Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13404 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Marvel Unveils Marko Djurdjevic's ASTONISHING X-MEN #51 Variant

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
    Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@Ebbm said:

@Super_SoldierXII: I don't understand why straight people like you, especially men, think you are so privileged that everything in the world should be catered to your own desires and dislikes. God forbid you have to see something that falls outside your narrow comfort zone (in this case a comic you aren't being forced to buy), you have to make demands, it makes you uncomfortable therefore it shouldn't exist. I'm not real fond of the dumb, cliched, and corny macho heterosexuality that is found in almost every form of fictional media, but I don't go around saying it shouldn't exist because of my own feelings towards it.

Maybe this can be a wake up call for you to realize the world does not revolve around you.

First, I've already stated I won't be buying the book while the Jean-Paul love story arc is center stage. I'm not even stating it's not OK to have the onus on this for now. Marvel just needs to realize that the majority of its readers are heterosexual men, men who don't really dig full spread illustrated pages of two men engaged in a tongue war. That's all. You just don't like the fact that I dare exercise my right to be honest about it and express my very valid opinion, daring to expose what many men are thinking but too wary to say because sensitive chaps like yourself are going to pretend to take the moral high ground by taking exception and playing victim.

After all, the majority victimize all minorities and need to demonstrate an adequate amount of remorse by keeping their mouths shut right? Even if their opinion or likes and dislikes are equally valid right? Wrong.

Listen, homosexuality falls outside of the norm. If it were the norm, this world would cease to procreate. I'm not trying to tout it as taboo or 'bad' in anyway. It's just not the norm. Being 'gay' is a lifestyle that chooses you in most cases. If you're gay, great. I hope you feel good about yourself and secure enough in your love life to not need approval at every turn. Stop trying to force feed it as the norm by demanding to see it mainstreamed everywhere we turn as though it's the most natural thing on earth for two men to be seen doing the horizontal tango. I refuse to have to play mister "politically correct", choke on my own distaste at the visual portrayal in a mainstream X-Book is all.

It's extremely unappealing for straight dudes. But you know what? I don't have to like it, to accept it. I do have to like it to actually want to pay to read about it and look at all the spreads of the two sucking face.

And consequently, you as a minority (if you're gay), somehow feel it's OK to denigrate the majority (see comment in bold) but god help us if we express even a mild distaste for a given minorities goings ons. If I had expressed myself as bluntly as you did in your comment in bold, the gay community would be frothing at the mouth. But you're allowed. We are not. Gotcha.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Super_SoldierXII said:

And consequently, you as a minority (if you're gay), somehow feel it's OK to denigrate the majority (see comment in bold) but god help us if we express even a mild distaste for a given minorities goings ons. If I had expressed myself as bluntly as you did in your comment in bold, the gay community would be frothing at the mouth. But you're allowed. We are not. Gotcha.

"Omg I'm part of the majority look how oppressed I am!"

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By LordRequiem

Why do they have to do something like this?

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

You completely missed the point. Never claimed we are 'oppressed'. Just stating I don't need to hide my opinion to massage the tender sensibilities of those who feel they are. My opinion degrades or insults no one.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#105  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I still don't think Astonishing has been really relevant since Whedon's run but whether it's a publicity stunt or not, good job Marvel.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By InnerVenom123

@leejunfan83 said:

@Mercy_: Do you advocate incest or child brides or beastiality not saying that gay marriage is equal to any of those but who states what is inhumane or immoral?

Yes you are.

You wouldn't have brought them up otherwise.

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

You completely missed the point. Never claimed we are 'oppressed'. Just stating I don't need to hide my opinion to massage the tender sensibilities of those who feel they are. My opinion degrades or insults no one.

Well, that got boring fast.

Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#107  Edited By Queen's Halo

Oh, so much drama in the comment section. .... Who cares? This is such an awesome cover! And now I'm excited about the wedding. I'm just going to be happy for the couple and not make some statement.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@InnerVenom123: Sorry. Not following your humor or line of reasoning I guess.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#109  Edited By TDK_1997

I love Djurdjevic and this is an awesome cover.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AgeofHurricane said:

A-GAY-ZING.

Fixed :)

Avatar image for dementedtheclown
    dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iceman is not amused one bit, this is so gay.

DoctorTrips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112  Edited By DoctorTrips

Good cover, Djurdjevic always delivers. But now DC is going to have to take a major step forward, do something bold and unexpected...

Oh yes; Superman marries Batman. The true wedding of the century. I'm serious I'd buy 50 copies.

I'm glad that Marvel is doing this; it's the little things like this, that while seeming like Marvel is just sinking it's marketing teeth into a popular issue, is one of the factors to how things progress, often in a positive way.

And I'm still serious, Superman and Batman should get hitched in 2012.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#113  Edited By Hawkeye446

SO much pessimism. It's a move forward.

@GREGalicious said:

@CODYSF: I think its just enough. Its called GROWTH and PROGRESS.

Avatar image for crackedversion00
    CrackedVersion00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

If only Nightcrawler was alive to be the priest

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#115  Edited By Saren

@Casshern: @Mercy_: He was killed by Wolverine during Enemy of the State and then resurrected by the Hand, if that's what you're talking about.

aerokinesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By aerokinesis

Beautiful Art!!!!

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By oraclefyre

Pretty:)

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By leejunfan83

@InnerVenom123: Equal in only being a taboo subject of controversy we preach tolerance but would we be willing to approve of any life style choices if no one supposedly got "hurt"?

Moccles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Moccles

@cyberchop979 said:

It's crazy how many people are opposed to this idea. I thought society as a whole was evolving and understanding that all intolerance and hate does is limit our potential. Just because someone is a homosexual, some people are going to completely write them off. They are missing out on some amazing people with viewpoints, cares and concerns that are as valid and valuable as any heterosexual person. We are not defined by our sexual preference, we are defined by our prejudices and viewpoints. People should try to love more and hate less. And to bring this back to comics: if you don't like it, don't read it. Keep the hate to yourself, all you are doing is showing the rest of us how intolerant and hateful you are. Let the hateful responses and PMs commence. :)

I agree completely.

Avatar image for hakudoushinumbernine
    Hakudoushinumbernine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cyborg6971:

the 'god' that everyone thinks is up there in heaven dictating the constitution is the God that hates Gays.

The God that possibly exists, is the one that doesn't give two shits about it. if he didn't want us to feel emotions toward the same sex, then he should have never given us emotions. simple. you love who you love and no one not even God or a god can change what you as an individual feel for another individual. IF God truly exists then he would have foreseen this would happen, from the moment of creating the life in our universe.

there are somethings i believe God wants us humans to not do simply for the sake of it's dumb and the consequences would likely mean damnation or death, and then somethings he doesn't give two shits about. like gay marriage. says constantly he wants his children to be happy be fruitful and do good things, live your life to where you have no regrets. but in a safe non-demeaning way (sleeping with a bunch of chicks for the sake of vag? really? you're only in it for the sex?). yes there are trials and tribulations but they're used to strengthen you, better you. challenge you into making a name for your self while you're here.

i don't think he cares who you end up being with for the rest of your life so long as you're truly happy. Cheap thrills won't make you happy in the end.

and to anyone "threatened' by the thoughts of gay marriage you're relationship is already shit and you just don't want to admit it. >_>

as far as the story line it does seem a little rushed. lets get married, then an issue later the wedding? >_>

and i hope to god that it doesn't end up being that he kills himself. i'd be pissed. they're a cute couple.

the original cover and the variant should have been combined.

Kyle and Jean-Paul from the variant on the original cover. would have been awesome.

I don't particularly like where the story is headed right now, it like it wasn't really thought through.

i find it kind of relaxing when you see the characters doing mundane things. it's exhausting seeing them fighting all the time.

>_> i would read the shit out of it if they came out with a book of the characters' 'tween stories.

the financial struggles of maintaining the school, wolveringe washing/shopping for clothes. emma frost painting her fingernails while on the attempting to cook dinner...

when done right i'll read it in a fanfic. but it would be nice if they came out with one book every six months of just the mundane everyday shit the Marvel charats do and their relationships

Crackdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Crackdown

@Super_SoldierXII said:

I support gay marriage. Homosexuality is a natural expression of ones personal sexual preference and I could care less what two people in love do behind closed doors.

I support my grandparents right to a sex life as well ... but I don't want to have to watch them making out. I sure as heck don't want to see it illustrated in one of my favorite comics. It's unappealing.

Same with two men making out. I see no problem in not wanting to look at detailed illustrations of two men kissing, cuddling and giving goo goo eyes to one another in the content of a mainstream comic and one of the principle books housing one of my favorite teams.

I'm disappointed in how prominent Marvel is making this relationship. They are forcing it down our throats. To the point straight men have to gloss over it or simply pass on the book for other content.

Sorry all, two men making out is as unappealing for most straight men as watching grandma sucking face with grandpa ... and then some.

How are they forcing it down your throat, it's one comic and an alternate cover. It's not like there are a million tie-ins and crossovers

Avatar image for hakudoushinumbernine
    Hakudoushinumbernine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leejunfan83:

interbreeding families, over time, deteriorates the dna. as well as being disgusting, (come one it's my older brother ew), it has health issues. there are also health risks involved with bestiality. Child molestation should be obvious. common sense on that one. Child Brides... Really that should also be obvious? Your daughter is 12 years old and youre giving her to a 40 year old man. you suck ^&%$!!

Gay/les relationships two consensual people

excuse me? I follow my own beliefs, thank you. I'm not gay, but i do believe so long as no one is getting hurt and both partners are consensual they can do what ever they damn well please. regardless of what you are anyone has to say about it. who the hell are you to say who Jonny down the street sleeps with. he's 28 years old, you don't have a right to say who he does unless it's your daughter/son he's doing. you only have custodial rights until your kid moves out your house. disown them if you want but what does that really say about you?

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By leejunfan83

@Hakudoushinumbernine: I am aware of this I was just saying If personal happiness is the only requirement for is there any limits to what we allow

BlackWidowBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By BlackWidowBoy

For the love of Mike, its one story!, they've been dating now for some time and seen in the X-books and Alpha mini's together its not like the next five months are going to be swimming in This wedding and if so why not? X-Men and marvel in general have been getting pretty blah! anyway consider it a brief interlude before the next thing happen. Batwoman is a lesbian and i think her books Story, art and plotting is some of the best I've read since its debut. Is it really that offensive, that we can't read one comic with that presents one psuedo-alternative idea even briefly. That's why we keep gettin the same BS in our comics. Every time someone once to try something a little different we have to start putting up a resistance. Maybe it wouldn't seem like such a forced issue if we just start seeing gay characters in comics as a matter of fact, just like in life rather than just an every now and then situation.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Crackdown said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

I support gay marriage. Homosexuality is a natural expression of ones personal sexual preference and I could care less what two people in love do behind closed doors.

I support my grandparents right to a sex life as well ... but I don't want to have to watch them making out. I sure as heck don't want to see it illustrated in one of my favorite comics. It's unappealing.

Same with two men making out. I see no problem in not wanting to look at detailed illustrations of two men kissing, cuddling and giving goo goo eyes to one another in the content of a mainstream comic and one of the principle books housing one of my favorite teams.

I'm disappointed in how prominent Marvel is making this relationship. They are forcing it down our throats. To the point straight men have to gloss over it or simply pass on the book for other content.

Sorry all, two men making out is as unappealing for most straight men as watching grandma sucking face with grandpa ... and then some.

How are they forcing it down your throat, it's one comic and an alternate cover. It's not like there are a million tie-ins and crossovers

I know they're not forcing it here. But I'm sorry, they've thrown the material in their books without warning. So in a sense, they are forcing it. It's not just one cover. Marvel's been exploring their relationship in detail for a few issues now. I bought a book with X-Men versus the Marauders on the front cover wherein half the content was centered around their domestic life ... one full detailed page of them making out etc. etc. The focus on their relationship crept in without warning, and I paid for an X-Men story. Not to delve into page after page of drama centered around gay love.

But don't worry, rest assured, I'm well over it. Like others, I simply herein take the liberty to express my opinion on the matter in the appropriate thread devised for just such a purpose.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#126  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

No! Bad move by Marvel.

I.A.T.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Billy Batson

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

No! Bad move by Marvel.

I.A.T.

Because?
    BB

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@Billy Batson said:

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

No! Bad move by Marvel.

I.A.T.

Because?
    BB

Do you know how many homophobes are out there. I mean personally I don't support gays or gay writes(due to it being against my religious beliefs and I'm a Republican), and don't really "like" gays, but I don't go around and comment about or against them trying to put them in the dirt. There are alot of people that will probably stop reading X–Men, and even Marvel, because of this. I'm not saying they SHOULDN'T make theses characters gay(because you have to make comics just as real as real life), but don't make a whole issue about it.

I.A.T.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Billy Batson

@Petey_is_Spidey:

Hardly no one will stop reading the x-men because of it. Northstar has appeared a long time already, he's gay and no one's had a problem with it. This issue will sell more than the previous ones because of the wedding.

DC publishes Batwoman, a leading lesbian character and it's doing well. And so did Secret Six. So just like DC, Marvel will have no problems.

BB

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By leejunfan83

@Hakudoushinumbernine: What's the correlation between young boys who were molested and become homosexuals?

There isn't anything less obvious about homosexuality than any of the examples you gave. You call incest disgusting but gay sex is normal to you lets not be selective in our tolerance. Whose to say that the "victims" don't like being molested but the cultural shame makes them feel victimized the same with beastiality and all other taboos. I know someone who comes from an incestous family and they support it.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By InnerVenom123

@leejunfan83 said:

@InnerVenom123: Equal in only being a taboo subject of controversy we preach tolerance but would we be willing to approve of any life style choices if no one supposedly got "hurt"?

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By leejunfan83

@InnerVenom123: That's the best response you could come up with a laugh track interesting

ExtraLarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#133  Edited By ExtraLarge

Way to go, liberal media. You've done it again.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By InnerVenom123

@leejunfan83 said:

@InnerVenom123: That's the best response you could come up with a laugh track interesting

There's no point in replying to you seriously.

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By leejunfan83

@InnerVenom123: So much for tolerance

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By InnerVenom123

@leejunfan83 said:

@InnerVenom123: So much for tolerance

I see your "blatant victim card" and raise you "LOL."

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By leejunfan83

@InnerVenom123: @InnerVenom123 said:

@leejunfan83 said:

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By InnerVenom123

@leejunfan83 said:

@leejunfan83 said:

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By leejunfan83

@InnerVenom123: You got me there

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Billy Batson
    innervenom:
    Thank you Marvel
    For marrying off Northstar and whoeverthef*ckistheGroom
    I’ve gotten so much funtime trolling the idiots lately
    It’s all thanks to you
    No Caption Provided

BB

cocas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By cocas

Love it! Beautiful cover... So happy they're getting married :)

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By InnerVenom123

@leejunfan83: @InnerVenom123 said:

@leejunfan83 said:

@leejunfan83 said:

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By leejunfan83

@InnerVenom123: Can't we all just get along

Avatar image for capelesscrusader
    capelesscrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

To paraphrase John Byrne:

Why do we have gay marriage in comics? Because there is gay marriage in real life. The Marvel universe is supposed to represent the real world, just with super heroes. There are gay people getting married in the real world, ergo there are gay people getting married in the Marvel Universe.

Welcome to the 21st century.

Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Ebbm

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Ebbm said:

@Super_SoldierXII: I don't understand why straight people like you, especially men, think you are so privileged that everything in the world should be catered to your own desires and dislikes. God forbid you have to see something that falls outside your narrow comfort zone (in this case a comic you aren't being forced to buy), you have to make demands, it makes you uncomfortable therefore it shouldn't exist. I'm not real fond of the dumb, cliched, and corny macho heterosexuality that is found in almost every form of fictional media, but I don't go around saying it shouldn't exist because of my own feelings towards it.

Maybe this can be a wake up call for you to realize the world does not revolve around you.

First, I've already stated I won't be buying the book while the Jean-Paul love story arc is center stage. I'm not even stating it's not OK to have the onus on this for now. Marvel just needs to realize that the majority of its readers are heterosexual men, men who don't really dig full spread illustrated pages of two men engaged in a tongue war. That's all. You just don't like the fact that I dare exercise my right to be honest about it and express my very valid opinion, daring to expose what many men are thinking but too wary to say because sensitive chaps like yourself are going to pretend to take the moral high ground by taking exception and playing victim.

After all, the majority victimize all minorities and need to demonstrate an adequate amount of remorse by keeping their mouths shut right? Even if their opinion or likes and dislikes are equally valid right? Wrong.

Listen, homosexuality falls outside of the norm. If it were the norm, this world would cease to procreate. I'm not trying to tout it as taboo or 'bad' in anyway. It's just not the norm. Being 'gay' is a lifestyle that chooses you in most cases. If you're gay, great. I hope you feel good about yourself and secure enough in your love life to not need approval at every turn. Stop trying to force feed it as the norm by demanding to see it mainstreamed everywhere we turn as though it's the most natural thing on earth for two men to be seen doing the horizontal tango. I refuse to have to play mister "politically correct", choke on my own distaste at the visual portrayal in a mainstream X-Book is all.

It's extremely unappealing for straight dudes. But you know what? I don't have to like it, to accept it. I do have to like it to actually want to pay to read about it and look at all the spreads of the two sucking face.

The difference between you and me is I don't make comments on pictures of men and women kissing and stating that as a gay person it disgusts me and therefore I won't buy it. That is distinctly a particular kind of straight person's entitled belief that what they like and dislike is what is appropriate and "normal". There are a lot of gay comic readers and non-bigoted straight comic book readers, who have no problem with this and want to see it.

You're right that you don't have to like it, but you should accept the fact that there are people in the world that do and their opinion is just as valid as yours. Saying that it doesn't belong in the mainstream and isn't "normal" because it involves a minority is simply bigoted. Its our world too and we shouldn't have to hide and be invisible to protect the majority's squeamish and oh-so delicate sensitivities.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ebbm:

The irony in your post is I've done nothing and have said nothing that warrant such a response. I think you're reading with skewed glasses. You state 'disgust' where I've never made use of such strong language. I said 'unappealing'. Big difference. I never said I don't accept it. In fact, I specifically state that I do. I just don't like looking at pictures featuring two men kissing. Kapeesh?

Why does me not wanting to see illustrations of two men kissing make me a bigot? What's wrong with me not wanting full page spreads of two men smooching in my monthly X-titles? I've never stated there's something 'wrong' with you wanting such. You see what you're doing here? You're pissing on me for stating my opinion or preference if you will insofar as what content I want in my comic books!

When and where did I state that there are folks who DON'T want to read about gay love? When did I invalidate their right to do so?

EDIT: Oh, and I NEVER said it isn't NORMAL. I said it isn't the NORM. Again, big difference. You're reading only what you want to see ... you seemed to go out of your way to misrepresent and misinterpret what I wrote to feed your angst.

You're not reading what I'm writing. You're just reacting, indulging, and being self righteous and then having the nerve to put words in my mouth that I never uttered.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @venomoushatred1001 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

A-GAY-ZING.

Fixed :)

Don't be a troll...lmfao.
    charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#148  Edited By charlieboy

i think this is great. and while i respect all the opposing opinions i think the answer is simple. if you find it offensive don't read it.

Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Ebbm

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Ebbm:

The irony in your post is I've done nothing and have said nothing that warrant such a response. I think you're reading with skewed glasses. You state 'disgust' where I've never made use of such strong language. I said 'unappealing'. Big difference. I never said I don't accept it. In fact, I specifically state that I do. I just don't like looking at pictures featuring two men kissing. Kapeesh?

It doesn't matter what kind of language you used, the essence of what you said remains the same. You did say you don't accept it when you stated you would not be buying it, and give a little lecture which said marvel was alienating its heterosexual readership simply by showing a male-male couple kissing. You state that you accept gay couples right to marry, and I applaud you for that but you also state you don't want to see it in your comic books.

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Why does me not wanting to see illustrations of two men kissing make me a bigot? What's wrong with me not wanting full page spreads of two men smooching in my monthly X-titles? I've never stated there's something 'wrong' with you wanting such. You see what you're doing here? You're pissing on me for stating my opinion or preference if you will insofar as what content I want in my comic books!

You said being gay shouldn't be a part of the mainstream because gays are a minority and it is not the norm. "Stop trying to force feed it as the norm by demanding to see it mainstreamed..."- your own words. You want gay people to be invisible in the media because it makes you uncomfortable. You did say it was wrong for me to want to see that, because it would be "trying to force feed it as the norm by demanding to see it(homosexuality) mainstreamed." Understand yet? Also, they aren't your comic books, they're anybody's who decides to buy them, including gay people. I don't see any difference between what you are saying and what bigoted organizations like One Million Moms who think they can dictate what is acceptable by trying to guilt companies to get rid of gay friendly ads/products.

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Ebbm:

When and where did I state that there are folks who DON'T want to read about gay love? When did I invalidate their right to do so?

You invalidated it when you made your declaration that Marvel was alienating straight guys by showing two guys kissing, you also stated you did not think homosexuality should be mainstreamed. @Super_SoldierXII said:

EDIT: Oh, and I NEVER said it isn't NORMAL. I said it isn't the NORM. Again, big difference. You're reading only what you want to see ... you seemed to go out of your way to misrepresent and misinterpret what I wrote to feed your angst.

Actually, there isn't a big difference, especially when read in the context of what you wrote. You said homosexuality shouldn't be mainstreamed and "shoved down everyone's throats." Not that big of a difference between isn't the norm and isn't normal in this case.

@Super_SoldierXII said:

You're not reading what I'm writing. You're just reacting, indulging, and being self righteous and then having the nerve to put words in my mouth that I never uttered.

I hope the fact that I quoted everything you said helps with your confusion.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ebbm said:

That whole response is pure crap and you, once again, putting words in my mouth. Allow me to show you how to address what someone actually says and not what you paraphrase and interpret what they are saying to fit your fancy;

It doesn't matter what kind of language you used, the essence of what you said remains the same. You state that you accept gay couples right to marry, and I applaud you for that but you also state you don't want to see it in your comic books.

Of course it matters what friggin words I used. Words are used to convey meaning. Your interpretation did the butchering coupled with your inability (or refusal) to read my words as they were bloody well written.

You did say you don't accept it when you stated you would not be buying it

No. I didn't. This says I don't like gay romance in my comic book reading and therefore, will not spend my money on something that does not interest me. Period.

Don't like it does not denote I do not accept it's existence as a media. Y'know, kinda like how some folks don't like violence, or horror movies? No gay love in my comic books. I don't like it. That's what it says. I even went out of my way to state I accept it readily. You need to accept that people have a right NOT to like gay content in their media and that not liking it, does not make them a bigot. Seriously. Get over yourself already.

, and give a little lecture which said marvel was alienating its heterosexual readership simply by showing a male-male couple kissing.

Again, the word 'alienate' is YOUR word. Not mine.

You said being gay shouldn't be a part of the mainstream because gays are a minority and it is not the norm. "Stop trying to force feed it as the norm by demanding to see it mainstreamed..."- your own words. You want gay people to be invisible in the media because it makes you uncomfortable. You did say it was wrong for me to want to see that, because it would be "trying to force feed it as the norm by demanding to see it(homosexuality) mainstreamed." Understand yet? Also, they aren't your comic books, they're anybody's who decides to buy them, including gay people. I don't see any difference between what you are saying and what bigoted organizations like One Million Moms who think they can dictate what is acceptable by trying to guilt companies to get rid of gay friendly ads/products.

Why not finish that sentence ... what are you hiding hm? Where did I state I want gay people to be invisible? Again, your words. Not mine. You have completely taken what I said out of context and misquoted ... posting half sentences and incomplete thoughts filling them in with your self righteous crap. Write what I said IN FULL if you want me to comment. POST MY FULL PARAGRAPH please. Because your crap stinks to high heaven and what you're doing is just WRONG.

You invalidated it when you made your declaration that Marvel was alienating straight guys by showing two guys kissing, you also stated you did not think homosexuality should be mainstreamed

Once again, the alienating word. I NEVER SAID THAT. Are we clear?? Any of it. Post my words dammit or shut the F up!

I hope the fact that I quoted everything you said helps with your confusion.

You quoted nothing. You paraphrased earlier posts, buried under false interpretation, without addressing a single damn thing. All you did is reinforce what I said earlier about not addressing what was actually said.

What you really don't like is the fact I actually had the nerve to state I don't want to look at two men kissing when I read my weekly comics. You didn't like that and so you're on the attack. I mean, how dare I not find two men kissing as beautiful and spectacular and sought after in my comic book reading as you do!! Well guess what? You're the one being the insolent little bully here, not me.

It's all your jaded interpretation - or misinterpretation. Please, if you don't like what YOU THINK I'm writing, feel free to leave me in peace because you're mishandling of what I actually write down is the only real insult here.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.