Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

My biggest problem with Wolverine and the X- Men

Avatar image for carnivalofsins00
    carnivalofsins00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By carnivalofsins00

Charles Xavier is really unlikeable, at least for me. Not only that, but he's so weak in this series. He's supposed to be this super powerful telepath, but all he can do is use cerebro to contact the past and run away. I don't get it.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheCrowbar

I hate to be the one to defend Wolverine and the X men series but Xavier is using his telepathy to transcend time, that's pretty powerful. Telepathy doesn't work on robots and sentinels are after him.

Xavier isn't really meant to be like, he's not a character but more of a pseudo-narrator in the show.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By AgeofHurricane

IMO? i thought the series was going to be good and the character's well portrayed and written but i was wrong...very wrong.....As if Wolverine hasn't gotten enough spotlight in the comic's not to mention his own upcoming anime series he's getting his own show? well wow, not to mention the Story start's with a big bang (literally) which leads to all the main X-Men departing across the globe to do their own stuff and for some reason Xavier chooses Wolverine to call them all in, he does a good Job but he's not Leader material, also i don't like the way Kitty's being portrayed here it's a bit to snotty for my liking, her X-Men Evolution version was the best i ever saw and i just absolutely loved her! also another main problem of mine was Storm and Jean, Storm as she's a main X-Lady yet she only made cameo appearances as she was during Fraction's solo run of The Uncanny X-Men, i mean i like the way they made her first appearance with the Shadow King and all that but after that it all went down the drain, Jean? she only appeared towards the last couple of episode and the one thing that annoyed me most was the Whole PHOENIX thing, i would have liked it more if they at least stuck to the original Phoenix encounter at least for this show but they didn't yet again it went they went of track, im glad this is canceled Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish,LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @TheCrowbar said:
    "Xavier isn't really meant to be like, he's not a character but more of a pseudo-narrator in the show. "
    He does seem to be some sort of etherial god-like entity for Wolverine to pray to for guidance a lot of the the time. 

It's all there in the title; Wolverine & the X-Men.  That's why even Cyclops barely got a look in (which suited me, fine ;)
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @TheCrowbar said:
    "Xavier isn't really meant to be like, he's not a character but more of a pseudo-narrator in the show. "
    He does seem to be some sort of etherial god-like entity for Wolverine to pray to for guidance a lot of the the time. 

It's all there in the title; Wolverine & the X-Men.  That's why even Cyclops barely got a look in (which suited me, fine ;) "
    There was that episode that Cyclops goes all bad ass, that I loved! And there's throwing Wolverine through a brick wall...that was baws.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @TheCrowbar: Yup.  One episode where I could ignore Cyclops because it had Sinister & the Marauders... and then the last few episodes where the whole episode story arc came to fruition :)
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @xerox-kitty said:
      That's why even Cyclops barely got a look in (which suited me, fine ;) "
    No love for Cyclops?
    Virus_Warning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Virus_Warning

Honestly, I liked Wolverine and the X-Men (mainly because Hellion was finally in a non-comic something ^.^)
    And I liked the two different times things
    And the barely having Cyclops thing was cool too
    -Virus

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Gambit1024

Really? Xavier was your biggest problem? 

Idk, sir, I was pretty annoyed with the title alone. Wolverine IS an X-Man, so why give it a title like that? Are the X-Men his sidekicks or something?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Gambit1024
    @Edamame: You're probably right, but with the way the media is going, the next generation of comic geeks will grow up thinking Wolverine is the most important X-Man. He's really not though, lol.  

About a month ago, I had my sideburns grow out a little bit, so I decided to keep it. My step brother (who's like, 10) says to me "You look like X-Man."  

X-Man. He was thinking about Wolverine, and he said X-Man. This is what the media has done. Shows and movies like X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Wolverine and the X-Men are giving the next generation the thought that Wolverine is THE X-Man. When Cyclops, Magneto, and Storm are equally or even more important. I'm sorry, but giving this show a title like that just makes me angry. 

Damn, sorry I didn't mean to rant... My bad, lol. 
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I agree that the title "Wolverine and the X-Men" was annoying because that would mean that this show would focus everything on Wolverine and I just wished that there was an X-Men series that actually tried to focus on all the characters and not just one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.