Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Matthew Vaughn to return for First Class sequel

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

Well, this is nothing but good news. It sounds like 20th Century Fox is indeed moving forward with a sequel to last summer's X-Men First Class  as they've just hired a director for it. 

And it's Matthew Vaughn,  the same filmmaker who made the first First Class. "Fox has just closed a deal  with Matthew Vaughn to come back and direct the sequel to X-Men: First Class, with Simon Kinberg writing the script and Bryan Singer back as producer," according to Deadline

There was some concern that X-Men: First Class might not get a sequel as it was a modest, but not astounding success  at the box office. 

I am happy as I always find its best when a certain crew returns to work on a franchise.......it stays under one vision and we don't get stuff like Batman Forever and X3 The Last Stand

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By BatteredArmor

This time can he direct someone other than Magneto to do something worthwhile, tell me if he does otherwise I'll pass

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cattlebattle
    @BlackArmor said:

This time can he direct someone other than Magneto to do something worthwhile, tell me if he does otherwise I'll pass

You no like first movie??
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

X-Men: First Class was amazing. This pleases me.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BatteredArmor

@cattlebattle said:

@BlackArmor said:

I view First Class like the first G.I Joe movie it had one good character doing one good thing, however in G.I Joe at least everyone else wasn't background. I liked it when Magneto killed the Nazi's other than that it wasn't really worth my time, the story was predictable only 3 characters had any consistent characterization, they killed the black guy despite the fact that he was immortal, I've seen the special effects before, they screwed continuity worse than anything I've ever seen, the jokes weren't funny, Beast and Havok's powers looked terrible and once again it screwed continuity worse than anything I've ever seen, maybe even more than Origins, and I don't just mean comic continuity the whole movie ignored the movie continuity despite the fact that it wasn't a confirmed reboot and some people even flat it called it a prequel. Finally two good actors don't make a movie they make a scene and the movie only had 1 to 2 good scenes. I understand that some people loved this movie and I understand why I just want more than 1 character worth talking about when I pay the price of admissions

Avatar image for stormtrance1618
    stormtrance1618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By stormtrance1618

I have yet to see the first one. Perhaps I should?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cattlebattle
    @BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle said:

@BlackArmor said:

, they killed the black guy despite the fact that he was immortal

You are aware Darwin dies in the comics too right?? 

@BlackArmor said:

once again it screwed continuity worse than anything I've ever seen, maybe even more than Origins, and I don't just mean comic continuity the whole movie ignored the movie continuity despite the fact that it wasn't a confirmed reboot and some people even flat it called it a prequel. 

They only continuity not followed was the things Xavier told Wolverine in the beginning of the first X-Men movie about meeting Erik when he 17 and Magneto helping build Cerebro, other than that nothing was that horribly off..........................after all, you want to talk about prequels that screwed continuity defer to Star Wars
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BatteredArmor

@cattlebattle said:

@BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle said:

@BlackArmor said:

, they killed the black guy despite the fact that he was immortal,

You are aware Darwin dies in the comics too right??

@BlackArmor said:

once again it screwed continuity worse than anything I've ever seen, maybe even more than Origins, and I don't just mean comic continuity the whole movie ignored the movie continuity despite the fact that it wasn't a confirmed reboot and some people even flat it called it a prequel.

They only continuity not followed was the things Xavier told Wolverine in the beginning of the first X-Men movie about meeting Erik when he 17 and Magneto helping build Cerebro, other than that nothing was that horribly off..........................after all, you want to talk about prequels that screwed continuity defer to Star Wars

I'll admit I was unaware of the Darwin thing but honestly that was a minor complaint, I kinda saw the death of Darwin coming with the brief amount of time they killed the character, it's the way they did it that's annoying what they killed him with would never have been enough to do him in and even if it had why did he just stand there while somebody pushed an energy blast down his throat? The character was sacrificed as a cheap ploy to get the other characters to be series, considering that they eventually dropped back into more joking roles this was unnecessary, Darwin was only there so they could say they had a black guy and s they had a cheap sacrifice.That aside there was a heavy deal of continuity ignored there is actually a 3 minute video explaining it all, I'll try to find it.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cattlebattle
    @BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle said:

I'll admit I was unaware of the Darwin thing but honestly that was a minor complaint, I kinda saw the death of Darwin coming with the brief amount of time they killed the character, it's the way they did it that's annoying what they killed him with would never have been enough to do him in and even if it had why did he just stand there while somebody pushed an energy blast down his throat? The character was sacrificed as a cheap ploy to get the other characters to be series, considering that they eventually dropped back into more joking roles this was unnecessary, Darwin was only there so they could say they had a black guy and s they had a cheap sacrifice.That aside there was a heavy deal of continuity ignored there is actually a 3 minute video explaining it all, I'll try to find it.

As you said, Darwin wasn't that pivotal anyways, so his death was minor.....also, whether he was black or white, one character had to die and one character had to join Shaw for story progression...I imagine Angel and Darwin were chosen due to them being lesser known out of all the kids 

I have seen the video...It primarily points out the things Xavier told Wolverine in X-Men 1, nothing that altering
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BatteredArmor

@cattlebattle: I agree that Darwin's race was irrelevant but he kinda represent my overall point 2 good actors doesn't make a movie and up until his death Darwin hadn't been any less developed than anyone else and the only additional development anyone else got after his death was during the training and about for a minute each during the battle. They didn't develop their characters on either side and the story (which was between mediocre and tolerable) and effects don't redeem the film. I'm glad you already saw the video because that thing is impossible to find

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle
    @BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle: I agree that Darwin's race was irrelevant but he kinda represent my overall point 2 good actors doesn't make a movie and up until his death Darwin hadn't been any less developed than anyone else and the only additional development anyone else got after his death was during the training and about for a minute each during the battle. They didn't develop their characters on either side and the story (which was between mediocre and tolerable) and effects don't redeem the film. I'm glad you already saw the video because that thing is impossible to find

I believe the video originated from IGN, it is likely on that site 

Well, the development works like any other movie with a large cast, basically, the movie isn't going to be 3 hours so not everyone is going to get a good amount. Shaw, Mystique,Magneto and Xavier were the focal part of the story and they were well developed, It does suck that not everyone is going to get a good amount of screen time but in the case of the X-Men all the characters have such a deep, convoluted history even if they had more screen time people would still be pining that it wasn't enough

I'm no CGI buff or anything but I had not noticed any problems with the effects, I thought they looked good
    Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
    The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Did he mention anything about Kick-Ass 2?

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BatteredArmor

@cattlebattle said:

@BlackArmor said:

I believe the video originated from IGN, it is likely on that site Well, the development works like any other movie with a large cast, basically, the movie isn't going to be 3 hours so not everyone is going to get a good amount. Shaw, Mystique,Magneto and Xavier were the focal part of the story and they were well developed, It does suck that not everyone is going to get a good amount of screen time but in the case of the X-Men all the characters have such a deep, convoluted history even if they had more screen time people would still be pining that it wasn't enough I'm no CGI buff or anything but I had not noticed any problems with the effects, I thought they looked good

Fair reasons but it still ruins the movie for me, like I said in my second post I understand why people like it it just doesn't do anything for me, also nothing wrong with the effects I've just seen them before my brackets were in regards to the story

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cattlebattle
    @BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle said:

Fair reasons but it still ruins the movie for me, like I said in my second post I understand why people like it it just doesn't do anything for me, also nothing wrong with the effects I've just seen them before my brackets were in regards to the story

Of course, I would never expect to magically change your mind...people like what they like and I respect your opinion. I just feel the X-Men movies get blasted wrongfully because it makes people feel knowledgeable of X-Men or cool or something...I mean Nolans Batman movies aren't exactly literal adaptions of the comic either, but everyone just stays quiet and enjoys them. Then, on the other end, the X-Men fans are complaining that James Marsden is not tall enough to play Cyclops................sheesh
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.