Name 5 mutants that can take on the Phoenix 5

  • 59 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by aerokinesis (529 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1. Any mutant

Round 2. No omega level mutants

Make your case as to why your 5 would defeat the phoenix 5 if possible.

#2 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7268 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Wolverine

2. Wolverine

3. Wolverine

4. Wolverine

5. Wolverine

Because he's Wolverine, and he's the best there is at what he does.

#3 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

1. Wolverine

2. Wolverine

3. Wolverine

4. Wolverine

5. Wolverine

Because he's Wolverine, and he's the best there is at what he does.

Marvel will probably make it so that he does end up beating them, it's not even funny.

On topic I don't think there's any mutant individually that could beat them unless Hope can copy the phoenix power. Wanda might have a shot but I heard she wasn't as powerful as she used to be.

#4 Posted by XsPectre28 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

1- Rachel Summers- even thou she lost her link to the force she is one of the longest wielders of the force so she has to know some secrets about the force that have yet to be revieled

2- Legion- with as many powers as he has there is really not much else to say on why he would be able to stand up to the PF5

3- Franklin Richards- Another Omega level mutant but also has Celestial Potential so definitely

4- Exodus- another extremely powerful mutant with vast psionic power

5- Scarlet Witch- but i dont think her power along could stand up to the PF5 but combined with everyone else definitly because the TRUE depths of her current powers are still unconfirmed

#5 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Surely its a bit too soon to start debating about a power set we have very little knowledge of

#6 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@XsPectre28 said:

1- Rachel Summers- even thou she lost her link to the force she is one of the longest wielders of the force so she has to know some secrets about the force that have yet to be revieled

2- Legion- with as many powers as he has there is really not much else to say on why he would be able to stand up to the PF5

3- Franklin Richards- Another Omega level mutant but also has Celestial Potential so definitely

4- Exodus- another extremely powerful mutant with vast psionic power

5- Scarlet Witch- but i dont think her power along could stand up to the PF5 but combined with everyone else definitly because the TRUE depths of her current powers are still unconfirmed

This is a good list but in terms of AvX if they were to have a division to fight the P5 I'd replace Franklin with wolverine due to his familiarity

#7 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin Richards.   
Mad Jim Jaspers.
 
That's it. 

#8 Posted by Skaddix (3112 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin, Mad Jim, Legion, Exodus and Darwin.

#9 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see Scarlet Witch and Hope team up rather than fight.

#10 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

1. Wolverine

2. Wolverine

3. Wolverine

4. Wolverine

5. Wolverine

Because he's Wolverine, and he's the best there is at what he does.

Marvel will probably make it so that he does end up beating them, it's not even funny.

On topic I don't think there's any mutant individually that could beat them unless Hope can copy the phoenix power. Wanda might have a shot but I heard she wasn't as powerful as she used to be.

Don't forget Marvel's other poster child(though not a mutant)...

1. Spider-Man

2. Spider-Man

3. Spider-Man

4. Spider-Man

5. Spider-Man

...With him winning by some unexplained super-science tech that SO HAPPENS to be useful at a specific time and space or by some ungodly level of luck.

But in all seriousness,

1. Legion - Crazy amount of powers, with all of his personalities.

2. Proteus - I suppose only Colossus of the Phoenix 5 can take him out, but else if...

3. Psi-lord (Franky Richards) - Vast amount of Psionic powers + Celestial Potential.

4. Scarlet Witch and 5. Hope - Mainly because this is THEIR event.

#11 Edited by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomchu said:

@Osian2 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

1. Wolverine

2. Wolverine

3. Wolverine

4. Wolverine

5. Wolverine

Because he's Wolverine, and he's the best there is at what he does.

Marvel will probably make it so that he does end up beating them, it's not even funny.

On topic I don't think there's any mutant individually that could beat them unless Hope can copy the phoenix power. Wanda might have a shot but I heard she wasn't as powerful as she used to be.

Don't forget Marvel's other poster child(though not a mutant)...

1. Spider-Man

2. Spider-Man

3. Spider-Man

4. Spider-Man

5. Spider-Man

...With him winning by some unexplained super-science tech that SO HAPPENS to be useful at a specific time and space or by some ungodly level of luck.

But in all seriousness,

1. Legion - Crazy amount of powers, with all of his personalities.

2. Proteus - I suppose only Colossus of the Phoenix 5 can take him out, but else if...

3. Psi-lord (Franky Richards) - Vast amount of Psionic powers + Celestial Potential.

4. Scarlet Witch and 5. Hope - Mainly because this is THEIR event.

The sad thing is that issue #9 will actually focus on Spider-man (someone who has never had any connection to the phoenix in any way ever!) and it's been said that this event will have a big effect on him.

Why is it in every event Spider-man and Wolverine always play a big part? What about using some other characters like the FF, the inhumans, Ghost Rider and Doctor Strange.

Wolverine and Spider-man are definitely the poster children of Marvel. Just look at the ultimate universe, both peter and Logan died so some kid just happened to get spider powers and Logan just happened to have a son who had exactly the same powers. Convenient?

#12 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7268 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2 said:

@tomchu said:

@Osian2 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

1. Wolverine

2. Wolverine

3. Wolverine

4. Wolverine

5. Wolverine

Because he's Wolverine, and he's the best there is at what he does.

Marvel will probably make it so that he does end up beating them, it's not even funny.

On topic I don't think there's any mutant individually that could beat them unless Hope can copy the phoenix power. Wanda might have a shot but I heard she wasn't as powerful as she used to be.

Don't forget Marvel's other poster child(though not a mutant)...

1. Spider-Man

2. Spider-Man

3. Spider-Man

4. Spider-Man

5. Spider-Man

...With him winning by some unexplained super-science tech that SO HAPPENS to be useful at a specific time and space or by some ungodly level of luck.

But in all seriousness,

1. Legion - Crazy amount of powers, with all of his personalities.

2. Proteus - I suppose only Colossus of the Phoenix 5 can take him out, but else if...

3. Psi-lord (Franky Richards) - Vast amount of Psionic powers + Celestial Potential.

4. Scarlet Witch and 5. Hope - Mainly because this is THEIR event.

The sad thing is that issue #9 will actually focus on Spider-man (someone who has never had any connection to the phoenix in any way ever!) and it's been said that this event will have a big effect on him.

Why is it in every event Spider-man and Wolverine always play a big part? What about using some other characters like the FF, the inhumans, Ghost Rider and Doctor Strange.

I'm still more or less laughing at that as we speak, trust Marvel to find away to make Spiderman somehow relevant in yet ANOTHER event. LOL, it's actually quite ludicrous.

#13 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: I just don't get how this event will affect him, he's not a mutant, yes he's an avenger but he's famous as a solo hero and after this whole event he's just going to go back to NY so how will it have more of an effect on him than the other heroes like the Thing and Warmachine?

#14 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7268 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2 said:

@AgeofHurricane: I just don't get how this event will affect him, he's not a mutant, yes he's an avenger but he's famous as a solo hero and after this whole event he's just going to go back to NY so how will it have more of an effect on him than the other heroes like the Thing and Warmachine?

These are questions that haunt me.

#15 Posted by Dman1366 (547 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2: what is the source for this info?

#16 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

According to cable. spider-man goes down as the greatest hero of all time in the future.

#17 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin Richards, Legion, Squirrel Girl, Darwin, Proteus

#18 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366:The description for issue #9 is

"Their numbers dwindling, the Avengers stage a daring raid on the X-Men's prison to rescue their captive members-and you won't believe where it is! • Alliances begin to change as the nature of the Phoenix becomes apparent! • And in the end, it all comes down to Spider-Man!"

I can't remember where I read it but it was stated in an interview that AVX will have a noticeable effect on Spider-man.

#19 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto

Rachel

Hope

Scarlet Witch

Wolverine

#20 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18828 posts) - - Show Bio

We all know Squirrel Girl can handle them all by herself :P lmao

#21 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraclefyre  i hope the scarlet witch doesnt sacrifice her life to save hope summer because marvel is writing her(scarlet witch) into a corner....plus she has no stories left except for sacrificing her life for the greater good 
 
my pics are 1.spiderman 
                    2.captain america 
                   3.wolverine 
                   4.scarlet witch 
                   5.hope summers
#22 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

Squirrel Girl

Darwin

Iceman

Wolverine

Legion

#23 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeph Leob can kill anything! Especially comics . . .

#24 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2 said:

@Dman1366:The description for issue #9 is

"Their numbers dwindling, the Avengers stage a daring raid on the X-Men's prison to rescue their captive members-and you won't believe where it is! • Alliances begin to change as the nature of the Phoenix becomes apparent! • And in the end, it all comes down to Spider-Man!"

I can't remember where I read it but it was stated in an interview that AVX will have a noticeable effect on Spider-man.

Nowadays, "notable effect" means dying.

#25 Posted by MarvelGrey (243 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Omegas weren't allowed.

1. Magneto

2. Doctor Doom even though he isn't a mutant he's smarter than Magneto and is possibly the greatest threat outside of cosmic beings. Does he still have the powers from Children's Crusade?

3. And Hulk because he can crack Onslaught's armor. Honestly how the hell does Onslaught even let that punk touch him but he sends Juggs all the way to New Jersey. Not to mention that WWH nonsense.

#26 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightcrawler23 said:

@Osian2 said:

@Dman1366:The description for issue #9 is

"Their numbers dwindling, the Avengers stage a daring raid on the X-Men's prison to rescue their captive members-and you won't believe where it is! • Alliances begin to change as the nature of the Phoenix becomes apparent! • And in the end, it all comes down to Spider-Man!"

I can't remember where I read it but it was stated in an interview that AVX will have a noticeable effect on Spider-man.

Nowadays, "notable effect" means dying.

I doubt they'll kill him this event is supposed to affect him in his solo series. Even if he did die Marvel would make so that his long lost twin brother Parker Peterson turned up and gained spider powers.

#27 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Osian2 said:

@tomchu said:

@Osian2 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

1. Wolverine

2. Wolverine

3. Wolverine

4. Wolverine

5. Wolverine

Because he's Wolverine, and he's the best there is at what he does.

Marvel will probably make it so that he does end up beating them, it's not even funny.

On topic I don't think there's any mutant individually that could beat them unless Hope can copy the phoenix power. Wanda might have a shot but I heard she wasn't as powerful as she used to be.

Don't forget Marvel's other poster child(though not a mutant)...

1. Spider-Man

2. Spider-Man

3. Spider-Man

4. Spider-Man

5. Spider-Man

...With him winning by some unexplained super-science tech that SO HAPPENS to be useful at a specific time and space or by some ungodly level of luck.

But in all seriousness,

1. Legion - Crazy amount of powers, with all of his personalities.

2. Proteus - I suppose only Colossus of the Phoenix 5 can take him out, but else if...

3. Psi-lord (Franky Richards) - Vast amount of Psionic powers + Celestial Potential.

4. Scarlet Witch and 5. Hope - Mainly because this is THEIR event.

The sad thing is that issue #9 will actually focus on Spider-man (someone who has never had any connection to the phoenix in any way ever!) and it's been said that this event will have a big effect on him.

Why is it in every event Spider-man and Wolverine always play a big part? What about using some other characters like the FF, the inhumans, Ghost Rider and Doctor Strange.

I'm still more or less laughing at that as we speak, trust Marvel to find away to make Spiderman somehow relevant in yet ANOTHER event. LOL, it's actually quite ludicrous.

Great example, Spider-Man had little relevance to Shadowland, Wolverine isn't even street level.

#28 Posted by dullahan (7 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Magneto( proven himself countless times that he can stomp both phoenix(jean grey) and the x-men back in the old days and he can do it again anytime)

2.Storm( Her immense weather power left untapped proves to overwhelm many of the before / after phoenix members, even hurt phoenix before but nevertheless she got beaten by the whole phoenix , now that phoenix energy and vitality has split into the Phoenix-5 , she pretty much have a chance against them without hesitation of course.)

3. Pixie( Chinoth* (teleport) them to random detrimental places and battering their bodies)

4.Northstar( pre-occupied with solemnisation but he could take them on anytime because his of his speed and durability)

5.Wanda (obviously because she has reality-altering manipulative powers )

#29 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomchu said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Osian2 said:

@tomchu said:

@Osian2 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

1. Wolverine

2. Wolverine

3. Wolverine

4. Wolverine

5. Wolverine

Because he's Wolverine, and he's the best there is at what he does.

Marvel will probably make it so that he does end up beating them, it's not even funny.

On topic I don't think there's any mutant individually that could beat them unless Hope can copy the phoenix power. Wanda might have a shot but I heard she wasn't as powerful as she used to be.

Don't forget Marvel's other poster child(though not a mutant)...

1. Spider-Man

2. Spider-Man

3. Spider-Man

4. Spider-Man

5. Spider-Man

...With him winning by some unexplained super-science tech that SO HAPPENS to be useful at a specific time and space or by some ungodly level of luck.

But in all seriousness,

1. Legion - Crazy amount of powers, with all of his personalities.

2. Proteus - I suppose only Colossus of the Phoenix 5 can take him out, but else if...

3. Psi-lord (Franky Richards) - Vast amount of Psionic powers + Celestial Potential.

4. Scarlet Witch and 5. Hope - Mainly because this is THEIR event.

The sad thing is that issue #9 will actually focus on Spider-man (someone who has never had any connection to the phoenix in any way ever!) and it's been said that this event will have a big effect on him.

Why is it in every event Spider-man and Wolverine always play a big part? What about using some other characters like the FF, the inhumans, Ghost Rider and Doctor Strange.

I'm still more or less laughing at that as we speak, trust Marvel to find away to make Spiderman somehow relevant in yet ANOTHER event. LOL, it's actually quite ludicrous.

Great example, Spider-Man had little relevance to Shadowland, Wolverine isn't even street level.

Yet he was still a part of it and Shadowland wasn't really a big event anyway. Just look at events like Secret Invasion and Fear itself Wolverine leaves the x-men to play a bigger role

#30 Posted by jhazzroucher (15234 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Ororo Munroe aka Storm

2. Magneto

3. Apocalypse

4. Jamie Braddock

5. Dazzler

#31 Posted by Strider92 (16165 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2 said:

@Dman1366:The description for issue #9 is

"Their numbers dwindling, the Avengers stage a daring raid on the X-Men's prison to rescue their captive members-and you won't believe where it is! • Alliances begin to change as the nature of the Phoenix becomes apparent! • And in the end, it all comes down to Spider-Man!"

I can't remember where I read it but it was stated in an interview that AVX will have a noticeable effect on Spider-man.

Apparently AvX and what follows in Amazing Spider-man 700 is going to have a BIG effect on the whole Marvel universe. Spidey's going to have a busy few months -.o

Back to the question:

-Legion

-Scarlet Witch

-Exodus

-Jammie Braddock

-Franklin Richards

Online
#32 Edited by ChaosMarvel (994 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2 said:

The sad thing is that issue #9 will actually focus on Spider-man (someone who has never had any connection to the phoenix in any way ever!) and it's been said that this event will have a big effect on him.

Hate to be the barer of the god awfully stupid news but unfortunately he does have a connection (a completely stupid one but he does have a connection....) something to do with the "Other" and the fact he's a Spider-Totem I believe:

#33 Posted by Powerzone789 (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

1. Wolverine

2. Wolverine

3. Wolverine

4. Wolverine

5. Wolverine

Because he's Wolverine, and he's the best there is at what he does.

seeing as to how the phoenix 5 totally obliterated the avengers in issue 6, im pretty sure that's out of the question

#34 Posted by Powerzone789 (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosMarvel said:

@Osian2 said:

The sad thing is that issue #9 will actually focus on Spider-man (someone who has never had any connection to the phoenix in any way ever!) and it's been said that this event will have a big effect on him.

Hate to be the barer of the god awfully stupid news but unfortunately he does have a connection (a completely stupid one but he does have a connection....) something to do with the "Other" and the fact he's a Spider-Totem I believe:

or lord....my eyes....what has been seen cannot be taken back

#35 Posted by Strider92 (16165 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosMarvel said:

@Osian2 said:

The sad thing is that issue #9 will actually focus on Spider-man (someone who has never had any connection to the phoenix in any way ever!) and it's been said that this event will have a big effect on him.

Hate to be the barer of the god awfully stupid news but unfortunately he does have a connection (a completely stupid one but he does have a connection....) something to do with the "Other" and the fact he's a Spider-Totem I believe:

If this happens (AGAIN) I swear to god i'll facepalm!

Online
#36 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosMarvel said:

@Osian2 said:

The sad thing is that issue #9 will actually focus on Spider-man (someone who has never had any connection to the phoenix in any way ever!) and it's been said that this event will have a big effect on him.

Hate to be the barer of the god awfully stupid news but unfortunately he does have a connection (a completely stupid one but he does have a connection....) something to do with the "Other" and the fact he's a Spider-Totem I believe:

Wouldn't it make it flow better if it were Phoenix Spider instead of Spider Phoenix!?!?

#37 Posted by Powerzone789 (430 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Franklin Richards

2. Scarlet Witch

3. Magneto

4. Legion

5. Charles Xavier

If you read number 6 today, honestly im pretty sure its Wanda, who's gonna take them down, the avengers are just grabbing at air here they really have no chance, if anything its gonna be wanda or xavier that takes them down

#38 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7268 posts) - - Show Bio

@Powerzone789 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

1. Wolverine

2. Wolverine

3. Wolverine

4. Wolverine

5. Wolverine

Because he's Wolverine, and he's the best there is at what he does.

seeing as to how the phoenix 5 totally obliterated the avengers in issue 6, im pretty sure that's out of the question

Good thing i posted that before #6 came out, huh ?

#39 Edited by Augment (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure it isn't about physical manifestations of power but, rather, how powerful the will is of the host. I mean, look a Jean - what can telepathy do against at fiery raptor of pure cosmic energy?

#40 Posted by Strider92 (16165 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@ChaosMarvel said:

@Osian2 said:

The sad thing is that issue #9 will actually focus on Spider-man (someone who has never had any connection to the phoenix in any way ever!) and it's been said that this event will have a big effect on him.

Hate to be the barer of the god awfully stupid news but unfortunately he does have a connection (a completely stupid one but he does have a connection....) something to do with the "Other" and the fact he's a Spider-Totem I believe:

Wouldn't it make it flow better if it were Phoenix Spider instead of Spider Phoenix!?!?

Wouldn't it have made better flow for this not to have happened at all!? lol

Online
#41 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, that looks promising.

#42 Posted by Powerzone789 (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Powerzone789 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

1. Wolverine

2. Wolverine

3. Wolverine

4. Wolverine

5. Wolverine

Because he's Wolverine, and he's the best there is at what he does.

seeing as to how the phoenix 5 totally obliterated the avengers in issue 6, im pretty sure that's out of the question

Good thing i posted that before #6 came out, huh ?

indeed! haha

#43 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@papad1992 said:

@ChaosMarvel said:

@Osian2 said:

The sad thing is that issue #9 will actually focus on Spider-man (someone who has never had any connection to the phoenix in any way ever!) and it's been said that this event will have a big effect on him.

Hate to be the barer of the god awfully stupid news but unfortunately he does have a connection (a completely stupid one but he does have a connection....) something to do with the "Other" and the fact he's a Spider-Totem I believe:

Wouldn't it make it flow better if it were Phoenix Spider instead of Spider Phoenix!?!?

Wouldn't it have made better flow for this not to have happened at all!? lol

Brain....can't handle.....this...much...stupid!

#44 Posted by XxINSTANTKILLxX (3 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Wolverine

2.Cyclops

3.Cable

4.Legion

5.Rachel Summers

#45 Posted by TDK_1997 (14489 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Witch,Legion,Mad Jim,Hope,Rachel.

#46 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@XxINSTANTKILLxX said:

1.Wolverine

2.Cyclops

3.Cable

4.Legion

5.Rachel Summers

Do you mean that Cyclops the First can take on the rest of the Phoenix five or are you talking about normal Cyke?

#47 Edited by Strider92 (16165 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2: You just wait until it happens again in AvX.....Your brain will overload then lol.....

Online
#48 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Osian2: You just wait until it happens again in AvX.....Your brain will overload then lol.....

Not as stupid (but still incredibly stupid) but i'm praying to God that Iron Fist doesn't become a host later on. If he does i'l probably slip into a coma until the event finishes and enough time has passed that it's just a repressed memory in everyones minds.

#49 Posted by Strider92 (16165 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2: Heck maybe Wolverine can join in as well!

Online
#50 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Osian2: Heck maybe Wolverine can join in as well!

Who the hell hasn't the Phoenix possessed?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.