Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

New Creative Teams For Uncanny, Extraordinary, All-New X-Men

• 123 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/29/cullen-bunn-and-greg-land-relaunch-uncanny-x-men-marveloctober/

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/29/jeff-lemire-and-humberto-ramos-launch-extraordinary-x-men-as-old-man-logan-joins-marveloctober/

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/29/dennis-hopeless-and-mark-bagley-relaunch-all-new-x-men-marveloctober/

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/29/jeff-lemire-and-andrea-sorrentino-relaunch-old-man-logan-1-for-marveloctober/

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/29/tom-taylor-and-david-lopez-on-the-new-female-wolverine-for-marveloctober/

To be released in October:

Uncanny X-Men

Writer - Cullen Bunn

Artist - Greg Land(ugh)

Roster - Magneto, Sabretooth, Mystique, Psylocke, and Fantomex

Extraordinary X-Men

Writer - Jeff Lemire

Artist - Humberto Ramos

Roster - Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm, Magik, Iceman(adult), Old Man Logan, and Jean Grey(teen)

All-New X-Men

Writer - Dennis Hopeless

Artist - Mark Bagley

Roster - young Beast, Cyclops, X-23/Wolverine, Iceman(teen), Archangel(?)

Old Man Logan

Writer - Jeff Lemire

Artist - Andrea Sorrentino

X-23

Writer - Tom Taylor

Artist - David Lopez

Deadpool

Writer- Gerry Duggan

Artist - Mike Hawthorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the line-ups, but I'm horrified that Greg Land and Humberto Ramos are the new flagship X-Men artists.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Koays

Oh look guys Greg Land is back....is this punishment for saying that we couldn't tell Emma from the Cuckoo's and Magik? Because we're sorry.

Someone wanna tell Marvel they got Uncanny X-Force mixed with Uncanny X-Men.. I'm also seeing a lack of Rachel Grey, Cyclops and Jubilee... Sad face.

But yay for Bunn! His Sinestro and Magneto have made me loyal, (last weeks aquaman, not so much but still) this guy is a genius at new directions. Hopeless I'm fine with, and Lemire I can't remember.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EarthsMightiest

Uncanny X-men aka Brotherhood of Evil Mutants Reunion!

Sorry not of these lineups blow me away, I get Extraordinary but Uncanny on fence and All New is all blah.....

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westfriesianman: From what i hear about him, anything he can get from Magik Mike will work.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

And poor Rachel gets shunted off to the side... again. *sigh*

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@westfriesianman: From what i hear about him, anything he can get from Magik Mike will work.

With Channing Tatum as Magneto and Sabertooth and Fantomax

Mystique will without a doubt be his favorite character....he can just click "I'm feeling lucky" on google and go from there.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im hooked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wrap my head around the Uncanny team; what on earth would bring these characters together? I can understand Psylocke, Sabretooth(Axis changed him), and Magneto, but didn't Fantomex go crazy and try to kill X-Force in Spurrier's run?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

I can't wrap my head around the Uncanny team; what on earth would bring these characters together? I can understand Psylocke, Sabretooth(Axis changed him), and Magneto, but didn't Fantomex go crazy and try to kill X-Force in Spurrier's run?

Maybe it's Cluster....i'd like it to be Cluster...she was cool. But really can we get Polaris or Rogue on that team? or Rachel? Please get Rachel?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

Lemire and Sorrentino together again?

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
    @sprior93 said:

Maybe it's Cluster....i'd like it to be Cluster...she was cool. But really can we get Polaris or Rogue on that team? or Rachel? Please get Rachel?

Polaris and Rogue would be great. Gambit would work well too; his past with Sabretooth would create some interesting tension, but I guess we're getting that with Psylocke. Also, where is adult Cyclops?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:
    @koays said:
    @sprior93 said:

Polaris and Rogue would be great. Gambit would work well too; his past with Sabretooth would create some interesting tension, but I guess we're getting that with Psylocke. Also, where is adult Cyclops?

Idk if he's on the All New squad since it doesnt say specifically but....smfh, this is good on the creative side but it's missing alot of the things i was personally enjoying (Rachel, Jubilee's baby mama drama, Cyclops, the Cuckoo's).... It's what i've said since everyone started with the whole "Bendis must leave" thing, if he left early it would set off a complete reshuffle and we'd lose some of the good stuff that marvel might not think is important instead of building on what was actually working.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cattlebattle  Online
    @koays said:

Holyspit....@cattlebattle WAS RIGHT!!!

Well, I don't remember saying that.....but I'll take it.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

How is Bleeding Cool getting all of this information?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:
    @koays said:

Holyspit....@cattlebattle WAS RIGHT!!!

Well, I don't remember saying that.....but I'll take it.

I believe you mentioned Marvel combining the X-Men with other properties.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

From Marvel:

" Dear Xmen fans..... F&#K You!!!"

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@koays said:
    1. Oh look guys Greg Land is back....is this punishment for saying that we couldn't tell Emma from the Cuckoo's and Magik? Because we're sorry.
    2. Someone wanna tell Marvel they got Uncanny X-Force mixed with Uncanny X-Men.. I'm also seeing a lack of Rachel Grey, Cyclops and Jubilee... Sad face.
    3. But yay for Bunn! His Sinestro and Magneto have made me loyal, (last weeks aquaman, not so much but still) this guy is a genius at new directions. Hopeless I'm fine with, and Lemire I can't remember.

1. I'm not really thrilled about any of these choices for the art, to be honest.

Normally I'd agree with you about Land, but after seeing his recent work in previews of FUTURE IMPERFECT #2, he actually might be the one that interests me the most from this lot. If his previews look as good for this new book as they looked there, I'll give it a chance.

2. I kind of like Magneto feeling entitled to call his team the X-men though, unlike various incarnations of X-force that try to distance themselves from the X-men. Something just works about it for me..

Disappointed but not really surprised to not see Rachel or Jubilee; more surprised not to see Cyclops or Emma. Also no Kitty, which is never good.

3. yeah, looks like Bunn's getting the flagship off the acclaim of his Magneto series. Makes sense, since it seems to have been one of the only books X-fans agreed on in recent years.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colossus is back where he belongs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colossus is back where he belongs.

Yup, this is what I'm most excited about(he's my favorite). I hope they patch up his relationship with Illyana; the estranged brother/sister dynamic is getting a little old.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: @koays: The article just got updated; it's not Gambit, just a new character that looks identical to him. /shrug

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
    1. Oh look guys Greg Land is back....is this punishment for saying that we couldn't tell Emma from the Cuckoo's and Magik? Because we're sorry.
    2. Someone wanna tell Marvel they got Uncanny X-Force mixed with Uncanny X-Men.. I'm also seeing a lack of Rachel Grey, Cyclops and Jubilee... Sad face.
    3. But yay for Bunn! His Sinestro and Magneto have made me loyal, (last weeks aquaman, not so much but still) this guy is a genius at new directions. Hopeless I'm fine with, and Lemire I can't remember.

1. I'm not really thrilled about any of these choices for the art, to be honest.

Normally I'd agree with you about Land, but after seeing his recent work in previews of FUTURE IMPERFECT #2, he actually might be the one that interests me the most from this lot. If his previews look as good for this new book as they looked there, I'll give it a chance.

2. I kind of like Magneto feeling entitled to call his team the X-men though, unlike various incarnations of X-force that try to distance themselves from the X-men. Something just works about it for me..

Disappointed but not really surprised to not see Rachel or Jubilee; more surprised not to see Cyclops or Emma. Also no Kitty, which is never good.

3. yeah, looks like Bunn's getting the flagship off the acclaim of his Magneto series. Makes sense, since it seems to have been one of the only books X-fans agreed on in recent years.

.1. See my thing is that i was never really bothered by Land...even during Fraction's run...as weird as it could get (dominatix pose anyone?) the glamour look he gave them had moments when it really fit with the tone of the book and it mad the run easily identifiable. But even still I don't think anyone can be happy seeing him coming to work on a franchise...

For what looks like a darker series, he may do better with a similar style to what was in the Future Imperfect book (i think he also does better with dark colors)....but Land trying to keep a regular schedule doesn't fill me with confidence...though it's still way too early to do anything accept hope for Bachallo's return.

2. You know when I read that it was Magneto leading an Uncanny team without any major X-Men members my first thought was that it was fitting. But it's really the absence of any of the actual 616 X-Men from any book accept "Extraordinary" (I can already see that being a problem to type in post) that kind of damages the perception since there's no standard X-Men faction to compare this too.

What X-Men we do have are the same JGS ones without much going for them, but I suppose they can still try to squeeze some drama out of Teen Jean. Idk what they'd do with Old Man Logan, but it will be interesting to see them try to use him and Jean to reinvigorate this particular squad. Rachel getting replaced with Teen Jean hurts me almost as badly as Kitty marrying Starlord, but it's mostly because the XX-Men squad was just more interesting then the JGS's regular team had been since AvX. I'm all for making this group relevant, but they still picked the least interesting line up to build on.

3. I really think that Bunn, Magneto, and that team of X-Men is really the best combination we've seen on X-Men in terms of getting the fans happy(minus Land). But the other books have hurdles to overcome that make me nervous since they're the same ones they couldn't overcome before..

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Koays

@sprior93 said:

@cattlebattle: @koays: The article just got updated; it's not Gambit, just a new character that looks identical to him. /shrug

Praise Claremont!.........Kitty's still with the Gaurdians though, so we'll have to throw something at he who Bend's Us things to his will.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed, that's some really nice art.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@sprior93 said:

That is a close call.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue will be featured in Uncanny Avengers by Gerry Duggan and Ryan Stegman.

Roster - Human Torch, Rogue, Deadpool, Spider-Man, Quicksilver, Brother Voodoo and more.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

No Emma and Scott . Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah. Marvel finally focusing on someone esle, about time.

Here what I think ;

Uncanny X-Men

Writer - Cullen Bunn

Artist - Greg Land(ugh)

Magneto leader of an X-Men team, that's great news. Just what I wanted to see. Not sure about Sabretooth and Mystique. Could be interesting, Love the fact that Psylocke in Uncanny X-Men. Why Fantomex ? Cullen Bunn will deliver a good series. X-Men fans should prepare themselves, for some great Psylocke and Mystique images.

Extraordinary X-Men

Writer - Jeff Lemire

Artist - Humberto Ramos

Roster - Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm, Magik, Iceman(adult), Old Man Logan, and Jean Grey(teen)

Great line-up. I think Storm will be leader of the team. I wish it had the real Wolverine. Very disappointed that Humberto Ramos is the artists. Can't stand his art.

All-New X-Men

Writer - Dennis Hopeless

Artist - Mark Bagley

Roster - young Beast, Cyclops, X-23/Wolverine, Iceman(teen), Archangel(?)

Suprised this series is still going. Not sure how I feel about it.

Old Man Logan

Writer - Jeff Lemire

Artist - Andrea Sorrentino

Marvel sticking with old man Logan, ok.

X-23

Writer - Tom Taylor

Artist - David Lopez

X-23 gets another series, great news.

My concerns :

No Jubilee, no X-ladies series, very disappointing.

Rogue still with the Avengers, very disappointing

No Gambit again

No Cable or Hope, or Domino or Boom Boom for that matter.

No news of any other X-Men teams like the X-Force.

No news about the other students.

@sprior93 said:

Rogue will be featured in Uncanny Avengers by Gerry Duggan and Ryan Stegman.

Roster - Human Torch, Rogue, Deadpool, Spider-Man, Quicksilver, Brother Voodoo and more.

Where did you hear this news,

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By time1

@hawk2916 said:

From Marvel:

" Dear Xmen fans..... F&#K You!!!"

U don't like the teams.

Here is a picture of Extraordinary X-Men

No Caption Provided

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rodrigomonsalv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im the only one who dont like old man logan? It is like stupid there are pure young people and he isnt like profesor X

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By adamTRMM

This Uncanny X-Men team is so chaotic I can't still understand how I feel about it.... But dam, Fanta and Land?

All of these artist are like the leftovers, or that's just me feeling to be conspired against?

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

All New I would get...

Extraordinary... Seeing reviews First

Uncanny... May buy the first issue and see...

Where is Emma???

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lemire just did interview with CBR and says after SW occurs many of big names like Cyclops have vanished due to an Inhuman event. I would link but on mobile.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Rickbarry

Bearded Colossus? Fancy.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@time: No. What is Fantomex still doing on a team? Why do we still need two Icemen? Whybare the O5 still here and going Woodstock hippieville with the canper? Where is everyone like the New Mutants, Generation X, Academy X kids, Cyclops, Rogue, Emma, Gambit, Rachel Grey? Why is Sabretooth being pushed now?

Just ridiculous

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

This all sounds so...bad? I'm actually really interested in Bunn's Uncanny X-Men, but I refuse to display anything of Greg Land's on my comics shelf because that's embarrassing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Nevermind, images of the cover and page 1 art have sort of given me some strange hope for the Extra X-Men's improvement over previous things with the team.

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Those aren't bad, but I'm cautious to see him penciling Psylocke and Mystique climaxing while in battle.

@sprior93 said:

@selina_sublime: Land's art has improved quite a bit.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those aren't bad, but I'm cautious to see him penciling Psylocke and Mystique climaxing while in battle.

@sprior93 said:

@selina_sublime: Land's art has improved quite a bit.

Greg Land's O-Face is legendary

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I know it's terrible, but I still like his ridiculous faces because of how much they make me laugh.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: Lol hey stylistically he works in some areas....in others not so much.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: you should have included his Storm standing out in the rain.......... She was enjoying it a bit too much..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.