Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Lauren Shuler Donner Talks X-Men Movies

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Last week it looked like the actor that played Cyclops in X-Men Origins: Wolverine let it slip that he was going to start filming X-Men First Class next February.  Then the actor revealed that he was the victim of a prank, someone managed to post that tweet on his account.  Slash Film recently attended an event for the Blu-ray for Wolverine and addressed the issue.  She confirmed that there is no truth to the rumor that First Class would begin in February.  She did confirm that while no actors have signed on to be in the film, the kid actors in Wolverine had signed options for future films.

It's unclear when First Class would begin production and Donner mentioned that she has several other ideas for mutant films.  One that she mentioned was "X4" which would bring back the main cast once again.  X4 has yet to be pitched to the studio but it would seem likely that FOX would want to continue making X-Men films in order to keep the license.  The other film she mentioned was doing The New Mutants.

It looks like we could expect quite a few X-movies in the future.  We still have Magneto Origins, Deadpool and Wolverine 2 that could happen someday.  What are your thoughts on an X4 movie and The New Mutants being added to that list?  Should they try to focus on doing one movie at a time or do they have the resources to work on several at once?  That could make it easier to have cameos included if filming for the different movies take place close by each other.  Do you think X4 could work or should they just focus on rebooting?  Do you think New Mutants would be different enough from an X-Men First Class movie?
    LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By LoganRogue24

if they make x-4 i hope they ignore x-3 and continue were x-2 left off. and bring back Bryan Singer to direct it.

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By King Quisling

New Mutants FTW :D Cannonball on film? How could I not want that?   

But on another note. 

I'd much rather see X4 or a First Class movie over a reboot. X3 and X-Men Origins may have not been that great but X-Men and X2 are still two fantastic movies. X4 would be the perfect chance to "right" all the "wrongs" from Origins and X3. Plus with the Origins movies possibly becoming a trilogy X4 would be the first time we could get a X-Men movie that doesn't focus on Wolverine. It's far too soon for a reboot and the X-Movieverse still has plenty of potential. 

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bruce Vain

I rather them do an X-Men 4 but this time bring in Apocalypse. I've been dying to see him be brought to the big screen. That way we can also have Mr.Sinister (I would like to see Andrew Divoff play him) and his Nasty Boys & Mystique accompany Apocaylypse ; and of course let's not forget to have Apocalypse's Four Horseman and turn Angel into Archangel and perhaps have Sunfire and make him one of the horsemen as well. 

And if you're gonna have Apocalypse you gotta have Cable (my choice Kurt Russell) in it, and why not throw in Bishop too.
    Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Adam Michaels

Although I'm not against more films, I am starting to believe this is becoming one big mix up. 

They're coming up with ideas for various X-films, rebooting a character that's been placed in one film, other films in planning/script stages and it's all giving me a headache.  

It's as if they're doing all this for the sake of doing it. I think they are losing focus on a major plot story that connects all the individual stories together. It almost seems unorganized to me now. 

With the Avengers plot, there is a direction. That direction began with Iron Man and Incredible Hulk. That direction will continue through Thor and Captain America. That direction will lead us into the Avengers team up. These individual stories, regardless of time and place, are all a part of a bigger picture that brings them together, eventually. 

I feel like that is not the case with the X-Men franchise over at FOX. Although I know it's a longshot now, I wish FOX loses or relinquishes the rights to the X-Men film franchise and all goes back to Marvel Studios. This way, they can probably clean up the mess and bring us the X-Men the way we want them to.
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King Quisling
    @Bruce Vain said:
     Cable (my choice Kurt Russell) 
    Hahaha perfect casting. How about Micheal J. White as Bishop? :D
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @King Quisling said:
    " @Bruce Vain said:
     Cable (my choice Kurt Russell) 
    Hahaha perfect casting. How about Micheal J. White as Bishop? :D "

Anything with Michael Jai White I'm down for him being in; wish he had more screen time in DK . Personally, I always thought that guy from Andromeda or Mayhem from Amercian Gladiators would've been a good Bishop.
    Avatar image for the_human_stain
    The Human Stain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The Human Stain

There should be some time traveling involved in order to erase the mess of X3.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Moomin123

I hope they make an X-Men 4. If they do. I hope that there is a way for Proffessor X or Cyclops to return. It wasn't a good idea to kill them off. I also hope that Sabretooth and Deadpool appear as well.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#9  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Moomin123: But remember, Professor X was still alive at the end...sort of.  He managed to put his pysche into that dude in the coma.  I think it was after the credits. LAME.  And we didn't technically see Scott's body (I don't think, trying to block certain parts out), we just saw his visor.
    Ellocobruja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ellocobruja

This is such bad news 

X-men- Not Bad 
    X-Men 2- Better 
    X-Men 3- Crap on a crap stick dipped in crap eith a side of crapity-crap-crap. 

No one wants to say it so I will. 
    Marvel can do better than Fox with this. I Rather see no new X-Flicks till Marvel makes them unless you get new actors, writers and all. 

The Quuen of Fangirls has spoken!
    Avatar image for armored_victory
    Armored Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Armored Victory
    @LoganRogue24: Never gonna happen about forgetting X3.

My thoughts one the movies:

XMO: Wolverine -  Too Much in one movie and lots of technical problems.
    X-Men - Not great but a good start.
    X2 - The Best Hands down!!!
    X-Men 3 - Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  As a comic girl I loved it.  I have many friends that weren't comic fans that loved it too.  People have to realize the  movie tied up the loose ends left by #2 and that the movie was for everyone, Comic & Movie Fans alike.

I personally would be very interested in seeing X-Men First Class done as opposed to an X4.
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By goldenkey

reboot.  Get some new blood

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PrinceIMC

I'd prefer a first class movie. See the Emma, Scott, Jean love triangle. Young Storm and Beast and possibly Gambit playing the recruit who doesn't stick around, the Wolverine part.

Though if they do an X4 it could incorporate the New Mutants too couldn't they? Though are the New Mutants famous enough to carry a movie themselves?

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AngelFrost

I hope they make the 'First Class' movie, it's a good premise.
    and I love the New Mutants, so I hope they pursue that movie aswell. 

:D 

Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dro

Cable in a movie! YES! But probably without the white hair. I think white hair in a live action movie would be just a little too ridiculous and out of place to work.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Darkchild

Id much rather a New Mutants film rather than a First Class, not dissing people who like First Class (okay yes i am hahaha losers) but i want a New Mutants movie

shankarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By shankarma

i want it all do it do it
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I think the movies could use a reboot. It might be needed since the X3 film pretty much killed off Cyclops and Xavier. If they make a new movie and add in Emma Frost, casting her well. All would be forgiven in my book.

I'm not sure if they would revive Jean for the movies if this is more a continued story, then a reboot. Comic audiences can accept frequent revivals. I don't know if movie audiences are so forgiving.

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By jefprice
    @G-Man said:

" @Moomin123: But remember, Professor X was still alive at the end...sort of.  He managed to put his pysche into that dude in the coma. 

Well at one point something like this happened in the books. In fact I was reminded of this by a friend over at Comic Related. 

NO REBOOTS I HATE THEM 

X4 and   New Mutants sound great. 

People in the comic world need to realize that MANY MANY people LOVE these films, all of them. Including myself and there isn't an X Book I haven't  read except for a few years after 2001. I'm a huge X fan, I own most every X-Men book from 100 on and I'm able to watch and enjoy these films for being films. The first was my least favorite mainly because of the crap dialog, but I really enjoyed them all. I've also met many people that love these movies and have started reading the comics because of them. And that certainly is one point of the films.  

I can enjoy the films for what they are. Most people can, except for people on comic sites apparently,  I know people can because here in ohio X3 did so well in was in theaters for over 7 weeks, which is almost unheard of, they're all high grossing, and have done well on the big screen and on dvd. I worked for Best Buy when X3 came out and we had too many copies and it still almost sold out it's first week on selves. Sure they may have a few issues, but we need to know that movies have fans beyond our comic fan walls.
    Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Tyler Starke

I'd just like to see an X-men film that didn't center around Wolverine, and I think First class would be perfect for that

robbiesol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By robbiesol

I would want to watch X-Men First Class, X-Men 4, and New Mutants in that order. 

First Class is definately one I'd be most interested in and actually watch at a theater.    
    Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Namor1987

New Mutants would be awesome the characters are so diverse & their powers are so different than what we've seen so far that the crowd wouldn't be bored seeing the same thing for the 5th time in a row it'd be a fresh start IMO then we could possibly more X-teams if this one does well.
    Nyogtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Nyogtha

Id like to see X-4 if they bring in more Colossus and Juggernaut. Use the characters from the 90's cartoon why don't ya?!

Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24  Edited By Dark Cell

X4 could work if they write it like the 1st two, and all the spin offs like Wolverine and Deadpool are must haves i think.

kaorumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kaorumonster

EMMA FROST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111111111 

Emma Frost NEEDS to be in the next x-movie. I hope they pair her with Scott. ;)

I REALLY want to see a New  Mutants and the Runaways movie.

Fleonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26  Edited By Fleonix

Nope Reboot alll the way..........REBOOT......REBOOT........REBOOT.

I want my REBOOT with a cool x-men movie that doesn't revolve around Wolverine........he does not have gravity mutant powers..... stop making the X-Men movies about wolverine........arghhh.....

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Stormultt
    @LoganRogue24 said:
    "if they make x-4 i hope they ignore x-3 and continue were x-2 left off. and bring back Bryan Singer to direct it. "

agreed
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#28  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I would like to see a reboot, start fresh and show how Scott, Jean, Iceman, Angel, and Beast met Prof X and how they became X-Men, then maybe have Wolverine come in at the end of the movie

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Media_Master

Bring back Bryan Singer for X4

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By Meteorite

New Mutants or First Class would be good, but X4 wouldn't work unless it was a reboot.

Double J MK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Double J MK
    @LoganRogue24 said:

"if they make x-4 i hope they ignore x-3 and continue were x-2 left off. and bring back Bryan Singer to direct it. "

And Nightcrawler.......:)
    Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Phorqe
    @LoganRogue24 said:
    " if they make x-4 i hope they ignore x-3 and continue were x-2 left off. and bring back Bryan Singer to direct it. "
    Agreed. X3= Cinematic Abortion

They should even break the 4th wall with a Disclaimer: Attention audiences. The events of X3 never occurred. We would like to thank the actors and crew for their great performances, as well as the audience for being loyal to the X-men name. Unfortunately X3 was a horrid film that would be impossible to make a sequel out of, so we would like to present you with X-men 4: The Real X-men 3.
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cracks

Mr. Sinister and Stryfe in a live action X-Men film.   

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jefprice

I' m going to get killed here...

I'm not a fan of Singer. I was till I found out the awful lines in his films were added by him, now I can;t stand him. "I forgot how warm you are." "Do you know what happens when a toad is struck by lighting?" ETC... Stick to directing BS, that way we won;t be forced to laugh at your insanely bad lines that come at moments where we should feel intensity or passion instead of humor. Also a good idea to not show teen kids get sexually excited by the thought of killing jews as a nazi. (No this wasn't in his super hero films) I think we need to realize that Brett R. did a decent job with the rough script he was given and that BS almost screwed up 2 nearly perfect scripts by adding his creative writing skills to the mix.  

Brett gets a lot off crap for X3, but the directing is really good considering the studio and writers gave him one 2 1/2 hour film to shoot two 2 1/2 hour films and a script that had been rewritten more times then Peter Parker had clones. 90% of what people complain about has nothing to do with BR but with the writing. Brett was the one who gave us some of the moments people liked, such as Grammer as Beast and 
     Multiple Man. He is also the one tht made sure Psylock was not named in the film because he wanted to use leave her open for use in the future, but again her name is in the credits because of the writers so people get something else to complain about.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ill be up for up anything really. i think the outcome can only be decided by who writes/directs ect.
    ( in other words Brett needs to be kept as far away from X4 as possible). if it sucks, same
    deal as X3, i didn't pay to make that bucket of puke so my life will go on.

Red Rum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By Red Rum

If they do make First Class, I think it shoud include: 

*The construction of the X-Mansion. 
    *How Prof. X lost the use of his legs. 
    *Kelsey Grammer reprising his role as Beast. 
    *And introducing Avalanche as a member of Magneto's original Brotherhood, and perhaps as an intergral part of Magneto's first plans for Mutant Supremacy.
    deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

I think it's been proven all along that Wolverine, like Batman, can carry his own movie. He just needs the right story. (The point of the X-Men, I would think, is team-work. That's not Wolverine. All Wolverine does in an X-Men movie is take over. Like Batman would a JLA movie. The other X-Men are not like the other members of the JLA or Titans. The X-Men are more like the Fantastic Four in that they're like a family. Xavier is the father, Magneto is the freaky, weird uncle. The X-Men are the core unit of the family, brothers and sisters.) 

I say reboot. 

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By Decept-O

I've been saying what could happen and what I think the producers want to do is just what Donner is saying here.  There would be an X-4, but it IS possible for Jean Grey/Phoenix to "re-incarnate" and subsequently revive certain people she seemingly killed.  Prof. X would help her do it.  Its a wild scenario perhaps but its something I thought may happen.  

I've also stated I thought if the above scenario played out they'd either use the "new mutants", the younger ones that had cameos in the X-movies as another sub-plot in X-4, BUT if she's stating there'd be a "New Mutants" movie, that's even better.   

Let's just hope this whole mess gets straightened out a little--PLEASE.
    johnjcoe9198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By johnjcoe9198

I have to agree with the reboot angle.  Either that, or go the Superman Returns outlet, acknowledging the first 2 films, but ignoring the third.  The problem with that is the audience can easily be confused by the inconsistant continuity.  As far as I know, RETCON isn't a word that's familiar to general audiences, at least not the last time I checked!  Since Marvel is/will be owned by Disney soon, why don't they petition Disney to buyout the Fox contracts, so Marvel Studios can make this films with the same cohesive direction the Avengers' properties are recieving!  That way, an effective re-boot can take place, hopefully with a stronger supporting cast.  I think we can all agree Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan, and Anna Paquin should NOT be replaced, but some of the supporting cast (here's lookin' at YOU, Halle Berry and James Marsden!) could definitely use some better dramatic actors.  That's the ideal scenario, though. 
         To be perfectly honest, Mrs. Donner, at the behest of Fox Studios, is blowing smoke to make sure they don't lose the cash-cow of a license that the X-Men has proven to be!  If I remember correctly, there's some sort of non-activity clause in their contract with Marvel that allows the film rights to lapse if they don't do anything with the license.  I think that could be one reason why so much material was crammed into the Wolverine movie!  They wanted to squeeze in as many characters as possible, so they wouldn't lose the movie rights to them.  It makes sense when you think about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.