Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Jennifer Lawrence and the X-men movie franchise

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay I love Jennifer :) she is an amazing actress and she has a really good personality BUT i feel like her fame is starting to take over the whole X-men movie franchise. I noticed that Mystique is slowly turning into Wolverine in the movies. She is starting to overshadow the rest of the X-men..... i mean come on the Apocalypse movie will be in 1980's , i think they made this decision so that she can be in it. Honestly Rebecca is actually better..

Do you feel the same way?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Okay I love Jennifer :) she is an amazing actress and she has a really good personality BUT i feel like her fame is starting to take over the whole X-men movie franchise. I noticed that Mystique is slowly turning into Wolverine in the movies. She is starting to overshadow the rest of the X-men..... i mean come on the Apocalypse movie will be in 1980's , i think they made this decision so that she can be in it. Honestly Rebecca is actually better..

Seriously I want Storm, Cyclops, and Wolverine for X-men as Michonne, Rick, and Daryl are for the Walking Dead. This one character focus is getting so... stupid. It's lame because Mystique can be played by like any woman-- heck even a guy. IMO, Xavier, Storm, and Blink were the best characters in DOFP. But I will say it's good seeing a female lead-- but Mystique??? Why not Storm, Jean, Emma-- heck even Psylocke.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I kind of do feel that way about her. And do prefer Rebecca a lot more. She seemed like the perfect fit that I just don't seen Jen, who still does a decent job, being able to pull off as well.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Hmm I actually kinda thought the main characters were Prof x and Wolverine.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mystique must be getting ready for a big revamp or character improvement in the comics so showing her less ruthless and more compassionate in the movies is the first spoiler to her new development

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@xspectre28: really? So will she be the next villain to change and join the Xmen?

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mystique's character is great in all the X-men movies (well, all the ones that are good), and I'm actually a big fan of how they changed her origin to be intrinsically linked to Xavier's, as well as Beast's and Magneto's.

not only is it just a good story, but it makes it not so black and white. Mystique's character and perspective become as central to the story as Xavier's and Magneto's, and she can present a lot of perspectives that they simply can't, making the whole thing have a lot more dimension and depth.

And, so far had no issues whatsoever with Lawrence's portrayal of the character. In 'First Class it may have seemed drastically different from the Mystique we know from the comics, but in the comics we never saw her so young and she didn't have the back-story with Xavier. And in 'DoFP, we see how she's started to evolve into a character that is much more like she was in the comics, so to me it feels like we're getting the best of both worlds.

And it gives what's meant to be a story of otherness a perspective that isn't one of two or three white dudes, so there's that.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@xmenfallen said:

Mystique's character is great in all the X-men movies (well, all the ones that are good), and I'm actually a big fan of how they changed her origin to be intrinsically linked to Xavier's, as well as Beast's and Magneto's.

not only is it just a good story, but it makes it not so black and white. Mystique's character and perspective become as central to the story as Xavier's and Magneto's, and she can present a lot of perspectives that they simply can't, making the whole thing have a lot more dimension and depth.

And, so far had no issues whatsoever with Lawrence's portrayal of the character. In 'First Class it may have seemed drastically different from the Mystique we know from the comics, but in the comics we never saw her so young and she didn't have the back-story with Xavier. And in 'DoFP, we see how she's started to evolve into a character that is much more like she was in the comics, so to me it feels like we're getting the best of both worlds.

And it gives what's meant to be a story of otherness a perspective that isn't one of two or three white dudes, so there's that.

i pretty much agree, i didnt think she over shadowed anyone and she seems more ruthless she will be a villain in upcoming films im sure, they are trying to show where the hatred for humans comes from in this cinematic world they are crafting

and i did feel like Prof X was the main character so yea kudos on that!

I do want to see Cyclops and Storm recast and brought into the new movies but thats just me ^^

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

i pretty much agree, i didnt think she over shadowed anyone and she seems more ruthless she will be a villain in upcoming films im sure, they are trying to show where the hatred for humans comes from in this cinematic world they are crafting

and i did feel like Prof X was the main character so yea kudos on that!

I do want to see Cyclops and Storm recast and brought into the new movies but thats just me ^^

With Xavier, Mystique, Magneto, and Beast (basically the main characters of the new series) recast, there's no reason not to recast everyone (except maybe Wolverine, who actually just looks more like Wolverine the older he gets), which I'm assuming is what they're going to do.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Rebecca Romijn is not a better Mystique. I think you are confusing who looks better naked with who is a better actress. And what's wrong with Mystique getting the spotlight?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

I think Lawrence is wasted on the X-men franchise. She should be in better movies.

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xmenfallen

@erik: hahaha I'm not basing my opinion on who looks better naked cuz I'm not really into girls...... Mystique is a wonderful character but I think Jen's fame is taking over what the real X-men is about which is the "team thing" i dont really know how to explain it but compare it to the x-men cartoon ... the 90s one that for me really perfectly showed what the X-men is about

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@erik: hahaha I'm not basing my opinion on who looks better naked cuz I'm not really into girls...... Mystique is a wonderful character but I think Jen's fame is taking over what the real X-men is about which is the "team thing" i dont really know how to explain it but compare it to the x-men cartoon ... the 90s one that for me really perfectly showed what the X-men is about

The X-Men have always pushed their stars to the spotlight. Through all the decades I have read and watched them. Same with nearly every super hero team.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@xspectre28: really? So will she be the next villain to change and join the Xmen?

its already happened, a few times actually but she always betrayed the xmen then it would turn out her betrayal had an ulterior motive... but i feel its almost time that she will leave her evil doer ways and become a fully dedicated xman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.