Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Jean and Rachel

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sinisteri

In Wolverine and the Xmen #19, both Jean and Rachel are in the audience Wolverine addresses. Um, shouldn't there be something covered about these two characters in the same environment and scene.

Previously, it was speculated that Rachel may have been off campus since the original five arrived.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@sinisteri: Wait for ANXM 15. Bendis said on Tumblr that he's gonna give the two of them a moment.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinisteri: Wait for ANXM 15. Bendis said on Tumblr that he's gonna give the two of them a moment.

TBH I'm sick of writers asking us to wait for a "moment" between two characters that really should have a lot to talk about. Rachel was a wreck when she first entered this timeline (remember when Rogue pointed out that all she did was cry?), and she should understand firsthand how Jean is feeling. Rachel and Jean's interaction should be one of the cores of this storyline, not the grandstanding by the older X-Men.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx said:

TBH I'm sick of writers asking us to wait for a "moment" between two characters that really should have a lot to talk about. Rachel was a wreck when she first entered this timeline (remember when Rogue pointed out that all she did was cry?), and she should understand firsthand how Jean is feeling. Rachel and Jean's interaction should be one of the cores of this storyline, not the grandstanding by the older X-Men.

Oh I am in agreement with you, but at least this time around it's a definite as opposed to the usually non answer (wait and see) that we have become accustomed to.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx: We'll have to see what happens. I'm used to a lot of writers (especially male writers in regards to female characters talking/interacting with no sexual or violent dynamic) literally giving these moments with so much dramatic potential it one or two panels:

Rachel: I know a thing about feeling like you're out of time.

Rachel projects her thoughts, experiences being a Hound and years of being overlooked as a C-Lister into Jean's mind.

Jean: Whoah. *runs off crying because teenagers in comics always run off crying or have dramatic outbursts, esp. when she realizes that despite years of 616 Jean and Rachel existing, many writers completely ignored the possible dynamics and alternate future Jean may very well be made into a B-Lister, as well*

The rest of the issue has Wolverine and Cyclops punching each other in the face while Storm and Iceman stand silently in the background. Beast and Kitty get two lines each but have no impact on the overall direction of the storyline.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx: We'll have to see what happens. I'm used to a lot of writers (especially male writers in regards to female characters talking/interacting with no sexual or violent dynamic) literally giving these moments with so much dramatic potential it one or two panels:

Rachel projects her thoughts, experiences being a Hound and years of being overlooked as a C-Lister into Jean's mind.

Jean: Whoah. *runs off crying because teenagers in comics always run off crying or have dramatic outbursts, esp. when she realizes that despite years of 616 Jean and Rachel existing, many writers completely ignored the possible dynamics and alternate future Jean may very well be made into a B-Lister, as well*

The rest of the issue has Wolverine and Cyclops punching each other in the face while Storm and Iceman stand silently in the background. Beast and Kitty get two lines each but have no impact on the overall direction of the storyline.

Lol sounds about right.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Yeah.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.