Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Jean Grey School

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dman1366

I want to start out by saying that I loved the beginning of WatX. And I also love some of the recent issues, but not all. Somehow I feel that Jason has lost his way a little. That being said, is there a book out now, or coming out, that will be about the Grey school? Kind of like Academy X

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By judasnixon
    @Dman1366: Man... Not that I know of. I really hope that they blow up that retarded school soon.....
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By John Valentine

No. WaTXM is meant to be about this.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chasereis

@Dman1366: While I'm not a big fan of Morrison, one the blessedly few ideas he had that actually fit the X-Men (and believe me this was a blue moon event) was multiple campuses (although I never would have made the X-Men public, ie paint large f***ing targets on all my students and pray my "teachers" can save them, which was a grossly irresponsible act by Charles, but since when can anyone write Charles correctly, which I fault EVERY writer for save Claremont in his prime). The avengers had like a billion subteams Mighty, New, Secret, Hot, Cold, Hungry, Fat, etc you see my point but like a real academic environment there should be multiple campuses. Have the main base at graymalkin lane, have a manhattan branch, a San Fran branch and name them all after fallen X-Men as homage, then viola.

@judasnixon: While I don't like it either, blowing it up Seagle style would just be cliche at this point. Let's just rename and move on quietly...

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dman1366

@John Valentine: I was about the JGS, but now its not

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DarkxSeraph

I liked the [b]idea[/b] of the JGSHL. However... the hellfire club being a bunch of preteens who can challenge the team? Really? Really? The preteen Hellfire Club is just... retarded.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By dangallant984

@chasereis: Haha! I was a member of the Hungry Avengers!

I'm actually a really big fan of the Jean Grey School. Conceptually, I like everything about it (except all the alien characters, who seem to distract from what I do like); I just wish the book that was about it was better.

But it seems to be getting better..

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DarkxSeraph

Frankenstien clowns and black magic/zombies at a circus is 'better?' Man... what did I miss after the first 5 or so issues?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Blood1991

Not sure how I feel about it honestly. Some times it's alright sometimes it sucks really bad.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By chasereis

@dangallant984: As was I, but I got demoted to the fat avengers then moved again to the buff avengers.

@Blood1991: Nice pic.

@DarkxSeraph: Yea wasn't feeling that one either, art was off the chain good though. For the record the hellfire club was NEVER good. I mean I would rather see arcade become the leader of the X-Force first, dire hatred burning suns hellfire must die bad hate with hate topping and hate sprinkles.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dangallant984

@DarkxSeraph said:

Frankenstien clowns and black magic/zombies at a circus is 'better?' Man... what did I miss after the first 5 or so issues?

haha! no, I hated that smeg.

I meant issues 24 and 25 have been better, or at least a step in the right direction.

Still not sold on a lot of the new students, when there's so many cool ones around, but it seems like that's always the case with a book like this.

@Blood1991: pretty much.

and they really could cut that faculty in half and focus on more of the students, in my opinion.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

User Lists: 45

#12  Edited By broo1232

The first story arc was good really liked it but the second arc issues 4-7 were brilliant some of the best issues I've read in a while the AVX tie-ins lost it at the end and issues 20-24 were pretty mediocre really liked 19 though

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Goodness gracious.

Cyclops needs to go fully dark and burn the whole damn JGS out of spite, or Bendis can do w.e he wants with Teen Jean, somehow make her go Phoenix and burn the school down. The latest issue has me done forever. Idie's perpetual 'we're sinners' indoctrination is something i can't even deal with anymore, Aaron's lack of imagination and substantial creativity is also driving me nuts, pushing out these halfhearted three - four issued arcs that have no overall impact on anything, just for the sake of doing so due to penmanship and the legitimate need to place your own distinct (horrible) "flavor".

This title isn't going places anytime soon, it's still stuck in that gimmick and Aaron obviously doesn't want it to progress. The school year's done and there's nothing to show for it. Idie's still the same girl she was when she came, in fact, worse. Quentin's still trying to troll Wolverine with the 'i didn't enroll here under my own free will ' schtick, and there has been no real progression for him, Genesis is just an annoying nerd that needs to go back to Alabama or w.e, Broo has also been subject to character degradation as per Aaron (although he did somewhat build him up throughout the series, but the p.b gun to your head was unnecessary, and more representation of Aaron's lack of creativity), eye-boy and shark-face are just--horrible characters, no matter how bad he forces them, and the plot's just nasty. Looking at the above school roster makes my blood boil, because you hardly ever focking see most of the characters above even usher a phrase or appear on panel. So what's the point of that ? Just what exactly is the point ? And the accretion of no direction isn't the main concern, it's that the writer isn't even trying.

I tried to give this title a chance, for Idie, Broo, Rachel and all, but i'm actually done.

X-Treme X-Men gets cancelled, while this is still around. You can clearly see out of the two titles which actually reads lighthearted/fun/quirky/"the X-Book that isn't dark" and which actually reads forced joke.

Don't even call it "Wolverine and The X-Men" anymore, just call it "Lol jk".

Along with ANXM and UXM, both penned by Bendis, the X-Books have never been in a worse state.

*rant over*

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

I liked the first two arcs (at first), but it really went downhill after that. I now find myself disagreeing with my own letter that was printed in WatXM#5.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@Blood1991 said:

Not sure how I feel about it honestly. Some times it's alright sometimes it sucks really bad.

Where are Prodigy & Elixir? && I'm sorry Surge would not be attending the Jean Grey school. She'd be off on her own, not like she has any friends at the school since Prodigy and Elixir aren't there.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By judasnixon

They need to change the name of Jean Grey School For the Gifted to the Comic Book Limbo of the New X-men....

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dangallant984

@AgeofHurricane said:

Goodness gracious.

Cyclops needs to go fully dark and burn the whole damn JGS out of spite, or Bendis can do w.e he wants with Teen Jean, somehow make her go Phoenix and burn the school down. The latest issue has me done forever. Idie's perpetual 'we're sinners' indoctrination is something i can't even deal with anymore, Aaron's lack of imagination and substantial creativity is also driving me nuts, pushing out these halfhearted three - four issued arcs that have no overall impact on anything, just for the sake of doing so due to penmanship and the legitimate need to place your own distinct (horrible) "flavor".

This title isn't going places anytime soon, it's still stuck in that gimmick and Aaron obviously doesn't want it to progress. The school year's done and there's nothing to show for it. Idie's still the same girl she was when she came, in fact, worse. Quentin's still trying to troll Wolverine with the 'i didn't enroll here under my own free will ' schtick, and there has been no real progression for him, Genesis is just an annoying nerd that needs to go back to Alabama or w.e, Broo has also been subject to character degradation as per Aaron (although he did somewhat build him up throughout the series, but the p.b gun to your head was unnecessary, and more representation of Aaron's lack of creativity), eye-boy and shark-face are just--horrible characters, no matter how bad he forces them, and the plot's just nasty. Looking at the above school roster makes my blood boil, because you hardly ever focking see most of the characters above even usher a phrase or appear on panel. So what's the point of that ? Just what exactly is the point ? And the accretion of no direction isn't the main concern, it's that the writer isn't even trying.

I tried to give this title a chance, for Idie, Broo, Rachel and all, but i'm actually done.

X-Treme X-Men gets cancelled, while this is still around. You can clearly see out of the two titles which actually reads lighthearted/fun/quirky/"the X-Book that isn't dark" and which actually reads forced joke.

Don't even call it "Wolverine and The X-Men" anymore, just call it "Lol jk".

Along with ANXM and UXM, both penned by Bendis, the X-Books have never been in a worse state.

*rant over*

well, I don't think it's as bad as all that, but I can't actually disagree with any of this.

well, no, I do think the X-men books have been in worse states, but that's hardly justification for the current lack of direction..

But my point is, what to do about it. Not that I know what to do about it, but here's the problem I'm having: the books that are conceptually sound, ie, what I like about the X-men, are not being handled well (ie, up to their potential) right now; whereas the books that have to try harder because they're on the fringes of the concept, or not even, really, are being handled with a lot more care.

I don't want Marvel to think that I'm interested in X-men travelling through wacky, alternate dimensions or justifying reasons to kill each other, I want to see them being X-men, fighting social injustice and learning how to be better people. But I don't want to support mediocre reads either. So what to do?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@AgeofHurricane said:

Help me, Brian Wood. You're my only hope.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By jhazzroucher

WATX is still selling well though

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Xwraith: April is coming SOON, true believer.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dangallant984

@Xwraith said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Help me, Brian Wood. You're my only hope.

I don't want to set my hopes too high on this one, but at this point it's hard not to..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.