Most powerful mutant

• 85 results
#1 Edited by sxgt (243 posts) - - Show Bio

I was in the comic shop today and my friend said Gambit was the most powerful mutant. He was of course excluding the phoenix force which is not a mutant. My first choice was to say Onslaught was the most powerful. Now I am not sure if X-man was a part of Onslaught or what ever but for this sake of this topic lets keep it to single persons, not fused people and base mutant powers; no added magic or cosmic power ups and naturally born not bio engineered like Alpha.

my short list

- Professor X

-Magneto

-Scarlet Witch

-Apocalypse

- Cable

- Franklin Richards ???

-The Isolationist ????

-Storm

-Jim Jaspers

#2 Posted by Invisible_Witch (312 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey

#3 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin.

#4 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

Squirrel Girl...........What? Don't look at me like that we all know it's true

#5 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

X-man was not merged with Onslaught. I would say Franklin is the most powerful by far. After him Nate but he wasn't naturally born

#6 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey. The Phoenix Force chose her because of her potential.

#7 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

X-man was not merged with Onslaught. I would say Franklin is the most powerful by far. After him Nate but he wasn't naturally born

Um...Nate was merged with Onslaught. Onslaught purposely absorbed Nate cause of three reasons: 1. Nate is a psionic dynamo (he has a surplus of psionic energy and constantly gathers it from the astral plane. It's kinda like how Alex and Scott are/where.), 2. He needed Nate's level of control that Nate got from being Jean's genetic offspring. 3. Nate had the memories of the AoA that Onslaught wanted to see. Plus it was always stated Onslaught had the powers of Xavier, Magneto, Franklin, and X-Man.

#8 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

mad james fasper or franklin

#9 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

As I said in another similar topic recently, according to the Official Marvel Handbooks, at full-power Hope and Omega are the most powerful mutants. The Phoenix Force stats were maxed out as well, so when it's with Jean presumably she is as well.

#10 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahhh you learn something new everyday.

#11 Posted by Solarflare32 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

Isolanist is not a mutant

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure this has been done before.

#13 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Pretty sure this has been done before.

Yeah. Less than a week ago too...

#14 Posted by AssertingValor (5457 posts) - - Show Bio

still dont get how franklin is a mutant...........

#15 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordMaverick said:

still dont get how franklin is a mutant...........

Franklin is a not a mutant via X-Gene, but do to cosmic radiation from his parents.

#16 Edited by AssertingValor (5457 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX: Is hulks son Skarr a mutant then?.......

#17 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordMaverick said:

@TheGreyOutcastX: if hulk had a kid, would it be mutant then?......

No, he would be a Hulk lol. Look at Skaar or Lyra, both of children of the Hulk and are not considered mutants.

#18 Posted by AssertingValor (5457 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX: it is odd that franklin is in his case...

#19 Posted by gethere (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX: Franklin does the have the x-gene it was stated he it was inhered from Reed.

@LordMaverick: Skaar is a mutate, a human ( or human-alien hybrid in this case) with super human ability that is not provied by an x-gene.

#20 Posted by windcaster (228 posts) - - Show Bio

Jonathan Richards a.k.a Hyperstorm

#21 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordMaverick said:

@TheGreyOutcastX: it is odd that franklin is in his case...

I'm sure others could explain why he's a mutant better than me.

#22 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@gethere said:

@TheGreyOutcastX: Franklin does the have the x-gene it was stated he it was inhered from Reed.

@LordMaverick: Skaar is a mutate, a human ( or human-alien hybrid in this case) with super human ability that is not provied by an x-gene.

When was it stated Franklin was a mutant via the X-Gene? I was always under the impression it was the result of the combined cosmic radiation mutations of Sue and Reed.

#23 Posted by windcaster (228 posts) - - Show Bio

I know  Franklin at least thinks he is a mutant because when the friends of humanity marched to utopia he ask his parents if they hate him too. And don't forget in a few alternate universes he is X-Man or in a  concentration camp for mutants.

#24 Posted by windcaster (228 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGreyOutcastX@windcaster said:
I know  Franklin at least thinks he is a mutant because when the friends of humanity marched to utopia he ask his parents if they hate him too. And don't forget in a few alternate universes he is X-Man or in a  concentration camp for mutants.
I meant for this to be a reply
#25 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@windcaster said:

I know Franklin at least thinks he is a mutant because when the friends of humanity marched to utopia he ask his parents if they hate him too. And don't forget in a few alternate universes he is X-Man or in a concentration camp for mutants.

Well, I know he identifies himself as a mutant and he was with the X-Men in DoFP where they deemed him a mutant, hmm.... well it only makes me want him to actually be an X-Man now.

#26 Posted by arcano_19 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

LOOOOOOL its funny when ppl dont know about the x-men and try to say the most powerful... here the list man:

Jean Grey (omega level no the cosmic entitie)

Frankling Richards

The Beyonder

Iceman

Jimmy Braddock

Mr M

#27 Posted by sxgt (243 posts) - - Show Bio

i was asking who is the most powerful naturally born mutant without cosmic power ups. Why is the beyond in your list he has not been confirmed mutant or human, he is inhuman.

#28 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Legion, James Braddock or Franklin based on Feats at least in 616. Or at least their powers have the broadest impact. Magik is pretty powerful when written correctly but most of that comes from her magic. Darwin is pretty powerful so is Vulcan, Nate Grey and NO TO Virus Cable.

#29 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (4426 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@windcaster said:

I know Franklin at least thinks he is a mutant because when the friends of humanity marched to utopia he ask his parents if they hate him too. And don't forget in a few alternate universes he is X-Man or in a concentration camp for mutants.

Well, I know he identifies himself as a mutant and he was with the X-Men in DoFP where they deemed him a mutant, hmm.... well it only makes me want him to actually be an X-Man now.

Just wanted add, that originally Xavier was a mutant because of his parents exposure to radiation, and he certainly has an X-gene, IIRC that is how they explained Beasts mutation in the beginning. When the mutant baby boom was happening Beast had several theories as to why so many mutants were being born and radiation was one of them. They really can't explain what causes the X-gene to activate, because it's a mutation and is supposed to be random anyway. Onslaught being able to abduct and use Frankilins powers cements his X-gene mutation, as Onslaught could not do this to non-mutants.

#30 Edited by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

I belive jean grey is the most powerful, but how can we decide? I mean, all mutants haven't been seen at full power! vulcan, nate Grey...

#31 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3629 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a toss up between Jean Grey and Franklin Richards, going based off of actual accomplishments & feats without hype.

#32 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin is an beyond omega mutant... so hell yeah.

#33 Posted by tootyghost (139 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman is by far the most powerful

#34 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@tootyghost said:

Spider-Man is NOT A MUTANT. He is a MUTATE. Two different things, friend.

#35 Posted by Death_From_Below (223 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with wolverine as far as the x-men series though even though magneto was bad*ss

#36 Posted by Rickbarry (1853 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not going to pick a telekinetic as most tend to annoy me.

It always has and will always be...

#37 Posted by Ninja_girl_x (35 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Scarlet Witch, after she changed the whole world in House of M.

#38 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@tootyghost said:

GTFO.

#39 Posted by Mutant God (3080 posts) - - Show Bio

Beyonder, so powerful he retcon himself

#40 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

How About Mimic from Exiles ? With the right cobination of power sets he could be the most powerfull mutant. Example. X-Man, Vulcan, M, Colossus and Wolverine. Bad A$$.

#41 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

Legion Hands Down.

#42 Posted by LimitlessPower (95 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Franklin Richards he is a mutant. he has power like PF without a power up

2) Jim Jaspers he was basically a demigod, respectively

3) Magneto Master of Magnetism, he beat up the x-men by himself, charles by himself, the avengers by himself, phoenix by himself

4) Professor X could mind rape you in alaska while drinking coffee and watching the news, you had to be prepared to battle him

5) Apocalypse he was just a genius really, his toys made him a threat

6) Storm given the correct writer she'll kick ass, should come after magneto but i don't know how well she would do against apocalypse, xavier would be hard but she could get him...possibly

7) Scarlet Witch was struck with mental illness, just talk about how worthless she is and vwalah! she'll lose focus

8) Cable never really seen him do anything great without his weapons

9) The Isolationist mimicking power does not mean one is powerful, to be powerful means to have control over that power

@RogueOracle: ehhhhh no lol gravity could be beaten by a number of marvel heroes but epoch chose him..i wonder why? Jean Grey was powerful, but she can't really match up with some of these people im sorry

#43 Posted by flexxx145 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@sxgt:

You forgot Vulcan: Gabriel Summers.

#44 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna add Gambit, with the right writer, he could be very powerful.

#45 Posted by MarvelGrey (243 posts) - - Show Bio

I know the lists are totally inconsistent but wasn't Apocalypse supposed to be the strongest?

1)Jamie Braddock

#46 Edited by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah but they will always add someone new.

Reality Warpers: Legion, Jamie Braddock, Franklin Richards, Mad Jim Jaspers (Max Level Are the Strongest)

Although hard to distinguish the next two categories.

Top Level Energy Manipualtors: Apocalypse, Vulcan, Nate Grey, Cable (No TO Virus), Gambit (New Son), Exodus, Isolationist (Lack of Feats), Darwin, Magik (If you want too count her spellcasting)

High Level Energy Manipulators: Magneto, Iceman, Storm, Mimic (assuming right powers)

#47 Posted by ArchAssassin (10 posts) - - Show Bio

in my opinion , apocalypse or rogue

#48 Posted by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Hope Summers - because if her powers would evolve she could have the powers of every single mutant on the earth - or Franklin Richard, because of what his adult counterpart has done against the Celestials and with Galactus... I don't think that Jean Grey has got their power level because without Phoenix she has never done the same thing that Franklin has done(reality manipulation, mental controlling Galactus...). Finally i think that, if Magik's powers would evolve she could become really, really strong(with time manipulation etc.)

#49 Posted by ArtGamer (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin Richards nuff said

#50 Posted by IKnowEverything (357 posts) - - Show Bio

fraaaannnkkklliiiinnnn

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.