Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Marvel's Next Big Event: X-Men Vs. The Avengers

Avatar image for omertalvendetta
    Omertalvendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 6

#151  Edited By Omertalvendetta

@NexusOfLight said:

"Not another event!"

"So tired of events!"

"Marvel's recycling ideas."

"Bendis on this? Pass."

"This is why I'm reading DC."

Come on people, we all know you'll buy it. Then you'll read it. Then you'll tell your friends about it. Then you'll come off fronting how the event was somehow worse than the last one and claim to swear off Marvel titles while telling your friends with hopes of sounding like this super cool elitist or whatever, then go through the same thing when the 2013 event comes out. You ain't foolin' nobody but yourselves. Marvel knows you'll be buying it. You've been buying it, so they have absolutely no reason not to put out events every year.

Maybe one day you'll realize the best thing to do is stop and actually support the good stories Marvel puts out. (Shoutouts to Journey Into Mystery, Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers Academy, and Future Foundation/Fantastic Four.) Shoot, you could even swear off of Marvel altogether and go indy where the real goodness is at. (Shoutouts to Radical, Top Cow, Image, Boom, and Vertigo).

Worst part is, you guys probably already know this, but you'll still end up buying it just so you can keep up with what's current in Marvel as opposed to reading a comic that you legitimately enjoy, but it's all good. Keep doin' what you do best. Support the things you hate so they can keep coming while you let the good things you probably would enjoy more get canceled. It's the same song an' dance that's been goin' on for at least a decade now.

That said, I'm legitimately excited for this event.

THIS IS ALL I WAS GOING TO SHOUT AT EVERYONE WHINING THAT IT'S ANOTHER EVENT!!

CombatSpoon86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#152  Edited By CombatSpoon86

I'll stick to Daredevil, Punisher, Uncanny X-force, T-bolts, FF/F4, Venom, Secret Avengers and Winter Soldier than read another marvel event or any other event for that matter.

punkpuppy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By punkpuppy3

anyone else feel a Generation Hope and Young Avengers fight coming with this?

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@Owie said:

This could actually be decent. At least the basic premise is simple. Heroes fighting; I can deal with that. Unless the writing sucks...hmmm...who's writing it? Oh. Still, fingers crossed.

This sounds right.  Will be intresting to keep an eye on, won't buy, but will watch.   DD gonna be in this?
    Rixec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#155  Edited By Rixec

I think it's more accurate to say it's Cyclops's X-Men vs the Avengers.

Havik86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Havik86

Is another super hero war necessary? With all the creative "talent" listed, is this really the best story Marvel could come up with? All the "Marvel Architects" on one project and the best premise they could think of was "let's make the Avengers fight the X-men?" I'll pay attention to this, but there's no chance of me buying it monthly. Maybe I'll get the trade when it's all said and done, but the last few years have left me with no confidence in Marvel's yearly events.

hellogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By hellogan

Might be interesting... Wonder what Storm will do? And I didn't think Wolverine was that disgruntaled about leaving the team? lol

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#158  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Rixec said:

I think it's more accurate to say it's Cyclops's X-Men vs the Avengers.

They're the only X-Men that matter. 
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By goldenkey

it's about time that this rematch finally happened. Why does it always seem like Bendis is always on something people have been anticipating for a while. Im wondering why Remenders name is not included with how hot he is right now. Doesn't matter. I'll be looking forward to Bendis and Fraction together. Oh, and I bet Cable has something to do with this, and Im going to with the Avengers winning because of Bendis's involvement and made the Avengers top the X-men for the first time in over a decade. He always said that it doesn't make sense for the Avengers not to be #1

DKing_CiCADA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#160  Edited By DKing_CiCADA

I agree with everyone on the "another event" comments. BTW Aaron yes, Bendis Boo

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#161  Edited By lorex

The Phoenix Force coming back is interesting. That coupled with Cables return and Hopes likely involvement gives me reason to be partially optomistic. X-Men and Avengers fighting each other is not very compelling for me.

Few items:

- If the conflict is about the Phoenix Force looking for a new host and the Avengers trying to prevent anyone from attaining that power putting them in comflict with X-Men who are protecting Hope or possibly Jean I could live with.

- If the Avengers are enforcing some new registration act against mutants I will be pissed.

- I will be extremely dissappointed if Wolverine, Beast and/or Storm side with the Avengers over the X-Men.

- Hoping there will not be any tie in, one shots or side stories but I doubt it.

- I hope there will be strong involvement from characters that might not be getting too much attention reciently, both from the Avengers and the X-Men. Thinking Ms Marvel, Iceman and Dazler.

- If Cyclops is beaten, maybe this will be the push that moves him to become more Magneto like and he creates his own team of Acolytes or something similar.

- One thing I think could be interesting if they are going to do the whole X-Men vs Avengers thing anyway would be an encounter/clash between the Avengers Acamedy and the Young X-Men.

I don't really want some battle between the X-Men and the Avengers to be Marvels next big event but as they never seem to care what I think I will say I am on Team X-Men.

Avatar image for lectriccolossus
    lectriccolossus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By lectriccolossus

I dont know whats more upsetting, another crossover event or the return of the phoenix? Seriously, wheres the creativity, it feels like the x-men are just in a cycle. The only thing interesting thats happened out of these events is colossus with the powers of cyttorak, cyke and wolvi fighting and mr. sinister and the celestial?

sigh

blastaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By blastaar

Why everyone complain about Marvel's "events?" Boo-hoo another event, so what? I love events! Bring 'em on Marvel!

drkBEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By drkBEAST

I firmly believe that whether people like it or not, they're still going to read it. That being said, I'm siding with the X-men on the win for this event. I just like them better and if the writers GET IT RIGHT they will tap into the potential of these characters; hopefully tip the odds in their favor. And I wouldn't read into the composition of the characters on the promo too much.

A) I really hope that Wolverine, Beast, and Storm remember where they came from.

B) According to those articles posted on this thread earlier, Hope is looking like the main contender to host the Phoenix Force. Even though I'm rooting for the X-men, I think its stupid for Cyclops to believe that Hope can maintain control over the power of the Phoenix Force for any extended duration of time. I dunno whats up with that. Whats his plan?

C) Will the conclusion of the Magneto: Not a Hero mini-series play a part in the build up towards this event?

With Bendis on this do you really think the X-men are going to come out on top? I HIGHLY DOUBT IT. Please prove me wrong!

DChero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By DChero

I think this is just another event to make cyclops look like the bad guy again or just look like a d$%k cause everyone hates cyclops of course -_-. I am pretty sure the avengers are gonna win even though the x-men clearly have the stronger team. and their gonna show cap standing over cyke's beaten up body for the "kick ass" moment saying some corny words. MAN marvel hates them some cyclops lol. Im still getting this though...if i have the money for 12 issues! team x-men.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#166  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@lectriccolossus said:

I dont know whats more upsetting, another crossover event or the return of the phoenix? Seriously, wheres the creativity, it feels like the x-men are just in a cycle. The only thing interesting thats happened out of these events is colossus with the powers of cyttorak, cyke and wolvi fighting and mr. sinister and the celestial?

sigh

I agree about the whole Colossus being the Juggernaut and Mr. Sinister coming back being the only interesting things that's happened with the X-Men so far. Everything else that's happened is like a repeat of the older comics, which is not too bad, but there's barely any originality going on. I hope that Marvel gets a really good story out of Colossus being the new Juggernaut and Mr. Sinister's motives for coming back.

daredeville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By daredeville

@Omertalvendetta said:

@NexusOfLight said:

"Not another event!"

"So tired of events!"

"Bendis on this? Pass."

Come on people, we all know you'll buy it. Then you'll read it. Then you'll tell your friends about it. Then you'll come off fronting how the event was somehow worse than the last one and claim to swear off Marvel titles while telling your friends with hopes of sounding like this super cool elitist or whatever, then go through the same thing when the 2013 event comes out. You ain't foolin' nobody but yourselves. Marvel knows you'll be buying it. You've been buying it, so they have absolutely no reason not to put out events every year.

Maybe one day you'll realize the best thing to do is stop and actually support the good stories Marvel puts out. (Shoutouts to Journey Into Mystery, Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers Academy, and Future Foundation/Fantastic Four.) Shoot, you could even swear off of Marvel altogether and go indy where the real goodness is at. (Shoutouts to Radical, Top Cow, Image, Boom, and Vertigo).

Worst part is, you guys probably already know this, but you'll still end up buying it just so you can keep up with what's current in Marvel as opposed to reading a comic that you legitimately enjoy, but it's all good. Keep doin' what you do best. Support the things you hate so they can keep coming while you let the good things you probably would enjoy more get canceled. It's the same song an' dance that's been goin' on for at least a decade now.

THIS IS ALL I WAS GOING TO SHOUT AT EVERYONE WHINING THAT IT'S ANOTHER EVENT!!

I third this sentiment.

And good picks, generally, I personally would add Daredevil, Brubaker's books, Invincible Iron Man, Uncanny X-Force, S.H.I.E.L.D. ... I'm unsure how I'm liking F4/FF ... (big Inhumans fan, here..)

I am generally trying to be stricter with dropping books that are no longer interesting me. I give certain books a chance when there are changes, and new line-ups, etc. ... but generally stick with my favorite creators.

(Brubaker, Gage, Remender, Fraction, Slott, sometimes Aaron, Hickman, sometimes Bendis ...)

People really have to chill the complaints, and if they aren't enjoying it, then don't buy it!

Poor Matt Fraction worked his ass off to get Fear Itself put together, and whether you liked the story or not, people kept buying it... and it increased in sales. So even if there was a lot of complaining, you kept on reading it.

Go listen to his interview on Word Balloon, he states exactly what this guy is saying above.

My advice:

1. Follow the writers you like best.

2. Buy some Vertigo $1.00 1st issues.

3. Drop stuff you are not enjoying.

SemiBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By SemiBlue

From what I can tell the three main reading groups are: Spider-Man, Avengers, X-Men and each get their respective marvel universe event: Spider-Island, Fear Itself, A vs X. The main group within its own arc combines related titles, while the other groups have teaser tie-ins.  Since I read from the X-men group, I have no knowledge of events in spider-island or fear itself, aside from the few ties-ins I chose to buy. Now this X-men huge event feels like Spidey/avengers invading my x-titles. 

Yes the premise sounds epic, though pretty simplistic (they're arguing again on something that's most likely baseless), And I would prefer they have a final resolution to the Phoenix Force though I thinks that's asking for too much. I still feel this is a gimmick to get people to read about other characters and hopefully start buying their titles. So for the most part I will ignore anything that isn't directly related to the tiles I like.

fivestarga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By fivestarga

Heroes vs Heroes again...nice.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#170  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Or35ti said:

12 issues? Damn then it sounds pretty good. I'll probably pick it up in trade tho. Question tho, whose side will Storm and Wolverine be on?

Looking at the image, Storm is fighting against Iron Man so Storm is with the X-Men. BUt Wolverine looks like he is siding with the Avengers.

I think the issue for this even is that Avengers want to handle the situation but the X-Men doesn't want to.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#171  Edited By saoakden

Man the Avengers & the X-Men can't catch a break can they?

I wonder what set this big battle off. Not to mention that the Avengers are suppose to fight Cable soon. Maybe what Cable was saying how the Avengers must die must be refering to this.

Other than that this should be an interesting battle. Whats next? The Avengers fighting some of Iron Man's enemies or a another Armor Wars or the Sinister Six? I'm noticing that The Avengers have been fighting some of their teammates Friends & Foes lately in a big storyline like Osborn (Spider-Man), Serpernt (Thor), SIn, Red Skull's daughter(Captain America), Cable (X-Men), the Dark Avengers

I think Deadpool or Spidey would make a joke about the many many many Marvel Events.

fury714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#172  Edited By fury714

Hmm I wonder if this one is gonna have side issues too besides the 12-issue series. =/ But im definitely picking this one up. Im going with the Avengers with this one. Also, Emma looks really good in that poster. :D

fivestarga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By fivestarga

Well no matter how this all turns out Cyclops has and will always be the man.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Eyz

..just in time for the Avengers movie, I believe :P

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#175  Edited By DMC

Well...now that I think about it, at least Avengers vs X-Men seems more straight forward and honest compared to Fear Itself which started as a Thor/Cap story that they disguised as an event and marketed (initially) as some kind of character analysis/take on real world events story.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#176  Edited By DATNIGGA

I find it funny how they level thor out of every brawl -___- guess hes too strong

CrimsonTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#177  Edited By CrimsonTempest

Honestly, this is a grade-A predictable. Two superhero teams fighting each other? What? The X-Men got tired of beating on the Hellfire Jr. Club? Are Osborn's new Dark Avengers that much of a pushover, or did Wonder Man's Revengers collapse like a house of cards?

The fact that Marvel's forcibly inserting Bendis (again), is predictable, but it's about high time Marvel recognized Hickman, so there's one small positive, along with the induction of Brubaker.

But even then, this reeks of the same old tactics Marvel's desperately clinging on to as they struggle to stay relevant in the comic book industry. Which leads me to ask this; is DC's New 52 tactic that successful that Marvel has to respond by forcing two of its premiere superhero teams against each other? This is about as pointless since Avengers: Disassembled. 

With that said, make mine DC. I'll be enjoying Swamp Thing and Flash as they reach their 8th issue by the time this fiasco starts in April, and only spend $3 for each book, as opposed to investing at least $40 for a crossover event with unnecessary tie-ins, convoluted storylines, and forgettable action scenes. That's how they did with Fear Itself.

Rixec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#178  Edited By Rixec

@FadeToBlackBolt: Um, Wolverine's X-Men. The book is awesome, hilarious, and shows the typical problems of a Marvel character. At least he knows better than to send his team to fight the Avengers, rather, he's working with them.

Avatar image for victoriancuckoo
    victoriancuckoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#179  Edited By victoriancuckoo

oh. They should try something like New 52.

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#180  Edited By jubilee042

another event .....boring(but everyone is still gonna pick it up)

is wolvie attacking emma and beast attacking storm?

Spartacux_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Spartacux_23

Well, either it will be awesome or it will suck...

And good luck to find an other idea for 2013 event

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#182  Edited By unicornpuncher

@NexusOfLight said:

"Not another event!"

"So tired of events!"

"Bendis on this? Pass."

QFT. Im actually kind of excited for this event. The last time they did an xmen vs avengers it was in the 1980s

jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By jcbart

I'm actually really looking forward to this event. There are so many factors that come into play here. Obviously the first is, the X-Men are split anyway, so are they rejoining to fight a bigger evil AKA The Avengers?

The Scarlet Witch is back. Will she have anything to do with this? We saw something of a smaller scale happen in Children's Crusade, so it's possible.

Beast is in Secret Avengers and Wolverine is in New Avengers, will this be a factor? Also take note that Wolverine is also in X-Force, with that and SAvengers both being written by Rick Remender, something may tie in. Also, Storm is an Avenger now. What side will she choose?

The Phoenix Force is returning, so obviously that will play a part. Is something going to happen to Hope and will another House of M occurrence happen ala, "mutant female with terrific power and one superhero team wants to 'deal' with her whilst the others are sworn to protect her'.

Cable is back and after The Avengers. Could it be because he's seen the future and they try to kill Hope?

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Larkin1388

Good Lord! Fraction and Bendis on the same title? I can't even look at it.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#185  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Can't say I'm going to pick this up to be honest.

Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Iron_Lad

This is going to be EPIC! The Scarlet Witch, The Phoenix Force, X-Men vs. Avengers. Who can honestly say they are not going to pick one up? Pure awesome.

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#187  Edited By deadpool25mm

Marvel please make this good !!

nbradsher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By nbradsher

@DATNIGGA: Well, he's dead so...

XmenKICKass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By XmenKICKass

Cyclops and his Extinction Team is pretty much unstoppable, especially with Thor out of the picture. Cyclops embodies the idealistic mission of Charles as well as the "we aren't taking sh*t anymore" attitude of Magneto, and the team he has assembled are all TOP TIER Mutants. I mean, Magneto was beating up on the X-Men for years....BY HIMSELF, and with the White Queen and her Diamond Form and Telepathy, King Namor (Nuff Said), the NEW JUGGERNAUT/COLOSSUS (I'm the JUGGERNAUT B*!%CH!), and the rest of Utopian Mutants, Cyclops wouldn't even need to pop off any shots. Lets just get real, who do the Avengers have that poses any REAL threat to the X-Men......Captain America?...Spiderman?.....even...Wolverine? Cyclops nearly defeated Wolverine HIMSELF in Schism, and we shouldn't forget when Magneto said enough is enough with this overly hyped honey badger and ripped all the adamantium out Wolvies little body and tossed him aside like a rag doll. This "battle" can be won with two X-Men...Magneto and Namor. and this is how is happens.....Magneto CRUSHES Iron Man to death. He AGAIN rips out ALL of Wolverines adamantium putting the little guy out for the count for quite a while. He then takes Caps shield out of the air and smacks everyone around with it for fun for a little while. After he becomes bored and ready for his afternoon tea, he uses all the metal he has collected from the "Avengers" and packages all of the "Avenger" into a nice little adamatium box with a "suit of Iron" bow and tosses the little Avenger box into the air to his buddy Namor who takes that little present to the bottom of the ocean. Cyclops goes back to playing Angry Birds and his Iphone, Magneto sips his tea, and the White Queen didn't even chip a nail. Game Over.

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#190  Edited By The Mast

What bothers me is that nobody will lose.

If there's going to be a huge punch-up, I want to see a winner. That's the point. I don't wanna see a cop-out ending of them bonding together to fight a bigger enemy. I want someone to win, someone to lose. That's it. If they have to stop the Phoenix Force, let The Avengers do it. Let them kill someone if need be. Let someone LOSE.

Civil War's ending got away with it, albeit abruptly, but that cannot happen here. I hate cop-out fights. I wanna see who would win in a hand-to-hand fight out of Cyke and Cap (Cap). I wanna see all these things.

I usually cave, and I still may, but if I do then it will be to the trade, or if I hear great things.

Let's not write the event off, but let's make Marvel prove it's worth our time with the actual comics, not the teasers or the premise.

Symarip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Symarip

i lol'd

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#192  Edited By moviegeek17

i got an idea marvel, how about i pay you four dollars a month to NOT make anymore events?

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By The Mast

Marvel totally just spoiled another series in the end of the livestream. I wasn't expecting spoilers, but then they flashed up some preview art that completely ruined Uncanny X-Force's current storyline.

Marvel, manage your crap better. Seriously.

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@XmenKICKass said:

Cyclops and his Extinction Team is pretty much unstoppable, especially with Thor out of the picture. Cyclops embodies the idealistic mission of Charles as well as the "we aren't taking sh*t anymore" attitude of Magneto, and the team he has assembled are all TOP TIER Mutants. I mean, Magneto was beating up on the X-Men for years....BY HIMSELF, and with the White Queen and her Diamond Form and Telepathy, King Namor (Nuff Said), the NEW JUGGERNAUT/COLOSSUS (I'm the JUGGERNAUT B*!%CH!), and the rest of Utopian Mutants, Cyclops wouldn't even need to pop off any shots. Lets just get real, who do the Avengers have that poses any REAL threat to the X-Men......Captain America?...Spiderman?.....even...Wolverine? Cyclops nearly defeated Wolverine HIMSELF in Schism, and we shouldn't forget when Magneto said enough is enough with this overly hyped honey badger and ripped all the adamantium out Wolvies little body and tossed him aside like a rag doll. This "battle" can be won with two X-Men...Magneto and Namor. and this is how is happens.....Magneto CRUSHES Iron Man to death. He AGAIN rips out ALL of Wolverines adamantium putting the little guy out for the count for quite a while. He then takes Caps shield out of the air and smacks everyone around with it for fun for a little while. After he becomes bored and ready for his afternoon tea, he uses all the metal he has collected from the "Avengers" and packages all of the "Avenger" into a nice little adamatium box with a "suit of Iron" bow and tosses the little Avenger box into the air to his buddy Namor who takes that little present to the bottom of the ocean. Cyclops goes back to playing Angry Birds and his Iphone, Magneto sips his tea, and the White Queen didn't even chip a nail. Game Over.

- Captain America has a hell of an address book, which he can use to call for

1 - All the former Avengers

1 - The majority of the solo heroes who will come to back him in a heartbeat

2 - The combined military arsenal of a multitude of UN nations, meaning how many Sentinels?

- I know many of the Cyclops fanboys are still waiting for Marvel to make him king of the world, but do you really think Steve is going to fight this with his standard roster? This sounds like a mastubatory fantasy for your favorite character instead on anything really thought out, or deserving of being taken seriously.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#195  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Aaron, Bendis and Fraction on the same book? HAHAHAAHHA. Crap right there, sorry Brubaker and Hickman.

P.S. Fraction shouldn't even be allowed in a room that even mentions X-men after his run.

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#196  Edited By TheMess1428

Phoenix uses AoA Jean Grey as host and it transforms her into the original Jean Grey. I'm calling it right here.

Dj_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 131

#197  Edited By Dj_Maximus

The Avengers VS. X-Men

So who’s ready for this first of all? Well ready or not let’s get ready to rumble! Not sure exactly how this is going to play out, but who ever does really know. Well it does raise some questions since Storm plays on Cyclops X-Men team and Wolverine has his own X-Men team. Being both Avengers Storm may have some conflict with Black Panther, and perhaps Wolverine. How will this play out? Still a raising question. I think this should play out good, however I rather this story take place in the core book titles of Uncanny, X-Men Vol.2, New Avengers, and The Avenger self title books. I am tired of one shot this and events take place in this special mini series this. It’s just getting tired especially after Fear It Self. Give our pockets a rest well ya. Well either way it’s a 12 issue mini series concerning Hope Summers because The Phoenix force is back and there’s a obvious threat upon the world. Another civil rival between Cyclops and Captain America. The last clash these two leaders had it out was during the return of Scarlet Witch of the book The Avengers: “The Children Crusade”. Also there’s tension in the mini series Magneto: “Not A Hero” with Captain America and Iron Man seeing Magneto still as a terrorist accused of killing some protestors against mutants. The fight does sustain a good quality story arc, I just rather see this take place in the regular monthly books.

Dj_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 131

#198  Edited By Dj_Maximus

Avengers VS. X-Men

Looks like event that involves a lot of big name creators. Let’s focus our eyes on who will be the writers of this series. First let’s look into the works of Jason Aaron, we have some great work on books; Wolverine, Ghost Rider, The Incredible Hulk, Wolverine And The X-Men, The Astonishing Spider Man And Wolverine, much more works. I am pleased with Jason Aaron as a writer so far I think he’s doing just great. And I like the fact that he is apart of this limited series coming up. Next we have Brain Michael Bendis more than likely working the Avengers side of things. And who better than Brain Michael Bendis to lead on what scenario would be for this team. Last huge event Brain Michael Bendis delivered was “Siege”. So I would recommend Bendis, the only thing I have against Bendis is that would he is bombarded with numerous books it does strain away from his creativity taking away from the stories he writes. Currently he is writing; New Avengers, Avengers, Moon Knight, and Ultimate Spider Man. If you ask me currently Ultimate Spider Man is his best book at the moment. Ed Brubaker is also working the book, seeing how Ed Brubaker is writing Captain America, Secret Avengers (recently off the book), Winter Soldier (upcoming). Perhaps this maybe up his alley being, he is proclaimed writer with much success. His death of Bucky really didn’t go well with fans as he handed his works in with Matt Fraction for Fear It Self arc. Fear Itself # 7.1 was a garbage book in my opinion. Artist Oliver Coipel does a stand up for books like “House Of M” and “Siege” so to me I think he does a fantastic work. Matt Fraction is a apart of this book, I’m not impressed with his works on Fear It Self on a over all score. I think if he can sustain good writing on his parts it just may help him recover some of his credibility towards to his fans. Fans categorical to my knowledge did not like him on Uncanny X-Men so hopefully we don’t more of the same crap we been getting with Matt Fractions works. Even though Invincible Iron Man writing are just fantastic with applause. Jonathon Hickman writer of Fantastic Four, and FF, have been very good on a overall basis, however his latest FF # 12 work is a downer. I enjoy most of what I pick up by Jonathan Hickman, for all the writers Marvel have picked up this series there shouldn’t be any failure consider this is a bullet proof all star team. Other artist arise with this as John Romita Jr. (Uncanny X-Men, Kick-Ass, Kick-Ass 2, Avengers, & more) steps to the plate. Lately a lot of new readers do not like John Romita Jr. art work, however his art style over the years hasn’t decline instead he is progressingly getting better at his art works. I think he will deliver good works for this series. Adam Kubert has phenomenal ark work. Considerably the greatest Wolverine artist of all time. Adam Kubert has done great pencils on; Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, Wolverine, The Astonishing Spider Man And Wolverine, Ultimate X-Men Vol.1, and much more). This event is suppose to be huge and really get the Marvel Universe rolling on fire literally as the Phoenix is back. Stay tuned…

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By The Mast

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@XmenKICKass said:

- Captain America has a hell of an address book, which he can use to call for

1 - All the former Avengers

1 - The majority of the solo heroes who will come to back him in a heartbeat

2 - The combined military arsenal of a multitude of UN nations, meaning how many Sentinels?

- I know many of the Cyclops fanboys are still waiting for Marvel to make him king of the world, but do you really think Steve is going to fight this with his standard roster? This sounds like a mastubatory fantasy for your favorite character instead on anything really thought out, or deserving of being taken seriously.

Exactly.

Besides, when was the last time Marvel had any kind of established power sets? Deadpool used to go around beating Shatterstar in hand-to-hand combat, as well as dealing with Taskmaster while his hands and feet were shackled. Now he can barely handle anyone.

Fights do not go according to powers, they go according to story.

Bendis actually stated, on record: "Unlike Civil War, there will be a winner and a loser in this conflict." That needs to happen. There needs to be a conclusion.

Tom Brevoort outright lied about Fantastic Four, so we'll see if Bendis is lying too.

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Saying there will be a winner and a loser still leaves the result wide open. What do the writers consider to be victory?

- From my perspective, even if the X-Men crush the Avengers used in the storyline, they still lose.

- The support of the Avengers has allowed them the limited freedom they have now in operating outside the law. With that gone and replaced by politicians needing to appease their constituents who will likely be outraged at their beloved Avengers being defeated by what the general media treat as mutant terrorists, well, its not going to end well for Utopia and its residents.

- This is a very ambitious storyline with a lot of characters and long running issues all tied together, I just hope they do better than their recent track record with events and have it all make sense.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.