Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

jean and malloy

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darthphoenix

when prof x discovered that jean embraced the powers of the phoenix again, meaning she is both tp and tk boosted already, why didn't he ask for her help with malloy? would jean have a bigger chance of replacing the psi walls xavier once built in malloy's brain? would phoenix powered jean survive malloy?

Rhino999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rhino999

Because Malloy is a new addition(Story wise i.e.) and Jean was dead when he wrote the will and he didnt want X-men to know. Phoenix Jean would've survived Malloy as long as he doesnt take over Phoenix force somehow(that would be really bad)

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think the phoenix will abandon jean for malloy. for some reason, the phoenix force is head over heels for jean grey.

Rhino999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rhino999

Malloy can pull a Tony Stark and split Phoenix somehow . Phoenix splitting hasnt been retconned as far as I know

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the phoenix can split and yet still be one. sentient in nature

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malloy was shown that he was too much for Rachel. What I mean he was stronger.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uhypocrite: Rachel isn't in the topic.

Malloy has shown another part of his powers. Though not explained yet if it was durability and regeneration or he can simply resurrect himself and regenerate. I wish he stays with the x-men and not end up like x-man who burned out. He would be of great use in secret wars

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when prof x discovered that jean embraced the powers of the phoenix again, meaning she is both tp and tk boosted already, why didn't he ask for her help with malloy? would jean have a bigger chance of replacing the psi walls xavier once built in malloy's brain? would phoenix powered jean survive malloy?

He didn't need her help, the problem now is that Xavier is not around to keep the walls up to code. Jean surpassed him in power and her skill was just as great or greater considering some of the feats she can do that he can't and that she was no longer his student (for years) which would indicate there was nothing left to teach her, I don't see her having trouble with Malloy if she had been present.

@rhino999 said:

Because Malloy is a new addition(Story wise i.e.) and Jean was dead when he wrote the will and he didnt want X-men to know. Phoenix Jean would've survived Malloy as long as he doesnt take over Phoenix force somehow(that would be really bad)

In retrospect and considering Jean held his entire mind within her own, it's safe to say Jean did know about him and just figured it was something that the Professor could handle without her help, since that is exactly what was going on. I also don't see her being in any danger of him taking the Phoenix, as it goes where it wants and wasn't as present as people would like to believe before Jean died the first time for it to be taken. She was not actively using it, so there would be nothing to take. That and the fact that at that point in her evolution going into her mind to access the ocean of psychic light, that was a passive manifestation of the power the Phoenix she was keeping at bay, would have turned all his thoughts to ash.

4U2NV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It this is more like jean vs malloy? Who the hell is malloy? Please don't tell me this malloy is another useless phoenix. I think having like 80 phoenixS is corny. Jean was enough, but bringing more and more phoenix was out of Marvel. Since I don't know who is "Malloy" I will go with Jean.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is not jean vs malloy. This is about the possibility of her continuing what prof x has done to malloy. Read and understand comics before throwing sarcasm. we need not to be in every thread if we have no idea what's the thread is about. PEACE

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean was powerful enough to continue doing it. But if the professor told Jean Grey who do you think she would've told? Scott? Storm? Beast? The three people who right now are either pissed or at a loss with what to do about this secret and the idea of such a powerful mutant. It would've shaken the X-Men who, at the point where Jean was at her strongest were already divided. Perhaps after he retired from the school and left Jean in charge but otherwise why run the risk?

Also i don't think Jean new about Malloy for these same reasons. If she did, both it and a lot of Xavier's other secrets wouldn't have stood for as long as they did.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, among the scott, beast and storm, it is clear that only Scott has a concrete idea of what to do with malloy. I think that the other x-men just don't trust him and thinks that he'll use malloy as a weapon when all he wanted was to save him and at least try to teach him how to use his powers. The very reason he was confident enough to come up to malloy and ask him to read his mind for his intentions on him (malloy). From the last issue of uncanny x-men, I think storm is already swayed to the idea of scott of helping malloy rather than pushing for what the Professor wanted them to do.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: Yes but his initial reaction to finding out what Xavier had done was to call him hypocrite at the reading of his will. I'm sure he would've gone with the idea of helping him eventually (as they all would) but Xavier doing something as questionable as mindwhiping and hiding away a powerful mutant while he was still leading the X-Men would've caused a rift within the X-Men at the time.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: But i really do agree with scott on this. Though, I do understand why xavier did what he did to malloy. he was trapped in a predicament that he had to make a drastic decision he himself couldn't even stand up to. Good for him he's already dead when this thing came up. He didn't have to justify his actions. Especially to scott who is already mad at him for hiding so much from him.

I really think that both x-men and shield should have considered that xavier dealt with a kid who didnt understand the dangers of his powers and that they are now dealing with a full grown man who they can talk to. They should have forced themselves on malloy.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: Agreed. In my opinion had the X-Men group not arrived after shield then they could've contained and talked down Malloy the same way Scott seemed to be. But even still they'd have to deal with the fact that this pokes a whole in Xavier's dream with the question of "What happens when a god level mutant is born that can't be reasoned with?"

The only problem I see is that too many people are trying to come up with ways to justify killing/not killing Malloy and debating over that and not enough people are trying to talk to him. Funny thing is I think had Legion not erased himself from existence the experiences they had wouldve changed their approach.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Jean was powerful enough to continue doing it. But if the professor told Jean Grey who do you think she would've told? Scott? Storm? Beast? The three people who right now are either pissed or at a loss with what to do about this secret and the idea of such a powerful mutant. It would've shaken the X-Men who, at the point where Jean was at her strongest were already divided. Perhaps after he retired from the school and left Jean in charge but otherwise why run the risk?

Also i don't think Jean new about Malloy for these same reasons. If she did, both it and a lot of Xavier's other secrets wouldn't have stood for as long as they did.

Jean transferred the entire consciousness of Xavier memories and all into her own mind, even though Malloy was not created until recently, his new existence to us does not erase the fact that in retrospect Jean should already know about him and she didn't tell anybody. As far as we know she knew about him before, as Xavier in the past has trusted Jean with secrets he has not shared with the other X-men and she has not in the past exposed him to any of them. She knew he wasn't dead and didn't tell anybody even though the death upset them, and she still has yet to reveal that she took a walk through some of his darkest secrets with Onslaught. When he was trying to find a traitor among them, he only told Jean and she never gave any hint that she was aware of what he was doing even though she had a psi rapport with Scott, that she must have been actively blocking. Hell, IIRC the Z-Noxx chamber that Xavier used when he faked his death was still a secret until she needed it to make sure Onslaught couldn't spy on her and Cain. I don't know what Jean you have read in the past, but the one I remember was not known for telling his secrets (or really anybody else's for that matter) for you to say...

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: True but in the instance of her holding his entire consciousness the action was such a strain for her that I don't think she would've been able to sort through or take in the information of his thoughts.

The issue I have isn't with so much the idea that Jean would keep this secret on its own. But the idea that she would keep this secret would mean she would likely know about other things he's done questionably. Vulcan's team, Scott's mindwipe, Danger.... Knowing all of these things and the things that she has learned about in canon would make her very morally questionable. Not just in that she kept it from the team but in that she would continue to support Xavier as thoroughly as she did. It paints her as ridiculously loyal to him if she would never go through a period questioning him when examining his worst choices and his way of manipulating the X-Men.

Its an interesting point to consider but it paints Jean either a lot darker or more ignorant then I prefer to believe.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@lordofallhumans: True but in the instance of her holding his entire consciousness the action was such a strain for her that I don't think she would've been able to sort through or take in the information of his thoughts.

The issue I have isn't with so much the idea that Jean would keep this secret on its own. But the idea that she would keep this secret would mean she would likely know about other things he's done questionably. Vulcan's team, Scott's mindwipe, Danger.... Knowing all of these things and the things that she has learned about in canon would make her very morally questionable. Not just in that she kept it from the team but in that she would continue to support Xavier as thoroughly as she did. It paints her as ridiculously loyal to him if she would never go through a period questioning him when examining his worst choices and his way of manipulating the X-Men.

Its an interesting point to consider but it paints Jean either a lot darker or more ignorant then I prefer to believe.

The process was straining her, due to various factors, but when the process is complete she tells Beast she is fine and that she stored his consciousness in her own memories, from Revolution we find out that Jean stores all her memories in a astral duplicate of the mansion, which allows her to visit them whenever she wants, which would suggest his consciousness was stored their since that place represents her own memories where she actually put his mind.

No human alive has unquestionable morals. Everybody in the X-men have secrets that at one point in time should have been known to any number of telepathic members of the team, the fact that people paint Jean as a mary sue is the only reason you would even find a problem with her not exposing him. Jean does have a dark side, when it showed itself to the Phoenix billions died, when she got pissed because Maddie was alive her dark side led her to simply take the Black Bird to murder Maddie in cold blood without telling anybody what she found out and what she was planning to do. She enjoyed mentally torturing Emma. The point in her life when she held all of Xaviers mind within her was also a time when she was also no longer worried about what people thought of her and was more prone since Revolution to take more violent and darker courses of action. She was ridiculously loyal to him, which is why he trusted her more than the others, she had been on the receiving end of his "you're too powerful to have all your powers" way of thinking because it started with her.

I've never been under the impression of Jean being a mary sue good girl and nothing more just because that seems to be the popular opinion when it comes to her, she has a dark side and was mentored by a powerful telepath that would give any villain a run for their money in the morals department. When faced with the moral dilemma of risking the dream by exposing Xavier, she choose the dream because that is what she truly believed in at the end of the day.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The process was straining her, due to various factors, but when the process is complete she tells Beast she is fine and that she stored his consciousness in her own memories, from Revolution we find out that Jean stores all her memories in a astral duplicate of the mansion, which allows her to visit them whenever she wants, which would suggest his consciousness was stored their since that place represents her own memories where she actually put his mind.

No human alive has unquestionable morals. Everybody in the X-men have secrets that at one point in time should have been known to any number of telepathic members of the team, the fact that people paint Jean as a mary sue is the only reason you would even find a problem with her not exposing him. Jean does have a dark side, when it showed itself to the Phoenix billions died, when she got pissed because Maddie was alive her dark side led her to simply take the Black Bird to murder Maddie in cold blood without telling anybody what she found out and what she was planning to do. She enjoyed mentally torturing Emma. The point in her life when she held all of Xaviers mind within her was also a time when she was also no longer worried about what people thought of her and was more prone since Revolution to take more violent and darker courses of action. She was ridiculously loyal to him, which is why he trusted her more than the others, she had been on the receiving end of his "you're too powerful to have all your powers" way of thinking because it started with her.

I've never been under the impression of Jean being a mary sue good girl and nothing more just because that seems to be the popular opinion when it comes to her, she has a dark side and was mentored by a powerful telepath that would give any villain a run for their money in the morals department. When faced with the moral dilemma of risking the dream by exposing Xavier, she choose the dream because that is what she truly believed in at the end of the day.

Again nothing to suggest that she did know though or was sorting through his memories at the time. Not in the short period of time she had them to my recollection.

Again the problem isn't so much with her being the most loyal X-Man to Xavier or even being this perfect statue that people hold her up to. It comes down to the fact that she's not this corrupt being that excepts any an all excuses as acceptable losses for the cause. Xavier sends a bunch of teenagers to their death...one of whom is the brother of the man she's married to whom he knows nothing about and then he mind wipes the only evidence of this. Jean just goes oh well acceptable losses? I don't think so. She's fiercely independent and out spoken on everything else and if she was willing to accept these things then she would've at least been more cautious of Xavier or at least questioned his decisions and choices.

Now the other side of the coin is that like you said she could've been aware of things like Malloy and Danger and while not liking it she could've still kept quiet to avoid the utter devastation that Xavier falling from saint hood would (and did) cause within the X-Men ranks. But if that's true it makes her more corrupt then Xavier that she doesn't just keep one or two of big mistakes but all of them and doesn't even attempt to distance herself from them. In fact it would make her a huge hypocrite considering some of the actions the X-Men have called lesser villains out for taking.

Really I can accept that she was the most aware of the darker aspects of the Professor, but to say that she know's everything that he's done and not only accepts and hides it, but also continues to embrace him. It makes her seem very dark but in a dull way, since she doesn't hold him at fault for anything he's done and would appear to agree with all of his choices.

Then again maybe the reason for his planned departure and retirement in New X-Men was because Jean was tired of his line crossing and threatened to expose him. So really there was a huge amount of background drama going on between her and the professor and it may have one of the most interesting character moments we never saw, or everything we saw was 100% real and she new everything he'd done and wasn't the least bit put off by it. Which is dark....but boring

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

Again nothing to suggest that she did know though or was sorting through his memories at the time. Not in the short period of time she had them to my recollection.

Who said she sorted through them then? She stored him in a place that she keeps things in her mind and can look at later. I have only suggested that based on that there is no reason to believe she did not know about Malloy.

Again the problem isn't so much with her being the most loyal X-Man to Xavier or even being this perfect statue that people hold her up to. It comes down to the fact that she's not this corrupt being that excepts any an all excuses as acceptable losses for the cause. Xavier sends a bunch of teenagers to their death...one of whom is the brother of the man she's married to whom he knows nothing about and then he mind wipes the only evidence of this. Jean just goes oh well acceptable losses? I don't think so. She's fiercely independent and out spoken on everything else and if she was willing to accept these things then she would've at least been more cautious of Xavier or at least questioned his decisions and choices.

Jean was also dealing with the fact that Phoenix was trying to replace her at every turn warning her about a bloody future, at what point is she suppose to scold him about things they can't change with the world hanging in the balance? If Jean were around long enough to address these issues after holding his mind, your point would seem more valid to me, but in the midst of dealing with a cosmic force trying to take over her and her crumbling marriage I'd say she was preoccupied and then she died.

Now the other side of the coin is that like you said she could've been aware of things like Malloy and Danger and while not liking it she could've still kept quiet to avoid the utter devastation that Xavier falling from saint hood would (and did) cause within the X-Men ranks. But if that's true it makes her more corrupt then Xavier that she doesn't just keep one or two of big mistakes but all of them and doesn't even attempt to distance herself from them. In fact it would make her a huge hypocrite considering some of the actions the X-Men have called lesser villains out for taking.

How big of a deal are Malloy and Danger really? At the end of the day why is what Xavier did to them suppose to be such a big deal outside of trying to vilify him? He did he exact same thing to Jean as far as the Malloy power situation is concerned, she has never seemed to have a problem with it when it comes to herself, why should it have more of an impact on her when he does it to some stranger that killed people as a result of his uncontrolled powers?

Really I can accept that she was the most aware of the darker aspects of the Professor, but to say that she know's everything that he's done and not only accepts and hides it, but also continues to embrace him. It makes her seem very dark but in a dull way, since she doesn't hold him at fault for anything he's done and would appear to agree with all of his choices.

Not telling a secret does not mean you accept them. As I said Jean had her own issues to deal with and at the time, she not Xavier was in charge of the dream anyway, the problem was she was not allowed to stay around long enough to express any concern or distaste over his past actions, if she had any at all, as many of things he has done are not really that bad to begin with to a woman with the weight of 5 billion dead people looming over her. People are acting like Xavier is a mass murderer, he's not, he's an old man that did some questionable things that is being called out by a bunch of hypocrites.

Then again maybe the reason for his planned departure and retirement in New X-Men was because Jean was tired of his line crossing and threatened to expose him. So really there was a huge amount of background drama going on between her and the professor and it may have one of the most interesting character moments we never saw, or everything we saw was 100% real and she new everything he'd done and wasn't the least bit put off by it. Which is dark....but boring

His retirement and departure was not him, it was Cassandra Nova. I only suggested that the Malloy incident could have been something she knew about, but I maintain that after she held his mind within her own, there is no reason to believe it was a secret from her if it was before that, and unlike others, I don't see what the big deal is.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: Lol We just disagree too much on the facts in this one and there's no way either of us can out reason the other with something added to continuity retroactively since we view the character differently.

Final thoughts though: I think that shrugging off Danger is a huge thing considering the fact that the guy preaching equality just ignored the call of a sentient being and went out of his way to bury it's sentience. Malloy I'll give you, if she knew about him she'd agree and honestly most of the X-Men (save the very pro-mutant and unflinching) would agree to go along with it after Malloy chose to abandon his gifts. But even if we take it away from the context of Xavier and what he stands for, realizing you've created life and then trying to kill it so you can have a better place to work out is just wrong.

And while I can sort of agree with the whole "she had other problems" thought, it seems like the questionable actions of her mentor figure and possible implications of someone so close to her being manipulated and used by him would've weighed heavily on her given her struggle with holding onto her humanity and at least been a factor considering what she was going through. But we never heard that even in passing.

Basically my point is that if she knew these things and didn't react to any of them it leaves way to many questions unanswered and scenarios unexplored during the craziness in her last days, while if she just didn't know or wasn't actively aware she knew it's a lot easier to accept since it doesn't radically alter the character just because of association. To me the best answer to "Why didn't Jean act if she knew about all of these game changing things?" is that she just didn't know.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@koays said:

@lordofallhumans: Lol We just disagree too much on the facts in this one and there's no way either of us can out reason the other with something added to continuity retroactively since we view the character differently.

Final thoughts though: I think that shrugging off Danger is a huge thing considering the fact that the guy preaching equality just ignored the call of a sentient being and went out of his way to bury it's sentience. Malloy I'll give you, if she knew about him she'd agree and honestly most of the X-Men (save the very pro-mutant and unflinching) would agree to go along with it after Malloy chose to abandon his gifts. But even if we take it away from the context of Xavier and what he stands for, realizing you've created life and then trying to kill it so you can have a better place to work out is just wrong.

And while I can sort of agree with the whole "she had other problems" thought, it seems like the questionable actions of her mentor figure and possible implications of someone so close to her being manipulated and used by him would've weighed heavily on her given her struggle with holding onto her humanity and at least been a factor considering what she was going through. But we never heard that even in passing.

Basically my point is that if she knew these things and didn't react to any of them it leaves way to many questions unanswered and scenarios unexplored during the craziness in her last days, while if she just didn't know or wasn't actively aware she knew it's a lot easier to accept since it doesn't radically alter the character just because of association. To me the best answer to "Why didn't Jean act if she knew about all of these game changing things?" is that she just didn't know.

Lol, I can agree with that.

I don't see it that way. This is a man that wants equality for himself and his people, when has it ever been suggested that Xavier cared about any other beings as much as mutants? He knows about various subsets of humans on the Earth and had no care for them or any possible plights they may have been going through. The Mannite Nina helped him and restored his powers, but when her entire race was in danger of being exterminated by Death, Xavier could care less because he disbanded the X-Men. Just because a man wants his people to live in peace does not automatically make him a Christ like being that cares about everybody. Xavier is not a perfect man, and his concern was for mutants as evidenced by him creating a school that never welcomed anybody except mutants as students. People have turned Xavier into a symbol and forget he is supposed to also be a man as flawed as any other, but because he is supposed to be what is considered the good guys, anything that he does that may seem self serving or human tarnishes the symbol he has been replaced with.

Or maybe just maybe she was more concerned with her own life, as is normal for people. I would say a cosmic force whispering in your mind every chance it gets demanding you let it consume and replace you while predicting your untimely death, while your husband is mind screwing your rival was more than enough for her to deal with, especially when it came to scolding Xavier about strangers and a soulless machine. I think it's because they are the "heroes" we expect them to always be selfless and always be concerned about what is going outside of themselves more than they are supposed to be worried about what is going on inside themselves, that is what I always liked about the X-men and Marvel heroes in general, they are very flawed and very human and sometimes have to chose themselves regardless of what the world is going through.

As always I enjoy our exchanges even though we don't always agree it is always civil and I can certainly appreciate your POV, this place would be boring if we agreed about everything lol.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By darthphoenix

I don't think jean would remember most stuff that was in xavier's head, 1st she was strained because she was so sick at that time that her focus was on trying to keep xavier's consciousness inside her head. The debate here is whether she knew all this when she and emma went inside xavier's head. she was able to unlock every obstacle inside his head, it is not clear though if she was nosey eneough to go through his secrets. If ever she did, I think jean's loyalty to xavier would be swayed and would side with scott especially on the matter concerning vulcan

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, as I remember, part of her telepathic powers is being able to remember everything. when did she go maddie hunting?

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: I don't think jean would remember most stuff that was in xavier's head, 1st she was strained because she was so sick at that time that her focus was on trying to keep xavier's consciousness inside her head. The debate here is whether she knew all this when she and emma went inside xavier's head. she was able to unlock every obstacle inside his head, it is not clear though if she was nosey eneough to go through his secrets. If ever she did, I think jean's loyalty to xavier would be swayed and would side with scott especially on the matter concerning vulcan

As I explained earlier the strain was over once the process was complete she was straining not only because she was dying she explained to Beast that she was also making room in her own mind for his, once she made room and the upload was complete she said she was fine and was able to store him in her apparent photographic memory, which is why I find it hard to believe that is was not possible for her to know about Malloy since she stored Xavier in a part of her mind that is made to hold information from the past. That is not proof that she decided to actually view that memory but it should certainly have been available to her. The rescue of Xavier within the broken body of Nova was only an extraction mission, but even in there she was able to see his earliest memories from the womb which is how they found out what Nova really was. If Jean were allowed to live it would have been very interesting to see her reactions to the new things that Xavier was written to have committed after she died, but as of now it is not out of the realm of possibility to think she didn't think much of any of it, was waiting for a better time to bring it up or was too preoccupied with her own stuff as she wasn't given an expiration date by the Phoenix.

Also, as I remember, part of her telepathic powers is being able to remember everything. when did she go maddie hunting?

She stored her memories in a astral plane replica of the mansion during revolution. She went out to kill Maddie in Xman 25 IIRC.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people transform Jean into this all too good person because of the way the xmen use her as a symbol these days. Darthphoenix and LordOfAllHumans are on the right track to me, Jean is Xaviers confidant, he trained her since she was 12, in hidden years they revealed that Jean knew Xavier was planning on recruiting storm and other mutants, she learned his secrets during onslaught, and got a chance to look into his mind twice in new xmen.

Jean has had clashes with Xavier over his methods and other issues, but they remain close. I'm sure she may have not liked the things he did, but kept it secret. Also, Xavier did the same thing to Jean, locking away her telepathy, reducing her telekinesis, preventing natural growth of her powers, and she didn't mind

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: I'll give you that Xavier isn't the most broadly defined heroic of the X-Men. But it seems like even in his most driven and unflinching moments Xavier would scold an X-Man for doing what he did with Danger. He clearly has his bias' when it comes to what he fights for but I think he's still a lot more morally driven then some of the exceptions we see in his behavior.

Lol I think we've proven a few times that we can go back and fourth civilly and respectfully when it comes to different Jean interpretations and its definitely fun... But 2 paragraphs in on that last one and I realized we'd be debating circles over if she knew,when she knew and what she'd do if she knew when really even Xavier didn't know he did half the stuff until after the arc. Lol it was a little too much to speculate on with all 3 questions

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans said:

@koays said:

Jean transferred the entire consciousness of Xavier memories and all into her own mind, even though Malloy was not created until recently, his new existence to us does not erase the fact that in retrospect Jean should already know about him and she didn't tell anybody. As far as we know she knew about him before, as Xavier in the past has trusted Jean with secrets he has not shared with the other X-men and she has not in the past exposed him to any of them. She knew he wasn't dead and didn't tell anybody even though the death upset them, and she still has yet to reveal that she took a walk through some of his darkest secrets with Onslaught. When he was trying to find a traitor among them, he only told Jean and she never gave any hint that she was aware of what he was doing even though she had a psi rapport with Scott, that she must have been actively blocking. Hell, IIRC the Z-Noxx chamber that Xavier used when he faked his death was still a secret until she needed it to make sure Onslaught couldn't spy on her and Cain. I don't know what Jean you have read in the past, but the one I remember was not known for telling his secrets (or really anybody else's for that matter) for you to say...

when the truth about xavier and danger was first out, xavier even said "i liked to think jean knew", so i guess jean knew about matthew and didnt tell anyone as a confident to xavier

I have a good back story for jean its goes like when jean was 10 her mutant powers activated, then xavier came in to help her when she was 13. then at 13 she tried to get back to normal school but couldnt because of sfter school fights. so xavier thought of making his own school for mutants and they can be thereselves

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people transform Jean into this all too good person because of the way the xmen use her as a symbol these days. Darthphoenix and LordOfAllHumans are on the right track to me, Jean is Xaviers confidant, he trained her since she was 12, in hidden years they revealed that Jean knew Xavier was planning on recruiting storm and other mutants, she learned his secrets during onslaught, and got a chance to look into his mind twice in new xmen.

Jean has had clashes with Xavier over his methods and other issues, but they remain close. I'm sure she may have not liked the things he did, but kept it secret. Also, Xavier did the same thing to Jean, locking away her telepathy, reducing her telekinesis, preventing natural growth of her powers, and she didn't mind

i want to see jean vs malloy and jean winning........jean would smooth thing out with malloy because she knows how he feels.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want teen Jean to hook up with Malloy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sorry what x-title and around what issues did the debacle with danger happen? :)

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think jean will even do what Prof x have done. I think she will do what scott did. Malloy is not a child anymore.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HopeSummersOftheFuture

That probably won't happen any time soon, besides he's a new character, everyone has to job, "cough" exodus "cough". After Bendis run he'll probably be plunked by cuckoos, Emma, Quentin or blood listed Martha.

Please what issue did the danger stuff happen, I've seen some scans, but haven't read on the full story of

@Avenger85

Eww, she's not even leegal

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By del_torro

@HopeSummersOftheFuture

That probably won't happen any time soon, besides he's a new character, everyone has to job, "cough" exodus "cough". After Bendis run he'll probably be plunked by cuckoos, Emma, Quentin or blood listed Martha.

Please what issue did the danger stuff happen, I've seen some scans, but haven't read on the full story of

@Avenger85

Eww, she's not even leegal

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want teen Jean to hook up with Malloy.

Troll!!!! but malloy reminds me of a young gambit without the accent

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.