Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Magneto's New Acolytes?? ....spoiler alert.....

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Warning spoilers ahead......

After checking out Magneto #6, do we finally have the answer to some of the questions raised at the beginning of the series regarding his new Acolytes? It would be interesting and basically a great twist imo if the old school Marauders are reprogrammed to be his Acolytes. Talk about a tough crew with Erik leading. In fact that would be a real X-force kill-squad. Maybe Im wrong and misinterpreted everything, but if not, what a twist!!!

Your Thoughts?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm with you. If this is the group(which it appears to be) then this is definitely the hard hitting line up we were looking for.

Plus I love the respect payed to the older story in this one. Like this is something that ccould've easily been swept away as something to old to bring up, but is something that is a legitimate motivation for him.....now I'm interested to see how this will play off long term in regards to Mr. Youknowwho in the future.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, this was unexpected! Magneto creates his own "suicide squad" from "people" he considers "expendable"? That was a really nice twist, in a very cynical manner :)

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who are the new acolytes?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: The Maurauders.....he found Sinisters stash of clones and reprogrammed them after he killed a bunch of other ones.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My only question regarding this was are these the originals or just more clones?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@hawk2916: I think the last set of clones that exist, i think he figured out where they were and killed all but one set and programmed them to serve him

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: I had a feeling that was the case, but wasnt sure.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

@hawk2916: I think the last set of clones that exist, i think he figured out where they were and killed all but one set and programmed them to serve him

Didn't he say something about if they die their replaceable?

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think they have gotten to the Acolytes yet. These are Marauders and always will be. I hate the fact that Vertigo wasn't involved.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@mcklayn said:

Didn't he say something about if they die their replaceable?

Well, I think that was the point of it all - to reprogram them, to make them "mortal", to send them die for the righteous cause once and for all, to end the circle.

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was asking the same question myself. I don't think they are going to be the incarnation of the Acolytes. They're going to be Magneto toys. They are going to die (once again) at some point. This story is getting interesting.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was wondering perhaps they can be the new incarnation. But it got me to think that Magneto won't forgive them for their actions of murdering those mutants. Who knows if in the long run...Magneto get to keep some...like those who made it in the suicide mission. I came to the understanding that those Marauders did what they did only because they were programmed to do so by Mr Sinister. I'm sure if Magneto will look at it that way he will give them a chance. Well...that's me guessing.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Awesome. Fav book out there right now.

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They look like they could be the new Incarnation, but I doubt it. They are like KKK being against of their own race. Magneto is killing those who are maltreating the mutants. Marauders were one of them. So I don't know what to say. Magneto book is the best out there together with Deadpool. Both are awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.