Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Necrosha X such a underrated story arc? What do you think?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poisonfleur

Most of us don't have time to read everything ( I just recently came across my radar), but Necrosha X is a very good story arc. I don't understand how underrated it seems. The same goes for the Black Queen. She should be soo huge as an X-villian or rival. That arc reminded me a little bit of Queen of the Damned. I was very impress.

What are your thoughts on this arc?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

I didn't care for it at all. And the ending was anti-climactic to say the least.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By AgeofHurricane

They vehemently refused to use this as an opportunity to bring back Laurie Collins.

Pass.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

It could have been way better. This could have been a good excuse to bring back certain characters for good or to have an unexpected ending. Instead it seemed like every other type of story arc of this type.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By John Valentine

With such a lead up to it, it was pretty damn anti-climatic.

Barring Messiah War, it was the worst part of that run. It's a shame Second Coming fed on the awesome storylines X-Force had set up.

Target_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Target_X

@Mercy_ said:

I didn't care for it at all. And the ending was anti-climactic to say the least.

Pretty much this. I liked some of the build-up and stuff, but the ending of it was bland.

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Blacharrt1

i loved necrosha, it brought back Doug, gave Warpath a more important role, brought back Blink although i don't really care for 616 Blink. It also Highlighted Wolverine's and Laurie struggles with their relationships, and you got to see a lot of dead characters come back.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By judasnixon

I liked because it killed off wither, and onyx. Why do the X-Men has two giant rock characters? That is just some redundant bull s...! Other than that the story was OK. Not the best, but at least it wasn't the story arc about Nightcrawler being half demon.

dead
    dead
    dead 
    dead 
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By John Valentine

@judasnixon said:

I liked because it killed off wither, and onyx. Why do the X-Men has two giant rock characters? That is just some redundant bull s...! Other than that the story was OK. Not the best, but at least it wasn't the story arc about Nightcrawler being half demon.
    dead
    dead
    dead
    dead

Onxy was always a lamer version of Rockslide.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#11  Edited By akbogert

Honestly, the conclusion just felt way too deus ex machina for me. Some might say Chekhov's gun -- because the stuff with Ghost Rider way earlier in X-Force seemed quite pointless at the time -- but either way, there was more or less no tension. I actually really liked Selene, but she powered up too quickly and then had to be stopped instantly before defeating her became implausible. Perhaps had the arc been longer and its resolution better-paced, I'd have appreciated it a bit more.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By danhimself

It could have been a heck of a lot better especially since it was what all of Kyle and Yost's previous x-stories had been leading up to.... I mean they were leading up to it back in New X-men

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By kiss_lamia

yeah the ending ruined the story it was very rushed due to them wanting to get the second coming arc out, and they totally took Selene's goddess moment and it was annoying its lasted for what 5 mins then cablooey :(

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Thunderscream

@poisonfleur: The art is gorgeous, that's what sold it for me.

The problem was, for people reading both DC and Marvel books, this came out around the same time as Blackest Night...resurrected, zombified heroes popping up in both lead to a lot of redundancies and some head scratching as to why they'd come out with such similar plots (I know Blackest Night was on a larger scale, but still).

It was also kind of chaotic storytelling. I've just been flipping through some of my back issues and noticed some inconsistencies here and there, just too much going on....with Selene's ascension to godhood almost getting forgotten about and just resolved in a couple of pages at the end....like, "Oh yeah, this greedy witch is why we came here."

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.