Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Leading A Team And Leading A Nation.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Blood1991

I've seen alot on the topic of how Cyclops bears the wait of the mutant race on his sholders, and has to make the tough choices and what not, but it really bothers me how he rarely takes or ask for advice. He kinda comes of as a dictator to me, always making the tough decisons on his own. Not that he isn't a capable leader and IS a good team leader but a nation isn't a team. Shouldn't he have some kinda consel on big issues involving mutant kind? Kinda like the JLA consel. What are you other viners thoughts.

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

- This is going to get ugly..

VesKaGan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VesKaGan

Rarely takes advice? Maybe that's because people mostly tend to criticize him without giving any advice.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Skaddix

Or maybe its because the writers don't do a good job. Seriously, there is no way the US would ever allow another nation to get built in their territory. Utopia seems to have little government bureaucracy, no constitution, limited production capabilities, cannot grow cops because the island is basically pure iron, and is totally reliant on SF for most resources besides Water. Now that is not Scott's fault that is simply poor writing.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By papad1992

@WarMachineMarkV said:

- This is going to get ugly..

Defiantly!!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Skaddix said:

Or maybe its because the writers don't do a good job. Seriously, there is no way the US would ever allow another nation to get built in their territory. Utopia seems to have little government bureaucracy, no constitution, limited production capabilities, cannot grow cops because the island is basically pure iron, and is totally reliant on SF for most resources besides Water. Now that is not Scott's fault that is simply poor writing.

I agree. I blame this on the terrible writing of Cyclops that's been going on lately.
    Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Blood1991

@VesKaGan: Maybe he has bad ideas....When they do speak against him he just shoves them aside and does what he wanted anyway

@Skaddix: @Rabbitearsblog: They seem to have built him up just to let him fall... I dunno what direction they are going with hi right now.

I was thinking they could get together and talk about big issues like in Uncanny 1 where they are sitting at the table. AVX is big and it would be awesome to know where everyone stood.

Like Cyke wants to save mutantkind whatever the cost

Emma wants to let Hope deciede

Storm wants to resolve this conflict peacefully

Namor knows thats not gonna happen

Magneto is worried about Scott making the mistakes he made.

A group discussion would make for some more dramatic writing and make this event seem less like a cluster F&*k

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Blood1991 said:

@VesKaGan: Maybe he has bad ideas....When they do speak against him he just shoves them aside and does what he wanted anyway

@Skaddix: @Rabbitearsblog: They seem to have built him up just to let him fall... I dunno what direction they are going with hi right now.

I was thinking they could get together and talk about big issues like in Uncanny 1 where they are sitting at the table. AVX is big and it would be awesome to know where everyone stood.

A group discussion would make for some more dramatic writing and make this event seem less like a cluster F&*k

I agree. It would have been better if this event had started off with the X-Men and the Avengers having a discussion about what is going on and what they would do about it instead of going straight to the problem without discussing first. It feels like this AvX event is just there for the sake of creating another event instead of telling an effective story.
    Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Blood1991

@Rabbitearsblog: I agree 100% there. This is basically Civil War all over again leading to another overused Phoenix story.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Blood1991 said:

@Rabbitearsblog: I agree 100% there. This is basically Civil War all over again leading to another overused Phoenix story.

Yeah, I really think they need to stop using the Phoenix concept again because while it was great when it was first introduced, it's getting tiring right now.
    Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blood1991

@Rabbitearsblog: I love how they think adding a new host is supposed to make this less predictable. Even with a few "host" running around this seems like a shallow ploy to attract new reader like Civil War was. lol I feel off topic. I tjink Utopia is a VERY flawed concept especially since there seem to be no laws or currency... It is more like they own a time share or something XD

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Blood1991 said:

@Rabbitearsblog: I love how they think adding a new host is supposed to make this less predictable. Even with a few "host" running around this seems like a shallow ploy to attract new reader like Civil War was. lol I feel off topic. I tjink Utopia is a VERY flawed concept especially since there seem to be no laws or currency... It is more like they own a time share or something XD

Yeah, I never got the idea about Utopia. I mean, I understand that the mutants needed a place to stay on to get away from all the mutant haters who are out to kill them, but the logic of how Utopia works is just so out there I just can't get into the fact that there would be a place that is located in an isolated place.
    Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Skaddix

I agree some group discussions would have been nice from both sides talking about the issues. I also would have preferred for us to see some actual attempts at negotiation that break down for some reason like maybe the avengers find out about Scott's X-Force and decide they cannot trust him. Instead of Scott just blasting Steve but that would be good writing. When is the last time we had that? It feels like a long time since we have seen a good portion of the x-men written in character.

I agree on the Utopia comments. Its like they thought a country was a nice idea but they had no idea what is involved in building a country. Its not even that hard. Take the senior x-men and put each one in charge of a department. Scott is President, Storm is Vice President. Frost can be commerce, Magneto can be defense, Namor can be State, etc. Psylocke is Head of Security so Police Chief. Make a court not like they have a lot of people so only one Judge make that Vange (she is a lawyer), Danger is the warden so she can prosecute, find another x-men like Prodigy to be defense attorney. Make some sort of legislative drafting system and have everyone vote. Have Vange write out a constitution.

What they should do is have a nice obvious embassy like building which looks like mutants actually live there while having the bulk of the population hidden elsewhere.

Still on the bright side this event will be less boring then fear itself.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Skaddix said:

I agree some group discussions would have been nice from both sides talking about the issues. I also would have preferred for us to see some actual attempts at negotiation that break down for some reason like maybe the avengers find out about Scott's X-Force and decide they cannot trust him. Instead of Scott just blasting Steve but that would be good writing. When is the last time we had that? It feels like a long time since we have seen a good portion of the x-men written in character.

I agree on the Utopia comments. Its like they thought a country was a nice idea but they had no idea what is involved in building a country. Its not even that hard. Take the senior x-men and put each one in charge of a department. Scott is President, Storm is Vice President. Frost can be commerce, Magneto can be defense, Namor can be State, etc. Psylocke is Head of Security so Police Chief. Make a court not like they have a lot of people so only one Judge make that Vange (she is a lawyer), Danger is the warden so she can prosecute, find another x-men like Prodigy to be defense attorney. Make some sort of legislative drafting system and have everyone vote. Have Vange write out a constitution.

What they should do is have a nice obvious embassy like building which looks like mutants actually live there while having the bulk of the population hidden elsewhere.

Still on the bright side this event will be less boring then fear itself.

I agree with all this. I didn't exactly like the idea about Captain America and Cyclops just suddenly fighting each other. They would have talked over this situation first before they came to blows, but all the characters have been written out of character lately.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Blood1991 said:

QFT. That's what ground-breaking, catastrophic, world-shaking, mind-bending, exciting events like these are supposed to be about. LOL.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Blood1991

@AgeofHurricane: Exactly! This whole thing is like "oh no we are all gonna die. LETS FIGHT!" Lol because that is a sane rational thing to do.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Blood1991 said:

@AgeofHurricane: Exactly! This whole thing is like "oh no we are all gonna die. LETS FIGHT!" Lol because that is a sane rational thing to do.

Like, i remember them having their frequent round table discussions in Second Coming, though, certain characters didn't exactly have their say on matters like they should of, but they were still memorable nonetheless. AvX just seems like, i don't know...forced.

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Far too many Marvel writers need to re-learn a basic lesson about their craft. It is not only their job to tell me what happens, but also to show me why. The suspension of disbelief does not hold when nothing seen is explained and in many cases flies in the face of past canon.

TheDealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheDealer

Whatever happened to that committee of Magneto, Storm, Cyclops, Emma, et cetera?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Blood1991

@TheDealer: Other than Storm making them raise their hands in Uncanny 1 has been the extent for awhile and in the end I feel that Scot ALWAYS has his way so it feels rater pointless.

@WarMachineMarkV: Exactly! why things happen are rarely well explained and in big events like Fear Itself you have to get at least half the tie ins to even have an idea of whats going on and how it acctually effects the Marvel Universe.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @WarMachineMarkV said:

- Far too many Marvel writers need to re-learn a basic lesson about their craft. It is not only their job to tell me what happens, but also to show me why. The suspension of disbelief does not hold when nothing seen is explained and in many cases flies in the face of past canon.

Exactly! I'm starting to really doubt these events nowadays because Marvel never want to explain to the audience about why these events come about and instead they are just forcing them on the fans instead of just explaining why they began in the first place. I still think that Avengers vs. X-Men is too forced and not a lot of time went into explaining why the X-Men and the Avengers would even fight each other.
    RogueOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RogueOracle

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

Exactly! I'm starting to really doubt these events nowadays because Marvel never want to explain to the audience about why these events come about and instead they are just forcing them on the fans instead of just explaining why they began in the first place. I still think that Avengers vs. X-Men is too forced and not a lot of time went into explaining why the X-Men and the Avengers would even fight each other.

Agreed. The events come and go to give them any real depth.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.