Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Marvel Now - X books

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By unicornpuncher

So hows everyone feeling about the new x books now that marvel now is about to start?

Im debating stopping buying titles and going digital, but im still not sure. Theres some books that seem ok, but alot of it seems really boring.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By AgeofHurricane

I'll be making a blog about the state that they're in soon...

OT - it's sorrowful how the X-Men have fallen. There are some good titles but looking at the bigger picture, the mighty have definitely fallen.

Titles i'm excited for are Cable and X-force along with Legion's Legacy. UXF too, but not as i am for the others.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By TheCrowbar

There are X books in marvel now? I thought it was Avengers, and avengers-lite.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By dernman

I'm looking forward to Cable's X-Force. Though I'm glad they are giving Psylocke I'm uninterested in the other X-Force book.  have some interest in the Uncanny Avengers but I'm not really into Havok especially when they pic one of his worst costumes to wear. All-New X-Men I can't help but get just for the curious factor even though I don't like the concept. WatX has gone down hill IMO an needs direction. 
    X-Factor is well X-Factor. It's a stable book. 

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Billy Batson
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I'm most excited for Cable and X-Force and Uncanny X-Force. I might pick up Uncanny Avengers in trades since I like Rick Remender's writing, but as for the other X-books, I'm not really that interested in All-New, All-Different X-Men. It's true that the X-Men seem to have briefly lost their popularity to the Avengers, although I think that this might be temporary.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By unicornpuncher

There are some titles I am stoked about, but overall I am not sure I like this new blend. I was thinking to go digital with the avengers and X books, but I hate that they arent cheaper than the real thing.

I was thinking maybe this jump is a good time to stop stockpiling comics at my house like I am waiting for armageddon.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lykopis

I'll be picking them all up and give them a fighting chance, but the one I am looking forward to (which isn't part of the NOW) is Sif taking over Journey Into Mystery. And Pyslocke's X-Force.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9  Edited By McKlayn

@unicornpuncher said:

There are some titles I am stoked about, but overall I am not sure I like this new blend. I was thinking to go digital with the avengers and X books, but I hate that they arent cheaper than the real thing.

I was thinking maybe this jump is a good time to stop stockpiling comics at my house like I am waiting for armageddon.

You will be glad you have all those comics when the Zombie Apocalypse comes!!! J/k

Seriously though, all the X books are a part of marvel now and i figure i will give them all a chance. You can't judge them now you just can't (cept maybe Wolverine & ) because they are all getting new directions, you have to wait till around January to make a real decision on how well the X books did after Marvel now. I would like to say that from what i read i am letting myself be optimistic, they seem to be pushing them as more the anti heroes which if you really think about it they have been most the time. (yea they played by the rules but the public still hated them ) so idk but i am excited. As far as certain books Cable & X force looks great, and well so does Uncanny if for no reason other then Bishop as the Villain, i am eager to see what both Astonishing & X-men do after Marvel now since nothing have be released. Legacy is a toss up, depending on how it's written it could be really good, but sadly i think All New X men has me the most excited, it makes no sense what so ever and should make me angry for even attempting the concept but some how i am very eager for the book and hope they pull it off in an entertaining way that doesn't destroy the X-verse in the process.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By slimlim

@McKlayn said:

@unicornpuncher said:

You will be glad you have all those comics when the Zombie Apocalypse comes!!! J/k

Seriously though, all the X books are a part of marvel now and i figure i will give them all a chance. You can't judge them now you just can't (cept maybe Wolverine & ) because they are all getting new directions, you have to wait till around January to make a real decision on how well the X books did after Marvel now. I would like to say that from what i read i am letting myself be optimistic, they seem to be pushing them as more the anti heroes which if you really think about it they have been most the time. (yea they played by the rules but the public still hated them ) so idk but i am excited. As far as certain books Cable & X force looks great, and well so does Uncanny if for no reason other then Bishop as the Villain, i am eager to see what both Astonishing & X-men do after Marvel now since nothing have be released. Legacy is a toss up, depending on how it's written it could be really good, but sadly i think All New X men has me the most excited, it makes no sense what so ever and should make me angry for even attempting the concept but some how i am very eager for the book and hope they pull it off in an entertaining way that doesn't destroy the X-verse in the process.

Agree.

The only "X"-related book i really have no interest in is A+X. I've browsed the first issue... and lost interest within a coupla pages

chocobojam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chocobojam

Actually, if you're reading AvX consequence, there is a very high probability that marvel will launch a new X-title regarding cyclops and his x-men.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By McKlayn

@chocobojam said:

Actually, if you're reading AvX consequence, there is a very high probability that marvel will launch a new X-title regarding cyclops and his x-men.

I would love that, but i think it would be better if they juts made one of the current titles address that, either X men or Astonishing. At least that's what I am hoping will happen.

@slimlim:

I bought both the first issues of A + X and Uncanny Avengers, A+ X was fun but im not wasting my money on anymore. I will prolly finish the first arc of Uncanny Avengers but i doubt anything past that if something major doesn't happen. I am also interested in Avengers because cannonball and sunspot are both suppose to be in it, but i just can't afford that many titles lol

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By TDK_1997

I'm not that excited about them except Cable and X-Force and Uncanny X-Force.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By slimlim

@McKlayn said:

I bought both the first issues of A + X and Uncanny Avengers, A+ X was fun but im not wasting my money on anymore. I will prolly finish the first arc of Uncanny Avengers but i doubt anything past that if something major doesn't happen. I am also interested in Avengers because cannonball and sunspot are both suppose to be in it, but i just can't afford that many titles lol

Yeah i know what you mean. Uncanny Avengers does have Remender though, so i'm expecting great things.

I didnt catch Hickman's run on FF, but i hear its something special! For that alone i might take a peak at Avengers. While i like the original New Mutants, something tells me that they're just in Avengers to fill Cap's new mutant quota. :p

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Veitha

I think I'll buy only the X-Forces for the X-Men titles, and maybe All New X-Men coz all my favourite characters are in it

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By X35

X-Men? who are they? those Avengers villains? who wants to read a book about those lamewads.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17  Edited By lorex

I just think its sad that Marvel seems to be making decisions about the comic book it publishes based on what company holds the movie rights to some of its intellictual properties. I have said before the Avengers are getting the top treatment right now because of the success of the movies and not because the Avengers have been their most popular intellictual property. Lets face it up until reciently the Avengers have been Marvels B team with the X-Men as the A team. Only in the last 5-7 years has Marvel put an effort into raising the profile of the Avengers by importing other characters from other IP's, ie. Wolverine, Spider-Man and others to make the Avengers more appealing. Also the Avengers have been getting some good tallent working on their titles wwhich does not hurt. The problem is I feel some of the Avengers gain is at the X-Mens loss and I am not refering to what the fans choose to do with their money, but decisions at Marvel puttinig Avengers ahead of the X-Men. Now we see that plan has worked, the Avengers movie was a Hulk sized success and now the comics are being made to conform even more to movie success with the X-Men becoming an apendage to the Avengers in some cases. Its sad for long time X-Men fans like myself to see and I do not see this changing until Marvel gets the X-Men movie rights back or this cycle of Avenger movies ends.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By McKlayn

@slimlim: Yea thats the whole reason i am giving uncanny avengers a chance (that and it has rogue & havok :-p) and Hickman is supposed to be really good but i get the same feeling you do, i think they will be background players in the avenger books. Maybe not though, i would of loved to see Cannonball play a big role on some X team, made me really sad when i seen him on the avengers cover

SaintJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SaintJohn

Um when it comes to Marvel NOW there are questions that haven't been touched on.

1)Why is Cable still scarred after Hope cured him?

2)WHY on earth would Storm be on X-Force when she protested it?

3)Why the hell would they put Puck on X-Force(of ALLLLLL characters)?

4)Um last time the saw Spiral she was trying to kill the X-Men.......AGAIN. So why would she be on X-Force?

5)Why wouldn't Rachel and X-Man help their father?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#20  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @lorex said:
    I just think its sad that Marvel seems to be making decisions about the comic book it publishes based on what company holds the movie rights to some of its intellictual properties. I have said before the Avengers are getting the top treatment right now because of the success of the movies and not because the Avengers have been their most popular intellictual property. Lets face it up until reciently the Avengers have been Marvels B team with the X-Men as the A team. Only in the last 5-7 years has Marvel put an effort into raising the profile of the Avengers by importing other characters from other IP's, ie. Wolverine, Spider-Man and others to make the Avengers more appealing. Also the Avengers have been getting some good tallent working on their titles wwhich does not hurt. The problem is I feel some of the Avengers gain is at the X-Mens loss and I am not refering to what the fans choose to do with their money, but decisions at Marvel puttinig Avengers ahead of the X-Men. Now we see that plan has worked, the Avengers movie was a Hulk sized success and now the comics are being made to conform even more to movie success with the X-Men becoming an apendage to the Avengers in some cases. Its sad for long time X-Men fans like myself to see and I do not see this changing until Marvel gets the X-Men movie rights back or this cycle of Avenger movies ends.

I totally agree with this.  I wonder if Marvel will ever get the movie rights for the X-Men again?

cdeoleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By cdeoleo

@unicornpuncher said:

I refuse to buy digital because of this!

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By John Valentine

@cdeoleo said:

@unicornpuncher said:

Yes! They should be cheaper. Half price? Reasonable. A dollar for older comics.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@John Valentine said:

@cdeoleo said:

@unicornpuncher said:

I agree. The money they are saving by limiting the cost of distribution should translate into more pages, fewer ads or just being bold and going ahead with their embrace of a graphic novel format for certain story lines.

Plus: Despite being a technophile and loving the increased efficiency of digital distribution, I don't like to think of comic book stores going out of business. It feels like I'm hammering a nail into the viability of the stores in my area by downloading content directly from Marvel.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By John Valentine

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@John Valentine said:

@cdeoleo said:

@unicornpuncher said:

I agree. The money they are saving by limiting the cost of distribution should translate into more pages, fewer ads or just being bold and going ahead with their embrace of a graphic novel format for certain story lines.

Plus: Despite being a technophile and loving the increased efficiency of digital distribution, I don't like to think of comic book stores going out of business. It feels like I'm hammering a nail into the viability of the stores in my area by downloading content directly from Marvel.

To be fair, there aren't any advertisements in Marvel, Image or DC digital comics.

I like the feel of paper comics in my hand, but digital comics save so much space, they don't get damaged and you can purchase, with ease, titles from years ago (and, again, have them backed up!). They're also much more portable. Digital comics are also slightly cheaper (not by much, mind) than print comics, they're also available on the same day/any time you want and saves a trip to the store too.

I agree with your point about smaller comic book stores, but my "local" comic book shop is a massive chain store. The staff aren't exactly that friendly, the shop's massively impersonal and the store doesn't exactly help itself by having the prices of its stock so damn high. At least I'm supporting the industry on the whole by buying titles (I suppose, if only minimally).

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By McKlayn

@SaintJohn said:

Um when it comes to Marvel NOW there are questions that haven't been touched on.

1)Why is Cable still scarred after Hope cured him?

2)WHY on earth would Storm be on X-Force when she protested it?

3)Why the hell would they put Puck on X-Force(of ALLLLLL characters)?

4)Um last time the saw Spiral she was trying to kill the X-Men.......AGAIN. So why would she be on X-Force?

5)Why wouldn't Rachel and X-Man help their father?

Taking away the virus doesnt cure the scares it left behind

Just because it's called X force doesn't mean it's a kill squad, new writer, new number one, totally new direction i think Cable & X force will be more a kill squad i expect somethign totally different from the new Uncanny X force

The Writer loves puck,

The writer also said he would explain this in the first couple of issues, it's not unheard of for her to help the X men shes done it before so this isn't too far out of the realm of belief imo

They may, they did in AvX their has been on signs to say they wouldn't going forward. I think that is just everyone assuming, Scott has said he likes the school, he wants it to strive, he wants to protect rachel and X man more then likely he would prefer for them to stay with the school then become criminals by his side, i doubt he ever ask them to help.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By unicornpuncher

Yeah, by digital I mean download off of torrent boards and buy them when I have to.

I think its ridiculous the digital goes for the same price as the real deal. They should be .99 cents or half price.

SaintJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SaintJohn

@McKlayn: um he was cured.........................scars and all so for him to still have them...makes NO sense.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By McKlayn

@SaintJohn: i didn't read the book so if they actually showed the scars go away or what not then i don't know but, allot of stuff can be cured and leave Scars behind but the actual disease be gone.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By slimlim

@SaintJohn: Cured meant the virus was removed but not necessarily scars as well. The scars are a result of the virus and not the virus itself. however, there is some inconsistency because his arm was restored.

@McKlayn: There's some inconsistency in the artwork of the final pages of X-Sanction too (sorry dont have the scans). When Hope "cured" him, his facial scars seem to be gone. But in the Astral Plane while talking to Cyclops, his facial scars are still there. Most likely the artist forgot to draw them in.

And as for Cable's arm, as Marvel Now may or may not have been solidified by the time X-Sanction was done, the artist may not have been clued in that Cable's restored arm would have muscle atrophy since he has not used his real arm since he was a baby. Thus, there's also inconsistency in the artwork in those final pages where Cable's restored arm is all muscled up.

Spawn92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By Spawn92

Im very curious about the new direction Thunderbolts is going in. Although I dont like Red Hulk being on the team. He just doesnt fit.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Skaddix

Too Many Books still WATXM and X-Factor will be joined by UXF, ANXM, Uncanny X-men, and X-men Legacy.

Avatar image for victorvondoom_1
    VictorVonDoom_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By VictorVonDoom_1

@Spawn92 said:

Im very curious about the new direction Thunderbolts is going in. Although I dont like Red Hulk being on the team. He just doesnt fit.

I think he fits in well.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Skaddix

the problem is he so powerful he does not need the rest of the team.

xcoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By xcoser

is there an E-book version?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JakeN7

@TheCrowbar:Dude seriously?

You have:

All New X-Men

Uncanny X-Men

Uncanny X-Force

Cable and X-Force

Wolverine and the X-Men

A+X (half Avengers, half X-Men)

X-Men Legacy

Savage Wolverine

Uncanny Avengers (half Avengers, half X-Men)

I know the amount of Avengers books they are putting out is ridiculous but, Marvel has always been concerned about synergy between their movies and their comics. The Avengers is the third highest grossing film of all time. OF COURSE they are going to put out a bunch of Avengers books. However, that doesn't mean the X-Men are being left out in the cold though. Try not to be so bitter about it, you have plenty of titles to choose from.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheCrowbar

@JakeN7: Don't worry that swooshing noise isn't Seal Team 6 coming in, it's you missing the point. X-men are a subfaction of the Avengers now, they're not their own independent organization, hence the "avengers-lite" comment.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By John Valentine

@TheCrowbar said:

@JakeN7: Don't worry that swooshing noise isn't Seal Team 6 coming in, it's you missing the point. X-men are a subfaction of the Avengers now, they're not their own independent organization, hence the "avengers-lite" comment.

I'd argue that the real X-Men are. Marvel's put some damn good creative teams on the X-Books too.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JakeN7

@John Valentine:Agreed.

@TheCrowbar: If you can't tell the difference between the Avengers and the X-Men, then that's your own damn fault.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheCrowbar

@JakeN7: There is no difference anymore. Avengers is the umbrella organization while the X-men are a subgroup. That's how it is now, there's no debate over it, that's the fact of the matter.

@John Valentine: Uncanny? The book with Cyclops? Maybe, but I dislike the direction so much it's going to take some seriously unbiased and good reviews for me to want to pick up anything Marvel does with the Avengers and the X-men.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By John Valentine

@TheCrowbar said:

@JakeN7: There is no difference anymore. Avengers is the umbrella organization while the X-men are a subgroup. That's how it is now, there's no debate over it, that's the fact of the matter.

@John Valentine: Uncanny? The book with Cyclops? Maybe, but I dislike the direction so much it's going to take some seriously unbiased and good reviews for me to want to pick up anything Marvel does with the Avengers and the X-men.

Again, I disagree entirely. Some X-Characters are affiliated with the Avengers, yes. The JGSHL and most of it's faculty are not Avengers; in the greater picture, they're allied with them, much like they would be with the Fantastic Four or Spider-Man etc, but they're still not Avengers. Only Wolverine, Beast and Cannonball and Rogue, from the JGSHL, will be acting Avengers members in Marvel NOW!.

That leaves Cyclops' X-side, Cable's X-Force, Psylocke's X-Force, the cast of Astonishing, and the remaining faculty members and students at the JGSHL that are not under the Avengers Umbrella, as you so put.

Really, it's no different than it was before AvX, expect the Avengers are working with mutants more closely and Cannonball, Rogue, Sunspot and Havok are now working with the Avengers, whilst storm is not. That's a net gain of three characters. Big deal.

benzino_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41  Edited By benzino_x

So far I am quite happy with the titles. X-Men Legacy seems to be my favourite at the moment.

I am looking forward to see Cable and Bishop again.

I will buy all of the X MeN titles and see how it goes from there.

borges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By borges

I very much enjoyed Legacy; on the other hand, Bendis' tepid writing somewhat spoiled ANX for me (one hopes this is not a constant) - though I suppose I should not look for worthwhile prose inside of a flagship comic in this day and age.

soundjam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By soundjam

I'm currently collecting All New X-men, just because I have a feeling its going to turn into something special. Also getting Uncanny Avengers, which could really be viewed as X-men+Caps and Thor, when you consider they're the only members of the roster who aren't mutants.

That being said, the book I'm really excited for is Cable & X-Force. Being a 90's kid I've always liked Cable. And with Bishop apparently coming back in Uncanny X-Force, I just have a feeling there's going to be a crazy awesome cross over of some kind.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By dangallant984

eh, where to start..

All-New X-men.. is my new favourite X-book, love the feel. really like all three of these teams, and how they relate to each other.. plus the best art team going.

Astonishing X-men.. surprisingly, the most solid X-men book of the past year, classic drama and mostly underused cast. and I like how mostly self contained it is. If they replaced Wolverine and Warbird with Storm and Psylocke, this would be my favourite team.

Wolverine & the X-men.. cute, fun, lacks focus.. I generally enjoy it, but it's pretty fluffy..

the (upcoming) Uncanny X-men.. I like there being an outlaw team of X-men. With a new agenda and a smaller cast I'm hoping we can get a lot more real character moments than the last Uncanny X-men run gave us.

none of the others interest me, really. Might check out X-force, but only to see what Storm and Psylocke are up to..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.