Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Jean Grey Does NOT Deserve to Have a School Named After Her

• 66 results
    PhoenixEgg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By PhoenixEgg

So many points I need to make, so little effort feel like putting into writing. Bullets, I guess:

-Jason Aaron has said there will be a passing of the torch scene with Xavier in WatX #1

-Jean has died and is no loner Scott's wife. She doesn't even hold that honor in his heart.

-Jean was in line to be headmaster.

-Jean put Emma and Scott together after saving the future of the X-Men (None of the X-Men know this)

-The future of the X-Men was saved, thanks to Jean. (None of the X-Men know this)

-Logan loved Jean

-Logan's rich. Money won't be an issue.

-It's Logan's idea to bring the school back Only right he gets to name it.

-Hating Jean Grey is soooo 2001.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I think that Jean Grey deserves to have a school named after her because she did so much for the school and she always sacrificed her life to save her friends and family, so it seems appropriate that there would be a school named after her. Not to mention, she was meant to be the next headmistress before she died.

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By GREGalicious

@BlackArmor: I dont think so anymore. JEAN's misdeeds (as the insane DARK PHOENIX..somewhat) are universally known by now but the PROFESSOR really left a bad taste in my mouth after that whole DEADLY GENESIS/Hidden X-MEN storyline...

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By GREGalicious

After all JEAN has done, its great and well deserved for her to have a School named after her. JEAN, STORM, and BEAST are probably the most kind and caring X-Men out of the team.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By moywar700

@cattlebattle said:

eh....who cares, Its likely just going to get blown up in a few months anyways.

@cattlebattle: how many times has the school blown up, like 11 times throughtout the decades?

It's just gonna be smithereens and ashes

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Mutant God

Wait do people in universe know Jean's dead

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#57  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Jean Grey doesn't deserve anything. She's a garbage character that they keep trying to reincarnate in the form of younger characters that are basically her with a different name.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Vance Astro said:
    Jean Grey doesn't deserve anything. She's a garbage character that they keep trying to reincarnate in the form of younger characters that are basically her with a different name.
    why do people always call her things like that, Jean was a prominent X-character for decades. I'm not saying I love the character or anything, just curious why she gets so much hate aside from coming back from the dead...and of course Phoenix nonsense.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    Kudos to Logan for trolling Cyke so hard, is all I'm going to say about the matter.
    luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By luckydomino1

she doesnt deserve to have her name on the school just call it school for higher learning

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By luckydomino1

@Vance Astro:

no shes not give more reasons than that to hate a character

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By GREGalicious

In light of what we've learned about the PROFESSOR, JEAN deserves a school in her name more than he does. She's done some great evil things but she was insane. Xavier however, was fully aware of his actions and did them anyway.

Jean haters just need to get over it. She'll ALWAYS be PHOENIX, she'll ALWAYS be better than EMMA, and nothings gonna change that. Sad part is, even as a CORPSE, she's still more popular than half the X-MEN.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By CATPANEXE

: Who are you responding to? O.o I worry about you.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#64  Edited By lorex
    @Timandm said:

By now, most of us know that Wolverine is basically reopening Xavier's school and naming it after Jean Grey...

JEAN GREY DOES NOT DESERVE TO HAVE A SCHOOL NAMED AFTER HER.

1: While a teacher at Xavier's she NEVER LOVED THE CHILDREN.

2: Jean Grey never even CARED ABOUT THE CHILDREN.

3: Jean Grey NEVER BELIEVED IN XAVIER'S DREAM.

4: The last thing Jean Grey would ever want is a school where mutant children would be safe and able to learn to control and use their powers...

Does ANY ONE OF those points sound right?

Not only no, but SMURF NO!!!!

So, what is up with people saying, "Wolverine has no right to name the School after Jean Grey! She was not his wife!"

Tell me this, if Storm reopened the school could SHE name it after Jean Grey? Jean Grey wasn't Storm's wife either.

How about Rachel? Could Rachel Summers open a school and name it after Jean Grey? Well, according to many in here, you apparently cannot name a school for mutant children after Jean Grey unless you were married to her....

How many schools are named after former U.S. Presidents? Were they named by the president's wives?

There are schools named after Rosalind Franklin (A BRILLIANT WOMAN WHO WAS ROBBED OF THE NOBEL PRIZE)... We're these schools named after her by her wife??? No... She didn't have a wife...

Jean kept Xavier's going for some time... Jean loved the school... Jean loved the children. Jean loved Xavier's dream...

I do not believe Logan is trying to be spiteful to Cyclops.... He's simply honoring a woman who deserves to be honored... It is appropriate.

I completely disagree. The real reason Logon called the school that was a not subtle way to kick Scott in the head. Naming a school after Jean Grey is stupid for a number of reasons.  

1) First of all it will draw too much attention to itself. While most of the humans will not know who Jean Grey is, all the power brokers, hate groups and mutant hating nuts certainly do
         know who she is. Logon's stated intention was to create a safe environment for young mutants to learn how to control their powers and be kids. Naming a school after Jean Grey, 
         a mutant host of one of the most powerful forces in the universe is like poking a mutant hating dog with a stick, sooner of later they will bite.
    2) This is another sad example of bad writing where Logon is involved. Jean was never anything more than a good friend to Logon, anything more was in Logon's head, and later an 
         invention of the fans that never really happened. Honestly if Jean came back she would probably be a bit embarassed and sad for Logon and the delusion he seems to be living in.
    3)  Jean was never a central figure in the X-Men, Yes she was one of the original X-Men, loved by all and an all around nice person, but she was never a leader or played a crucial role 
         how the team opperated.  Take away the Phoenix force and she would be on the B-List with Dazzler and Northstar.  
    Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Soulstealer

@Mutant God said:

Wait do people in universe know Jean's dead
    No Caption Provided
    Sir_Deadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#66  Edited By Sir_Deadpool

i dont care about all the haters that say she doesnt diserve it. it was logans decision and by this connection they both had he is allowed to call the name after her. perfect name, thats it!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.