Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Looks Like Emma Frost Will Be In X-Men: First Class

• 73 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    Rumor time. We know that X-Men: First Class is supposed to deal with a young Professor X and Magneto. To me, "First Class" should deal with the original five X-Men ( Cyclops, Jean, Angel, Beast and Iceman). Yesterday we heard that Michael Fassbender could be playing Magneto against James McAvoy's Professor X. The latest rumor that just surfaced is Emma Frost could be appearing in the movie.

Why is this coming up? According to Forces of Geek (via SupherHeroHype), Rosamund Pike (Surrogates) was seen in a casting director's office (who worked as Matthew Vaughn's casting director for Kick-Ass and Stardust). That may not say much but she was seen with the recent X-Men Origins: Emma Frost comic. 

Yes, that's how rumors get started. Hopefully we'll find out real soon since the movie is set to be released on just under one year now. Do you think Emma Frost has a place in this movie or should the focus be on the original five. Also, if the movie is supposed to have film locations set in Central or South America, what the heck will the movie be about?
    Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Namor1987

Sounds interesting. Plus Jean Grey is overused even though she was one of the original 5 X-Men

punisher1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By punisher1313

Sounds like it could be about Storm.
    I'm cool with that.

Bathory1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Bathory1313

My question is this.. is this movie based of comic based.. cause if it's movie based.. the original five will not include Angle (X3), so my assumption would be Storm, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast (Maybe) and white queen... I say that due to Wolverine Origins were Professor X picked them up toward the end of the movie... 

Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Chane

I have no idea how this would work, the movie x-verse is a little messed up.

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Gylan Thomas
    @Bathory1313 said:
    " My question is this.. is this movie based of comic based.. cause if it's movie based.. the original five will not include Angle (X3), so my assumption would be Storm, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast (Maybe) and white queen... I say that due to Wolverine Origins were Professor X picked them up toward the end of the movie...  "
    This guy's right.
    Unless first class is a reboot it couldn't be the original five. 
    However movie Frost woudl be younger than Pike, right?
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#7  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Characters like Emma, Kitty Pryde, Wolverine, and Storm shouldn't come in until the sequel. First Class should focus on the first five X-Men (Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Iceman, and Angel), and Professor Xavier, plus Magneto and some of the earlier members of the Brotherhood.  

Bathory1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bathory1313
    @Gylan Thomas said:
    " @Bathory1313 said:
    " My question is this.. is this movie based of comic based.. cause if it's movie based.. the original five will not include Angle (X3), so my assumption would be Storm, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast (Maybe) and white queen... I say that due to Wolverine Origins were Professor X picked them up toward the end of the movie...  "
    This guy's right. Unless first class is a reboot it couldn't be the original five.  However movie Frost woudl be younger than Pike, right? "
    You would think she would be younger... maybe it will be a reboot.. going in the direction of the regular/ultimate universe.. where Emma is a head mistress of a different school?

Only time will tell, but seeing some of this I'm not sure I'm getting any warm and fuzzy's
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By joshmightbe

id like to see quicksilver and scarlet witch in the movies they did start out in the brotherhood

Avatar image for deactivated-5e2bfb4a59ec7
    deactivated-5e2bfb4a59ec7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a stupid idea. If they want to use Emma so badly then they should either make a White Queen or Hell Fire Club movie instead of screwing with the X-Men's origin story. On second thought after watching X-Men: The Last Stand it may not matter what they do in comic book movies anymore. Just as long as the movie sells tickets.
    DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11  Edited By DMC
    @Namor1987 said:
    " Sounds interesting. Plus Jean Grey is overused even though she was one of the original 5 X-Men "
    Overused you say? Like Wolverine/Hugh Jackman overused? Jean Grey is one of the original X-Men. Nuff said
    cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cmaprice

Actually, if this is in the same continuity as the rest of the X-films it makes a whole lot of sense (granted, it's a horrible idea)

Iceman and Angel can't be in First Class if they keep continuity.
    Jean and Scott are among Xavier's first students.
    It's suggested strongly that Storm and Beast could also be among the first.
    Jason Stryker would have been possible, but he was frozen at the time of the Wolverine film, prior to the formation of the X-Men.
    Kayla's sister Emma (we'd assume Emma Frost as she's blonde and turns into diamond) helped get the young mutants off of the island alongside Scott and Xavier.

Therefore, some version of Emma was present when Scott met the professor. It's possible that with Kayla dead, Emma might want to fight against the possibility of mutants being rounded up and experimented on by the government. She could either train with Xavier or help out as one of the teachers.

While I think it's time to pull the plug on this franchise after the last two releases (and this one doesn't promise to be any better) I know it's not going to happen.  That being the case, if internal franchise continuity stays intact, Emma Frost is worlds more possible for First Class than Iceman or Angel.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13  Edited By doordoor123
    @Bathory1313 said:
    wouldnt that also mean gambit is with them?
    cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cmaprice
    @doordoor123: 
    Gambit goes the opposite direction along with Wolverine, I believe. I don't recall Gambit ever interacting with the Professor, et al.
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15  Edited By doordoor123
    @cmaprice:  oh. whatever. I hated that movie anyhow. LOL
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16  Edited By The_Martian

So I guess we should be expecting Wolverine?

spiderguylll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By spiderguylll

Oh yeah!!! Next up...Cyclops

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Cherry Bomb

I hope Emma does appear. (: there's definately a place for her in the movie.
    She had an appearance in  the Wolverine movie for gods sake ... so I'd much prefer her in First Class..

But hopefully not played by  Rosamund Pike.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I wouldn't mind seeing her make a few appearances during the movie, but not as a member of the x-men.. yet.

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dondasch

They should skip doing First Class altogether, and find a way to do Age of Apocalypse

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By sora_thekey
    @War Killer said:
    " Characters like Emma, Kitty Pryde, Wolverine, and Storm shouldn't come in until the sequel. First Class should focus on the first five X-Men (Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Iceman, and Angel), and Professor Xavier, plus Magneto and some of the earlier members of the Brotherhood.   "
    Couldn't have said it better myself!
    SuperXAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By SuperXAsh

I'm still of the mindset that they should just use this movie as a means to reboot the franchise.

the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By the_fallen11

Maybe if we all chant reboot loud enough the movie gods will hear us and give us what we want

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25  Edited By jakob187

Personally, if she could get some acting chops, I think she'd be better suited for Tulip in a Preacher movie.

Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Queen's Halo

Great pick in my opinion. She was awesome as a Bond Girl and she can act (See Pride and Prejudice).

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sparty-dbq

Ugh, I am not looking forward to a Scott/Jean/Emma triangle at all.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I don't care if it's canon. I'm happy and actually my interest in the movie just jumped infinitely. With one HUGE caveat. If they try and make Emma a love interest of Professor Xavier or Magneto. You will not get me anywhere near that movie. I will never watch that movie That was the reason I never bought any of the Ultimate X-Men comics.

I thought the actress they selected for Emma in the Wolverine Origin's movie was pretty, I just hope they drop that blasted relationship as Silver Fox's sister.

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By Shadowdoggy

hmm, if it's a real first class story, she could be in and not screw things up 
    but she'd better not have diamond powers before she's supposed to 
    she should be psychic now, and diamond later 
    it's sort of a huge a part of her character's development and eventual benediction
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Nobody said:
    " So I guess we should be expecting Wolverine? "
    Sadly, yes....
    bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By bingbangboom

I think that they have it sort of wrong just because Emma wouldn't make sense, but that hasn't stopped them before. 

No Caption Provided

Instead I think she will play Moira MacTaggert, Charles's former lover and helped create the Danger Room. That would make a better casting choice for the movie because it seems that it will focus more on the creation of the team with these "older" actors leading the way. She also had a son, forgot the name, that was a mutant with Charles that had the power to warp reality.
    daken_2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By daken_2513

Thisll be cool i like Emma Frosts orgin story
    Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cherry Bomb

I can't see Rosamund Pike being Emma Frost to be honest,
    I doubt they'd pick an older actress. 
    Especially picking a younger one for Emma in X-Men Origins.

She's probably playing Moira MacTaggert or Amelia Voght.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Thunderscream

I'm thoroughly confused now. How old exactly are Chuck and Mags supposed to be in this adaptation? I've also seen on this site somewhere that Aaron Johnson might be Cyclops or Iceman (just a rumor i guess)....so what would the age difference be between the original team and the mentor? If Emma DOES show up, I hope it's as a villain or maybe just a cameo setting up for stories to come.

MetatronDaDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MetatronDaDon

This would fit in with the Ultimate Marvel. In that universe  Prof X and Emma Frost are ex-spouses.

WOuld make sense since all the reboots/cartoons/movies etc. have an aspect of Ultimate marvel to introduce chars to younger viewers.

Spectacular Spider-Man , Black Nick Fury, Super Hero Squad etc

uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#37  Edited By uncanny89
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx:   im with you on this if she is going to be in the film then i hope she starts as a villain.   

Does anyone think that maybe she might be moira?
    Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Adam Michaels

If they're to maintain the film franchise's continuity, it makes sense that Emma is in First Class. Since X-Men Origins: Wolverine takes place before any X-Men movie so far, then Emma and Scott being picked up by a WALKING Charles falls in line with Emma being part of the original team.  

This could also add to Jean joining the team and a love triangle between the three youngsters occurs. When Scott picks Jean, Emma chooses to leave (explaining why she was not part of the X-Men trilogy).

Also, seeing as how Beast and Storm had a preexisting friendship in X3, it would make sense if Beast was part of the team once and simply left to work as the mutant-human liaison to the President. We know Beast is not violent by nature so he maybe felt he can better serve his community in the White House.

And obviously, Angel can't be part of this movie (like he was in the comics) because we already know that in X3, it was the first time any of them met him. And Iceman, although part of the trilogy, was only a young student, so he can't be part of the original team.  

I REALLY wish Marvel Studios will one day soon get the rights back so they can retcon this thing and do it right. I know this franchise is BIG money for Fox so I doubt they'd give it up without a fight. Here's hoping Disney steps in and gets it. 

Anyone know if there is a "deadline" for Fox's rights to the X-Men films? I know that part of the deal is if they keep making movies, they retain the rights. But is there an ultimate expiry date to this deal or is it for as long as they keep making them, they keep the franchise at Fox?

brendon277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By brendon277

Actually almost every marvel movie has something to do with the Ultimate Marvel Universe like sometimes the heroes costumes like For Elektra her costume was sort of like the Ultimate Universe

Earth-1610 Ultimate
    Earth-1610 Ultimate
    Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40  Edited By Chaos Burn

Urgh NOOO Emma Frost, stick to the original context for once
    i want to see the ORIGINAL X-men, Magneto and Prof. X.... and maybe a cool badguy

daken_2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By daken_2513

The ages of all the acters are confusing  
    Professor X and Magneto look like there 20  
    Emma looks 30 if thats the actress whos playing her

Its just confusing me shouldnt Emma be a teenager if this is Xmen First Class 
    WTF is Emma even doing in this film she didnt join the xmen till Morrisons run 
    Unless they make her a villain that be cool

Hyperion31916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hyperion31916

WOW!!!! Can we all just agree this whole thing is just one giant disaster. I totally learned my lesson with wolverine origins (and that movie had way more time to be completed). No more marvel prequel movies for me. Hopefully more people follow me lead and not go see this mess no matter how good they make the trailers look. By hurting their wallets that'll teach them to put out shitty half-assed movies. Remember they hook you with the trailers people.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#43  Edited By xerox_kitty

Why can't they just stick to the source material... in fact, why not just give up the franchise & reboot?  It's long overdue...

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

I think they could set up that Emma tried to start her own school or was maybe there helping out in the creation of the X-Men like Magneto (only not as big a part as Magneto or Xavier).
    Wait, wasn't ultimate Emma Frost there with Xavier at the beginning of the X-Men?  Are they going the Ultimate rout with this movie too?

Roninidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Roninidas

I think Marvel should re-obtain the rights to the X-Men... wait until after Avengers comes out.  Reboot the Franchise (I know... I know.. I used the evil R-Word).  Have the X-Men First Class movie come out in 2013 with the original 5 X-Men with a planned Trilogy, showing a progression in use and control of their Mutant abilities and lead into an explosive Third Movie Deadly Genesis Story-Arc, for a possible Fourth Movie, debuting the new Team, Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, for a possible Fourth movie. 

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I love Emma Frost but I dont see Rosamund Pike having enough sauce to pull her off. Emma being in the film (possibly) doesnt bother me as much as the casting choice does.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ArtisticNeedham
    @Roninidas: 
     I was thinking something similar, but maybe do a Smallville/Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Heroes type TV drama with the X-Men that would focus on the Xavier Institute and not have costumes.
    Season one would be the original 5 and establish everything, Season two would bring in mutants from around the world (Wolverine, Storm, Thunderbird, Banshee, Sunfire, Nightcrawler)
    devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By devilmanex
    @Chane: The movie Xverse is REALLY f***** up.  I really hope they go back to the basics with the comic verse and just rehash the whole thing.  If Emma is in it then obviously they didn't learn anything from X3 or Wolverine Origins.  I can't wait until the rights go back to Marvel.
    Roninidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Roninidas
    @ArtisticNeedham:
    You know what... I think a Small Screen adaption would be better for the X-Men. 
    Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Lokheit
    @bingbangboom: I think you mean Proteus. Proteus was Moira's son, but his father wasn't Xavier, unless you're talking about Ultimate X-men, but on Uncanny X-Men universe his father was Moira's ex-husband (proteus ended up possessing him and destroying his body with the use of his powers). 

I don't want to see Emma Frost in this film, I agree with the Moira's cast theory, this would make a lot of sense, but Emma is one of my favourites characters and putting her on the initial 5 x-men would make no sense with this character: I want it to be a reboot, so Iceman and Angel with the original x-men would be perfect.  

Rosamund was on a James Bond film (with storm xD) where she was names Miss Frost if I remember well, and at some point she is called Ice Queen, in fact when I saw this fil I thought she would be good as a candidate for Emma's part, but not on this film, if she is supossed to be on the same age range than Scott (both on comics and on film universe) why pick an actress that was born on the same year than James McAvoy who is playing Xavier's part...

Just a thought after wolverine movie: According to this movie, if Scott end up with Frost on this universe... that would make Wolverine and Cyclops brothers-in-law of their respective girls... lol how much I hate the mess this films are...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.