Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Jubilee was considered for DOFP

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poisonfleur

And apparently they wanted Jamie Chung to play her. Good choice... but why does everyone want Jamie Chung to play every Asian woman role???

No Caption Provided
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

@poisonfleur: They just used her as a character model....they didn't necessarily want her to play the role. They do stuff like that all the time. Use a popular actors likeness when doing conceptual artwork

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@poisonfleur: They just used her as a character model....they didn't necessarily want her to play the role. They do stuff like that all the time. Use a popular actors likeness when doing conceptual artwork

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would've geeked out like no one has geeked out before.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She would have been awesome

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the only question mark would have been... In place of whom? Blink? She was awesome. In place of Warpath would have made most sense, since he was utterly useless.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By poisonfleur

the only question mark would have been... In place of whom? Blink? She was awesome. In place of Warpath would have made most sense, since he was utterly useless.

No Caption Provided

I am sorry. I am going to cut you off right there. Warpath is the sexiest X-men character in all the X-films. All he had to do was just stand there. Being sexy is a full time job, but somebody has to do it.

Do you think they would've allowed two Asian chicks in the same scenes? I'm all for it, but are the producers? Sometimes they can be weird like that. Maybe-- they had all the minorities fighting out in the cold, so might as well LOL Why not one more? HAHHAA! And I'm black.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:

Good to know. I didn't know that.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By M3th

I would Have loved tHat and wHy does everyone want Jamie CHung, because sHe's HOT!

-ABstract4$$#073-

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81 said:

No Caption Provided

I am sorry. I am going to cut you off right there. Warpath is the sexiest X-men character in all the X-films. All he had to do was just stand there. Being sexy is a full time job, but somebody has to do it.

Do you think they would've allowed two Asian chicks in the same scenes? I'm all for it, but are the producers? Sometimes they can be weird like that. Maybe-- they had all the minorities fighting out in the cold, so might as well LOL Why not one more? HAHHAA! And I'm black.

BooBoo is damn fine (altho he is SUCH a baby-face)... but the character was a waste in DOFP, lol perhaps i'll agree he did look good all posed as he was. Agreed that two asian chicks would never be cast to appear in the same scenes by the producers of these movies.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81 said:

I don't think she would need to take anyone else's spot. Just show her throw a few fireworks, and then get killed (like the other Cannon Fodder X-Men). I think they lost quite a few seconds focusing on Sunspot in a few scenes, and another character could have easily been given 3 seconds per scene during the two fights. It would fit IMHO, to give Jubilee a throwaway line when Storm returns because in X-2, Storm specifically recognized Jubes' voice when she rescued the students from their cell.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By poisonfleur

@phoenixofthetides: @devilsgrin81: I hear you Devil, But I think they intended Warpath to fill in the void Wolverine left from the original storyline since he was in the future. Tough guy, brunette, sharp weapons, died by disintegration. Get it. Warpath is hands down the sexiest hero, IMO. He beats Thor, Cyclops, & Captain America when it comes to male sex appeal. Yes.. I have a type.

Back on topic. It would've made more sense to have Jubilee in there, since she was in the original 3 films. BUT--

1) Too many Asians in one scene would have made the producers lose their minds.

2) She really wouldn't have served the plot much...

3) The movie was crowded as a B!tc# as is. Maybe it was for the best that she wasn't in it.

BUT-- If she was in it, I would have liked to see her in the end with all the others at the Xavier institute. I'm surprised Blink, Warpath, and Sunspot didn't make it in the end. :( But maybe that was left for the original 3 films team.

Avatar image for mistresssobeautiful
    mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@poisonfleur: I thought that you was a straight male lol. I guess I was wrong and yes he is fine..I want him to rail me all night xDD!

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:

@phoenixofthetides: @devilsgrin81: I hear you Devil, But I think they intended Warpath to fill in the void Wolverine left from the original storyline since he was in the future. Tough guy, brunette, sharp weapons, died by disintegration. Get it. Warpath is hands down the sexiest hero, IMO. He beats Thor, Cyclops, & Captain America when it comes to male sex appeal. Yes.. I have a type.

Back on topic. It would've made more sense to have Jubilee in there, since she was in the original 3 films. BUT--

1) Too many Asians in one scene would have made the producers lose their minds.

2) She really wouldn't have served the plot much...

3) The movie was crowded as a B!tc# as is. Maybe it was for the best that she wasn't in it.

BUT-- If she was in it, I would have liked to see her in the end with all the others at the Xavier institute. I'm surprised Blink, Warpath, and Sunspot didn't make it in the end. :( But maybe that was left for the original 3 films team.

I'm assuming that Blink, Warpath and Sunspot survived due to the timeline adjustment, but are simply too young in the current era to be on the team. They seemed quite young in the DoFP future, and that appears to take place 20-30 years in the future. In the current timeline, they might only be children or not even born, yet.

I don't think any of the Cannon Fodder X-Men served the plot much; you could have inserted any other random character and made up some reason for them to be there. Swap in Magik for Blink, Firestar for Sunspot, Frenzy for Warpath, Strong Guy for Colossus, and the scenes would have played out pretty much identically to how they did in the movie.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: I thought that you was a straight male lol. I guess I was wrong and yes he is fine..I want him to rail me all night xDD!

quoted for truth about Warpath

mistrx75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@devilsgrin81:

I don't think she'd need to be in place of anyone. They could have just had an extra mutant in the future scenes.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81: I disagree his knives and strength brought way more to the table than jubilee's sparklers could ever do.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94 said:

@devilsgrin81: I disagree his knives and strength brought way more to the table than jubilee's sparklers could ever do.

totally gonna disagree... Jubilee's high power plasma bursts would be far more effective than any knife and warpath's "strength" is significantly less than Colossus' and we saw how useful Peter was against the Sentinels...

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81: really? I'm not really an expert on jubilee. I thought she still had her powers from the 90s cartoon. Whuuuups.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.