Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Marvel Should have an X-men "Heavy Hitters" team.

labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By labarith

Fans of Marvel Cosmic know that Starlord envisioned the Annihilators as a cosmic heavy-hitters team that would do what was necessary and head off galactic cataclysm. 

It occurs to me, though, that Marvel should do the same with the X-men (or should have while they were all together...).  When Wolverine went "evil" in Wolverine Goes to Hell, Scott reveals that he's had a plan to deal w/ Wolverine - Magneto, Namor, Emma, Him all go and beat the Snikt! out of Wolverine.   Good for us it didn't work, eh?  Now Wolverine can continue to be in more books than you can imagine. 

Pre-schism (hopefully schism isn't too terribly binding and the camps get together) we had quite a few POWERHOUSE mutants.   For the sake of argument, if you were going to put together a HEAVY HITTERS X-team, who would you put together and why?  Here's a quick rough draft: 

Main Team: 

• Magneto - Master of Magnetism Or Polaris - depending on how Polaris's powers are holding up.
    • Loa - Namor sidekick or not, she absolutely destroys things she touches.  She is party kitty, part wolverine in a sense.
    • Iceman - Master of Ice?  Well, and he reconstitutes himself.  What he can do with his powers is absurd.
    • Dust - a second "elemental", Dust is capable of doing a lot of good stuff, from shape shifting (as a sand cloud), to killing, to reconstituting herself.
    • M - Superwoman, ya?
    • Magik - Teleportation, Sorcery + stuff.
    • Rogue - Master of what they got.
    • Hope - Master of what they got x 2  - Magnetism/Phasing/Destruction/ice powers/sand powers/all of that good stuff M has/teleportation... and Cable's training.  Oh, and Rogue's ability to steal powers/life force/etc.  Yeah, she gets in.  PS - she might also have the powers of the phoenix.
    • Darwin - Effectively providing a "healing factor" for Rogue and Hope, he lets 2 other members of the team survive anything.  Oh, and he's got a power boost via Hela
    • [Undetermined Slot 1] - Energy Projection of Some kind - Summers brother possibly.
    • [Undetermined Slot 2] - Leader - Cyclops possibly.
    The reason I don't have Cyclops on this team is that his power has been written rather inconsistently over the years.

"When the Need Arises" Members
    • Emma - solid field telepath wth "survivability"
    • Dr. Nemesis - Brains - Beast has them, but in less quantity, I think.
    • Namor - Imperius Rex!  Okay, so he breathes under water.  Oh, and strong, flies, etc.
    "If they get repowered/fixed/un-dead" Members: 
    • Cable
    • X-man
    • Jean
    • Phoenix
    • Prodigy
    • Madrox - if he gets a hold of his dupes, he's in.
    • Elixer - Didn't his powers go wonky at the end of X-Force?  Whatev - he needs to get it together!
    • Scarlet Witch - if she can be "not crazy" for 2 seconds...
    • Sway - time travel = cool.  Unless you're dead.
    • Legion - if he gets less crazy, he's in.
    "If they become less evil" Members: 
    • Vulcan
    • Genocide?  Although that name might need some tweaking by their PR department.
    So... what's a heavy hitters team to do?  Fight celestrials, galactus, alien invasions, Norse Gods, Greek Gods, Mephisto, Breakworldtown, etc., etc., etc.  This would be a team that gets things done... and should only be called in for the BIG MISSIONS... and trust me, besides having some good character development slice of life stories, I'm sure marvel could come up with quite a few "OMFG YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS" badasses for such a team to fight against.  As a first mission, maybe send them to get Vulcan from the fault... I'm sure there's plenty of epic bad guys they can fight in there.
    labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By labarith

?

Demonturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Demonturtle

The new version of Colossus, Vulcan, Magneto, Rogue, Legion, Madrox, and Wolverine

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Powerzone789

New version of Colossus, Magneto, Legion if he finally gets his minds? together, Havok when dropped into a star (he totally annialated vulcan) Namor *he's alot stronger then you think) Madrox (never ending army)Psylock (prefer her over all other telepaths) Elixer, Darwin, Iceman, and Banshee (when his screams are at hgh power, he is wayyyy powerful)

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Thunderscream

Doesn't this basically fall under the "Dream Team" category?

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Powerzone789
    @Thunderscream
    pretty much! hahaha
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By Timandm

Hmmm... I LIKE this team...

• Cable
    • X-man
    • Jean
    • Phoenix
    • Prodigy
    • Madrox - if he gets a hold of his dupes, he's in.
    • Elixer - Didn't his powers go wonky at the end of X-Force? Whatev - he needs to get it together!
    • Scarlet Witch - if she can be "not crazy" for 2 seconds...
    • Sway - time travel = cool. Unless you're dead.
    • Legion - if he gets less crazy, he's in.

Scarlet Witch - if she can be "not crazy" for 2 seconds... That's kind of like asking Jean to not die every few years...

Legion - if he gets less crazy, he's in. Would be an extremely powerful member. More so than Wanda, but there's that if... And both of them on the same team? That could be interesting, especially if they both lose it at the same time.

Madrox being trained by Cable? EXCELLENT! Madrox's potential is off the charts really

Prodigy is an excellent member to have on any team, ESPECIALLY if he gets repowered. In fact, given what we saw back in New X-Men when Emma gave him a glimpse of the possible future, he'd be an excellent leader for the team, in my opinion. Course, that would be after a few years of tutelage from Cable...

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By fodigg

I'd like there to be an official "cosmic x-men" team led by Havok that had the heavy hitters on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
    deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Demonturtle said:

The new version of Colossus, Vulcan, Magneto, Rogue, Legion, Madrox, and Wolverine

Hmm. One of these does not fit with the other..

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By butterflykyss

@Alurvelve said:

@Demonturtle said:

Hmm. One of these does not fit with the other..

What he said hehehehehe

quake12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By quake12

Heavy hitters team I believe would work -

- Elixir - if he gets control over his powers - the team needs a healer

- Sway - if she gets resurrected and gains control over her power

- Either Emma Frost or Professor X - every team needs a telepath

- Lifeguard (she can adapt to any situation) or Darwin

Wolverine

and Warpath

labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By labarith

@Thunderscream said:

I don't think so. The difference is that this is a team of guys you send in to fight big-ass shit. Much like Marvel's current big-league cosmic team, this isn't a round, robust team of X-men... it isn't the guys you like, the guys you're interested in, your friends, your favorites (No Wolverine fellas) - it's guys who cut loose and suckerpunch galactus-level threats.

Wolverine might have claws and experience, but I sincerely doubt that he can do much of anything to bigwigs.

Magneto, on a good day, can throw people into the sun by their fillings. With Rogue and Hope on the team, this basically translates into "nothing with metal bothers us... ever."

Loa can walk through anything and destroy it. Flashback to the Necroshia stuff - "Wither - kills by touching, Blink kills by teleport, etc., etc." - Loa kills by being there. Win.

Iceman - "Omega-level mutant", immortal, blah blah.

Dust - Long Distance Loa, more or less (stripping the flesh from bones = win).

Magik - teleporters are important, like psychics, but she can also do magic shit. If the writers want to cut lose, she can do Dr. Strange-level blows-em-up fun,

M - again, with Hope and Rogue at the table, this translates into 3 "round about powerhouses"... although, I suppose, out of my initial list this is the "weakest" character... but she does so much well that it really helps Hope + Rogue.

Darwin - especially "Death-Darwin" - is a powerhouse if only for the fact that can overcome any problem. Something so off the wall it floors the guys above? Darwin and Hope, and with planing Rogue, survive.

The things that are missing, I think, are leadership and "long range" weaponry.

To be fair, Storm should have been on my team, and works well as a leader... but I'm worried about outter-space missions/etc. But if we have Storm as a leader, and Havoc or Vulcan as long-range firepower, we should be good I think.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By ReVamp

I don't like it. Opinion of course.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Thunderscream

@labarith said:

@Thunderscream said:

it's guys who cut loose and suckerpunch galactus-level threats.

I get it, they're all super powerful. In my book, that makes for incredibly boring stories because nothing can stand in their way, they're devoid of conflict because anything that crosses their path gets pummeled into paté.

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The WeatherMan

The Astonishing X-Men were kind of the top team. Although that maybe because of Whedon's awesome run...

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Greendevil

My X-team

Cable, Magneto, Hope, Namor, Colossus, Magic, Vulcan and Iceman

labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By labarith

@Thunderscream said:

@labarith said:

@Thunderscream said:

it's guys who cut loose and suckerpunch galactus-level threats.

I get it, they're all super powerful. In my book, that makes for incredibly boring stories because nothing can stand in their way, they're devoid of conflict because anything that crosses their path gets pummeled into paté.

I think this is a mistake.

Look at Uncanny X-Force. X-Force is a killer squad. What does marvel have them do? Handle big threats that are tough and need to be put down. Big A, Deathloks, Archangel... BIG THINGS.

Same with a "heavy hitters" X-team. There are plenty of projects for them to take on. I mean, let's face facts - there's plenty of Marvel Cosmic Politics that affect the X-men... especially with the whole celestial angle.

Here are some potential plotpoints:

* Kraoka islands start popping up.

* Vulcan does another cosmic event.

* Celestial comes down to earth.

* Nimrod shows up again... or a group of Nimrods.

* Parallel World Mutants want to go ape-slag over 616 (Scarlet Witch fallout?)

* Hyperstorm

* Doctor Doom says "F you, mutants"

Yes - there are going to be several books where these guys walk up to a baddie, and go SMACK, and go home. That's a book where you can focus on the internal relationships between the characters. But there are plenty of threats where they walk up to the baddie, go smack, and then get SMACKED BACK. Those are the 3-6 issue series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.