Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Magik to become new Sorceress Supreme?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

The Solicit for Avengers and X-Men: Axis #5 says

ACT II: INVERSION

• Steve Rogers enlists Spider-Man and Nova for an impossible fight.

• The new Sorceress Supreme comes for revenge on Doom.

• Iron Man vs Daredevil for the fate of an infected San Francisco.

• The X-Men claim a new home.

• The Axis of Evil strikes down the heroes of the Marvel Universe!

Now it is possible that it could be Scarlet Witch, but it could be Magik. Bendis has had her going back in time to train with Doctor Strange for the past year.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i think magik will be the new sorcerer supreme

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By devilsgrin81

out of either Wanda or Illyana, i'd tap Illyana to take the title... altho the only drawback to her is that she's also the ruler of Limbo, so might face a "conflict of interests," tho that does make for some interesting story-telling.

the only other woman who could legitimately become the new Sorceress Supreme could be Selene since her resurrection. WOuldn't those three and Agatha Harkness constitute the most powerful sorceresses in the 616 U?

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I would love to see her be

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Sure why not. I'd prefer for her to lose all the magical sorcery stuff and just be a teleporter. But if they want to overpower her then fine go all the way. In fact I'd like to see her my get Cytorrak Juggernaut powers like she wanted before Colossus jumped in the way.

If anyone needs a solo it should be Magik. It might be cool for those that like it for her to go off on her own and try to conquer all the mystical realms in the multiverse. Or I'd love to see her replace the idiotic creation Fantomex in Xforce. Teaming Magik with Psylocke and Cable and maybe adding Magneto and is his solo stuff would be a money move and may save arguably one of the better x-books being currently written, which strangely enough is not being supported in sales.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81: Clea is also more then qualified to take up the role, but I don't think the limbo thing will be a problem since Doctor Strange has sold his soul and has a very powerful demon possessing(trapped inside of) him he uses to boost his power.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its more likely Scarlett Witch because she would have it out for doom(they almost got married). Also i woulnt be surprized if scarlett witch dies at the end of AXIS, sorry but i think its her time to die. Unless magneto saves her.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

yeah i know. Also it says an x-men makes the ultimate sacrifice, i'm more gussing magneto then scott or alex. Although Alex is a close call

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I find really unlikely. They benched Wanda for about 8ish years after House of M and only just brought her back so I don't think they want to get rid of her again.

The Doom think does have me thinking it might be Wanda, but at the same time it seemed like Wanda and Doom were teaming up in this event. Though the inversion stuff kind makes it so it could go anyway.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jmarshmallow

Iron Man vs Daredevil?

Really?

Jmarshmallow

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Why the hell are they changing again of sorcerer supreme, why can´t they just leave Dr. Strange to be the sorcerer supreme, the way it should be, I mean he just got back that title a year and a half ago and now they are taking it from him again ? It really makes me mad.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

out of either Wanda or Illyana, i'd tap Illyana to take the title... altho the only drawback to her is that she's also the ruler of Limbo, so might face a "conflict of interests," tho that does make for some interesting story-telling.

the only other woman who could legitimately become the new Sorceress Supreme could be Selene since her resurrection. WOuldn't those three and Agatha Harkness constitute the most powerful sorceresses in the 616 U?

Illyana did just recently take into herself the entire Limbo realm so I'm not sure how that would affect everything.

Iron Man vs Daredevil?

Really?

Jmarshmallow

Iron Man is just a fancy Stilt-Man to DD. He'll smack the tin man all over San Fran. :)

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would be a great move for Magik, even though I suspect Clea, The Enchantress, or Selene would be better candidates. The Marvel U. would gain another super-heroine, an occasional enemy or ally, and an outright super-villain/antagonist respectively with those alternates.

@hawk2916 said:

Sure why not. I'd prefer for her to lose all the magical sorcery stuff and just be a teleporter. But if they want to overpower her then fine go all the way. In fact I'd like to see her my get Cytorrak Juggernaut powers like she wanted before Colossus jumped in the way.

If anyone needs a solo it should be Magik. It might be cool for those that like it for her to go off on her own and try to conquer all the mystical realms in the multiverse. Or I'd love to see her replace the idiotic creation Fantomex in Xforce. Teaming Magik with Psylocke and Cable and maybe adding Magneto and is his solo stuff would be a money move and may save arguably one of the better x-books being currently written, which strangely enough is not being supported in sales.

I like magic and etc., but I don't think it meshes well with the X-Men theme. I would like for her to end up inheriting reality-alteration and control on a dimensional level. It fits, given one of her brothers' powers.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Teerack

@phoenixofthetides: Oh! That's a really smart idea! I forgot all about the Enchantress. She is part of Axis to so if she got inverted good she would be a really cool Sorceress Supreme.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

The clue is in the title: • The new Sorceress Supreme comes for revenge on Doom.

Now does Illyana have anything specifically against Doom? Nothing that really springs to my mind.

Does Wanda? Ah yeah... if anyone remembers how Childrens Crusade ended.

Also there is that small thing about Strange currently loosing his soul and mind, Illyana's has lost both already, so I kinda doubt she's a candidate.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HAWK2916

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yeah. I wish it was Beast making the ultimate sacrifice though. I'm actually a little afraid it might be Emma making the ultimate sacrifice. I'm thinking in terms of who has not really done that before and along with what @teerack was saying about them just bringing back Wanda. I guess Magik could do it and maybe this where these events and all these futures start to tie in because I think in BOTA (yea I know horrible right) Colossus had Magik's sword because she had died or killed herself or something, so maybe AXIS is where she does that

By the way speaking of the whole Limbo thing with Magik. It seems that that plot has been left dangling a bit. I certainly want to know what implications that has. It might be cool for her just to use it as sort of a power up or something to be like Captain Britain. Maybe she can use the Limbo energy to propel her in flight, heightened endurance, stamina, strength, speed, durability, even healing and energy blast. Maybe she could even use it as a sixth sense kind of deal or psychometry related to her being abke to travel into the past and future. That might be kind of cool

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By XsPectre28

id say maybe magik is to become S.S only because scarlet witch was shown coming to Dr. Doom's aid on one of the art covers for AXIS. but on the new Avengers team we see both Dr. Strange & Scarlet Witch so maybe S.W does become S.S. if Magik does become S.S does that mean she will be removed from X-men to receive her own book?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: I agree. It has its place and its fine occasionally but not all the time in Xmen at least in my opinion. Enchantress or Selene would be great as a super powered villain sorceress supreme.
    I also like your idea of Magik getting reality-altering powers and dimensional control stuff as well

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see why Illyana would seek revenge on Doom though, unless I've missed something?
    I mean, it would be cool if it were her and would make sense considering how she's evolving in Uncanny X-men, but I don't quite understand that part.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd prefer Scarlet Witch honestly

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously? You're telling me Dr. strange lost the mantle and only got it back so Hickman can make him fall from grace so soon?

Wtf marvel? Then what? You give it back to him when his movie comes out?

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
    HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d:

Seriously? You're telling me Dr. strange lost the mantle and only got it back so Hickman can make him fall from grace so soon?

Wtf marvel? Then what? You give it back to him when his movie comes out?

Yes. Exactly this. Sad, huh?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By slimj87d

@heraldofganthet: it's hard to love marvel when they do stuff like this... I feel like we should support Indie comics more for these kinds of reasons.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@slimj87d:

We knew he was bound to lose the Sorcerer Supreme title given he actually started using the power of blood bible, sold his soul for blood magic and killed people who were for all intent and purpose innocent.

Perhaps they can turn him into something akin to Kaluu, the master of Dark Art.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
    HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@slimj87d:

it's hard to love marvel when they do stuff like this... I feel like we should support Indie comics more for these kinds of reasons.

I hear ya man. I haven't read their stuff in years. Powerless Captain America, chick Thor, necromancer Black Panther, Doc Ock in Spider-Man's body, Red Hulk beating Watchers and Elders of the Universe to death. With his fist. A fist that wasn't holding the Ultimate Nullifier...

Sheesh. Jack Kirby is probably rolling over in his grave over all this nonsense.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: I'm not upset about how it happened, I'm upset at why it happened in the first place.

Why kill brother voodoo or have that whole arc in the first place just to have him lose it again and more than likely give it back to him in another year and a half when his movie comes out?

That would mean in a span of 6 years he list and regained his title 3 times.

It'll be overplayed by then...

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@slimj87d:

As a huge fan of Stephen I am not exactly happy about what's happening to him because as it stands now he is at best an anti-hero stretching toward being a full blown villain.

I was merely pointing that there were tell tale signs this was going to happen soon.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it was already shown in all new x-men 25 that magik will be getting the crown. dr strange is closely working with magik. also, magik has already defeated strange during avx

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Honestly I'm hoping it will be Jennifer Kale. She's a lesser known character, and she could give Ghost Rider and Man-Thing something to do.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see why Illyana would seek revenge on Doom though, unless I've missed something?

I mean, it would be cool if it were her and would make sense considering how she's evolving in Uncanny X-men, but I don't quite understand that part.

Maybe it is because he tapped into the power source that gave the Scarlet Witch access to chaos magic/lifestream/whatever, which drove her crazy and made her depower so many mutants so he is indirectly responsible for M Day.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.