Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

My honest thoughts of X-Men 2011 -3+

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aero_gt

Well for starters this comic inspired anime is visually decent as far as anime artworks go. The character's appearances are definitely different from the American comics/cartoon styles, not necessarily a plus or minus compared to other comic show drawings I've witnessed (Teen Titans, Legion of superheros.) . I also like the English voices, they could've had a black chick do Storm's, but I will accept it for now.

Now for the downers, which may turn into uppers. Once again, Cyclops is jonesing for Jean... I have hopes to see his better skills on the field and in the team, not just some "emo" boy. (not even 1 episode in and Logan calls him what I was trying to not think of him as in this show...). Scott needing to be saved by Logan irks my faith though. Wolverine he's the badass media wants him to be, but the way he acts towards teammates is a bummer. I feel he's gonna end up being a guy I'll enjoy seeing get smacked around. Storm... wow... I would not rejoice if you are a storm fanboy/girl. She gets tired relatively easy after doing something comic book Storm could sneeze and do twice like make a wind shift directions, shocking someone for about 2-5 seconds, making ice appear in an ocean. She is the least weird looking char on the team and seems to hold the team together, if Scott doesn't get 20% cooler, I think she'll be fave person on this anime. Beast, he is a cat man, he is very smart, no real flaws so he passes. Xavier is ok like any other tv show /movie incarnation of him. The Villians are different from the initial Magneto gallery in all other incarnations call the U-men.

The show overall. It's not super great, but for an anime it's decent and expected(Buff men, Curvy women, questionable dress codes.). If you choose to watch it, watch it with an open mind the characters start off kinda eh... This show could last for about 26 episodes, average anime last time , less if they producers bomb on it or pace it wrongly. The show is on G4 and Wolverine's self titled anime just ended on it the channel aswell and if you seen it the action in it is of the same caliber which is pretty intense as most animes are. Final thought, watch it if you can relate to anime shows and have an open mind about x-men. ^3^

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Aero_gt: The show is only intended for a 13 episode run, there will be no more than that

Actually  the first couple of episodes set up the story, the overall story arc has a lot of plot points adapted straight from the comic, they just change some of the characters for originality

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.