Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Most Hated/Worst X-Men Story?

• 76 results
    poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

@koays: I dont know. Im a big Warpath fan and i didnt even enjoyed Necrosha. I just thougth that the story was going nowhere.

Damn!!^ I loved Necrosha! Selene is such a boss

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@koays said:

@koays BotA, money well wasted even the art was bad......o.o

I think BotA was pointless. But idk if it was as bad as everyone says. The beginning and middle were ok right up until the Real X-Men from the future showed up I was willing to give it a chance.

Are you serious???? i mean look at president dazzler, comes out of no where. Deadpool not wanting to go back/would rather die in the present????? No big changes except for kitty leaving with the o5. Jean dies for the millionth time. Emma loses the fight against old jean?????

I liked the idea of President Dazzler as the catalyst for a bad future. Xorn Jean dying wasn't that shocking. And I was more disturbed by Teen Jean winning then by a powerless Emma losing.

Deadpool thing doesn't make any sense especially since the future supposedly changed and we'll never know what he was scared of.

And Kitty and the O5 was one of the things that made it pointless.

everything was pointless

I think the event was a bit premature. It hyped an end to a plot that way barley developed. I think it was randomly made because of the X-men's 50th anniversary or something. Either way, I was disappointed mostly by Jean and Rachel not connecting on a deeper level. This Jean is A) Closer to being her mother than the one that died. B) She didn't leave when Kitty & Jean did.C) NOTHING significant happened between them. It's like they try so hard to keep the two separate.. Fail.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Eve of Destruction, E is for Extinction and Planet X, my hatred for these... stories is near-convulsing.

BOTA, of course. Schism, not the idea, but the way it was written. Emma Frost returning to work with Cyclops post-AVX. The Twelve was messy as s#it and the whole slow deconstruction of Apocalypse in whole.

Just from the top of my head.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: @poisonfleur@cheesesticks: I thought Necrosha was enjoyable because it sort of cemented Selene as a Apocalypse level force to be reckoned with. And on top of that, one of the biggest problems during the Utopia Era was that there were so many mutants there that there wasn't much in the way of legitimate threats to them on that Island. So for every dead mutant to show up and attack them, and for us to get moments like Emma/Hellions, Rogue/Blindfold/Destiny, and New Mutants/Cypher it sorta made up for the lack of development during the non event issues.

And honestly...I liked X-Men vs Vampires, Necrosha, X-Men vs Juggernaut (Fear It's Self?) and X-Men: Secret Invasion more then I liked Age of X. And that's probably a much better written story..

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@koays: ehh. That's a bit of stretch there. But all those stories you listed were decent with the exception of the vampires thing. That was so contrived and clearly a pathetic shot at bringing in the twilight genre of fans.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Hey X-Men vs Vampires may have been a clear marketing ploy. (that had a ubsurdly stupid amount of tie-ins) But any excuse for Utopia's army of X-Men to actually do something was appreciated. Especially when the X-Men are basically given free use of lethal force.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Eve of Destruction, E is for Extinction and Planet X, my hatred for these... stories is near-convulsing.

BOTA, of course. Schism, not the idea, but the way it was written. Emma Frost returning to work with Cyclops post-AVX. The Twelve was messy as s#it and the whole slow deconstruction of Apocalypse in whole.

Just from the top of my head.

Long time no post dude...

I'm with you on Schism. Aside from the team division, contrived argument over whether to run away or not, the stupid back and forth over the kids,.....the writer gave wolverine explosives powerful enough to blow the island up....but never considered using them on the giant sentinels coming to blow up the last mutant refuge.

@koays said:

@koays said:

@koays BotA, money well wasted even the art was bad......o.o

I think BotA was pointless. But idk if it was as bad as everyone says. The beginning and middle were ok right up until the Real X-Men from the future showed up I was willing to give it a chance.

Are you serious???? i mean look at president dazzler, comes out of no where. Deadpool not wanting to go back/would rather die in the present????? No big changes except for kitty leaving with the o5. Jean dies for the millionth time. Emma loses the fight against old jean?????

I liked the idea of President Dazzler as the catalyst for a bad future. Xorn Jean dying wasn't that shocking. And I was more disturbed by Teen Jean winning then by a powerless Emma losing.

Deadpool thing doesn't make any sense especially since the future supposedly changed and we'll never know what he was scared of.

And Kitty and the O5 was one of the things that made it pointless.

everything was pointless

I think the event was a bit premature. It hyped an end to a plot that way barley developed. I think it was randomly made because of the X-men's 50th anniversary or something. Either way, I was disappointed mostly by Jean and Rachel not connecting on a deeper level. This Jean is A) Closer to being her mother than the one that died. B) She didn't leave when Kitty & Jean did.C) NOTHING significant happened between them. It's like they try so hard to keep the two separate.. Fail.

Another 6 months. All they had to do was wait another 6 months where the O5 do something that makes it less of a no brainer to ship them back. As it stands, Kitty and Rachel just seemed silly trying to stop them from being shipped back home when they really hadn't formed much connection with these characters to justify standing up for them.

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AVX and AVX Consequences. I really hated. The reason is because xm are written like villains. I'm more like old School of when Xavier was their mentor and leading them to the right path. Ever since Xavier's gone the xm had split into different pieces. I don't like it at all. That's not the xm I grew up with.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By adamTRMM
    @koays said:

Long time no post dude...

I'm with you on Schism. Aside from the team division, contrived argument over whether to run away or not, the stupid back and forth over the kids,.....the writer gave wolverine explosives powerful enough to blow the island up....but never considered using them on the giant sentinels coming to blow up the last mutant refuge.

Yeah I was abroad, only to return and work my a$$ off right after lol

As for me, the less said about this "incident" the better, but since it is the only force that drives current flagship book how can we avoid this conversation?

If my memory serves me correctly, those silly children schooled Extinction team so Idie will be used to kill in the end? God, the amount of PIS, OOC, forced situations and decisions went too damn off scale, but anything naturally developed? Was there anything good about this "event"?

Schism was a very subtle subject to touch to begin with, then why the hell did they give it to somebody whose only experience with the X-comics was Wolverine's ongoing? Very objective I'd say. And today we also know that he was never a fan of the franchise, which explains a lot.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Schism was a very subtle subject to touch to begin with, then why the hell did they give it to somebody whose only experience with the X-comics was Wolverine's ongoing? Very objective I'd say. And today we also know that he was never a fan of the franchise, which explains a lot.

Smh. It just bothers me that with the ridiculous number of X-Men titles, they give writers who argue with the fandom or have a poor opinion/understanding of the franchise the ball on the major stuff. I mean Carey, David, Rucka...were they all busy or uninterested? It just seems like we get assigned "company men" instead of dedicated.... or better yet proven writers.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By adamTRMM

@koays:

I'm quite wordless this time, it's just pretty sad when quality stuff like X-force and X-factor get cancelled just because they're not mainstream enough despite being so much better that all of this current, directionless A-lister inter-trolling, that sells no matter how bad the writing is, like a brand and nothing more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

To me is AVSX

Start good

Uncanny X-Men want Phoenix heal Mutant Population and Avengers didnt want to Phoenix come to Earth because it has destructive power.

But middle and end werent that great

Avengers become good guys and Phoenix Five and X-Men (in some sort) become the villians

It was more about fights than actual reasing with both parties.

Phoenix Five forgot their goals and create more destruction and became power hungry.

Phoenix Five made the rest of X-Men their "slaves".

The end was ok, end with big cliché, Hope became PF host and pretty much "erased" almost everything that P5 did and Mutant population start to grow again, Wanda and Hope made Phoenix Force go away.

Then PF had their punishment, Avengers created one more group, Wolverine and X-men recive more mutants and X-Men and Avengers ´s relationship started to have some issues.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hated Schism. The problem is with writers who are huge fans of one character is that they focus too much on one character rather than focusing on the whole cast and I think that's where Schism sort of fail to really capture the motive of the story. Schism was so bad bad, but really bad as a horrific. Creating another event and split the X-Men.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

To me is AVSX

Start good

Uncanny X-Men want Phoenix heal Mutant Population and Avengers didnt want to Phoenix come to Earth because it has destructive power.

But middle and end werent that great

Avengers become good guys and Phoenix Five and X-Men (in some sort) become the villians

It was more about fights than actual reasing with both parties.

Phoenix Five forgot their goals and create more destruction and became power hungry.

Phoenix Five made the rest of X-Men their "slaves".

The end was ok, end with big cliché, Hope became PF host and pretty much "erased" almost everything that P5 did and Mutant population start to grow again, Wanda and Hope made Phoenix Force go away.

Then PF had their punishment, Avengers created one more group, Wolverine and X-men recive more mutants and X-Men and Avengers ´s relationship started to have some issues.

The thing is they were kind of banking on Cyclops coming out of this carrying all the weight.....which was a good thing really since they had so much planned for his character direction.... but if you read the issues looking for a reason why the X-Men are fighting you realize that they don't even really mention the fact that their trying to save their species. I think the closest we got to the X-men .stating their motivation was one person saying "mutants have suffered!".

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@koays: I dont mind if Cyclops being the "villian" or being the center of action. But to be fair they show both teams being the good guys, Uncanny X-Men wanted life (using PF to help Mutantkind) and Avengers trying to avoid death (because they fear PF´s destructive power because what happen with PF in past events) and we saw Storm leaving Avengers side to join Uncanny X-Men because she thinks PF could help Mutantkind. But after we just saw P5 being evil. betraying everyone even each other, making other people their "slaves" abusing their power and fightining without any reason. "Mutants have suffered" is cliché motive to fight for but it is better than nothing.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By EC2277

@poisonfleur said:

I don't claim to know the truth behind the choices of Bendis, but in "Avenger versus X-Men" Rachel was the Cyclops' infiltrator in the Jean Grey School and that event was wrote by Bendis. Therefore I think Rachel can be still the Cyclops' infiltrator in the JGS.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

I don't claim to know the truth behind the choices of Bendis, but in "Avenger versus X-Men" Rachel was the Cyclops' infiltrator in the Jean Grey School and that event was wrote by Bendis. Therefore I think Rachel can be still the Cyclops' infiltrator in the JGS.

A lot of people actually think that is a valid and interesting plot point. There's just heavy doubt that it will ever see light.

fridric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All since 15 years at least!

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Shebba

All New X men. I thought those timelines was ridiculously exageration and once again, fighting each other. I hated the fact that the Cuckoos left the JGS. Even thought they were weird students. I also didn't like when Cyclops wanted to take the students out of JGS to transfer them to Xavier's school only so they can be part of militants. This book was so hated and didn't like it that much in my opinion.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba: your the first person I've seen with those particular grievances against all new X-Men. I'm curious your opinion on Uncanny.

David_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By David_James

Schism and AvX.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By marvelfan1992

old man logan simply because of the fact that wolverine killing all the x-men in a fight by himself when probably half of them could take him solo is the biggest piece of bullshit ever written in the x-universe

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Invain

Bob Layton's X-Factor was awful. He essentially undid everything that had happened with the O5 in the last two decades and tried to bring them back to the 1960's. Simonson was a step up, but her dialog was always pretty bad. She made too many people sound the same. Her weak dialog was especially noticeable when she would do crossovers with Claremont's X-Men.

I hated Simonson's New Mutants. Her plots were boring and the characters became less three-dimensional.

Rob Liefield's X-Force holds the honor of being one of the worst comic runs that I've ever read.

I disliked almost everything from the end of Lobdell's first run until Grant Morrison's run. I didn't care for The Hunt for Xavier, The 12, Magneto War, or any other stories from the time period. Claremont's first return during that time was incredibly underwhelming. Lobdell's return was essentially a prelude of what he would become in DC.

Chuck Austin's X-Men had some of the most poorly written issues that I've read. Some of the things he did also made no sense.

I didn't like Fraction. I usually prefer reading about well written characters over "epic plots" and Fraction failed hard as a character writer.

I didn't like what Jason Aaron did in the X-books. I didn't like Schism, WatX, or AvX. I recently read some of his Wolverine solo comics, because watching Logan put me in the mood to read Wolverine, and they started out as average, but became pretty bad as well.

Bendis' All New X-Men was bad. Not only was the concept of the series stupid for a ongoing, but he also went on to write the characters poorly. The Guardian's of the Galaxy crossovers he did was some of the worst stuff that I have read from him.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: I bet you were relieved that Logan didn't go down that route.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DevilMayehm666: i literally did not watch until i got confirmation that wasn't how it went down in the movie lol

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

New X-Men, when Jean Grey was killed by the crap cosmic stroke

SuperAbrasax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on what I've read, I thought Onslaught was pretty cornball and poorly executed. AvX was also pretty lame.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.