Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Marvel's treatment of the X-Men

Dmarvelous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dmarvelous1

Is anyone besides me tired of the way Marvel treat the X - characters? How many gods and aliens have the Avengers had on their team with the power to destroy the earth (Sentry), and that's OK. During the Onslaught Saga the "Mighty Avengers" had to come and beat the big evil mutant. Where were they when mutants were annihilated in Genosha. Where was the outrage when the Scarlet Witch nearly wiped out an enter race. Now that Cyclops is the big evil mutant, what next.

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Nightcrawler23

Meh. The Avengers are villainous in x-books and vice verca

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Osian2

@Dmarvelous1 said:

Is anyone besides me tired of the way Marvel treat the X - characters? How many gods and aliens have the Avengers had on their team with the power to destroy the earth (Sentry), and that's OK. During the Onslaught Saga the "Mighty Avengers" had to come and beat the big evil mutant. Where were they when mutants were annihilated in Genosha. Where was the outrage when the Scarlet Witch nearly wiped out an enter race. Now that Cyclops is the big evil mutant, what next.

What's next is all the most popular x-men become Avengers. It's already happening, with Uncanny Avengers Beast, Wolverine, Storm, Havok and Rogue will all be Avengers with more planned.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4  Edited By x_29

Avengers vs X-men is doing an outstanding job in making me hate the avengers and not wanting to read their upcoming books.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @x_29 said:

Avengers vs X-men is doing an outstanding job in making me hate the avengers and not wanting to read their upcoming books.

I don't think I will be reading the upcoming books either since it seems to come at the expense of the X-Men.
    x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6  Edited By x_29

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@x_29 said:

I don't think I will be reading the upcoming books either since it seems to come at the expense of the X-Men.

I'll probably check em out if someone uploads them on youtube, but i will not pay for them. As a new comic book reader myself, thats not good for Marvel.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By papad1992

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@x_29 said:

I'm defiantly in the same boat here... This event totally changed my views of how Marvel treats characters... They just don't give a sh*t!!

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nightcrawler23

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@x_29 said:

Yes, MARVEL should've been more random in their winner/loser philosophy. They could've at least let the fans vote, or maybe, take a more Civil War approach to things. The conflict could've ended in the Avengers defeated brutally, and the mutant race brought back as a species, only to have the phoenix turn on them at the last second, and possess the mutant race, before being defeated by the Avengers. No one wins. No one loses. Castastrophe avoided.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By slimlim

Its all about $$$. If X-Men First Class had made major box office money instead of Avengers, we would be seeing a very different AvX. In their eyes, making the X-Men into Avengers is their way of making the X-Men noticed by a larger audience. Avengers fans as well as comic noobs that spill over from the success of the films.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Nightcrawler23 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@x_29 said:

Yes, MARVEL should've been more random in their winner/loser philosophy. They could've at least let the fans vote, or maybe, take a more Civil War approach to things. The conflict could've ended in the Avengers defeated brutally, and the mutant race brought back as a species, only to have the phoenix turn on them at the last second, and possess the mutant race, before being defeated by the Avengers. No one wins. No one loses. Castastrophe avoided.

I agree with all this. I wished that this event would had a no winners, no losers turnout instead of making one side the bad guys.
    Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think specific creative teams dislike the idea of heroes and as a result don't know how to either fit the 'super' part into the term 'superheroes' or don't understand how turning every hero into an idiot or an antihero with no villains besides each other undermines the franchise. For example, I think Bendis can write street levellers, but just isn't that good at dealing with superpowered characters nor does he have much respect for what most fans like about their favorite heroes. Most of the major crossovers he's written revolves around the same idea of superheroes fighting each other to the point where I don't even remember the last serious set of villains that needed a crossover/team up to bring them down. I think some writers take the concept of building people up to break them down to an extreme where they don't bother building characters up, because they are so anxious to have them fall apart, become insane or resort to villainy. Then, they pat themselves on the back for being edgy. Unfortunately, after all of these mega events, I actually think the fans buying the books don't like the superheroes, either, so they keep supporting bad storylines just for the splash pages.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By poisonfleur

Marvel is just kissing the Avengers @$$'s right now because they don't have the X-men's movie rights and they have the Aveneger's movie rights currently. Not to mention they just dropped a pretty successful movie.

Not only have they weakened the Phoenix and made the x-men look like crappy fighters, they made the Avengers the heroes and the X-men the villains.

I feel disrespected as an X-men fan. Not to mention my favorites: Storm, Magneto, and Psylocke got Molly-Whopped. Smh.... So you know I am disappointed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.