Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

It's actually happening!

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Dman1366

I wonder if, since the original 5 are coming to the future, they will join the JGSHL? Aaron said to me that he has big plans for this book and intends on staying with it as long as possible.

@tomchu said:

@BlackArmor said:

@John Valentine said:

So…. Uncanny X-Men and Wolverine and The X-Men will remain Bendis-free?

Sounds like a win

@knighthood said:

So they are bringing Jean back. Oh well.

Sounds like a loss

UXM will be Bendis-free because UXM won't exist anymore.

says All New X-Men is 'the going to be replace or be the successor of Uncanny X-Men'

With new teenage Jean Grey who has lost all her bloody memories.

Why can't the dead stay dead? or at least make the fans happy and bring her back with all her continuity intact.

Also, if this is true, that suckS! Gillen is an amazng x writer....

any thoughts

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By oraclefyre

@sesquipedalophobe said:

No one is too young for Logan. I call this the waiting game.

He did that make a comment to Hope in an earlier AvX issue about red hair. Nothing is off bounds.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Dman1366

@oraclefyre said:

@sesquipedalophobe said:

He did that make a comment to Hope in an earlier AvX issue about red hair. Nothing is off bounds.

lol we didn't learn this when the 19 yo Piotr was hooking up with the 13 yo kitty?

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By oraclefyre

@Dman1366 said:

@oraclefyre said:

@sesquipedalophobe said:

lol we didn't learn this when the 19 yo Piotr was hooking up with the 13 yo kitty?

lol Guess age is just a number to the X-Men. Didn't stop the Angel/Husk relationship and I'm still haunting by Xavier's creepy thought bubble about Jean.

*slowly realises X-Men are creepers*

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Dman1366

@oraclefyre: hahahaha not creepers, just oppourtunists ;)

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By oraclefyre

@Dman1366 said:

@oraclefyre: hahahaha not creepers, just oppourtunists ;)

lol Teenage Jean better watch out for Logan then.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Dman1366

@oraclefyre: LOL! more like the other way around, teenage girl mutants w/ lots of hormones.... bad news everytime

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By oraclefyre

@Dman1366 said:

@oraclefyre: LOL! more like the other way around, teenage girl mutants w/ lots of hormones.... bad news everytime

eek. It's going to be creepy as hell to watch.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#159  Edited By John Valentine

@Dman1366 said:

any thoughts

I love Uncanny X-Men, but the whole run so far has just run up to AvX. I'd assume that most of Gillen's plot points will be resolved by the end of the story.

I'll still have WaTXM and Uncanny X-Force (I hope). Definitely WaTXM, at least.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Hareil0079

@Osian2 said:

@tomchu said:

@BlackArmor said:

@John Valentine said:

So…. Uncanny X-Men and Wolverine and The X-Men will remain Bendis-free?

Sounds like a win

@knighthood said:

So they are bringing Jean back. Oh well.

Sounds like a loss

UXM will be Bendis-free because UXM won't exist anymore.

says All New X-Men is 'the going to be replace or be the successor of Uncanny X-Men'

With new teenage Jean Grey who has lost all her bloody memories.

Why can't the dead stay dead? or at least make the fans happy and bring her back with all her continuity intact.

They said "All new x-men" is the successor to Uncanny X-men in the same way that "New Avengers" was the successor to "Avengers" so it could still be around...at least I hope so. They're being way too vague.

The way i'm understanding the news.. that Uncanny Avengers is the successor to UXM hence the 2 merger

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By John Valentine

@Hareil0079 said:

The way i'm understanding the news.. that Uncanny Avengers is the successor to UXM hence the 2 merger

Not a bad analysis, but I believe Uncanny Avengers is replacing Secret Avengers and that Bendis' "All New X-Men" is replacing Gillen's UXM as a flagship X-title.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39534

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Osian2

@John Valentine said:

@Hareil0079 said:

Not a bad analysis, but I believe Uncanny Avengers is replacing Secret Avengers and that Bendis' "All New X-Men" is replacing Gillen's UXM as a flagship X-title.

God I hope that's not the case and what's up with the title "All New X-men" when it's the five ORIGINAL x-men coming to the future?

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Hareil0079

@John Valentine said:

@Hareil0079 said:

hmm.. I read it here it was the other way around, but there's too much floating around

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#164  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

Looks like my worries about Bendis not knowing anything about the X-Men and screwing everything up was completely correct.

Brevoort: Brian decided that if he was going to write X-Men, he had to start at the beginning. [Laughs.] He knew nothing, and he read X-Men #1 and went, "Great! I want to write that now."

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-now-revamp-tom-brevoort.html

Also, the cover for Uncanny Avengers.

No Caption Provided
    Remi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Remi

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

Looks like my worries about Bendis not knowing anything about the X-Men and screwing everything up was completely correct.

Brevoort: Brian decided that if he was going to write X-Men, he had to start at the beginning. [Laughs.] He knew nothing, and he read X-Men #1 and went, "Great! I want to write that now."

lmao XD

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#166  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@John Valentine said:

@Hareil0079 said:

It's not. Brevoort said the title will still follow through after AvX.

JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@John Valentine said:

@Hareil0079 said:

From Brevoort's formspring:

OK, so is Uncanny Avengers replacing New Avengers? Will Remender be staying on X-Force and Secret Avengers?

No, UNCANNY AVENGERS is a completely new series, it replaces neither NEW nor SECRET. And no, Rick won't be remaining on SECRET.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By CheeseSticks

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

OK, so is Uncanny Avengers replacing New Avengers? Will Remender be staying on X-Force and Secret Avengers?

No, UNCANNY AVENGERS is a completely new series, it replaces neither NEW nor SECRET. And no, Rick won't be remaining on SECRET.

So X-Force will stay the same ? Rick is only dropping Secret Avengers ?

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

No Caption Provided

I like the team, i just hope that Havok and Thor won't be background characters.

JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@CheeseSticks said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

I like the team, i just hope that Havok and Thor won't be background character

Yeah, someone else is going to write Secret. I may have heard a name, but I forgot.

Havok is supposedly going to be the leader of Uncanny Avengers, which I think is good for him.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By CheeseSticks

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@CheeseSticks said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

I like the team, i just hope that Havok and Thor won't be background character

Yeah, someone else is going to write Secret. I may have heard a name, but I forgot.

Havok is supposedly going to be the leader of Uncanny Avengers, which I think is good for him.

Havok has a leader of Uncanny Avengers ? THAT would be amazing, but until it's confirmed i still think that Cap and Wolvi will lead. I just don't see Cap receiving order from Havok even if i hate Cap.

JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@CheeseSticks:Here's an article that says Havok is the leader.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/07/05/uncanny-avengers-marvel-first-look/

That’s especially true of Havok, the brother of Cyclops, who will be the team’s leader. “He is put in a very difficult situation,” says Remender. “Havok’s always been the black sheep rock-and-roller of the Summers family. He can’t do that anymore. You’re going to see Havok become one of the biggest players in the Marvel Universe.”

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By CheeseSticks

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

That’s especially true of Havok, the brother of Cyclops, who will be the team’s leader. “He is put in a very difficult situation,” says Remender. “Havok’s always been the black sheep rock-and-roller of the Summers family. He can’t do that anymore. You’re going to see Havok become one of the biggest players in the Marvel Universe.”

OMG i just came. Rick i love you! First X-Force is amazing and then Havok will lead UA.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Hareil0079

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

I read that too, I think since it's combing both X-men and Avengers he'll be a team leader, just like cap and possibly wolvi. I'll just have to wait in see, things always change

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Osian2

@CheeseSticks said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

OMG i just came. Rick i love you! First X-Force is amazing and then Havok will lead UA.

As much as I like Havok I don't think he should lead the flagship team of the Marvel Universe, especially if Cap is also on the team.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Dman1366

I just... I just don't want Bendis on the original 5.... Idk, I feel like he is going to ruin Bobby and Warren, when they already have a perfect writer (finally), Aaron. Gillen has done great with Scott. UGH, *screams BENDIS!!!!! to the sky*

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By CheeseSticks

@Dman1366 said:

I just... I just don't want Bendis on the original 5.... Idk, I feel like he is going to ruin Bobby and Warren, when they already have a perfect writer (finally), Aaron. Gillen has done great with Scott. UGH, *screams BENDIS!!!!! to the sky*

Same here Bobby and Warren are my two favorite characters.... Please Bendis.. do something good

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Dman1366

This is crap.... I was hoping that something like this could really help the MU, but not after what I just read. "MORE AVENGER BOOKS". Hold on there Ms. Daisy. We don't any more. Just have the 2 titles, and Avengers Academy. Same with X-Men, have 2 (UXM and WatXM), and XForce. There is no need to mass produce books that tell the same story. Bendis, get away from the X-Men.

My ideal MU revamp would include (this is not including ultimate series)

1 Spider-Man

FF

Fantastic Four

2 Avengers

Avengers Academy

2 X-Men

X-Force

Thor

Scarlet Spider (biast opinion)

Ghost Rider

Dare Devil

Punisher

idk, maybe that is just me.

Is there a way we can petition Marvel to not put Bendis on X-Men? I am serious, I bet we can get an online petition going and get like 1,000 or so votes. How many people are on this forum site? We could also broadcast it to other forum sites.

MarvelGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By MarvelGrey

@Dman1366 said:

Is there a way we can petition Marvel to not put Bendis on X-Men? I am serious, I bet we can get an online petition going and get like 1,000 or so votes. How many people are on this forum site? We could also broadcast it to other forum sites.

As much as I dream for something like that to happen it won't matter the only way I can see him getting thrown off is if it sells like THE ALL NEW Ultimate Spider-Man. Plus he has Jean on the roster so you know people will be buying a copy for each of their family members too.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if emma frost dies then who would scott date???

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Osian2

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

There's only one telepath left...Psylocke!

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Hareil0079

@Osian2 said:

lol, yea, but i dont see that happening

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#182  Edited By Strider1992

@Morpheus_ said:

Sold on Rick's Uncanny Avengers.

Very much sold on Hickman's Avengers.

Laughing outloud at Bendis writing X-Men purely based on the upcoming reactions.

This seems fair

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Mutant God

I say Rogue, Dazzler, or Ms Marvel

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By John Valentine

@Hareil0079 said:

@Osian2 said:

Betsy loves a bit of Cyclops. Canon.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Hareil0079

@John Valentine said:

@Hareil0079 said:

@Osian2 said:

Yea, that was in the past, you believe there's something there or something could spark?

SaintJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By SaintJohn

is anyone touching on Thor having two swords? and the black nick fury form the ultimate universe sitting there with ww hulk, and the rest of the 616 universe people? jesus christ get it together marvel

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By oraclefyre

@SaintJohn said:

is anyone touching on Thor having two swords? and the black nick fury form the ultimate universe sitting there with ww hulk, and the rest of the 616 universe people? jesus christ get it together marvel

That's actually Nick Fury's son.

cc1738

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#188  Edited By cc1738

I'll probably check out X-Men and Uncanny Avengers. I don't think I'll get avengers because I refuse to get bi-weekly titles.

SaintJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By SaintJohn

@oraclefyre: Um even if it is its still the wrong Universe.

Nick fury is black in the ULTIMATE universe not 616. So either way to have a black fury and those characters in the same picture is off.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By oraclefyre

@SaintJohn said:

@oraclefyre: Um even if it is its still the wrong Universe.

Nick fury is black in the ULTIMATE universe not 616. So either way to have a black fury and those characters in the same picture is off.

Nick Fury's son in 616. He has a kid who happens to have the same name as him. That's Marvel for ya.

SaintJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By SaintJohn

lmao so WHITE nick fury has a BLACK son? wow. Unless that is Ultimate Universe Nick furys son that teleported to 616 then that doesnt make any damn sense what soever

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By oraclefyre

@SaintJohn said:

lmao so WHITE nick fury has a BLACK son? wow. Unless that is Ultimate Universe Nick furys son that teleported to 616 then that doesnt make any damn sense what soever

Yep. It's canon. If you get your hands on Battle Scars it explains it. Good story but I found the set up to be a bit odd at first, so technically he's Nick Fury Jr. but since white Nick Fury retired, now Nick Fury Jr is now the Nick Fury of the 616. Also he lost an eye too. And Coulson was introduced to the universe too.

afgossett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By afgossett

I just hope this doesn't affect UXF anyway. I'd hate to see that book disappear and Fantomex go into comic limbo.

SaintJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By SaintJohn

wow Nick Fury has a biracial son who takes on the mantle of Nick Fury? Jesus Marvel come on. They are making it more and more like the Ultimate Universe.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@John Valentine said:

@Hareil0079 said:

@Osian2 said:

i heard some say hope summers when shes an adult...weird

KarachiRiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By KarachiRiot

@afgossett said:

I just hope this doesn't affect UXF anyway. I'd hate to see that book disappear and Fantomex go into comic limbo.

Remender is leaving UXF but it will continue with Sam Humphries. The other new X-Force title is Cable & The X-Force which will be written by Dennis Hopeless.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#197  Edited By poisonfleur

I am still Mad at Bendis for that awful story he did where Storm joined the Avengers. Man-- that was terrible. It just made everyone look bad-- especially Storm. -_-

KarachiRiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By KarachiRiot

@poisonfleur said:

I am still Mad at Bendis for that awful story he did where Storm joined the Avengers. Man-- that was terrible. It just made everyone look bad-- especially Storm. -_-

Storm is now is an awesome looking Uncanny X-Force line up. Should be great.

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#199  Edited By xmentas

@ReVamp said:

@Urban_Spaceman: That's Uncanny Avengers, if IIRC

Cyclops is joining the avengers? How does that even make sense? They hate him!

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#200  Edited By ReVamp

@xmentas said:

@ReVamp said:

@Urban_Spaceman: That's Uncanny Avengers, if IIRC

Cyclops is joining the avengers? How does that even make sense? They hate him!

He's not, this was far before anyone knew what was actually happening. In truth, the poster is just a teaser for Marvel Now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.