Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Madelyn Pryor

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So she's back. I hope she wears her goblyn queen costume. why is it that she is never said to be an omega level mutant. she is jean's clone. I hope she gets powerful enough to tap onto the Phoenix force. it would be really kick ass if both her and rachel fight with them both able to tap onto the phoenix power

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought she could harness a bit of the Phoenix Force. That is how Nate Grey was able to resurrect her initially.

In any case, I find it funny how almost everything that goes on the X-Men, still to this day, circles back to characters and concepts from the 80s.

Way to keep it fresh, Marvel.

No Caption Provided

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By HAWK2916

Maddie was done wrong back in the day. In fact the more and more I think about it, as much as I like Jean Grey, i would have preferred if she stayed dead and Maddie sort of took her place. For Jean to keep dying and keep coming back is a disservice to her character. That said I do want Maddie back and I hope she stays permanently. Im fine with her being a villain just hellbent on destroying the xmen because of how she was treated in favor Jean.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Maddie was done wrong back in the day. In fact the more and more I think about it, as much as I like Jean Grey, i would have preferred if she stayed dead and Maddie sort of took her place. For Jean to keep dying and keep coming back is a disservice to her character. That said I do want Maddie back and I hope she stays permanently. Im fine with her being a villain just hellbent on destroying the xmen because of how she was treated in favor Jean.

Jean Grey has actually only really "died" once and came back once.

Also, Madelyne Pryor was pretty well accepted by the X-Men. In fact, she was very much treated as a bonafide team member. No one treated her badly in favor of Jean except for Cyclops...however, that whole thing lies within the fault of the writers who brought Jean back and Claremont had to clean up the mess somehow.

The only reason she was really evil to begin with is that she was infected with dark magic while he mind was deteriorating from the cloning process apparently. Even after Nate resurrected her she wasn't really evil, she was possessed by Selene for a time, but she, herself was never really a villain. Well, until recently for some reason

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Please give her some new character beats. Please let her grow and this reappearance mean something. Please don't just use the character as a prop/vehicle to rehash old storylines.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HAWK2916

@cattlebattle: So by that would you prefer she not be a villain and join the xmen?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@cattlebattle: So by that would you prefer she not be a villain and join the xmen?

That would be interesting, sure. Rather than rehashing her as a bad guy. Honestly, and I know it makes me sound negative about the franchise, but it seems like they always redo the same ideas in the X-books, I would just rather they came up with some new characters altogether, new villains, new "big bads". I don't see why, if they were going to make a Sisterhood of mutants, they couldn't just create brand new characters. I mean, isn't Enchantress on the roster this time?? What does she have anything to do with the any X-character other than battling them once or twice a long time ago?? It's just so random.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought she could harness a bit of the Phoenix Force. That is how Nate Grey was able to resurrect her initially.

In any case, I find it funny how almost everything that goes on the X-Men, still to this day, circles back to characters and concepts from the 80s.

Way to keep it fresh, Marvel.

No Caption Provided

Say what you will about C. Claremont, but there is no question that his story lines have more longevity. Partially due to his unprecedented multi-year run on the X-books. Nowadays, you are lucky if 1 writer stays with a team book for 2 years.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HAWK2916

@phoenixofthetides: By that line of reasoning, Bendis should be close to the end of his run!!!!!! Please God let that be true!!!! Seriously

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I will never fault anyone who has a sensible criticism about the state of the xmen. I happen to think you are spot on with that one. Maddie possibly joining the xmen only bothers me because we would have yet another former "villain" joining the already overcrowded xmen. Other than that it would be interesting to have Maddie at least not being crazy. Though I can see how she would hate all things Cyclops and Jean Grey. I just want her back anyway possible

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.