Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Marvel Castings Revelations: Spider-man Storm Doctor Strange

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

New actors are in and out for Storm, Spidey, and Dr. Strange.

1. Halle Berry is passing the tourch to Kat Gram, who is in the running to play Storm in X-men Apocalypse. Which COULD would. She looks like a a younger version of Storm from the original trilogy. (A strike unfortunately Lupita had against her. :( ) I can't give a real opionion about her since I haven't seen much aside from trailers, commercials, and music videos with her. I just hope she can bring that quiet strength Michonne brings in The Walking Dead to Storm-- AND KAT, YOU WOULD DO EVERYONE A SOLID IF YOU GET STORM'S VOICE AND MANNERISMS RIGHT!

2. Benedict Cumberbatch is confirmed to play Dr. Strange. A LOT OF LOVE AND HATE FROM THE FANS ON THIS ONE. I am happy Benedict will play the sorcerer supreme. He was great in Star Trek into the darkness as Khan.

3. Sources say, Marvel and Sony had a meeting about what to do with Spider-man and the current rumor is Andrew Garfield (even though he is contracted for at least one more film.) is out and Marvel wants to make an adult Spider-man film (ANOTHER SPIDER-MAN REBOOT-- WHY?? --SHOOT ME NOW!) . Sources say Garfield and/or his representative didn't show up for this meeting. And apparently Sony & Marvel don't want to support him anymore due to the incident where he stood up a child he was supposed to visit while representing Spider-man. I don't know if all this is true-- and I don't even know what to think. I liked Andrew a lot (he's sexy) but I am super bummed out if this is true! Right now, I feel like Tyra Banks on that episode of America's Next Top Model

No Caption Provided
    HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@poisonfleur: Wow!! Where is this coming from? I like the current Spiderman OK. And Cumberbatch is a good actor so no complaints there. Kat Graham as Storm is OK I guess. She could have the look and is sexy enough. I thought Yaya Dacosta would be good and I Guardains of the Galaxy scooped up the real choice for Storm. I wish I knew for sure that Rihanna could act because she might fit the role of Storm, Keke Palmer also Nicole Beharie but I think she's short like 5'1 or something and maybe even Meagan Good, but that might be a stretch. I guess we'll see.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Tyger

IMO, if they are talking an adult Spider-Man, they're going to be skipping the intro and just moving the story along out of high school and into life, so not so much of a reboot as just a recast.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why are they replacing halle? who else will be replaced? any news on the film?

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Source? Links?

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really care about Cumberbatch one way or the other.

I'm relieved that Halle Berry isn't Storm anymore... Storm is such a cool character in the comics and Halle's version is just boring as hell... Hopefully the new girl does alright.

I don't want Andrew to be fired since I actually really like him as Spider-Man. Then again, I want Spider-Man in the Avengers so frankly I don't mind so much either way. Also apparently Marvel would only be doing a soft-reboot anyway, no more origin stories, Spider-Man is already an adult superhero right from the start. From what I've heard it seems like Sony turned down Marvel's offer because they didn't want to reboot/recast Spider-Man so it doesn't really matter.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Andrew Garfield was garbage as Spiderman. Hope they give him the boot.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Source? Links?

I got lazy.

Google: X-men Storm, Marvel, Spiderman, and Dr.Strange on Google >> News and I promise you links galore.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am optimistic for the Dr.Strange movie.

I only want Spider-man if he will appear in Captain America's Civil war film-- If not, I don't really care.

As for Kat Gram as Storm-- She wasn't my first, second, third, or fourth pick for Storm. But I am willing to give her a chance.

Here is my honest opinion of her at the moment. She looks like Halle-Storm Jr. And she bores me on Vampire Diaries with her mousy mannerisms. I feel like she needs to a full-on over the top drag queen Storm hair and presence or a badass mohawk to capture my attention. I don't like it when Storm is portrayed as a cheery aunty character. We need a Angela Bassett-- Michonne kind og woman with depth to knock it out of the park. Storm is BOSS-Material. Fox has some of the most beloved characters in all comic history yet they sometimes treat them like tokens and in the film for-- just because.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm also looking forward to the Dr.Strange movie. I think they made a good choice for the actor. Kat is beautiful but I'd have to see what she has done on screen to know if she could pull off a convincing Storm. Especially considering kid to teen Storm's history. It's a tragic beginning but a very different experience in comparison to the typical persecution that plagues mutants when they first come into their powers.

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry:

I didn't find him horrible in the first, but he was terrible in #2. That movie was almost unwatchable for me.

For the others. BC owns his roles so I think only good things can come from this casting, and he is passionate about all of his roles. He voiced a dragon and treated it like it was Jesus. He will rock.

Storm, well, the girl is a poor actress (imo) in Vampire Diaries so give her minimal screen time and little dialouge and she will be fine. She is not yet confirmed though. I honestly wish they went with someone who has features more like Ibanez drew her. If they went even more edgy and went with an illusionist that would work. The bald guy from RHOA would give her life

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Actress Nicole Beharie would make a great storm or Vixen in my opinion

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.