Marvel NOW Uncanny X-Men

#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33023 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Uncanny X-Men getting cancelled? I know there is going to be Uncanny Avengers but is that replacing UXM? Also if it is getting dumped what is going to be the flagship book in Marvel NOW?

#2 Posted by Billy Batson (57944 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, it's getting cancelled. Uncanny Avengers is probably going to take its place as the flagship title.
BB

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33023 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson: I refuse to believe that is an X-Men book no matter how many mutants they have on the team
#4 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny Avengers is not the flagship x-title, it's the crossover title. WatXM is now the flagship, unless they relaunch Uncanny X-Men.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33023 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightcrawler23 said:

Uncanny Avengers is not the flagship x-title, it's the crossover title. WatXM is now the flagship, unless they relaunch Uncanny X-Men.

Argh I hope not, I cant buy anything that involves Wolverine

#6 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Bendis say that All New X-Men replaces Uncanny as the flagship X-Title ? Yeah, me thinks he did.

#7 Posted by Dman1366 (560 posts) - - Show Bio

No, the new flag ship is All-New X-Men by Bendis.

#8 Posted by Rickbarry (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude. The title of this thread made me think it was a relaunch. FML.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33023 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: @Dman1366: Gah

#10 Posted by Jeanniebird (115 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate it that UXM is being cancled. It has been an ongoing for decades and now they cancle it all the time!

#11 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

They shouldn't have cancelled the first volume of Uncanny X-Men, it was stupid for them to do, especially now that they're cancelling volume 2. UGH. I'm getting frustrated with all the stupidity the Marvel / X-Men teams are doing with these comic books!

#12 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

I get this weird feel that one of these few scenarios might occur:

1. All New X-Men lasts 600 - (554 + 20) = 25 issues, then spontaneously get cancelled to release Uncanny X-Men #600, UNLESS

2. It was so horrible that they had to cancel it, creating ANOTHER title that lasts for the remaining unfulfilled issues until it hits #600, before it gets cancelled and released Uncanny X-Men #600

3. OR it was so horrible that they had to change writer after a few issues, filling in the rest of the issues until it hits #600.

Whatever it is. I see an issue #600 on the horizon.

#13 Posted by photowill404 (105 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightcrawler23 said:

Wolverine and The X-Men is the flagship X-book now? whoa not sure i agree with that. what about all the mutants that were on Utopia, what is going to happen to them? Im sure they still have ideological differences with Wolverines way of thinking if im not mistaken.

#14 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

So far, no x-books are on Utopia

#15 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightcrawler23 said:

So far, no x-books are on Utopia

Utopia is probably done after AvX. If Cyclops, and/or Emma, are still alive, I wouldn't be surprised if they are on the run.

#16 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

We still have of yet to see where Utopia's (former) Security Team featuring in X-Men will be based after AvX. These solicits are extremely vague on the details.

#17 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

We still have of yet to see where Utopia's (former) Security Team featuring in X-Men will be based after AvX. These solicits are extremely vague on the details.

Pretty Sure the book is still Pre AvX as is X-Force.

Still: All New X-men is the X Flagship book, Avengers is the Avengers Flagship Book, and Uncanny Avengers is the Marvel U Flagship Book.

#18 Posted by sgtmajor (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone else think that marvel is holding back 1 more x-book announcement so as not to spoil the ending of AvX? Multiple blue side members are not mentioned at all in any previews so far, including big players like Cyke, Emma, Magneto. There's no space for them in an already packed All New X-Men roster, unless of course ALL of them are dead post AvX...

#19 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Pretty Sure the book is still Pre AvX as is X-Force.

Still: All New X-men is the X Flagship book, Avengers is the Avengers Flagship Book, and Uncanny Avengers is the Marvel U Flagship Book.

I'm talking about #38. Even if Wood said nothing AvX affects his run, there should be some sort of time jump in #38 where everything catches up to the present, but, if that's not the case, then Wood's X-Men will be the only Utopia-based series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.