Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Movie Emma Frost Continuity fix

jojo111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jojo111

Ok i've been thinking of a way to fix the Emma Frost continuity in the xmen movies and I came up with a solution. The Emma from the 60's diamond form gets nearly shattered, in order to save her, someone (I haven't decided whom yet) transfers her mind into a clone of her, albiet the clone is younger, this is in the 80's, the clone has all the powers of Emma, it worked for Psylocke in the comics right?, but she doesn't have the memory of her past life, that gives us the Emma we saw in Xmen origins wolverine

jojo111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jojo111

What do yall think of my idea?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By JonSmith

Seems a bit... farfetched. Even by comic standards. Though I suppose if it worked for Cable's parents...

jojo111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jojo111

@JonSmith: yeah, it's a stretch, but I cant really think of anything else besides Emma simply being de aged or something

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JonSmith

@jojo111 said:

yeah, it's a stretch, but I cant really think of anything else besides Emma simply being de aged or something

It's possible she was speaking with one of the children as a potential recruit for the Brotherhood when the child was kidnapped. Mystique having gathered intel on the Weapon X program, she recognized what was happening and cast an illusion into the minds of the kidnappers, making them think she was younger so they'd take her as well. Thus infiltrating Weapon X, and perhaps being able to turn more recruits to her side. When they realize what she can do, they have her brainwash Silver Fox into believing Emma is her sister to motivate Fox to help them.

Thus the Emma we see is an older version of the Emma in First Class, but she appears younger due to her keeping the illusion up the entire time. Just in case she ever needed to go diamond form, she planted a suggestion that would make everyone keep seeing the illusion even when she could no longer maintain it herself in diamond form, hence why when she went diamond, nothing changed.

... In retrospect, your way seems a lot simpler.

jojo111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jojo111

@JonSmith: my only problem with your... simple way... lol is that I still want scott and emma to be together in the movies, if emma isn't de aged or anything and life goes on as normal, she'd be around professor xaviers age. Gross.

xrs12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xrs12

oorrrr say her diamond form slows the ageing process like they have said for mystique and wolverine, problem solved. If wolverine can get with Jean and any other woman then why cant the other characters

jojo111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jojo111

@xrs12: I guess that makes sense. All I know is that i want Emma in Xmen 4 if they make one (a sequel to the main trilogy not a days of future past sequel, though I hope she's in that too

jojo111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jojo111

@xrs12: but shes not always in her diamond form

UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By UltraBiel

@xrs12 said:

oorrrr say her diamond form slows the ageing process like they have said for mystique and wolverine, problem solved. If wolverine can get with Jean and any other woman then why cant the other characters

This. Call her third mutation slow aging.

jojo111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jojo111

@UltraBiel: third mutation? that sounds cheesy. I think the best way to do it would involve time travel in the next movie days of future past.

UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By UltraBiel

@jojo111 said:

@UltraBiel: third mutation? that sounds cheesy. I think the best way to do it would involve time travel in the next movie days of future past.

You think a Third mutation is cheesy? I don't even remember the number of the mutation Beast is in now! And don't forgest it is a movie solution so they can't spend much time explaining what happened to her unless she is the main bad/hero of the movie.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By poisonfleur

@jojo111 said:

Ok i've been thinking of a way to fix the Emma Frost continuity in the xmen movies and I came up with a solution. The Emma from the 60's diamond form gets nearly shattered, in order to save her, someone (I haven't decided whom yet) transfers her mind into a clone of her, albiet the clone is younger, this is in the 80's, the clone has all the powers of Emma, it worked for Psylocke in the comics right?, but she doesn't have the memory of her past life, that gives us the Emma we saw in Xmen origins wolverine

Hey-- I think it could work. In First class-- I thought thought they should have shattered her and brought her back for the original trilogy timeline.

As for Emma Silverfox-- I always consider her and Kayla's daughters. Both daughters inheriting one of her powers. Mind control and Diamond skin. It makes sense somewhat..

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By danhimself

@jojo111 said:

@JonSmith: my only problem with your... simple way... lol is that I still want scott and emma to be together in the movies, if emma isn't de aged or anything and life goes on as normal, she'd be around professor xaviers age. Gross.

the other problem with this is that Scott is dead in the movie universe

jojo111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jojo111

@danhimself: but they intend to bring him and jean back for the next movie through time travel, they're basically going to erase xmen the last stand

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By danhimself

@jojo111 said:

@danhimself: but they intend to bring him and jean back for the next movie through time travel, they're basically going to erase xmen the last stand

Neither are confirmed to be in the movie

jojo111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jojo111

@danhimself: he hinted they will. And why wouldn't he? He didn't kill them off, brett ratner did

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Aero_gt

Emma got pregnant at a young age from some character in her past via rape and that's how Silver Sable(?) was born. Her powers manifested afterwards and she killed her raper had the kid raised by a close family member while she went to college and then into the high society world where she meets Sebastian shaw and they become an item. He gives her her next daughter who he has raised with the aforementioned family member as they go on to do their Hellfire Club things. Emma not being a heartless b#&!? pays for the daughters upbringing and even occasionally writes them and visits a few times. The Younger Emma grows up with his sister and while at a private school herparents paid for gets snatched up by Sabretooth and Stryker.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.