Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Mystique Has Been Cast in X-Men: First Class

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

This photo had the most mystique of all the ones online.
     This photo had the most mystique of all the ones online.

The latest casting confirmation for X-MEN: FIRST CLASS has rolled out and it’s for… Mystique? Splash Page is saying that newcomer Jennifer Lawrence will be playing a younger version of Raven Darkholme. She just recently headlined the Ozarks Mountain drama WINTER’S BONE and she’ll next be seen in the Mel Gibson comedy (wait for it)...  THE BEAVER. I can’t help wondering if this might somehow be related to that rumor we ran a while back about pro surfer Erica Hosseini auditioning to play Willow in this movie. See, Willow has the same shape-shifting powers as Mystique and I don’t think it might be that far off to speculate that the role’s been changing as production's moved along. Like it was probably going to be Willow initially until everybody figured, “Well, why the hell not just make it Mystique?”

With her inclusion, I can’t help thinking that Xavier and Magneto might be forming some kind of proto-mutant class in this movie that’d include her along with the other original members. After Chuck 'n Eric go their separate ways, she'd with the master of magnetism to form the Brotherhood (which would add a lot more weight to his betrayal in THE LAST STAND.)  == TEASER ==

So with Lawrence, here’s the official casting break down…

Kevin Bacon’s also been confirmed as playing an unnamed villain in this movie, after he was rumored to do so last week. Fans are throwing a lot of wild guesses about him playing Mr. Sinister or even Fitzroy, but I still think it’s going to end up being something simple like Sentinel-creator Bolivar Trask. Or maybe even a version of Bastion without the ties to Nimrod and Master Mold.

There also continues to be dispute and disagreement about whether Aaron Johnson is going to star as Cyclops in this. I’m going to say yes because it’s just too obvious not to happen. I’m sure Vaughn liked working with him on KICK-ASS - - he probably want to work with him again.

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Studios and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

this is stupid.  mystique is as old as wolverine--she should look exactly the same. 

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Video_Martian

MYSTIQUE. IS. HOT!!!

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Cherry Bomb

So has Alice Eve officially been confirmed? I thought it was just a rumour ...
    I would have preferred them to cast an actual model as Mystique, much like they did with Rebecca Romijn. A model just portrays better.

I like her 'nude' costume and blue scales in the X-Men film series, but this actress is 19? maybe a little young. But I hope they do cover her head to toe in blue scales and make her naked.

Chibi-Iroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chibi-Iroh
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
    " this is stupid.  mystique is as old as wolverine--she should look exactly the same.  "
    Considering Wolverine doesn't  even look half as old as he really is I dont see a problem with her looking younger.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I've pretty much given up on this movie. They killed my interest once they announced their Emma selection.

Avatar image for gambitpryde1993
    gambitpryde1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By gambitpryde1993

what's the point of this movie anyway? I thought it was like the x-men 1st class comics w/ Iceman, Marvel Girl, Angel, Cyclops, and Beast. Emma Frost n Mystique came later...

Avatar image for magnetowasright
    MagnetoWasRight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MagnetoWasRight

This movie is going to be horrible, yes. The casting choices have been monstrously bad. 

But, people are basing most of their complaints on the fact that there are discrepancies between this movie and the comics.  

This is a prequel to the film series. 
    Which never followed the comics. 
    No, Iceman will not be a member. Nor Angel. Mystique will be younger. 
    This isn't the comic universe. 

Though, it's still going to suck. 
    Kevin Bacon? Really?

Rowen545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Rowen545

I try not to judge movies before I have seen them... so I'm trying really hard right now...
    TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By TheMess1428

Will she be pregnant and say "I like the name Kurt for a boy."?

XFan616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By XFan616

@ Violet-Eyed Dragon

Dude...she's a SHAPESHIFTER. If they don't like their appearance they get in the habit of defaulting to one they like.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By DH69

hmmm hotter than stamos...lets hope they change how she looks. like most of the characters in the x-men movies i hate how she looks.

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Adam Michaels

I'd be lying if I said I won't be going to watch this movie. But after a good start with X-Men and X2, this film series has become nothing to get excited about anymore. Marvel Studios needs to step in and refresh this franchise, and implemented it into its cinematic universe.
    TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheMess1428
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
    " this is stupid.  mystique is as old as wolverine--she should look exactly the same.  "
    As old as Wolverine? He's been around since like the Civil War... How is she as old as him?
    Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bio Guyver

Kevin Bacon has been confirmed in this? Sweet. 

I'm kinda interested to see where this goes, and see how McAvoy portrays a young Xavier. I'm sure he'll do fine. He's a good actor.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Chaos Burn

i am losing faith in this film.... and after X men origins wolverine hurt me so much, i dont think i can bare the pain

MemnochZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MemnochZERO

I was kinda hoping they'd get Amber Heard for the new Mystique, but I'm glad it worked out this way. Plus it opens her op for Polaris if they ever put her in a movie. 
    As for Mystique's age, she's well over 100 years old. Maybe not Civil War old (BTW, that was only movie Logan, in the comics he was born late 1880s early 1890s), but old enough she was around at the turn of the 20th century.
    Tainted-Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By Tainted-Cell
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon: Much agreed. The producers and writers are idiots.
    Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pizawle

Pretty. Not liking the overall cast, though.

4Essence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 4Essence

No Jean? o_O
    Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21  Edited By Comiclove5

They say this is X-Men First Class, and yet they cast like it's Uncanny X-Men: First Class or Generation X. I really hope this movie doesn't make it out of the production stage.

@Cherry Bomb
    said:
    "So has Alice Eve officially been confirmed? I thought it was just a rumour ... I would have preferred them to cast an actual model as Mystique, much like they did with Rebecca Romijn. A model just portrays better.  I like her 'nude' costume and blue scales in the X-Men film series, but this actress is 19? maybe a little young. But I hope they do cover her head to toe in blue scales and make her naked."

I don't think Alice Eve has been confimed, yet. I agree with you that costume was better, but
    if this is a reboot I think they should go for different a costume.
    Chamoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Chamoi

hot.

Gennadius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gennadius

I actually dont know why it matters who plays Mystique she is going to be covered in soooo much make-up that you probably wont notice her anyway.
    Bathory1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bathory1313

I'm really getting sick about this movie.. it seems to be following x3.. .lets just stuff as many mutants into this as possible and hope it comes out ok... during x3, I think I spent more time searching out the cameo mutants than paying attention to the movie... 

This is going to be the same thing.. 5 original x-men prof x and magento.. how freaking hard is that... apparently pretty hard cause they are screwing it up... maybe i'll be proven wrong and this will be the superhero movie ever made... but i'm pretty sure I won't be ..

ManuelPrez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By ManuelPrez
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    " I've pretty much given up on this movie. They killed my interest once they announced their Emma selection. "
    x2
    Walker696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Walker696

So for the most part the only real first class x-men they have cast are Prof X, Mags, and Beast. They are adding all these people in to try to get a sex appeal or whatever they wanna call it. Seriously stop taking good comic stories and retelling them to reach a "target audience". I don't care how sexy someone is, if the story sucks real fans won't like it. You betray old fans to try to pull in new ones. Now my nephew's heads are completely screwed up when it comes to comics and they think I'm lying when I tell them the real stories. When you make a movie about a book, you make minor changes, not change what ever you want. Hopefully Marvel won't let their other movies get butchered.

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cherry Bomb
    @Comiclove5 said:

@Cherry Bomb
    said:
    "So has Alice Eve officially been confirmed? I thought it was just a rumour ... I would have preferred them to cast an actual model as Mystique, much like they did with Rebecca Romijn. A model just portrays better.  I like her 'nude' costume and blue scales in the X-Men film series, but this actress is 19? maybe a little young. But I hope they do cover her head to toe in blue scales and make her naked."
    I don't think Alice Eve has been confimed, yet. I agree with you that costume was better, but if this is a reboot I think they should go for different a costume. "
    I loved the transition effect between her shape-shifts though. :( it was way cool. Alice Eve hasn't been confirmed, but on Comicvine and 'Comicbookmovie' - they all make it out like she definately has been >_< I hope it's not true though.
    Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Cherry Bomb
    @4Essence said:
    " No Jean? o_O "
    She'll probably be announced soon. I think they're saving Jean, Scott etc .. until last

VIZION2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By VIZION2011

I have a feeling Storms not gonna be in this on : ( and Halle Berry or the stupid directors of the last 3 films didnt do her justice.

fisto77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By fisto77

At least the casting for emma frost is better than in x-men origins. I don't like james mcavoy playing pro x. he would be better suited playing cyclops maybe. i quite like the casting for magneto and i think the casting for mystique is alright. But if storm is going to be included in the movie they should definitely cast beyonce knowles as storm, as storm is portrayed as having curves and who better to show off some curves than beyonce knowles. Also, i think beyonce will look very suited to be storm with a white wig on though.
    dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dondasch

I have no clue who this woman is.

VIZION2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By VIZION2011

Oh hell to the NO!!!!! BEYONCE WILL NOT DISGRACE THE ONE AND ONLY STORM !!!! lmao have you seen that woman act? she cant  act her way out of a box!! The need to take there time and find a actress even if she is unknown. Thats just like casting....The kid that played afater as prf x... it just wont work lol

aouric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By aouric

Awesome pick!

Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34  Edited By Comiclove5
    @Cherry Bomb said:
    " @Comiclove5 said:

@Cherry Bomb
    said:
    I don't think Alice Eve has been confimed, yet. I agree with you that costume was better, but if this is a reboot I think they should go for different a costume. "
    I loved the transition effect between her shape-shifts though. :( it was way cool. Alice Eve hasn't been confirmed, but on Comicvine and 'Comicbookmovie' - they all make it out like she definately has been >_< I hope it's not true though. "

Yeah, those were some great effects, and it was. Why don't you like Alice?
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By goldenkey

This movie seems to be moving away from the other movies continuity.  That's a good thing.  It should be started over.  Focusing other characters other then Wolverine is a good thing also since there are other characters then Wolverine IN X-men.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @Cherry Bomb said:
    " @4Essence said:
    " No Jean? o_O "
    She'll probably be announced soon. I think they're saving Jean, Scott etc .. until last "
    Fingers crossed XD
    Avatar image for journey_into_chaos
    Journey Into Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Mystique is ageless so why are picking another actress? The first girl was perfect!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#38  Edited By The Impersonator

You bunch of Hollywood wackos. You don't care about the comics. You only care about the money. You're just throwing a bunch of stupid ideas. You're not sticking with the story. You're putting random mutant characters that doesn't stick with the main story and not making the characters the main five.  This movie is going to be horrible. Just like Wolverine and the other X-Men movies. I had it.
    TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheMess1428

Here are some other pics of her.

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cherry Bomb

I hope they keep the signature Mystique nude 'costume' for the reboot. [: I loved how Mystique looked in the first X-Men movies

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Cherry Bomb
    @Comiclove5 said:
    " @Cherry Bomb said:
    " @Comiclove5 said:

@Cherry Bomb
    said:
    I loved the transition effect between her shape-shifts though. :( it was way cool. Alice Eve hasn't been confirmed, but on Comicvine and 'Comicbookmovie' - they all make it out like she definately has been >_< I hope it's not true though. "
    Yeah, those were some great effects, and it was. Why don't you like Alice? "
    I think she's too old to play her, If it was the regular X-Movies then hell yeah. But I'm sure they're making Emma Frost a teacher.  Since sources have said that Emma Frost will be involved in a love triangle between Magneto and Professor X in First Class
    grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By grimreaper1980

what happened to amber heard

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.