Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Most powerful mutant

• 85 results
    golvellius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By golvellius

Gamesmaster is the most powerful male mutant, and Firestar is the most powerful female mutant.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By SirMethos

In no particular order:

Hope Summers

Rogue

Mimic/Exiles-Mimic

Synch

Other power mimics/absorbers.

Hope can copy the powers of any mutants within her range. That includes people like Franklin Richards, Jim Jaspers, etc.

Rogue can absorb/copy the powers of anyone she touches, including non-mutants. She has the biggest potential, since there's no known limit to how many people she can absorb.

Mimic/Exiles-Mimic can copy the powers of 5 people(including non-mutants). Originally at 50% power, that limitation seemed to be removed after he was augmented by Onslaught. Exiles-Mimic has copied the powers of Dark Phoenix, 'nuff said.

Synch can copy the powers of 1 mutant within his range, and on top of that, he gets mastery of that power set while he has it(i.e. he copies the powers, and uses them better than the original user).

Also, Onslaught is not a mutant.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By oraclefyre

I'd go with Scarlet Witch, Jean Grey and Magneto.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By KainScion
    X-Men Unlimited vol 2 #9
    X-Men Unlimited vol 2 #9
    KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By KainScion

@LimitlessPower: 6 is BS.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Roddy010

Alpha is the ultimate mutant....

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Redberry

IMO, Scarlet Witch could decimate the world world by 3 simple words.

Franklin Richard is pretty powerful himself.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Rickbarry

Magneto, guys!

Romulus9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Romulus9000

Bobby Drake is on the list for top ten most powerful mutants on the planet.

He is indestructible.

And they've never gone into this but i think he also is Immortal? He cant age. If his whole body is made out of ice organs and all then that means he can replentish old cells and make them new with surrounding water molecule. That means he cant age.

Iceman FTW

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By Hunter114

Jean Grey doesn't count... or at least I'd put it up for debate as she's a vessel for the Phoenix Force... so her powers (for the most part) are enhanced by an outside source...

I'd say it's probably Franklin Richards... but Hyperstorm should be... not because I like him that much or anything... just because he's the son of two of the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe (Franklin Richards and Rachel Summers) so it would seem logical

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#61  Edited By lorex

Based on displayed natural abilities my most powerful are:  Franklin RIchards, James Braddock, Legion, Xavier, Scarlet Witch, Magneto, Hope, Nate Grey and Storm.
    I did not Inclure Jean Grey because her natural powers are not on that level, and I do not accept the retcons stating she was always that strong.
    I did not include Cable as he has had the techno organic virus his whole life asside from a few moments he has never had access to his full powers. 
    Magik is not quite there in my opinion but if her magic and time manipulation develope/evolve she coud get on the list. 
    Iceman has been on the Omega list for a while list but only looks to be finally developing his powers further now but hs is not quite there yet.
    Several of you mentioned Jim Jasper. I admit I am not too farmilar with him so I will say no comment.
    For those of you that scoff at Magneto and Storm, well they can tap into and control powerful forces that left unchecked can destropy the world.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#62  Edited By Teerack

Franklin Richards is the most powerful mutant, and it's not even close.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Skaddix

Top Tier: Reality Warpers essentially so Franklin, Mad Jim Jaspers, Braddock and Legion

Next Tier: Top Energy Manipulators who are not reality Warpers, weak reality warpers and some top tier mimics like Hope, Darwin, Shaman Nate Grey, Vulcan, Exodus and Proteus.

Next Tier: High Level Energy Manipulators and Lesser Mimics: Characters like Magneto, Storm, Rogue, Mimic, Xavier, Iceman, Quire etc

Romulus9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Romulus9000

That's not a bad list but i feel like Storm and Iceman should be on Top Tier Energy Manipulators because they can create rather than manipulate. Like Pyro can manipulate fire but only fire that already exists. Storm and Iceman can literally make it happen and both of them could POTENTIALLY make large scale natural disasters happen.

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

Correct me if i'm wrong but I thought legion was said to be the most powerful mutant ?

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Skaddix

@Romulus9000 said:

That's not a bad list but i feel like Storm and Iceman should be on Top Tier Energy Manipulators because they can create rather than manipulate. Like Pyro can manipulate fire but only fire that already exists. Storm and Iceman can literally make it happen and both of them could POTENTIALLY make large scale natural disasters happen.

They are powerful but they don't have the depth of ability. Well Storm might at max potential. But Iceman is limited to controlling heat and water. Whereas a guy like Vulcan can manipulate any type of energy.

UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By UltraBiel

Franklin Richards!

LiquidNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue, power absorption trumps all when she touch you.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gethere: @thegreyoutcastx:

no a mutate is a genetically engineered human who possesses a latent x-gene (one that would likely be active in their offspring), who's latent mutancy is triggered. The best examples are the Genoshan slave-mutates, and several of the marauders - Vertigo at least for sure.

Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, Hulk, Ms Marvel, Luke Cage... and most of the others... are all Super-powered Humans. All of whom have had exposure to an toxic agent/chemical/alien energy source, that transformed them into super-human. None of them are mutates. (tho from sources its possible that Reed may have been a potential mutate, if he carries a STILL LATENT x-gene).

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skaddix said:

Top Tier: Reality Warpers essentially so Franklin, Mad Jim Jaspers, Braddock and Legion

Next Tier: Top Energy Manipulators who are not reality Warpers, weak reality warpers and some top tier mimics like Hope, Darwin, Shaman Nate Grey, Vulcan, Exodus and Proteus.

Next Tier: High Level Energy Manipulators and Lesser Mimics: Characters like Magneto, Storm, Rogue, Mimic, Xavier, Iceman, Quire etc

well listed. I would add Scarlet Witch to your 2nd tier. As much as i despise her utterly, she did warp all of reality pretty significantly - enough that it required the intervention of a cosmic entity to correct it. Xavier's files indicate that he believes she is a telekinetic with powers so phenomenal she warps atoms... its the tainting by chaos magic that causes the random results. Wanda could easily be more powerful than Magneto.

I would utterly remove Darwin from this list tho. He is not a mimic. He has a defensive, reactive, self-preservation ability. He's not dropping Magneto at any point. (unless he's still a Death God... then maybe... but that breaks the rules for this list.

I always think mimics should be excluded from these lists. Frankly Hope could barely duplicate Stryfe's powers without all-but dying... and he'd be on the same level rating as Nate Grey for sure - he's a confirmed Omega level mutant - if not for being a "clone." (personally i'd absolutely love to find out that Stryfe was always Maddie's son all along and not Cable... but that's just my anti-Cable bias showing).

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lorex said:

Based on displayed natural abilities my most powerful are: Franklin RIchards, James Braddock, Legion, Xavier, Scarlet Witch, Magneto, Hope, Nate Grey and Storm.

I did not Inclure Jean Grey because her natural powers are not on that level, and I do not accept the retcons stating she was always that strong.

I did not include Cable as he has had the techno organic virus his whole life asside from a few moments he has never had access to his full powers.

Magik is not quite there in my opinion but if her magic and time manipulation develope/evolve she coud get on the list.

Iceman has been on the Omega list for a while list but only looks to be finally developing his powers further now but hs is not quite there yet.

Several of you mentioned Jim Jasper. I admit I am not too farmilar with him so I will say no comment.

For those of you that scoff at Magneto and Storm, well they can tap into and control powerful forces that left unchecked can destropy the world.

Agreed with your list. And your reasons for excluding Jean. I agree completely about that retcon. Frankly it actually makes her look even weaker that they did it, and didn't go with the Phoenix power-up. As they also did with Rachel. I don't think Magik should even be on a list like this. Her powers come from the magic, not her mutant abilities. Teleportation and time travel are awesome powers... but they aren't going to destroy the planet (directly at least).

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#73  Edited By oldnightcrawler
    yeah, I'm a mutant
    yeah, I'm a mutant

I don't really care which one's the most powerful with so many being so powerful, but I think it's interesting everyone forgot about this guy:

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81: actually you have it wrong in regards to Jean. It's the retcon that is responsible for people thinking she is not that powerful. Pre retcon Phoenix was not a cosmic anything it was Jean code name and her Phoenix powers were her own powers at their fullest. In actuality the Phoenix clone thought it was Jean and thus was also pretending to be Jean with her full powers unleashed and was limiting its full power to pull this off, which is why it ate a star instead of just tapping the near unlimited power that we all know the Phoenix Force has at its disposal. So technically Jean is capable of doing the same things Green and Dark Phoenix did.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Franklin Richards - reality alteration on a cosmic scale.

High level telepaths/telekinetics tend to be able to do everything other energy manipulators can do, so they are high up there.

I'd put reality and time altering mutants with limited powers after that.

Then limited energy manipulators whose powers limited like Storm, Polaris, and Psylocke. Energy projectors like Cyclops, Havok, and Dazzler would be there, too.

Then the physical mutations last.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mad Jim Jaspers definitely

jean grey, scarlet witch, franklin richards, iceman also deserve honourable mentions oooh as does rogue if she every gets full mastery of her powers/

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gethere: @thegreyoutcastx:

no a mutate is a genetically engineered human who possesses a latent x-gene (one that would likely be active in their offspring), who's latent mutancy is triggered. The best examples are the Genoshan slave-mutates, and several of the marauders - Vertigo at least for sure.

Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, Hulk, Ms Marvel, Luke Cage... and most of the others... are all Super-powered Humans. All of whom have had exposure to an toxic agent/chemical/alien energy source, that transformed them into super-human. None of them are mutates. (tho from sources its possible that Reed may have been a potential mutate, if he carries a STILL LATENT x-gene).

http://marvel.wikia.com/Glossary:Mutate

A Mutate is a being who acquired a physical characteristic through exposure to one or more mutagenic agents such as chemicals or radiation. Superhumans who were not born with the potential to access their innate superhuman powers are mutates.

Mutates are typically characters that have been somehow genetically mutated in order to attain their superhuman abilities, for example by exposure to radiation or toxic waste, or through the bite of a genetically-engineered insect, et cetera.

WhineHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By WhineHaus

Jean Grey. Even without the Phoenix Force, she's shown massive power. Especially in the recent All New X-Men.

LiquidNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: think so but all she has to do is absorb franklin powers and the pheonix. She should be the most powerful. Onslaught would probably tremble.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOOOOOOL its funny when ppl dont know about the x-men and try to say the most powerful... here the list man:

Jean Grey (omega level no the cosmic entitie)

Frankling Richards

The Beyonder

Iceman

Jimmy Braddock

Mr M

It's "Jaime" Braddock, not "Jimmy". Seriously, if you're going to make fun of people who "don't know about the X-Men", at least try to get your own facts correct.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean Grey by far...the endgame of humanity is to become one with and replace the cosmic forces of reality. Only Jean has done that by way of mutation, she has reached the height of what mutation was introduced for by the Celestials. Franklin can make pocket universes and Legion can put them in a box, but Jean at the height of her power can palm real universes and manipulate them atom by atom and even control their past and destiny. Remember the difference between pocket universe and the real one.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squirrel Girl...........What? Don't look at me like that we all know it's true

i agree

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

HoM Scarlet Witch comes to my mind.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give Leech a flame thrower or a plasma canon and he'd be he last mutant standing, he already proved he can turn off the powers of mutants as powerful as Franklin.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.