Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Most Powerful Mutant of All Time

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By cracks
    @Korg: Good point. : ) 

Also, you seem to have not read the something that I have already posted here. I am not only quoting another forums user.  I will quote myself once again.  

"Jean Grey becoming White Phoenix of the Crown is the final stage on Jean Grey's natural mutant evolution."  

You are welcome. 
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By cracks
    @Korg said:

" @crimsonspider89 said:

" White Phoenix of the Crown can alter timelines and the universe as a whole with ease. She has endless power, she is the strongest mutant of all time.  "
    Jaspers was capable of altering the entire omniverse. Want to try again? "
    LOL. 

Oh, by the way, the question at hand is, "who is the most powerful 'mutant,' not who are the most powerful  'mutants.'" You said, Thanos and Jaspers.  As if Thanos would be a match for Jaspers. 
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#203  Edited By Korg
    @cracks said:

"Jean Grey becoming White Phoenix of the Crown is the final stage on Jean Grey's natural mutant evolution." 

Ok, one last time, what are you basing this on? 
    Whitley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Whitley

I didn't see him mentioned here, but what about David Haller (Legion)  when his mind was finally healed he pretty much stomped on the X-Men without a second thought, went back in time was beating the crap out of the X-Men the were caught in his temporal wake and was going to kill Magneto before his future father (Xavier) jumped in at the last second and sacrificed himself.
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By cracks
    @Korg: LOL. You are telling me to read "actual comics," but this statement does indeed come from the comics.    How ironic.  : ) 

" I told you that I would shoot, but you didn't believe me! Why didn't you believe me? Why didn't you believe me? Why didn't you believe me?"

LMAO.
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By cracks
    You think that Legion can defeat Hyperstorm?   : )
    Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#207  Edited By crimsonspider89

WPOTC is psionic energy personified and can change the timeline with EASE. This means she has endless power. Jasper went nuts after he altered the omniverse and the phoenix force is the origin of all life force in the universe. WPOTC is immune to reality warping since she is the universe due to her being the Phoenix Force and Jean combined into one being. She is an omnipotent being who is unbeatable.

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By cracks
    @crimsonspider89: That is correct!    : )
    gokudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By gokudo

the most powerful mutant ever? onslaught
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#210  Edited By Korg
    @cracks said: 

@Korg: LOL. You are telling me to read "actual comics," but this statement does indeed come from the comics.    How ironic.  : )   " I told you that I would shoot, but you didn't believe me! Why didn't you believe me? Why didn't you believe me? Why didn't you believe me?"  LMAO. "

Translation:  You have no source. 

@crimsonspider89 said: 

"She is an omnipotent being who is unbeatable. "

So Jean is The One-Above-All. Well, you learn something new every day.     

@gokudo said:
    " the most powerful mutant ever? onslaught "
    Onslaught was a psionic entity, not a mutant.
    Whitley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Whitley
    @cracks: 

Legion like Hyperstorm has numerous powers, but Legion does have one that would be beat Hyperstorm. The ability to control everything on a molecular level. Doesn't matter how strong you if the molecules that bind you together suddenly are gone.  
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By crimsonspider89

Hyperstorm can control everything on a molecular level as well and can activate more powers than one at a time.  
    WPOTC 
    Mad Jim Jasper 
    Hyperstorm 
    Legion  
    The Beyonder 

gokudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By gokudo
    @Korg: 
               you would think that a being of pure thought would not be limited to absorbing just mutants to make himself stronger, you would think he would be able to absorb any super being. he did manifest inside of a mutant, actually professor x was onslaught at first, being seperated from the other mutants actually made him stronger, he was no longer bound by limits, therefore becoming a being of pure mental energy. now imagine if he had absorbed the powers of every mutant on the planet, thats a guy i wouldnt wanna meet down a dark alley.
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By cracks
    @Korg: Comic books aren't sources?
    DanN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By DanN
    @cracks: 

X-Man can beat Magneto, because he manipulates all matter at every level, whereas Magneto is restricted to Magnetism.  You clearly haven't read X-Man's books and most likely have just gotten glimpses of him here and there in the past.  There is, quite literally, nothing that X-Man can't do until he burns out.  There is a reason why he had a limited lifespan--he had far too much raw power in his body.  "The light that burns twice as bright, also burns twice as fast."  However, during the Shaman saga that led to the (temporary) end of X-Man when he sacrificed himself, he merged temporarily with the other dimensional Nate Grey, which resulted in him getting some mark that removed that "curse".

X-Man is someone that can easily stand toe-to-toe with the Sentry, particularly since he seems to finally understand the full extent of his power after becoming the mutant shaman.

I've forgotten about Mad Jim Jaspers and Legion as well.

Regarding the original question--who is the most powerful mutant?  The question itself is rigged and unanswerable.  Add an 's' at the end of mutant, and we're good to go.  Let Marvel actually create battles to determine winners between these omega-level mutants, because we sure as hell never will.
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By crimsonspider89

Magneto stands no chance against the current Nate Grey who is in full control of his powers and is confident. The strongest is White Phoenix of the Crown, she is the universe basically and source of all psionic energy. The 2nd is up for grabs but nobody stands a chance against her.

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By cracks
    @crimsonspider89: Magneto has already dealt with powerful telekinetics and powerful telepaths before. Why should X-Man, who lacks the experience that Magneto has, be any different?  Magneto can use Earth's magnetic field to heal himself.  Magneto already defeated Cable in the comics. 
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By King Quisling

The Beyonder. 

crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By crimsonspider89
    @cracks: Cable is limited due to the TO virus while X-Man is on level on par with Phoenix or stronger.(Not Dark Phoenix or WPOTC) Magneto has nowhere near these levels and X-Man can make things real with a thought. His psi abilities are unreal. If unleashed a TK blast, Magneto would not exist.
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By cracks
    @crimsonspider89: X-Man is, quite simply, just telekinetic and telepathic.  This means that he can not "make things real with a thought."  X-Man has incredible raw power, but lacks the skill and experience that Magneto has.  In addition, Magneto can use Earth's magnetic field to heal himself. Also, what is to prevent Magneto from ripping X-Man in half? Magneto has complete control over the entire electromagnetic spectrum. 
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By crimsonspider89
    @cracks:   Upon examination by Moira Mactaggert, she suggested his psionic powers rivalled that of Jean Grey when imbued with the Phoenix Force.  In another instance, he was measured as having a psionic energy output matching that of the Dark Phoenix   

Nate has the ability to tap into the enormous psychic resources of the astral plane in order to manipulate matter and energy. This grants him incredible psychic powers including telepathy and telekinesis. He can use his telepathy to read minds and even read residual thought imprints left on objects touched by people ( psychometry), communicate with others by broadcasting his thoughts, control minds, create illusions by altering the perceptions of others, fire psionic blasts that can scramble an opponent's thought processes (causing the victim either intense pain, or rendering them unconscious), project his mind into the astral planeand even pull the astral projections of other telepaths into the physical world, and sense dimensional rifts or anomalies.  

Nate's telekinesis is so powerful that  he can move massive objects with his mind, fire blasts of psychokinetic energy that can shatter steel, create mental barriers that can stop most attacks, and levitate himself to fly at supersonic speeds. His control over his TK is so acute he can create holograms by mentally manipulating water molecules and dust to refract light, bend security lasers around himself to avoid detection, and even move the atoms of a wall around his own so that he passes through the wall like a ghost. He can even use his telekinesis to channel the Earth's magnetic field through the electro-currents of his brain to create devastating Electro Magnetic Pulses.  

Straight from Comicvine. Mags stands no chance.
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By cracks
    @crimsonspider89: I already know that.  That is a summary of how powerful his telepathy and telekinesis are.  However, X-Man still does not have enough skill or experience to win this battle.  Like I said, Magneto has defeat the Phoenix before and has defended himself from Thor's blasts.  He has also defeated other powerful telekinetics and powerful telepaths in the past. 
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By crimsonspider89

BUT none as powerful as X-Man and X-Man now has the skill to beat Magneto. He defeated the Phoenix after she was wore down and emotionally tired. One on one Jean - Phoenix would annihilate Mags. I dislike Jean - Phoenix but like Mags and I am not going to hype him above his potential. Yeah, Thor's thunder blasts. Mag's magnetism control would be useless due to X-Man's own control of the electromagnetic spectrum. X-Man would dominate Magneto in a one on one fight. 

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By cracks
    @crimsonspider89: Jean Grey is.  Rachel Grey, as well.  Magneto's control over the electromagnetic spectrum is stronger than X-Man's and he has more experience controlling it. 
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By crimsonspider89

..... Rachel was inexperienced and Jean dominated him half the time when she was the Phoenix. Everytime he defeated her, it was due to either help, wearing down or emotional stress.  X-Man can exert more power than Magneto due to the exhaustion Magneto's powers put on his body and mind. Magneto stands no chance against X-Man, one on one and both at there prime, X-Man would unleash extremely powerful TK attacks ripping Magneto apart. 

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By cracks
    @crimsonspider89: No. I was saying that Rachel and Jean are both above X-Man. X-Man does not compare to those two.  I also already said that Magneto can use Earth's magnetic field to heal himself. Did you ignore that on purpose?
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By crimsonspider89

NO, X-Man has the same strength level or greater than them two unless you are talking about WCOTP. I have not read anything on his Comicvine profile about him able to heal himself with the Earth's magnetic field. Anyway, ripping apart Mag's body parts constantly would drain Magneto's power even if he could heal till he ran out. X-Man would then kill him. I had to gain the White Phoenix of the Crown info from the issue, Phoenix Force bios. There is no mention of Magneto able to heal himself using Earth's magnetic field.

IC3MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By IC3MAN

Beyonder
    MJJ 
    Xavier 
    Scarlet witch 
    Franklin Rich 

and mayb Iceman later in time

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By cracks
    @crimsonspider89: 
    Definitely not greater. No. All three of their power levels are indeterminable and practically infinite .
    Jean Grey is White Phoenix of the Crown. 
    X-Man needed that tattoo to prevent himself from burning out. Both Rachel and Jean did not need that tattoo.  
    Anyway, Rachel and Jean would have more skill and experience in wielding their power, than X-Man would.
      They can both handle their incredible powers, unlike X-Man. 

Magneto has used Earth's magnetic field to heal himself in the comics. Do you not trust the comics? Try and expand your sources, please.  Also, are you forgetting that Magneto could also rip X-Man's body apart as well?
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By crimsonspider89

.... That is due to the phoenix force. I said, if Jean was not the White Phoenix of the Crown. X-Man does not have the Phoenix Force where there powers originate and his powers were so immense that it was killing him. X-Man has been recorded to have Dark Phoenix power level which is greater than the normal Phoenix form. X-Man could rip apart Magneto since his powers do not have a negative effect on his body or mind unlike Magneto's. Anyway, retcons. Makes old comics inaccurate.

I forgot Franklin Richards on my list 
    White Phoenix 
    Franklin Richards 
    Mad JIm Jaspers 
    Hyperstorm 
    Legion 
    Beyonder 
    Molecule Man 
    Onslaught 
    X-Man

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By cracks
    @crimsonspider89: The comics have stated that Jean is the Phoenix, so there is no way that you can separate Jean from the Phoenix Force. Jean's powers were immense as well, but they were not killing Jean or even Rachel.   What about Rachel, by the way? What is the apex of her mutant evolution? Rachel is very powerful, even without the Phoenix Force.  Like I said, raw power does not mean much, when you lack the skill and experience to use it properly.   X-Man does not have Jean's or Rachel's level of skill.  Have you ignored, again, that Magneto can heal himself by using Earth's magnetic field?

Onslaught is not a mutant, rather a being made of pure psychic energy. Molecule Man is a mutate. 
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By crimsonspider89

I am not. But not to the extent of damage can. No idea about Rachel but she has lost her phoenix force. I said if she was not White Phoenix. X-Man does have there skill now with his return. He knows how to perfectly use his powers to the full extent.  Magneto can heal himself but the more he does it, the weaker his powers become. X-Man would unleash wave of wave of TK blasts and his TK can personify anyway he wants to. X-Man and Franklin Richards are two of the strongest mutants ever seen. Magneto could not take on Dark Phoenix and that is about X-Man's power level. Same for Cable at full power, Cable was able to protect and hold a city up while battling the Silver Surfer and they being equal. That is how strong X-Man is. Could Magneto go toe to toe with Silver Surfer? No, he could not and since X-Man is now skilled and knows how to use his powers, Magneto does not stand a chance. He is skilled and knows how to use his powers know which will be stated in Dark X-Men, Marvel has said so.

Avatar image for omega_level_supreme
    Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable is not the Surfer's equal... he did well in that fight, however.
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By crimsonspider89

He would be if he had full power. He went toe to toe with the Surfer while protecting and holding up the city. Sorry, that says it. Silver Surfer is not as strong as the Dark Phoenix and X-Man's power is that high and since Cable is a different X-Man from a different timeline but without the TK/TP abilities, thus Cable is actually stronger than Silver Surfer.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#235  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

X-Man does have there skill now with his return. He knows how to perfectly use his powers to the full extent.

Could you show some evidence for that, based on his appearances in Dark X-Men # 1 & 2?  

@crimsonspider89 said:
    " He would be if he had full power. He went toe to toe with the Surfer while protecting and holding up the city. Sorry, that says it. "

Sorry, that says nothing. The Surfer dominated Cable from the get go. He took him down in his first offensive move in the entire fight, and that was while vastly holding back. Unless you think that the collateral damage produced by the Surfer while he was repelling Cable during their fight actually means anything to one whose power is sufficient to easily destroy planets.

@crimsonspider89 said:
    " Silver Surfer is not as strong as the Dark Phoenix and X-Man's power is that high  "

It was said to be that high. Can you produce an instant, not speculation, where he matched that level?

@crimsonspider89 said:
    " Cable is a different X-Man from a different timeline but without the TK/TP abilities, thus Cable is actually stronger than Silver Surfer. "

There is nothing Cable, or X-Man have done to place them above the Surfer. If you are so confident of your claims, please make the battle thread, and demonstrate how Cable, or X-Man would take the Surfer down. Cable even managing to compete with the Surfer in terms of reaction timing is bad writing in itself.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#236  Edited By Erik

Hope Summers is my bet. 

crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By crimsonspider89
    @Morpheus_:  I do not have those issues but Marvel stated in an interview that he perfectly knows how to use his powers in his return. On the preview for Dark X-Men #1. 

While Cable was holding and protecting a city. If not for the city, I am pretty sure that Cable would have dominated Silver Surfer. X-Man's power is greater than that of Vulcan and Vulcan went toe to toe with the Silver Surfer. Since Cable is X-Man but limited, Cable would have dominated him. 

The fact that his life was lower than the rest is saying he possess that much power. We have seen those who possess power equal to the Phoenix(not Dark Phoenix/White Phoenix) and they had normal lifespans. 

That is opinionated. Is Silver Surfer as strong as the Dark Phoenix? That is the extent of X-Man's and cured Cable's power at the most. 
    Carolina574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#238  Edited By Carolina574
    @Donnieman v5.1: I agree, might add scarlet witch though, but I guess they both kinda have similar powers
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By cracks
    @crimsonspider89 said:
    " I am not. But not to the extent of damage can. No idea about Rachel but she has lost her phoenix force. I said if she was not White Phoenix. X-Man does have there skill now with his return. He knows how to perfectly use his powers to the full extent.  Magneto can heal himself but the more he does it, the weaker his powers become. X-Man would unleash wave of wave of TK blasts and his TK can personify anyway he wants to. X-Man and Franklin Richards are two of the strongest mutants ever seen. Magneto could not take on Dark Phoenix and that is about X-Man's power level. Same for Cable at full power, Cable was able to protect and hold a city up while battling the Silver Surfer and they being equal. That is how strong X-Man is. Could Magneto go toe to toe with Silver Surfer? No, he could not and since X-Man is now skilled and knows how to use his powers, Magneto does not stand a chance. He is skilled and knows how to use his powers know which will be stated in Dark X-Men, Marvel has said so. "
    Yes, but Magneto has already dealt with powerful telekinetics before.  X-Man is rash and impetuous. This could lead to his downfall in future battles. The Silver Surfer was toying with Cable.  What would X-Man do when Magneto rips him in half?  Magneto has been shown to stop Earth from rotating.  Magneto has been able to yank satellites from outer space.  What can X-Man do to break or get through Magneto's shield? The electromagnetic force is one of the four fundamental forces of the Universe and Magneto has complete control over the electromagnetic force. 
    Avatar image for omega_level_supreme
    Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crimsonspider89 said:
    "He would be if he had full power. He went toe to toe with the Surfer while protecting and holding up the city. Sorry, that says it. Silver Surfer is not as strong as the Dark Phoenix and X-Man's power is that high and since Cable is a different X-Man from a different timeline but without the TK/TP abilities, thus Cable is actually stronger than Silver Surfer. "

Boo!
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By cracks
    @Omega-level Supreme said:
    " @crimsonspider89 said:
    "He would be if he had full power. He went toe to toe with the Surfer while protecting and holding up the city. Sorry, that says it. Silver Surfer is not as strong as the Dark Phoenix and X-Man's power is that high and since Cable is a different X-Man from a different timeline but without the TK/TP abilities, thus Cable is actually stronger than Silver Surfer. "
    Boo! "
    LOL. 
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By crimsonspider89
    @cracks: Magneto is not? I don't think you are calculating the fact that Magneto has not been able to rip other powerful Telekinetics in half without them being wore down or teamed up or emotionally troubled. I have stated this. EVERYTIME Magneto has defeated the Phoenix, it was after she was wore down, with help or she was emotionally troubled. X-Man can control more than magnetism and I believe that the Dark Phoenix did break through Magneto's electromagnetic shield with ease. X-Man could do the same and if Magneto throws anything at him, he will throw it back. X-Man's TK abilities are nearly infinite and are obviously on a molecular level. He could make illusions of him everywhere and make Magneto expend himself. The more Magneto uses his powers to the extent you talk about, the more he loses his powers and has megalomaniacal fits. His powers are limited in that matter, every great feat that you mentioned has either weakened, drained his powers, sent him into a coma, or caused him to go megalomanical. X-Man is not limited by his body unlike Magneto. That is why he would win.
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By cracks
    @crimsonspider89: One thing is for sure, that Magneto at full power could defeat Cable at full power. Magneto can manipulate the TO virus that Cable has and defeat him that way. 
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By crimsonspider89
    @cracks:  True. I agree. LOL, I am still unsure about Iceman's full power....
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By cracks
    @crimsonspider89: The only reason for that is Cable would probably burn out before Magneto would, while X-Man has the tattoo to prevent himself from burning out. Have we seen X-Man not burning out when he had the tattoo?  Also, if Cable did not have the TO virus, could he defeat Magneto?
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By crimsonspider89
    @cracks: Cable without the TO virus would be as strong as X-Man. The term burning out with X-Man refers to his lifespan being shorter. Psychics power has no physical limit. That is what makes it so dangerous. Pure power that is based on concentration and skill. Look at the Phoenix Force, pure psionic energy. 
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By cracks
    @crimsonspider89: Yet Rachel and Jean never had to worry about burning out, like X-Man or Cable.  Even Legion does not burn out. 

Apparently Apocalypse defeated X-Man in The Twelve. Not very impressive to me.
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By crimsonspider89
    @cracks:  Yeah but that is due to the Phoenix Force. Cable does not burn out due to the TO virus consuming his psychic abilities and Legion's powers are not all psionic unlike X-Man. Yeah, Apocalypse has defeated a lot of Omega level mutants before. I believe he defeated Legion in the Age of Apocalypse as well. That was when X-Man first appeared and was inexperienced.
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By cracks
    @crimsonspider89: X-man and Cable should have that as well, since they both are related to Jean However, they don't.  Apocalypse defeated Legion?
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By crimsonspider89
    @cracks:  I believe he did in AOA. Legion came back and tried to defeat Apocalypse but lost. Same way Apocalypse beat X-Man. Outsmarted him and outskilled him. 

The Phoenix Force has to choose them to accept it. I mean, it seems that there psionic powers are directly derived from the phoenix force. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.