Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Knocked Up X

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I posted this reply in a Mystique thread, but thought it was pretty prevalent to the current BOTA future past future storyline and women in the X-Universe and comics in general...

Lots of folks wanna know who Mystique has slept with, but I'm less concerned about how many partners she's had and more concerned about Mystique's impregnation as a plot device.

Seriously ... am I the only one that thinks that's messed up?

"Let's just toss Mystique in with uuuugh Beast errrrrm, Beastique, yeah, and he'll be soooooooooooooo bluuuuuuuuuuueeeee!"

Marvel has been at the head of the pack with strong representations of women, especially lately with costume changes covering more skin and being all-around more practical instead of sexualizing....but this seems like a backslide to me.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sry, my computer fudged and i thought the first attempt didn't post.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: Yeah I'd have to agree forthe most part. Its like they have Mystique pregnant by everybody. Overall Mystique is not being written well imi. I must say the whole BOTA timeline idea is bad as well. When it comes the costumes, to me its not a big deal. I love women and art featuring them so Im cool either way. As long as the writing is good.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I posted this reply in a Mystique thread, but thought it was pretty prevalent to the current BOTA future past future storyline and women in the X-Universe and comics in general...

Lots of folks wanna know who Mystique has slept with, but I'm less concerned about how many partners she's had and more concerned about Mystique's impregnation as a plot device.

Seriously ... am I the only one that thinks that's messed up?

"Let's just toss Mystique in with uuuugh Beast errrrrm, Beastique, yeah, and he'll be soooooooooooooo bluuuuuuuuuuueeeee!"

Marvel has been at the head of the pack with strong representations of women, especially lately with costume changes covering more skin and being all-around more practical instead of sexualizing....but this seems like a backslide to me.

LOL at the soooooo Bluuuueee!

but yea I'm with you. I think her having the kid with Xavier could be interesting, especially considering her reaction after the birth. But she hates Wolverine....Wolverine killed her. And Wolverine already has like two psychotic kids already does he need a third?

Really it just sort of ruins the character, who despite being evil seemed to genuinely care for Nightcrawler and Rogue and now is having kids left and right behind the scenes and never mentioning them again. It hurts a character who seemed to have deep relationships with the few people she cared about and cheapens her standing as character.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess they are doing this to tie in with the movie subplot in which she and Hank had a past romantic history.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha, they really f@cked this character over.

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think kid xavier is pretty interesting, and i can see this happened between xavier and mystique. Wolverine, not so much ...

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: @hawk2916: @phoenixofthetides: @dimitridkatsis: @djainess:

I agree that Kid Xavier is interesting, and honestly, Raze is a pretty spectacular and deadly mutant....so...

Do you think she actually engaged in relations with Xavier and Wolverine or has somehow acquired their DNA to create her own baby blue army? I just don't see her being able to keep up the guise of Moira McTaggart without the most powerful psychic on the planet (arguably) being any the wiser...especially since Moira's been dead for a while now.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Koays

@thunderscream: The way the Xavier Jr reveal page looks, and what she said at the time i think at least Xavier seems to have known it was her since she seems to be upset about disappointing him.

Wolverine idk, but i'm hoping its not something stupid like "she's a shapeshifter so she somehow got herself pregnant" honestly i'm hoping that Raze gets erased from time

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: like I said, I could see xavier ans mystique beibg together for a while. I feel like mystique always had a lot of respect for xavier (but she didn't always agree with him) and she seemed really heartbroken when kid xavier was born. In the case of raze, I really don't know. I don't believe mystique slept with wolverine just to have a kid with is dna, i don't buy that.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perhaps Raze is a product of the Weapon X stuff with Logan's DNA and mystique and all. I cant believe Im saying this, because i really dont care for the character but I would much rather see it revealed that Quentin Quire is Xavier's kid than the kid Xavier. That said, i think it would be even more interesting if the kid Xavier was actually some manifestation of Legion's psyche.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Perhaps Raze is a product of the Weapon X stuff with Logan's DNA and mystique and all. I cant believe Im saying this, because i really dont care for the character but I would much rather see it revealed that Quentin Quire is Xavier's kid than the kid Xavier. That said, i think it would be even more interesting if the kid Xavier was actually some manifestation of Legion's psyche.

Everything will be better than Mystique the All-Mother...

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Lol!!!! "Mystique the All-mother" one of the best quotes ever. lol

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By adamTRMM

@hawk2916:

All she needs now are Summers/Magnus kids, and this title will be honorarily hers. With that tempo, she's on the right track.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.