Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

new extinction team

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cresShadow

one thing I liked about the X-men in recent years was that the mutant race needed a team of heroes powerful enough to take on any threat and face the world for what it is rather than what they hope it to be. If you were to recreate cyclops' team of X-men, who would you put on the team? here's mine

No Caption Provided
    darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

every one becomes redundant when when put beside malloy. though we don't really know how powerful he is. waiting for the next uncanny issue is killing me! grrrr!

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah, cut Malloy, probably replace him with Magik for teleportation and mystical ability....he certainly has the level of power required to take on whatever threat would come around, but honestly he would be just like having The Sentry on a team.

He is either so powerful that he has to be manipulated, be not present, or have some kind of mental issue to prevent him from just instantly taking care of the threat and rendering the rest of the team obsolete. Then the story inevitably reduces to "our super-god-level team member is going nuts, and now we have to stop him

Honestly, I feel the first version of the extinction team was pretty on the money...and every time I try to come up with a new one I keep having repeat members come up.

Scotts the natural leader

Emma brings the telepathic skill-set, and basically comes as part of a set with Scott...but if I were to sub her out it would be for Rachael. (having both would be ideal imo)

Magik is just a natural fit since she is one of the few X-men with mystical knowledge and skill...plus mass teleportation

Danger was perfect for the resident team science person, and I did love her moment against Sinister ("welcome to the danger room"). If I had to switch her out though, Dr. Nemesis seems like the perfect choice. Perhaps Hijack

Hope annoyed me...switch her out easily for Tempus.

having Magneto and Storm on the same team was great imo...one representing and encouraging the more extreme action, while Storm as before sort of becomes the teams moral guide, making sure they don't go to far.

Last member really has to be someone with just raw power....Piotr with the Juggernauts power was perfect for this, but without it I feel he just doesn't bring the required level of muscle. Namor would be a viable option, but again, im trying to use as few repeat characters as possible. Not sure who to put here

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought I was pushing it with matthew but now I've heard he will be recruited by cyclops soon

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Viperians

Why Malloy? He seriously need a uniform lol

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik

Rachel

Banshee(siryn-morrigan)

strong guy

Megan

Wolvie

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just me, or there's a huge hint that Cyclops is going to kill Malloy?

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shatterstar, Adam X, Psylocke, Sage, Domino.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

My Extinction team is somewhat similar to @darthphoenix in that I included Rachel and Siryn. I mean having a team with a Phoenix host and a goddess of war and death would be formidable to say the least. Of course Storm and Colossus fit well but if I'm trying to replace them then I have to go with Magma and Frenzy. I'd through Warpath in the mix as well and of course keep the sorceress supreme. Polaris can take Mags spot

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.