It looks like X-Men comics will better (finally)

#1 Posted by time (4845 posts) - - Show Bio

With marvel now, there going to be a lot of changes, the past X-Men are returning, Jean Grey coming, the leadership of the X-Men will be changing. Cable back and looks he will be the one, that breaks Cyclops out of prison, that could be a reason why he on the run and then there Cyclops, who knows what he going to do now. Is he going to be on run to, will he form a new brotherhood or take over a new hellfire Club, or will he try win the leadership back of the X-Men. There also more mutants in the world, which means more dangerous villians to fight.

I am worried about the future for the X-Men, with the Avengers being more involved now. For now I'm hopeful. X-Men finally going in the right direction and looks like it will be getting really good.

What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

I no longer care after reading AVX.

#3 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men finally going in the right direction.

LOL.

#4 Posted by Noctis (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

X-Men finally going in the right direction.

LOL.

#5 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Source?

#6 Posted by McKlayn (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope your right but it seems like the direction they are headed is in the avengers shadows :'(

#7 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio
@McKlayn said:

I hope your right but it seems like the direction they are headed is in the avengers shadows :'(

I totally agree with this.  I would have been okay with the changes being done to the X-Men if only it didn't seem like they are going to be working for the Avengers for awhile.
#8 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn said:

Which is why I'm going to love Cyclops and Cable's team. You know the real mutant heroes.

#9 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable and X-Force is the only one I'm looking forward to.

#10 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio
@Duke_Nasty said:

Cable and X-Force is the only one I'm looking forward to.

Me too!
#11 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmmmm.

Emma Frost, Magneto, Magik & Cyclops eed to take over the Hellfire Club and rule the world.

#12 Posted by captkangaroo727 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

yea cable and x-force looks like it will be totally badass, i think the lineup is , and hopefully beats the crap out of some avengers at some point.

If i could add one character it would be warbird. What ever happened to him? He vanished during AvX it seems.

#13 Posted by lorex (946 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not hopeful about the X-Mens future. They have become an apendage of the Avengers and Wolverine looks to made the head of the X-Men. I know Marvel wants more intergeraton of their heroes under the Avengers banner but they seem to have forgotten what made the X-Men great was they were the outsiders on the fringes of things, facing threats that no one else could even see. Now anyone that does not side with them is portrayed as a renegade. I am looking forward to seeinig Cable in action again and I would like to see some interaction between him and Hope. Part of me wonders was Avengers vs X-Men the war Cable said was going to happen in the future or was this just a prelude to some bigger conflict.

#14 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio
@lorex said:
I am not hopeful about the X-Mens future. They have become an apendage of the Avengers and Wolverine looks to made the head of the X-Men. I know Marvel wants more intergeraton of their heroes under the Avengers banner but they seem to have forgotten what made the X-Men great was they were the outsiders on the fringes of things, facing threats that no one else could even see. Now anyone that does not side with them is portrayed as a renegade. I am looking forward to seeinig Cable in action again and I would like to see some interaction between him and Hope. Part of me wonders was Avengers vs X-Men the war Cable said was going to happen in the future or was this just a prelude to some bigger conflict.
I wonder about this too. I hope they bring X-Sanction into the future storylines soon so things would make more sense with that.
#15 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we're going to find out you can't change the future and that Days of Future Past happens.

#16 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:

I think we're going to find out you can't change the future and that Days of Future Past happens.

I was wondering if that future ever comes in the future X-Men titles...
#17 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: It would be such an awesome X-men theme. Fighting against a future that just won't change.

#18 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:

@Rabbitearsblog: It would be such an awesome X-men theme. Fighting against a future that just won't change.

Yeah!!
#19 Posted by jhole (48 posts) - - Show Bio

If anything this event has pushed me further away from x-men titles. Come marvel NOW! I'll be getting:

• Cable and X-force (loving the new Dr Nemesis design and want to see where Cable and Colossus go in terms of character development) ,
  • Will give X-men Legacy and All New X-men a try (just to see what they do with Cyke, Magneto, and Legion, though I despise Bendis' writing),
  • I'm torn on Uncanny Avengers, on the one hand you've got Remender/Cassaday on a book with Havok and Rogue, however on the downside you have Wolverine and Cap, two characters AvX made me hate.
  • Not sure about X-Factor, up until the most recent arc which, although enjoyable, I have found it dragging in places. Sticking with it for now but may drop it soon.
  • Similarly on Gambit, though I like the current premise of gambit as a character who has gotten bored with his current life and just wants to do something crazy, anyone who has been stuck in a dead end job can sympathise, I'm not sure where the overall direction is going and may end up dropping this.

@TheCrowbar said:

@McKlayn said:

Which is why I'm going to love Cyclops and Cable's team. You know the real mutant heroes.

Though I too assumed that the reason Cable and X-force will be on the run is because of breaking out Cyke, where did you read that Cyke would be joining X-force with cable?

#20 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhole: sorry typo teams. 2 separate teams.

#21 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin: i think they would become outlaw heroes fixing the world on the sly@x_29: @TheCrowbar: @time:

#22 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE:

I think they hunt down and blow up threats to mutantkind, while Wolverine's X-men are reactive, Scott should be proactive.

#23 Posted by McKlayn (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't think cable will be on the run for freeing scott, if you look at the summary they give about the series on the Marvel website

"Cable is back NOW! He has a new X-Force consisting of Colossus, Forge, Domino and Dr. Nemesis and they are all caught red-handed at the scene of a terrorist attack on a major American corporation whose CEO has expressed anti-mutant views. Now Cable and X-Force are on the run, with the Uncanny Avengers in hot pursuit."

It doesn't sound like they were trying to free Cyclops from the Avengers or even Shield Custody.

#24 Posted by fojtikbt (94 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really excited for All New X-Men. I think it's a really intriguing idea and has potential to be one of the best Marvel NOW! titles.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.