Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Movies and Shows make the X-ladies seem weak..

• 55 results
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

@polarity said:

Yeah the x-men books were ahead of the curve in the 80s. The x-men movies weren't.

I think the X-Ladies were also portray very well in the early 90's too, the last 10 years the writers fail the x-ladies.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

Movies and shows make everyone seems week.

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@ultra_beleco: yes they do and that is even more ridiculous than storm beating ww.

I tought it was cannon because I used to see very often in battle foruns...

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@time said:

@polarity said:

Yeah the x-men books were ahead of the curve in the 80s. The x-men movies weren't.

I think the X-Ladies were also portray very well in the early 90's too, the last 10 years the writers fail the x-ladies.

I can agree with this -- there has been arguably some characters which have been elevated (like X-23 in her own series and Psylocke in X-Force) but historically, I found it doesn't really stick. There's a push now for some bad@ssery in the new MarvelNOW books (especially Sif in JIM) but I don't have much faith it will be sustained. Oh, and Rogue has been shown as pretty rough and tough consistently.

Movie-wise, I am really impressed with how Black Widow has been portrayed (Scarlett nailed it) and I haven't seen any other superhero outside of the Avengers so I wouldn't know about Catwoman. Based off rumours, she did pretty good. Meep -- hold on -- I did see Thor's first movie -- loved Sif in that. Heard Pepper Potts was phenomenal in the recent Iron Man 3 as well.

Looks like things might be changing, movie-wise when it comes to female characters. I have nothing to say about the X-Men movies. The less said, the better.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I don't agree with this premise. I think some women in the x-films were undersold—Emma Frost especially was a wasted appearance—but characters like Mystique, Jean Grey, and Rogue were integral parts of the film without being "the chick" or only a love interest and to me that's far more important in judging their worth to the story than how many action scenes they get. And even then, some of them got some very big action scenes/moments (e.g., Storm, Angel, Jean, Lady Deathstrike).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.