is shown to be Mr Sinister's boss. In Part 3, Apocalypse reveals it was a plan to rid the world of mutants. The X-men fight (new and original), but are outnumbered. Magneto and the Brotherhood show up to help them fight Apocalypse, Mr Sinister, and all of the Savage Land mutates. After winning, Magneto states that this doen't change anything. Upon returning to the mansion, Iceman, Angel, Beast, Havok, and Polaris decide to leave the X-men, and while Cyclops and Jean consider, they decide to stay.

#3 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

I would actually set the new X-Men cartoon right at the timeline of "All New, All Different" X-Men, with the first episode having the original X-Men go to Krakoa where they are defeated. Episode 2 would show Professor X recruiting Wolverine, Storm, Banshee, Sunfire, Colossus, Thunderbird and Nightcrawler. Episode 3-6 would be them going to Krakoa and then fighting it. Remainder of the season would be the new team of X-Men's first missions.

#4 Posted by TheCannon (18624 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea, but you can never expect these accurate to the comics at all.

#5 Posted by JediXMan (30547 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I would absolutely love to see Grant Morrison's X-Men run turned into a cartoon series, it wouldn't get passed the censors.

So I'd go with the New X-Men run. It was a good series while it lasted and safe enough that it wouldn't need alteration.

Moderator
#6 Posted by feargalr (1163 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn.... I sure would have loved a new X-men cartoon :(

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33314 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

As much as I would absolutely love to see Grant Morrison's X-Men run turned into a cartoon series, it wouldn't get passed the censors.

So I'd go with the New X-Men run. It was a good series while it lasted and safe enough that it wouldn't need alteration.

I 2nd this
#8 Posted by SupermanJohnathanKentJr (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Dammit, you're lucky that I love threads like this anyway.

Roster:

The main cast from the 90s show minus Jean Grey

+ Emma Frost (Don't care for White Queen but someone needs to be in that psychic role)

+ Cable (but only occassionally, wouldn't want powerhouses making things too easy for the X-Men

Minus Jubilee (no kids needed)

+ Kitty Pryde

+Some of the newer X-Men, likely they would come later to the established X-Men (everyone I named above)

Plot:

Professor X is the leader and he never EVER goes missing, etc. The show would be about his vision slowly coming to fruition. And I mean that, over the years NOTICABLE changes to how the world accepts mutants are shown. The show would possibly have each season be like a year or so. Characters change and develop over the years. They come across main villains such as Mr. Sinister, Robert Kelly, Trask, Arcade and Magneto, with Magneto being the main villain for most of the series. But the important thing is again, this show is about Professor X making humans accepting of mutants (and vice versa)

Scott Summers is the squad leader or whatever. Logan leads jack s^*&. That has to be stated.

#9 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have a pilot plot or even a cast list in mind, but I'd love to see an X-Force cartoon, something geared toward an older audience, maybe late-night Cartoon network or somesuch.

#10 Posted by SupermanJohnathanKentJr (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

I for got to put this above. This is the season one three-part finale:

After training, Professor X, Cyclops, and Jean Grey decide it's time to tell the X-men why they were formed. The original X-men members Iceman, Angel, Beast, Havok, and Polaris are imprisoned in the Savage Land. Cyclops and Jean just narrowly escaped. Professor X recruited new X-men to train them and rescue the original. When they go there, they are confronted by several Mutates. In part 2, it is revealed Mr Sinister was behind it, but doe not give the reason. At the end of Part 2, Apocalypse is shown to be Mr Sinister's boss. In Part 3, Apocalypse reveals it was a plan to rid the world of mutants. The X-men fight (new and original), but are outnumbered. Magneto and the Brotherhood show up to help them fight Apocalypse, Mr Sinister, and all of the Savage Land mutates. After winning, Magneto states that this doen't change anything. Upon returning to the mansion, Iceman, Angel, Beast, Havok, and Polaris decide to leave the X-men, and while Cyclops and Jean consider, they decide to stay.

That reminds me, Iceman would be a regular on my team. How did I forget about him?

#11 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shadow_Thief said:

I don't have a pilot plot or even a cast list in mind, but I'd love to see an X-Force cartoon, something geared toward an older audience, maybe late-night Cartoon network or somesuch.

This is an idea I could get behind, and it could work with pretty much incarnation of the team: Cable & Company, The X-Force who became X-Statix, Wolverine & Company, Wolverine & Company II: Electric Boogaloo.

#12 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

As much as I would absolutely love to see Grant Morrison's X-Men run turned into a cartoon series, it wouldn't get passed the censors.

So I'd go with the New X-Men run. It was a good series while it lasted and safe enough that it wouldn't need alteration.

Uh... even though I loved that series so much... Having most of the student body depowered and dying in the bus attacks were the real turn in the series that made them a little less fun/school-ish feeling to the more serious "last generation of mutants" kids!! So I wouldn't see this coming to fruition anytime soon!!

#13 Posted by JediXMan (30547 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992:

I loved that moment. I actually started reading it not long after that, and now going back and reading what led to the attack makes the incident much more tragic. It's also why I love it. It goes from fun and care-free to throwing the students right into the "real world" and having to confront the dangers. They might be able to get away with that moment.

Moderator
#14 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@papad1992:

I loved that moment. I actually started reading it not long after that, and now going back and reading what led to the attack makes the incident much more tragic. It's also why I love it. It goes from fun and care-free to throwing the students right into the "real world" and having to confront the dangers. They might be able to get away with that moment.

I agree with u on the comic book series being awesome but as for if it becoming a TV show, maybe they could make the buses burst into flowers!?

#15 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5858 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see Joss Whedon's run of "Astonishing X-Men" be turned into an animated show.

#16 Posted by JediXMan (30547 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@JediXMan said:

@papad1992:

I loved that moment. I actually started reading it not long after that, and now going back and reading what led to the attack makes the incident much more tragic. It's also why I love it. It goes from fun and care-free to throwing the students right into the "real world" and having to confront the dangers. They might be able to get away with that moment.

I agree with u on the comic book series being awesome but as for if it becoming a TV show, maybe they could make the buses burst into flowers!?

A little death isn't necessarily bad. It's a good juxtaposition for an overall light series that had the occasional dark moments.

Moderator
#17 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@papad1992 said:

@JediXMan said:

@papad1992:

I loved that moment. I actually started reading it not long after that, and now going back and reading what led to the attack makes the incident much more tragic. It's also why I love it. It goes from fun and care-free to throwing the students right into the "real world" and having to confront the dangers. They might be able to get away with that moment.

I agree with u on the comic book series being awesome but as for if it becoming a TV show, maybe they could make the buses burst into flowers!?

A little death isn't necessarily bad. It's a good juxtaposition for an overall light series that had the occasional dark moments.

I know Young Justice (the current young and a bit dark series) has it's moments but "a little death" to have some juxtaposition is a bit of an understatement!! Only 26 (I think) of the entire student body survived. And out of the rest of the students that weren't the "lucky ones" that got depowered... died. There were a couple of buses full of kids that exploded!! Some of these kids were favorites of the series prior to House of M and the Decimation! So one death is suitable, two deaths is understandable, three deaths is bad, and a couple of buses full of kids exploding is just plain horrible for a TV show for young viewers!! But who's to say that the series couldn't be about the beginning of the the series of how each student came and relationships were built and they formed into squads and went on little missions, etc...

#18 Posted by JediXMan (30547 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992:

I think the major problem is that it shouldn't be for "younger viewers." I'm thinking the 12-13 and up crowd. It should be waited PG.

Moderator
#19 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupermanJohnathanKentJr said:

Dammit, you're lucky that I love threads like this anyway.

Roster:

The main cast from the 90s show minus Jean Grey

+ Emma Frost (Don't care for White Queen but someone needs to be in that psychic role)

+ Cable (but only occassionally, wouldn't want powerhouses making things too easy for the X-Men

Minus Jubilee (no kids needed)

+ Kitty Pryde

+Some of the newer X-Men, likely they would come later to the established X-Men (everyone I named above)

Plot:

Professor X is the leader and he never EVER goes missing, etc. The show would be about his vision slowly coming to fruition. And I mean that, over the years NOTICABLE changes to how the world accepts mutants are shown. The show would possibly have each season be like a year or so. Characters change and develop over the years. They come across main villains such as Mr. Sinister, Robert Kelly, Trask, Arcade and Magneto, with Magneto being the main villain for most of the series. But the important thing is again, this show is about Professor X making humans accepting of mutants (and vice versa)

Scott Summers is the squad leader or whatever. Logan leads jack s^*&. That has to be stated.

I gotta admit I wasn't on board half of your idea, but you won me back with this line, bravo sir, I would love to see your show

#20 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

@JediXMan said:

@papad1992 said:

@JediXMan said:

@papad1992:

I loved that moment. I actually started reading it not long after that, and now going back and reading what led to the attack makes the incident much more tragic. It's also why I love it. It goes from fun and care-free to throwing the students right into the "real world" and having to confront the dangers. They might be able to get away with that moment.

I agree with u on the comic book series being awesome but as for if it becoming a TV show, maybe they could make the buses burst into flowers!?

A little death isn't necessarily bad. It's a good juxtaposition for an overall light series that had the occasional dark moments.

I know Young Justice (the current young and a bit dark series) has it's moments but "a little death" to have some juxtaposition is a bit of an understatement!! Only 26 (I think) of the entire student body survived. And out of the rest of the students that weren't the "lucky ones" that got depowered... died. There were a couple of buses full of kids that exploded!! Some of these kids were favorites of the series prior to House of M and the Decimation! So one death is suitable, two deaths is understandable, three deaths is bad, and a couple of buses full of kids exploding is just plain horrible for a TV show for young viewers!! But who's to say that the series couldn't be about the beginning of the the series of how each student came and relationships were built and they formed into squads and went on little missions, etc...

One episode of Young Justice showed almost every iconic DC superhero since their inception being vaporized and becoming little more than dust. It wasn't even revealed until the end of the episode what was really happening, and the reveal was more disturbing than all the shocking things that came before it.
#21 Posted by SupermanJohnathanKentJr (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@SupermanJohnathanKentJr said:

Dammit, you're lucky that I love threads like this anyway.

Roster:

The main cast from the 90s show minus Jean Grey

+ Emma Frost (Don't care for White Queen but someone needs to be in that psychic role)

+ Cable (but only occassionally, wouldn't want powerhouses making things too easy for the X-Men

Minus Jubilee (no kids needed)

+ Kitty Pryde

+Some of the newer X-Men, likely they would come later to the established X-Men (everyone I named above)

Plot:

Professor X is the leader and he never EVER goes missing, etc. The show would be about his vision slowly coming to fruition. And I mean that, over the years NOTICABLE changes to how the world accepts mutants are shown. The show would possibly have each season be like a year or so. Characters change and develop over the years. They come across main villains such as Mr. Sinister, Robert Kelly, Trask, Arcade and Magneto, with Magneto being the main villain for most of the series. But the important thing is again, this show is about Professor X making humans accepting of mutants (and vice versa)

Scott Summers is the squad leader or whatever. Logan leads jack s^*&. That has to be stated.

I gotta admit I wasn't on board half of your idea, but you won me back with this line, bravo sir, I would love to see your show

Haha! What didn't you like about my idea, good sir?

#22 Posted by SupermanJohnathanKentJr (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

I would love to see Joss Whedon's run of "Astonishing X-Men" be turned into an animated show.

I think 4 short movies would be better.

#23 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@papad1992 said:

@JediXMan said:

@papad1992 said:

@JediXMan said:

@papad1992:

I loved that moment. I actually started reading it not long after that, and now going back and reading what led to the attack makes the incident much more tragic. It's also why I love it. It goes from fun and care-free to throwing the students right into the "real world" and having to confront the dangers. They might be able to get away with that moment.

I agree with u on the comic book series being awesome but as for if it becoming a TV show, maybe they could make the buses burst into flowers!?

A little death isn't necessarily bad. It's a good juxtaposition for an overall light series that had the occasional dark moments.

I know Young Justice (the current young and a bit dark series) has it's moments but "a little death" to have some juxtaposition is a bit of an understatement!! Only 26 (I think) of the entire student body survived. And out of the rest of the students that weren't the "lucky ones" that got depowered... died. There were a couple of buses full of kids that exploded!! Some of these kids were favorites of the series prior to House of M and the Decimation! So one death is suitable, two deaths is understandable, three deaths is bad, and a couple of buses full of kids exploding is just plain horrible for a TV show for young viewers!! But who's to say that the series couldn't be about the beginning of the the series of how each student came and relationships were built and they formed into squads and went on little missions, etc...

One episode of Young Justice showed almost every iconic DC superhero since their inception being vaporized and becoming little more than dust. It wasn't even revealed until the end of the episode what was really happening, and the reveal was more disturbing than all the shocking things that came before it.

That was a scenario... Wasn't really happening!! The buses full of kids (not heroic superheroes) that don't have powers anymore and that are innocent exploded!! Highly recoverable.

#24 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@papad1992:

I think the major problem is that it shouldn't be for "younger viewers." I'm thinking the 12-13 and up crowd. It should be waited PG.

Or at least PG-13...

#25 Edited by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

That was a scenario... Wasn't really happening!! The buses full of kids (not heroic superheroes) that don't have powers anymore and that are innocent exploded!! Highly recoverable.

You're completely missing my point. The viewer is not made aware of what is really happening until the final minutes of the episode. And the subsequent psychological issues the team suffers from in the following episodes is very mature in nature and goes right over kids' heads, despite the fact that it is shown on a network that's primary demographic is indeed children. Showing the likes of Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Flash being turned into...well...nothing was shocking in it's own right and I was thoroughly surprised the network let that slide. 
#26 Posted by JediXMan (30547 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@JediXMan said:

@papad1992:

I think the major problem is that it shouldn't be for "younger viewers." I'm thinking the 12-13 and up crowd. It should be waited PG.

Or at least PG-13...

It would be PG14, the TV equivalent of PG-13.

The biggest hindering for comic cartoons is the notion that they must be kid-friendly. I don't see why this is a necessity.

Moderator
#27 Posted by Tigerstriper (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon:

X-Men: First Class (the way it should be done)

Roster:

The original team. Angel, Beast, Cyclops, Iceman, Marvel Girl

Pilot episode plot:

Part 1: Professor X gathers the X-Men one by one, and begins training them in the use of their powers. They all get a standard X-Men team uniform.

Part 2: Magneto attacks a United States military weapon facility, and threatens to launch missiles all over the Earth. It's up to the X-Men to stop him.

How you would adapt stories from the comics into the cartoon:

I wouldn't have the new team (Storm, Wolverine etc...) show up until season three. I'd leave the team the way it was in the comics during those stories.

#28 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupermanJohnathanKentJr said:

@BlackArmor said:

@SupermanJohnathanKentJr said:

Dammit, you're lucky that I love threads like this anyway.

Roster:

The main cast from the 90s show minus Jean Grey

+ Emma Frost (Don't care for White Queen but someone needs to be in that psychic role)

+ Cable (but only occassionally, wouldn't want powerhouses making things too easy for the X-Men

Minus Jubilee (no kids needed)

+ Kitty Pryde

+Some of the newer X-Men, likely they would come later to the established X-Men (everyone I named above)

Plot:

Professor X is the leader and he never EVER goes missing, etc. The show would be about his vision slowly coming to fruition. And I mean that, over the years NOTICABLE changes to how the world accepts mutants are shown. The show would possibly have each season be like a year or so. Characters change and develop over the years. They come across main villains such as Mr. Sinister, Robert Kelly, Trask, Arcade and Magneto, with Magneto being the main villain for most of the series. But the important thing is again, this show is about Professor X making humans accepting of mutants (and vice versa)

Scott Summers is the squad leader or whatever. Logan leads jack s^*&. That has to be stated.

I gotta admit I wasn't on board half of your idea, but you won me back with this line, bravo sir, I would love to see your show

Haha! What didn't you like about my idea, good sir?

Nothing really wrong with it, it sounds interesting, it's more like small personal disagreements (like how I like Jubilee more than Kitty). I do doubt, to some degree, the wisdom of centering the plot around Prof. X's dream actually getting closer to completion. It seems like in the comics they always get farther from success rather than closer and allot of good stories have risen from the frustration (allot of bad ones too). That being said it sounds like an interesting change of direction and could be good

#29 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5858 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just something I came up with, but it would be interesting to see an X-Men cartoon that is set up like "Scrubs" and be called "X-Men: Institute" and instead is a sitcom comedy about the X-Men being teachers while dealing with their personal lives. It would be set after the mutants and humanity are at peace with each other since it wouldn't really be a comedy if they were still fighting with each other and we could have the villains occasionally make appearances in this show and be like the X-Men's rivals in certain situations.  I know that this will probably never happen and it has nothing to do with the comics, but it would be great to see an X-Men show that was like a comedy and actually tries to show all the X-Men characters at one time, while having different stories about each character. (yeah, there's Super Hero Squad that sort of does the comedy thing, but I wanted it to be mainly X-Men characters and have a plot line similar to "Scrubs.")

#30 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

This is just something I came up with, but it would be interesting to see an X-Men cartoon that is set up like "Scrubs" and be called "X-Men: Institute" and instead is a sitcom comedy about the X-Men being teachers while dealing with their personal lives. It would be set after the mutants and humanity are at peace with each other since it wouldn't really be a comedy if they were still fighting with each other and we could have the villains occasionally make appearances in this show and be like the X-Men's rivals in certain situations. I know that this will probably never happen and it has nothing to do with the comics, but it would be great to see an X-Men show that was like a comedy and actually tries to show all the X-Men characters at one time, while having different stories about each character. (yeah, there's Super Hero Squad that sort of does the comedy thing, but I wanted it to be mainly X-Men characters and have a plot line similar to "Scrubs.")

That's a really interesting idea, only problem might be that not to many of the older X-men are comedically inclined, it feels like it would have to parody itself and it might be really hard to stop it from being a plain out soup opera. Maybe if Iceman was the main character it may be easier to keep it funny and less serious. This is the kinda idea I would really like to see a pilot for because it could be either absolutely amazing or unbearably terrible if handled wrong. I would suggest Joss Whedon write it, but I'm not sure how valid that suggestion is because I suggest he writes everything X-men related.

#31 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5858 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

This is just something I came up with, but it would be interesting to see an X-Men cartoon that is set up like "Scrubs" and be called "X-Men: Institute" and instead is a sitcom comedy about the X-Men being teachers while dealing with their personal lives. It would be set after the mutants and humanity are at peace with each other since it wouldn't really be a comedy if they were still fighting with each other and we could have the villains occasionally make appearances in this show and be like the X-Men's rivals in certain situations. I know that this will probably never happen and it has nothing to do with the comics, but it would be great to see an X-Men show that was like a comedy and actually tries to show all the X-Men characters at one time, while having different stories about each character. (yeah, there's Super Hero Squad that sort of does the comedy thing, but I wanted it to be mainly X-Men characters and have a plot line similar to "Scrubs.")

That's a really interesting idea, only problem might be that not to many of the older X-men are comedically inclined, it feels like it would have to parody itself and it might be really hard to stop it from being a plain out soup opera. Maybe if Iceman was the main character it may be easier to keep it funny and less serious. This is the kinda idea I would really like to see a pilot for because it could be either absolutely amazing or unbearably terrible if handled wrong. I would suggest Joss Whedon write it, but I'm not sure how valid that suggestion is because I suggest he writes everything X-men related.

I want Joss Whedon to write everything X-Men related too! He's such a great writer and I loved his work with "Astonishing X-Men." Also, he knows how to balance comedy and serious situations perfectly, so maybe he could write some of the episodes for this show. I also want the show to avoid any "soap opera" related drama, like having the X-Men couples continuously go off with other people and then come back together and then date other people over and over again until the storyline gets so old. By the way, Iceman would make a perfect J.D. !
#32 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@BlackArmor said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

This is just something I came up with, but it would be interesting to see an X-Men cartoon that is set up like "Scrubs" and be called "X-Men: Institute" and instead is a sitcom comedy about the X-Men being teachers while dealing with their personal lives. It would be set after the mutants and humanity are at peace with each other since it wouldn't really be a comedy if they were still fighting with each other and we could have the villains occasionally make appearances in this show and be like the X-Men's rivals in certain situations. I know that this will probably never happen and it has nothing to do with the comics, but it would be great to see an X-Men show that was like a comedy and actually tries to show all the X-Men characters at one time, while having different stories about each character. (yeah, there's Super Hero Squad that sort of does the comedy thing, but I wanted it to be mainly X-Men characters and have a plot line similar to "Scrubs.")

That's a really interesting idea, only problem might be that not to many of the older X-men are comedically inclined, it feels like it would have to parody itself and it might be really hard to stop it from being a plain out soup opera. Maybe if Iceman was the main character it may be easier to keep it funny and less serious. This is the kinda idea I would really like to see a pilot for because it could be either absolutely amazing or unbearably terrible if handled wrong. I would suggest Joss Whedon write it, but I'm not sure how valid that suggestion is because I suggest he writes everything X-men related.

I want Joss Whedon to write everything X-Men related too! He's such a great writer and I loved his work with "Astonishing X-Men." Also, he knows how to balance comedy and serious situations perfectly, so maybe he could write some of the episodes for this show. I also want the show to avoid any "soap opera" related drama, like having the X-Men couples continuously go off with other people and then come back together and then date other people over and over again until the storyline gets so old. By the way, Iceman would make a perfect J.D. !

Yeah, I just don't know which character would make a good Turk

#33 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5858 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@BlackArmor said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

This is just something I came up with, but it would be interesting to see an X-Men cartoon that is set up like "Scrubs" and be called "X-Men: Institute" and instead is a sitcom comedy about the X-Men being teachers while dealing with their personal lives. It would be set after the mutants and humanity are at peace with each other since it wouldn't really be a comedy if they were still fighting with each other and we could have the villains occasionally make appearances in this show and be like the X-Men's rivals in certain situations. I know that this will probably never happen and it has nothing to do with the comics, but it would be great to see an X-Men show that was like a comedy and actually tries to show all the X-Men characters at one time, while having different stories about each character. (yeah, there's Super Hero Squad that sort of does the comedy thing, but I wanted it to be mainly X-Men characters and have a plot line similar to "Scrubs.")

That's a really interesting idea, only problem might be that not to many of the older X-men are comedically inclined, it feels like it would have to parody itself and it might be really hard to stop it from being a plain out soup opera. Maybe if Iceman was the main character it may be easier to keep it funny and less serious. This is the kinda idea I would really like to see a pilot for because it could be either absolutely amazing or unbearably terrible if handled wrong. I would suggest Joss Whedon write it, but I'm not sure how valid that suggestion is because I suggest he writes everything X-men related.

I want Joss Whedon to write everything X-Men related too! He's such a great writer and I loved his work with "Astonishing X-Men." Also, he knows how to balance comedy and serious situations perfectly, so maybe he could write some of the episodes for this show. I also want the show to avoid any "soap opera" related drama, like having the X-Men couples continuously go off with other people and then come back together and then date other people over and over again until the storyline gets so old. By the way, Iceman would make a perfect J.D. !

Yeah, I just don't know which character would make a good Turk

Yeah, that' s a bit tough...
#34 Posted by SupermanJohnathanKentJr (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@SupermanJohnathanKentJr said:

@BlackArmor said:

@SupermanJohnathanKentJr said:

Dammit, you're lucky that I love threads like this anyway.

Roster:

The main cast from the 90s show minus Jean Grey

+ Emma Frost (Don't care for White Queen but someone needs to be in that psychic role)

+ Cable (but only occassionally, wouldn't want powerhouses making things too easy for the X-Men

Minus Jubilee (no kids needed)

+ Kitty Pryde

+Some of the newer X-Men, likely they would come later to the established X-Men (everyone I named above)

Plot:

Professor X is the leader and he never EVER goes missing, etc. The show would be about his vision slowly coming to fruition. And I mean that, over the years NOTICABLE changes to how the world accepts mutants are shown. The show would possibly have each season be like a year or so. Characters change and develop over the years. They come across main villains such as Mr. Sinister, Robert Kelly, Trask, Arcade and Magneto, with Magneto being the main villain for most of the series. But the important thing is again, this show is about Professor X making humans accepting of mutants (and vice versa)

Scott Summers is the squad leader or whatever. Logan leads jack s^*&. That has to be stated.

I gotta admit I wasn't on board half of your idea, but you won me back with this line, bravo sir, I would love to see your show

Haha! What didn't you like about my idea, good sir?

Nothing really wrong with it, it sounds interesting, it's more like small personal disagreements (like how I like Jubilee more than Kitty). I do doubt, to some degree, the wisdom of centering the plot around Prof. X's dream actually getting closer to completion. It seems like in the comics they always get farther from success rather than closer and allot of good stories have risen from the frustration (allot of bad ones too). That being said it sounds like an interesting change of direction and could be good

Yeah, I wish the X-Men would make some actually progress.

#35 Posted by Black_Robin (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupermanJohnathanKentJr said:

Dammit, you're lucky that I love threads like this anyway.

Roster:

The main cast from the 90s show minus Jean Grey

+ Emma Frost (Don't care for White Queen but someone needs to be in that psychic role)

+ Cable (but only occassionally, wouldn't want powerhouses making things too easy for the X-Men

Minus Jubilee (no kids needed)

+ Kitty Pryde

+Some of the newer X-Men, likely they would come later to the established X-Men (everyone I named above)

Plot:

Professor X is the leader and he never EVER goes missing, etc. The show would be about his vision slowly coming to fruition. And I mean that, over the years NOTICABLE changes to how the world accepts mutants are shown. The show would possibly have each season be like a year or so. Characters change and develop over the years. They come across main villains such as Mr. Sinister, Robert Kelly, Trask, Arcade and Magneto, with Magneto being the main villain for most of the series. But the important thing is again, this show is about Professor X making humans accepting of mutants (and vice versa)

Scott Summers is the squad leader or whatever. Logan leads jack s^*&. That has to be stated.

I love the Logan part!

#36 Posted by cattlebattle (12756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tigerstriper said:

@TheCannon:

X-Men: First Class (the way it should be done)

Roster:

The original team. Angel, Beast, Cyclops, Iceman, Marvel Girl

Pilot episode plot:

Part 1: Professor X gathers the X-Men one by one, and begins training them in the use of their powers. They all get a standard X-Men team uniform.

Part 2: Magneto attacks a United States military weapon facility, and threatens to launch missiles all over the Earth. It's up to the X-Men to stop him.

How you would adapt stories from the comics into the cartoon:

I wouldn't have the new team (Storm, Wolverine etc...) show up until season three. I'd leave the team the way it was in the comics during those stories.

I would love to see this, It being a modern retelling of the X-Mens early days when they were brash teenagers, there is several problems though....
 
Not having Storm or Wolverine show up for a long time would be a very hard pressed decision, as they are some of Marvels cash cows..I recall they weren't even considered for X-Men Evolution until they were forced into it by Marvel execs
 
Not having a minority X character is another big issue, also only having one woman. Darwin was a real second generation X-Man so he might have to join the original team at some point and be the updated 6th member
 
There aren't a whole lot of worthwhile villains that showed up in the X-Mens early days as the comic was almost canceled, if the show had 20 episode seasons you would have to use Magneto and Juggernaut over and over, they would have to repackage characters like Mekano  and El Tigre into a more legit villains 
 
Adapting the comics is a huge problem for all X-Men cartoons, as the X-Men 90's cartoon already pretty much adapted most of the important ones up until 96...They have to alter the story lines like the other alternative X-Men media.
#37 Posted by StormyWeather (747 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the ideas folks have thrown out there, i like cartoons loosely based on the comics, kind of like the Fox kids series from the 90s... I wouldn't mind seeing a Cartoon that features X-Men of the 80s and the x_fACTOR TEAMS... I think the show should start off with the teams splitting, and if I'm not mistaken, Psylocke was the last to join? or was it Dazzler? but the show's main focus i think should be the X-Men (Storm, Rogue, Colossus, Dazzler, Psylocke, Magneto) but occasionally showing X-Factor (Jean, Cyclops, Iceman, Beast, and Angel)

#38 Posted by TheCannon (18624 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting ideas, everyone.

#39 Posted by SupermanJohnathanKentJr (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@Black_Robin said:

@SupermanJohnathanKentJr said:

Dammit, you're lucky that I love threads like this anyway.

Roster:

The main cast from the 90s show minus Jean Grey

+ Emma Frost (Don't care for White Queen but someone needs to be in that psychic role)

+ Cable (but only occassionally, wouldn't want powerhouses making things too easy for the X-Men

Minus Jubilee (no kids needed)

+ Kitty Pryde

+Some of the newer X-Men, likely they would come later to the established X-Men (everyone I named above)

Plot:

Professor X is the leader and he never EVER goes missing, etc. The show would be about his vision slowly coming to fruition. And I mean that, over the years NOTICABLE changes to how the world accepts mutants are shown. The show would possibly have each season be like a year or so. Characters change and develop over the years. They come across main villains such as Mr. Sinister, Robert Kelly, Trask, Arcade and Magneto, with Magneto being the main villain for most of the series. But the important thing is again, this show is about Professor X making humans accepting of mutants (and vice versa)

Scott Summers is the squad leader or whatever. Logan leads jack s^*&. That has to be stated.

I love the Logan part!

Thank you. Thank you.

#40 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@papad1992 said:

@JediXMan said:

@papad1992 said:

@JediXMan said:

@papad1992:

I loved that moment. I actually started reading it not long after that, and now going back and reading what led to the attack makes the incident much more tragic. It's also why I love it. It goes from fun and care-free to throwing the students right into the "real world" and having to confront the dangers. They might be able to get away with that moment.

I agree with u on the comic book series being awesome but as for if it becoming a TV show, maybe they could make the buses burst into flowers!?

A little death isn't necessarily bad. It's a good juxtaposition for an overall light series that had the occasional dark moments.

I know Young Justice (the current young and a bit dark series) has it's moments but "a little death" to have some juxtaposition is a bit of an understatement!! Only 26 (I think) of the entire student body survived. And out of the rest of the students that weren't the "lucky ones" that got depowered... died. There were a couple of buses full of kids that exploded!! Some of these kids were favorites of the series prior to House of M and the Decimation! So one death is suitable, two deaths is understandable, three deaths is bad, and a couple of buses full of kids exploding is just plain horrible for a TV show for young viewers!! But who's to say that the series couldn't be about the beginning of the the series of how each student came and relationships were built and they formed into squads and went on little missions, etc...

One episode of Young Justice showed almost every iconic DC superhero since their inception being vaporized and becoming little more than dust. It wasn't even revealed until the end of the episode what was really happening, and the reveal was more disturbing than all the shocking things that came before it.

Not really u knew that was fake. There is simply no way so many famous dc characters would go down so quickly. Besides vaporization is actually more okay then a missle hitting the bus, no dead bodies. Still YJ did have Kent Nelson die and an allusion to Harm killing his sister. PLus some other possible but unconfirmed death.

#41 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@papad1992 said:

@JediXMan said:

@papad1992:

I think the major problem is that it shouldn't be for "younger viewers." I'm thinking the 12-13 and up crowd. It should be waited PG.

Or at least PG-13...

It would be PG14, the TV equivalent of PG-13.

The biggest hindering for comic cartoons is the notion that they must be kid-friendly. I don't see why this is a necessity.

Its about maximizing profits via toy sales. Honestly the best method is to do what Pixar usually does write the show in layers so it can be fun enough for kids but have enough depth and meat for the adults.

#42 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

My idea

First episode has the X-men moving to San Francisco. The roster has flash backs of the moments leading up to House of M.

The team must cope with the loss of some of the students and friends, (Kitty launched to space in bullet, Gambit goes MIA, Jean dies, Xavier allows Scott his turn to lead, Magneto goes into seclusion after his daughter is responsible for Decimation) and their home. Cyclops takes reigns of the team and decides to move them to a new home on the west coast. Some of the X-men decide this is their time to take a leave of absence. But just as soon as they settle in, Osborne and his Dark Avengers and Dark X-men decide it is time to "welcome" Cyclops and his X-men to San Francisco.

The main roster.

Cyclops (leader), Emma Frost, Wolverine, Colossus, Beast, Angel, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Cannonball and Rogue(no Marvel powers).

Recruits to the main team in first season:

Namor, Danger, Gambit, Magneto, Kitty

Adversaries:

Norman Osborn and his team of Dark Avengers and X-men, Magneto (later reforms and joins), Sinister, Sisterhood of Mutants, and Bastion.

#43 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

@Illuminatus said:

@papad1992 said:

@JediXMan said:

@papad1992 said:

@JediXMan said:

@papad1992:

I loved that moment. I actually started reading it not long after that, and now going back and reading what led to the attack makes the incident much more tragic. It's also why I love it. It goes from fun and care-free to throwing the students right into the "real world" and having to confront the dangers. They might be able to get away with that moment.

I agree with u on the comic book series being awesome but as for if it becoming a TV show, maybe they could make the buses burst into flowers!?

A little death isn't necessarily bad. It's a good juxtaposition for an overall light series that had the occasional dark moments.

I know Young Justice (the current young and a bit dark series) has it's moments but "a little death" to have some juxtaposition is a bit of an understatement!! Only 26 (I think) of the entire student body survived. And out of the rest of the students that weren't the "lucky ones" that got depowered... died. There were a couple of buses full of kids that exploded!! Some of these kids were favorites of the series prior to House of M and the Decimation! So one death is suitable, two deaths is understandable, three deaths is bad, and a couple of buses full of kids exploding is just plain horrible for a TV show for young viewers!! But who's to say that the series couldn't be about the beginning of the the series of how each student came and relationships were built and they formed into squads and went on little missions, etc...

One episode of Young Justice showed almost every iconic DC superhero since their inception being vaporized and becoming little more than dust. It wasn't even revealed until the end of the episode what was really happening, and the reveal was more disturbing than all the shocking things that came before it.

Not really u knew that was fake. There is simply no way so many famous dc characters would go down so quickly. Besides vaporization is actually more okay then a missle hitting the bus, no dead bodies. Still YJ did have Kent Nelson die and an allusion to Harm killing his sister. PLus some other possible but unconfirmed death.

Exactly!!

#44 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not the biggest fan of the Schism story arc, but it would make a pretty cool premise for a new X-Men cartoon since it hasn't been adapted before.

Roster: At least Wolverine, Cyclops, Hope, Emma, Rogue, Gambit, Angel, Psylocke, and Storm. Other characters would be featured in smaller roles.

Pilot episode plot: Wolverine is opening up a new school for mutants, while Cyclops is building the Mutant Nation in Utopia. A flashback shows the still united X-Men fighting Sentinels and Cyclops including mutant children in the battle, which angers Wolverine and prompts him to take about a half of the X-Men with him and become a leader to his own team of X-Men. Back in the present time, both Cyclops's and Wolverine's teams detect the sudden appearance of an immensely powerful mutant. This turns out to be a teeanger called Hope, whose mutant powers have just activated, and both Wolverine and Cyclops set out to recruit her.

The show would follow both Wolverine's school and Cyclops's team, both of who are trying to make the world a better place for mutants in their own way. The teams would meet, interact, and collide frequently while fighting common enemies & searching for new mutants.

Each episode would focus on one or two characters, so the show wouldn't be all about Cyclops and Wolverine. Scott and Logan would both try to be good leaders to their followers while dealing with their own personal demons (one of them being the loss of Jean). Emma would try to earn her place as both Scott's new love and a co-leader of Utopia, despite her past as a former member of the Hellfire Club. Rogue would try to learn to control her powers while teaching the kids to control theirs - and while maintaining a budding romance with Gambit. Psylocke and Angel would have a secret love affair despite being on different sides. Storm would be torn between Cyclops and Wolverine, hoping to reunite the X-Men one day.

A central story arc would follow Hope (here, a relatively normal teenager, whose life has been rather ordinary up to the sudden activation of her mutant gene) who is trying to get used to the idea of being possibly the strongest mutant the world has ever seen. She's also pursued by Wolverine - who wants her in his school so that she'll learn to control her powers in peace - and Cyclops - who wants to train her to become a future leader and protector to the mutantkind - and by a number of villains from Magneto to Senator Kelly and from the FOH to the Hellfire Club, all of who want to use her for their own gains.

In this adaptation, M-Day would have never happened, Jean would already be dead, and Charles Xavier would be missing (having left the X-Men after failing to help Jean).

#45 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

I like the idea, but you can never expect these accurate to the comics at all.

#46 Posted by TheCannon (18624 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#47 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4529 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: Roster looks great minus Rogue, rather see kitty Pryde. Do'nt like rogue at all she got to much 90's xmen cartoon time and was incorporated into too many xmen stories where colossus was supposed to be involved, Shiair/Phoenix etc... This resulted in her getting undeserved Big screen time in the Xmen movies but that was a fox thing. Yeah give me Kitty Pride!

#48 Posted by TheCannon (18624 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@TheCannon: Roster looks great minus Rogue, rather see kitty Pryde. Do'nt like rogue at all she got to much 90's xmen cartoon time and was incorporated into too many xmen stories where colossus was supposed to be involved, Shiair/Phoenix etc... This resulted in her getting undeserved Big screen time in the Xmen movies but that was a fox thing. Yeah give me Kitty Pride!

I was going to put Kitty on my roster, but I decided to go with Jean simply to do the Dark Phoenix Saga.

#49 Posted by Dman1366 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

what about a show based around the New Mutants series? They had a bunch of villains, they contiously got new members. Lots of drama. Lots of big Xmen cameos. Plus a lot of diversity.

#50 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366 said:

what about a show based around the New Mutants series? They had a bunch of villains, they contiously got new members. Lots of drama. Lots of big Xmen cameos. Plus a lot of diversity.

Wouldn't be a terrible idea, but the older X-Men have more appeal and prior exposure so it'd be easier to sell the idea.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.