Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

New X-book coming

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Interesting

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/01/07/g-willow-wilson-moves-x-men-new-x-book/

Exclusive Marvel writer and novelist G Willow Wilson confirmed to CBR that she’d only be on board the X-Men title for four issues, as she has other Marvel plans to take their place…

But then I move on to a brand new book that I can’t talk about except to say that if you like this particular X-Team, you will like the new book. And if you don’t like this particular X-Team, you will like the new book anyway.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earthsmightiest: maybe with emma frost leaving on magneto's motorcycle will lead to emma and erik reforming generation x......its about time!!!!!!!

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EC2277

@hopesummersforthefuture:

1) It's about time to bring back Jean and she doesn't bring back.

2) It's about time to see all the X-Men together like the family that they was and they are still divided.

3) It's about time to see again the heroes fight the villains and they still fight each others.

You can complete the list of "It's about time to…" in the way that you prefere.

Do you think that's about time to reforming Generation-X?

Then they will not reforming Generation-X.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earthsmightiest: maybe with emma frost leaving on magneto's motorcycle will lead to emma and erik reforming generation x......its about time!!!!!!!

Why in the world why they would reform that team?? That team existed as a second generation team like the New Mutants.....which has since been supplanted by younger mutants. Also, half that team is gone anyways. Characters like Franklin Richards and M have moved on to better things, Banshee, Skin and Synch are dead, Penance has been ruined, Jubilee is an X-Man, who knows where Artie and Leech are.

There is no reason to reform that team other than pointless nostalgia.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I think Hopesummerforthefuture meant to reform a team of young X-Men lead by Emma and Magneto, exactly like Generation-X was a team of young mutant lead by Emma and Banshee.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EarthsMightiest
    No Caption Provided

Mutant X will rise again!!!

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

@cattlebattle: I think Hopesummerforthefuture meant to reform a team of young X-Men lead by Emma and Magneto, exactly like Generation-X was a team of young mutant lead by Emma and Banshee.

yes exactly, thank you!!!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't trust......been hurt before

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Don't trust......been hurt before

Who me????? *ask innocently* LOL

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It is probably going to be the Teen Jean solo nobody asked for...

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cattlebattle

@ec2277 said:

It says.....in plain english,"will lead to emma and erik reforming generation x......its about time!!!!!!!"How in the world could anyone know that was meant to be taken any other way than what it literally says??

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EC2277

@awesomeperson said:

It is probably going to be the Teen Jean solo nobody asked for...

All New X-Factor is going to end and Wilson has talked about a team, not about a solo. So I think this new x-book will be a substitute All New X-Factor, not the chimeric Tean Jean solo.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ec2277: I didn't read the whole thing so...

Thanks

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tyger
    No Caption Provided

Pikachunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please have it involve the X-kids. I miss the New X-Men.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By HAWK2916

I thought it would be good to have her write a New Xmen type book focusing on the Academy X kids. It could conceivably be called Generation X as sort of a homage to the old book but just in a new volume. Considering her writing in Ms.Marvel dealing with a younger person this could be right up her alley as far as writing. Also her alluding to a future project that would be satisfying for fans of the 5 characters in Xmen coupled with the similarities in personality that certain characters in New Xmen had/have to these five and the proximity being at the school and all...... Maybe its a reach, but I'd love to see it for sure.

More than likely I would think though its Xmen 92 or whatever is supposed to happen in Secret Wars.

The possibility of a new sort of Generation X cant be discounted, though I saw nothing in the actual interview where she suggested this. So basically this is speculation by bleedingcool. That said, a team consisting of Monet, Chamber, Husk, Jubilee, Emma Frost and maybe from the Phil Noto covers, Magneto or the resurrected Banshee or his daughter Siryn .... would not be a bad thing. Especially if they decided in someway to combine the Xfactor premise of a corporation with, recruiting and educating premise of the Xmen, along with the clandestine operations of the Hellfire Club (which Emma was apart of) that could make for an interesting book.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mutant X is a great title for a book. Mutant metaphor outside of X-men is something that was never well-developed.

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a feeling it is just going to be a relaunch of the current title with possible an adjusted line-up. WW will try to make the cast as diverse as possible and possibly include a few males. Just my thoughts though. I wonder if it will wait until the refresh?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.