Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

"It's Coming" is almost here...

lovelyamy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lovelyamy

Now I am looking forward to the entire Avengers vs. X-men. But so far I am experiencing some little draw backs.

Firstly I am Team X-men all the way but I have to admit I am not sure if they will win. I think they should as they are marvels top recognized team. Besides X-men #1 is recognized as the top selling comic book of all time. They are very popular and take a moment to realize how many films, merchandise, animation shows and more this team have produced just because of their name. But with the big introduction of The Avengers film I have doubt that marvel will shift it in their favor to gain popularity rates equal to the x-men. But putting that all aside I wanted to ask is anyone happy with things so far? First we see that Iron Fist have history with the phoenix for some apparent reason. Then we have little to no involvement so far with Rachel Grey and Professor X (Who both have history with Jean Grey - The Phoenix). While we do have a good showdown with heroes what is the primary goal in the end? I wouldn't be surprised if Wanda found out about how big the phoenix threat is and resurrect Jeans body to solve everything. But having a hero war does little to the situation. People should pay attention to potential host like Kid omega, Rachel, and others including Hope. Wasn't that the goal of the imperial guard in Phoenix: Endsong (Whose involvement has yet to be revealed).

So far certain things should be hinted at but instead we see Iron fist involvement and the avengers vs. the x-men fight. My main purpose is not who wins (although I want the x-men to win :D), I just want a good story. Hopefully you guys agree and I don't come off as ranting. If the story sucks I would be mad but laugh because it would just place Rick Remender on top of five writers that write a huge bad event compared to a writer who wrote a small exceptional arc (which is The Dark Saga).

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

I have to disagree that the X-Men are Marvel's top recognized team. The Avengers are generally referred to as Earth's Mightiest Heroes and have vastly more powerful members on their team than most X-Men. They also have a better track record against more powerful opponents. I would agree that X-Men is Marvel's top selling franchise title, though.

I don't really see a point to this crossover, and can't really get too excited for it, unfortunately.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cattlebattle
    @PhoenixoftheTides said:

I have to disagree that the X-Men are Marvel's top recognized team. The Avengers are generally referred to as Earth's Mightiest Heroes and have vastly more powerful members on their team than most X-Men. They also have a better track record against more powerful opponents. I would agree that X-Men is Marvel's top selling franchise title, though.

I don't really see a point to this crossover, and can't really get too excited for it, unfortunately.

I would say X-Men is Marvels cash cow, top team without question.....might be different after this summer though

I agree this crossover is desperation for Marvel seeing as DC is stirring news all the time and maintaining good sales
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By BatteredArmor

Oh....Ohhhhhhh, the event it's coming, don't stop, don't stop writing it, ah yeah that's good, that's real good I like that twist, twist it, ahhh, almost there, ohhhh, don't stop, it's coming it's coming, oh oh it's here Oh god, ah ahhhhhhh. Oh god...what a mess.....just an absolute mess,,,,,,,,I'll get you a towel......

And that's my prediction for AVX

Edit: My point was that AVX will be a mess.....that may have been lost in translation.....I may have overdone the joke a bit

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 137

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@BlackArmor

.......................was it good for you?

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Avenging-X-Bolt: No it was strangely unsatisfying

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.