Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Mutant "Race"- Two Mutants make a human?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Koays  Online

There's a lot of debate as to whether or not Mutants are their own separate species/race/roller disco..etc. But one of the arguments against it are that in order for them to be their own species they have to be able to produce offspring that are also mutants.

My question is, how many examples are there of the child of two mutants being a baseline human?

and if the only example is Graydon Creed, is he the exception to the rule or proof of the rule?

Azalae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I thought Luna was a human. Who's parents are a mutant and inhuman. I'm I right?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Koays  Online

@azalae: I believe her species is Inhuman though, she was just exposed to Terrigen Mist at a younger age then intended.

Azalae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@azalae: I believe her species is Inhuman though, she was just exposed to Terrigen Mist at a younger age then intended.

Oh ok. I just thought she was cause I don't remember her showing any ability. unless i'm wrong.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Koays  Online

@azalae: she's got telepathy and some form of Empathy since "Son of M." But before that I think she was normal and thats why Exodus was trying to kill her at one point

Azalae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@azalae: she's got telepathy and some form of Empathy since "Son of M." But before that I think she was normal and thats why Exodus was trying to kill her at one point

That's what im thinking. She was normal. She gain some power? Wow. That's something I never knew. Cool.

Jay_Alam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good question hmmm

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@koays said:

There's a lot of debate as to whether or not Mutants are their own separate species/race/roller disco..etc. But one of the arguments against it are that in order for them to be their own species they have to be able to produce offspring that are also mutants.

My question is, how many examples are there of the child of two mutants being a baseline human?

and if the only example is Graydon Creed, is he the exception to the rule or proof of the rule?

to be fair, there aren't many examples of two mutants producing offspring to begin with..

in this case, though, I'd have to say that Graydon Creed is proof of the rule: mutants are humans.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I dont know all the history as far as whether its happened before besides the Graydon Creed thing. As far as the ongoing argument/discussion, i would say that mutants are humans. I guess mutation would be no different than being black or white or whatever, its still all human. I could even go for the next step in evolution but still human

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Koays  Online

@hawk2916: I agree with the next step in evolution only because the world is filled with super villains, gods and killer aliens so to me the natural step would be developing powers to defend against such a wide variety of threats.

@oldnightcrawler: There is definitely that. I can't think of many that aren't Grey-Summers related in some way. Rogue and Magneto's age of Apocalypse kid, Nocturne, Xavier jr and Raze from alternate times. Though I was aiming for something like families amongst the more och or in Genosha.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By adamTRMM

The real question is, are mutants the actual next step of human evolution, or just its side effect, because of the addition of X-gene and since there already are other established super-powered humans either innate, or circumstantially developed.

Anyway, to me, saying mutants are human it's like saying that Deviants are Eternals =| Marvel Earth biology is too complicated for these simplifications.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.