Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Jean Grey Comics?

LRyan_Sir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LRyan_Sir

Trying to collect and read Jean's story from the comics but I have no clue where to start (like at all) any one know where I could find a list of all comics that tell her story?

Thanks so much.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Koays  Online

A full list no.... but i think

Phoenix Saga
    Dark Phoenix Saga
    X-Factor V1 (1- 70)
    And then X-Men #30 - The Ties That Bind - The Wedding of Jean Grey and Scott Summers
    immediately followed by
    The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix
    That covers most of the important early stuff though X-Men Origins: Jean Grey is what should be read for character background(a short one anyway)

After that theres little stuff like The Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix which isn't mandatory but exist if you want to continue the story.
    Then theres Eve of Destruction which starts the character growth for her that will continue on into
    Morrisons New X-Men and come to an end in Phoenix: Endsong

After that she's gone until Marvel Now! All New X-Men i may be missing some early stuff but this is what i read to get associated with Jean, Scott, their relationship, her relationship with the kids and her role within the X-Men

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@koays said:

Phoenix Saga

Dark Phoenix Saga

X-Factor V1 (1- 70)

X-Men #30 - The Ties That Bind - The Wedding of Jean Grey and Scott Summers

And then immediately followed by The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix

That covers most of the important early stuff though X-Men Origins: Jean Grey is what should be read for character background(a short one anyway)

After that theres little stuff like The Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix which isn't mandatory but exist if you want to continue the story.

Then theres Eve of Destruction which starts the character growth for her that will continue on into

Morrisons New X-Men and come to an end in

Phoenix: Endsong

After that she's gone until Marvel Now! All New X-Men i may be missing some early stuff but this is what i read to get associated with Jean, Scott, their relationship, her relationship with the kids and her role within the X-Men

I'm not even a big Jean Grey fan, and I think this looks like a pretty solid reading list (especially the bold ones).

if I were going to add anything, it might be the issues of X-men and Uncanny X-men leading up the wedding;

..as that whole period was a solid time for the X-men and Jean was especially central to the stories in both books.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.