Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Is she doing the right thing ?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

Edited By AgeofHurricane

So, like, we're all familiar that Storm and Cyclops are two of the X-Men's both loved (and hated in some situations) leaders. I for one wouldn't say one is better than the other, over-all. Anyone who thinks otherwise is thinking crap, straight-up. They both lead in different ways and in their own...journeys have on more than one occasion saved Mutantkind from complete and utter desctruction as well as the world...and occasionally, the universe (i'd like to think ?). So we've got that sorted, let's get deeper...

Given recent occurences, Scott being the leader of the X-Men and Mutantkind has had to make some tough choices and decisions, they were all for the best, mind you. One of those "tough decisions" would be the erection of X-Force (lols), a covert strike-team made for one purpose: to kill and terminate any and all threats before they become serious and/or lethal threats to the X-Men (the way i see it, anyways). Now, many other X-Men like Beast and Ororo herself could not bring themselves to abide by such an atrocity, the infamous phrase of "X-Men don't kill" was one of the reasons as to why they objected to such an "abomination" (as described by Ororo herself, for good reasons.), Beast ended up leaving but didn't hesitate to demonstrate to Cyclops at Kurt's funeral that he has a way with words. Beast out of the two, has made it quite clear that the secrets Cyclops (and at the time, Emma, but she's not the point.) kept to himself could very well destroy the X-Men, that was already acknowledged by Scott. Storm on the other hand, didn't exactly let him know of what she felt until after SC, she laughed at him and more or less laughed at Wolverine, in complete modesty ;).

Yes, Domino,
    Yes, Domino, "damn" indeed

Schism came and we didn't exactly hear Ororo's thoughts on the matter, on anything, really. (maybe a small appearance in the first issue but that was about...IT), not that i care too much for it, but I'm just saying. She wanted to leave Scott and head for the school (which at the time, we Storm fans thought was the better option) and she gave him the XF talk, he begged her to stay, letting her know that he couldn't let his "master plan" fail, he needed her, by his side...against all the past villians that already were. So, she stayed. In the first issue of Uncanny Storm questioned Cyclops' position as a (past) good guy or a villian, which was quite a controversial moment...on her part i'd say.

No Caption Provided

So, like, now I'm getting to the point. Recently in Security Recon/X-Men the past conflicts between Scott and Ororo as leaders is being brought up in full steam, it's a little evident (if you've been reading the series as of #30) that Storm's making it clear to Cyclops that she knows what she's doing. She doesn't want him pestering her 24/7 asking for status updates and the like because...well...she's just as good of a leader as he is. So...he kind of asked her about something, i for one thought this was one of those character defining moments, because tbh, we haven't gotten much like these between the two for ages (because the majority of writers of today are quite oblivious as to what's gone on in the past.)

Preparation
    Preparation
    Execution
    Execution

First off, you'd need to get the issue itself to get a better understanding of THAT, what I'm showing is the gist of it.

Now, I personally don't think what she's doing is hypocritical, nor do i think it's one of those "you did it to me first, so i can do it you back" situations, IMO, knowing how Scott is currently, he'd proceed to take matters into his own hands and take control of the entire situation, because that's who he is and that's what he'd do. She doesn't want that, this is the first shot of being an actual "leader" she's had in years (personally speaking) ever since Fraction's reign of terror and how she got shafted into background, she's not going to blow it.

So now, the next issue to that has come out today and there's some interesting...follow-ups. CBB to type that much.

Indeed
    Indeed

I think she's doing the right thing, Scott's got far too much on his plate right now to be dealing with things like this (LOL).

But others might not agree with it, is she being hypocritical ? Should she tell Scott ? Or was she making a big mistake the minute they took down Cthulu...

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

She should tell Mr. Fantastic and other scientists. It's evidence that superhuman mutants have been in the gene pool for centuries, possibly since the dawn of the human species if we wanted to think bigger, and gives them some more historical legitimacy versus the common view that they only appeared once nuclear energy and other forms of radiation started changing normal humans. Her reasons are somewhat hypocritical - moreso to justify keeping secrets and less about protecting something worthwhile.

ETA: I had initially suggested Beast, but that would cause political issues for both of them. Mr. Fantastic and the Future Foundation would be the perfect people to take this on.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rickbarry

I don't believe she's not telling Scott because he's got too much on his plate. She's screwing up by keeping Utopia out of the look and trusting outside people more than Scott. It's already showing as Domino and Colossus are calling her out.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By dernman

Sigh I'm going to side with Storm on this. She has reason to question how Scot would handle this and she wants to know as much as she can before presenting it to him. That way she can have a greater influence on the outcome. He would have approached and handled it in a biased/political manner so she brought it to someone who she felt would be totally neutral.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Blood1991

Thank You Age Of Hurricane for an intelligent Storm thread they are far to few in number.@Dernman said:

Sigh I'm going to side with Storm on this. She has reason to question how Scot would handle this and she wants to know as much as she can before presenting it to him. That way she can have a greater influence on the outcome. He would have approached and handled it in a biased/political manner so she brought it to someone who she felt would be totally neutral.

I agree. This is the first time in a long while her character has shown though.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Blood1991 said:

Thank You Age Of Hurricane for an Intellegent Storm thread they are far to few in number.@Dernman said:

Sigh I'm going to side with Storm on this. She has reason to question how Scot would handle this and she wants to know as much as she can before presenting it to him. That way she can have a greater influence on the outcome. He would have approached and handled it in a biased/political manner so she brought it to someone who she felt would be totally neutral.

I agree. This is the first time in a long while her character has shown though.

My pleasure, comrade.

Interesting comments btw, i likey.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Osian2

I really don't agree with Storm lying to Scott about the samples, it didn't make sense and it could possibly end up coming back to haunt her, like Pixie said Storm gave the sample to someone she doesn't even know instead of the trusted experts like Nemesis and Danger on Utopia. It was a needless and risky choice. I know Storm fans want her to be independant and strong but there are other ways of showing these traits instead of her lying to Scott. Knowledge is power and her keeping this knowledge from Scott only weakens his position as a leader. She says she wants more leeway with the team yet it's completely reasonable to want to be kept up to date and he's already shown that he trusts her (she has a place on the extinction team and he gave her control of the security/recon team that Psylocke was supposed to lead). Besides it's unlikely that he'd try to take control as it seems he's only interested in "extinction level" threats these days and all he asks from the new mutants team are reports on the missions he gives them and as long as they give a valid reason for their decisions he respects them.

I don't think she was opposed to Scott keeping x-force a secret but more about it's purpose hence why I don't think she minds lying to Scott. She's not doing anything wrong in a sense as keeping it from Scott could lessen his burdens but if it turns out she made the wrong choice by not sending the samples to Utopia then it will end up with Scott not trusting her so much and keeping a closer eye on her.

off topic: why is it that even though Scott has one of the simplest costumes, artists always draw their own variations of it?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Osian2 said:

I really don't agree with Storm lying to Scott about the samples, it didn't make sense and it could possibly end up coming back to haunt her, like Pixie said Storm gave the sample to someone she doesn't even know instead of the trusted experts like Nemesis and Danger on Utopia. It was a needless and risky choice. I know Storm fans want her to be independant and strong but there are other ways of showing these traits instead of her lying to Scott. Knowledge is power and her keeping this knowledge from Scott only weakens his position as a leader. She says she wants more leeway with the team yet it's completely reasonable to want to be kept up to date and he's already shown that he trusts her (she has a place on the extinction team and he gave her control of the security/recon team that Psylocke was supposed to lead). Besides it's unlikely that he'd try to take control as it seems he's only interested in "extinction level" threats these days and all he asks from the new mutants team are reports on the missions he gives them and as long as they give a valid reason for their decisions he respects them.

I don't think she was opposed to Scott keeping x-force a secret but more about it's purpose hence why I don't think she minds lying to Scott. She's not doing anything wrong in a sense as keeping it from Scott could lessen his burdens but if it turns out she made the wrong choice by not sending the samples to Utopia then it will end up with Scott not trusting her so much and keeping a closer eye on her.

off topic: why is it that even though Scott has one of the simplest costumes, artists always draw their own variations of it?

Could i just nit-pick on one thing ?

She's more familiar with Mutantes Sans Frontiers than any other X-Man other than Warren. She's acquainted with what they do and like she said, what they believe and stand for. I think it'd be a better move for her to give them the samples as she doesn't really converse with members of the X-Club like that, she's not familiar with them on closer terms (other than the fact that they're X-Men affiliated). Not to mention, her giving the samples to them, or someone like Danger in particular would be an extremely stupid move for her, considering she wants to keep them a secret from Scott. They're a neutral thrid party, she wants to keep this under-cover and she's going to do whatever it takes.

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By OmegaHans

Heh, darn right she's doing the right thing. I want to see her lead the X-Men now.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Osian2

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Osian2 said:

She's more familiar with Mutantes Sans Frontiers than any other X-Man other than Warren. She's acquainted with what they do and like she said, what they believe and stand for. I think it'd be a better move for her to give them the samples as she doesn't really converse with members of the X-Club like that, she's not familiar with them on closer terms (other than the fact that they're X-Men affiliated). Not to mention, her giving the samples to them, or someone like Danger in particular would be an extremely stupid move for her, considering she wants to keep them a secret from Scott. They're a neutral thrid party, she wants to keep this under-cover and she's going to do whatever it takes.

I agree that she shouldn't send it to the x-club if she wanted it to be a secret but Nemesis and co have already proven themselves to be loyal to the x-men so she could still be taking a risk by giving it to that female doctor (can't remember her name) as although she might be able to trust Mutantes Sans Frontiers it's possible that she could be a spy/saboteur.

I hope the reason for Ororo lying to Scott will be expanded upon as right now it seems as though it's just a plot device.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Osian2 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Osian2 said:

I agree that she shouldn't send it to the x-club if she wanted it to be a secret but Nemesis and co have already proven themselves to be loyal to the x-men so she could still be taking a risk by giving it to that female doctor (can't remember her name) as although she might be able to trust Mutantes Sans Frontiers it's possible that she could be a spy/saboteur.

I hope the reason for Ororo lying to Scott will be expanded upon as right now it seems as though it's just a plot device.

You're right, they very well could be. Still, it's all about keeping this away from Scott.

I don't. It's more of a long-running plot that's been running between the two of them, naturally, that's being brought back from the past as it should be done. Wood's a good man, he knows what he's doing. That...and other things.

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By jubilee042

Nice blog Btw

Yeah,i think she did the right thing but she should have betsy keep an eye on the scientist ................. just in case

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hareil0079

@Dernman said:

Couldn't agree more. I'm just wondering about Colossus if he's under scott's thumb as more to inform scott if anything is going on just in case someone hides things from him. Keep in mind scott likes to plan and cover all bases and what if scenarios.

windcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By windcaster

Does anyone know if takes place before or after AVX? I For that matter why would she not turn to Wakanda or the FF. I think either one of them would be unbiased and confidential with the results. The only conclusion I could come up with given the information is that she asked someone that  Cyclops(or any other X-Men) would not suspect to run the analysis. 

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By One_Eye

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Osian2 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Osian2 said:

You're right, they very well could be. Still, it's all about keeping this away from Scott.

I don't. It's more of a long-running plot that's been running between the two of them, naturally, that's being brought back from the past as it should be done. Wood's a good man, he knows what he's doing. That...and other things.

I can't say that Storm is being hypocritical, although I don't feel it's right for her to lie either. I'm certain Ororo has her reasons for keeping secrets but I do feel that it undermines Scott as both a leader and friend. That being said; I believe that Storm deserves her fair share in leading as well as well and felt that Scott had afforded her that option. If nothing else I hope that this matter is further elaborated upon by Wood rather than an excuse to make Scott appear as a fool in Storms' presence.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On further thought, it might also be possible that she didn't want to make him even more depressed or extreme. Revealing that mutants were around further in the past than originally thought when they are currently on the verge of extinction might push him into taking more extreme measures.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hareil0079

Keep in mind the event's of Schism Scott practically begged her to stay, and right now Scotts been micro managing her at the same time. hiding it at the time where mutants are at it's weakest is smart.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Awesome write up. +1

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@jubilee042 said:

Nice blog Btw

Yeah,i think she did the right thing but she should have betsy keep an eye on the scientist ................. just in case

Thank you !

@windcaster said:

Does anyone know if takes place before or after AVX? I For that matter why would she not turn to Wakanda or the FF. I think either one of them would be unbiased and confidential with the results. The only conclusion I could come up with given the information is that she asked someone that Cyclops(or any other X-Men) would not suspect to run the analysis.

I'd like to think that it takes place before. IMO, Gischler didn't really give any of the characters development (in a sense), for it to catch up with main events, other than Jubilee, Domino and Pixie, everyone else was just there because they were there, including Storm. I think Wood's taking his time to set the standard and lay out some seeds for upcoming issues, the Cyclops/Storm conflict is just heating up.

@Gambler said:

Awesome write up. +1

Thank you !

Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@Osian2 said:

I really don't agree with Storm lying to Scott about the samples, it didn't make sense and it could possibly end up coming back to haunt her, like Pixie said Storm gave the sample to someone she doesn't even know instead of the trusted experts like Nemesis and Danger on Utopia.

Do you want to re-read that for a moment? You think it would be a better idea for her to give valuable (potentially powerful) information to characters like Nemesis and Danger? That would have been a grievous error to inform either of them of something that potentially pivotal.

I have to side with Storm wholeheartedly. But I don't think her reasoning behind why are what you are suggesting. I Highly doubt this is to lighten Scott's load and allow him to focus on other matters, but more an act of bidding time. Hold things off until she can find out if either this information, or Scott's direction are dangerous. She cares about Scott, and is still very much his friend, but I think she can see him acting more and more like the terrorists and warlords they spent so many years fighting against. He is by no means evil, but he is treading a very thin line and only a small amount of resistance or retaliation could send him down a bad path. She is not one the team because she believes this path, she is not on the team so she can over throw Scott. She is still here to stay close to Scott, monitor his decisions and nudge things in ways to best balance Scott's control and influence his options.

She doesn't want Scott to be one of the bad guys, so she it taking a behind the scenes method of keeping him out of trouble and taking subjects that could set him off, off of his radar.

I think this is all really about showing what a cool head she is keeping amongst all the chaos. I imagine that we will see many more moments of her stepping up, counseling Scott, and maybe even cleaning up a few of his messes. When AvX is over and the phoenix force is out of him, I think Scott will willingly step down as leader so he can collect himself and reconnect with the ideals he one believed in. When that happens it will be well established that Storm will take over the mantel of leadership (even if only temporarily) Honestly, she deserves it and the team deserves it and Scott needs a break so he can reflect on all this, learn from it, and grow for it.@One_Eye said:

I can't say that Storm is being hypocritical, although I don't feel it's right for her to lie either. I'm certain Ororo has her reasons for keeping secrets but I do feel that it undermines Scott as both a leader and friend.

I don't think it undermines their friendship at all. Why the best thing she could do as a friend is to keep a careful eye on him, to be around should any morally grey decision come up so she can either remind him who he is, or prevent him from going through with something he can't come back from. Scott is on some very thin ice right now and Storm's vigilance is his best lifeline

As for her undermining his leadership, let me put it to you this way. The followers never betray the leader, it can only happen the other way around. Storm is only doubting him because he has given her reason to. He is thinking more of what he wants for his people and less of how his people want it to happen, and at what cost they are willing to accept. Mutants want liberty and equality, but most especially the other x-men don't want to sacrifice their ideals to achieve it. Ororo is going to help him hold onto his soul when all of this is over.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Blood1991

@Beast_in_the_Shadows said:

@Osian2 said:

I really don't agree with Storm lying to Scott about the samples, it didn't make sense and it could possibly end up coming back to haunt her, like Pixie said Storm gave the sample to someone she doesn't even know instead of the trusted experts like Nemesis and Danger on Utopia.

Do you want to re-read that for a moment? You think it would be a better idea for her to give valuable (potentially powerful) information to characters like Nemesis and Danger? That would have been a grievous error to inform either of them of something that potentially pivotal.

I have to side with Storm wholeheartedly. But I don't think her reasoning behind why are what you are suggesting. I Highly doubt this is to lighten Scott's load and allow him to focus on other matters, but more an act of bidding time. Hold things off until she can find out if either this information, or Scott's direction are dangerous. She cares about Scott, and is still very much his friend, but I think she can see him acting more and more like the terrorists and warlords they spent so many years fighting against. He is by no means evil, but he is treading a very thin line and only a small amount of resistance or retaliation could send him down a bad path. She is not one the team because she believes this path, she is not on the team so she can over throw Scott. She is still here to stay close to Scott, monitor his decisions and nudge things in ways to best balance Scott's control and influence his options.

She doesn't want Scott to be one of the bad guys, so she it taking a behind the scenes method of keeping him out of trouble and taking subjects that could set him off, off of his radar.

I think this is all really about showing what a cool head she is keeping amongst all the chaos. I imagine that we will see many more moments of her stepping up, counseling Scott, and maybe even cleaning up a few of his messes. When AvX is over and the phoenix force is out of him, I think Scott will willingly step down as leader so he can collect himself and reconnect with the ideals he one believed in. When that happens it will be well established that Storm will take over the mantel of leadership (even if only temporarily) Honestly, she deserves it and the team deserves it and Scott needs a break so he can reflect on all this, learn from it, and grow for it.@One_Eye said:

I can't say that Storm is being hypocritical, although I don't feel it's right for her to lie either. I'm certain Ororo has her reasons for keeping secrets but I do feel that it undermines Scott as both a leader and friend.

I don't think it undermines their friendship at all. Why the best thing she could do as a friend is to keep a careful eye on him, to be around should any morally grey decision come up so she can either remind him who he is, or prevent him from going through with something he can't come back from. Scott is on some very thin ice right now and Storm's vigilance is his best lifeline

As for her undermining his leadership, let me put it to you this way. The followers never betray the leader, it can only happen the other way around. Storm is only doubting him because he has given her reason to. He is thinking more of what he wants for his people and less of how his people want it to happen, and at what cost they are willing to accept. Mutants want liberty and equality, but most especially the other x-men don't want to sacrifice their ideals to achieve it. Ororo is going to help him hold onto his soul when all of this is over.

This is incredibly well written.

I really wish the two of them would counsel each other like they did during the Bue/Gold era and I think 3 months with her as leader while Scott and Emma had a mini or limited series would be pretty awesome. It would allow for her character to regain her place in the X-Men and allow Scott to reflect on himself while giving him and Emma some focus elsewhere.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Osian2

@Osian2 said:

Nemesis and Danger are both loyal to the x-men giving the sample to them would have been the safest choice. The fact that this information is valuable and potentially powerful makes it even worse that she gave it away instead of giving it to the people she's supposed to be working with which could ruin the trust between her and Scott and her relationship with x-club.

Storm is asking for Scott to trust her and not to micro-manage her when she's lying to him all the while!

If Scott does step down for whatever reason after AVX I can't see Storm leading the Utopia X-men. The extinction team are more likely to follow Emma. Emma wouldn't be happy with Storm taking charge as Emma is already second in command. Namor would back Emma and Magneto and Danger have no reason to follow Storm over Emma. Magik probably wouldn't give a damn either way so the only real supporter would probably be Piotr. Storm has spent too much time away from the X-men, she's no longer the top female with the most influence that role belongs to Emma. Yeesh her marriage to Black Panther didn't do anything for her did it?

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hareil0079

@Osian2 said:

@Beast_in_the_Shadows said:is soul when all of this is over.

Storm is asking for Scott to trust her and not to micro-manage her when she's lying to him all the while!

She lied to him in part cause of the Micro Managing and telling him that this is her team and the trust issue is being violated. (Something Scott isn't adverse to not doing lately) This is not something that hasn't been going on for a while. Look at Ckye's actions since after MC, the hiding of X-Force, Keeping Secrets from his closests friends, and leaving beast to be torchered yea... the trust issue is out the window for a while with the original cast of X-Men (Storm, Rogue, Bobby, Hank, Logan)

Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hareil0079 said:

@Osian2 said:

She lied to him in part cause of the Micro Managing and telling him that this is her team and the trust issue is being violated. (Something Scott isn't adverse to not doing lately) This is not something that hasn't been going on for a while. Look at Ckye's actions since after MC, the hiding of X-Force, Keeping Secrets from his closests friends, and leaving beast to be torchered yea... the trust issue is out the window for a while with the original cast of X-Men (Storm, Rogue, Bobby, Hank, Logan)

Exactly. All the biggest, most veteran members of the X-men have something between serious doubt to near complete contempt for Cyclops right now. Someone is in the wrong here and I doubt Marvel would write a story that unjustly turns four of it's big characters against one big character. Scott isn't the victim here. He is making alot of bad calls and everyone from from the incredibly rational Hank to the inexplicably instinctual Logan can see it.

The only good thing about this is that Marvel at least acknowledges the Vacuum in X leadership and they seem to be priming Ororo to step up to the plate.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24  Edited By RainEffect
    @AgeofHurricane: I respect that you're trying to get out of the bad Storm image on ComicVine by posting this in the X-Men forum. I mean, when I read the title, I thought it was about Hope - how surprised I was to see a well written blog about Storm. 

Kudos to you for trying to break the horrid image and reputation of Storm fans on here.
    Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hareil0079

Like Storm but I'm not gaga over her. I just like what she's doing and I hope they continue the trend.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Osian2 said:

@Osian2 said:

Nemesis and Danger are both loyal to the x-men giving the sample to them would have been the safest choice. The fact that this information is valuable and potentially powerful makes it even worse that she gave it away instead of giving it to the people she's supposed to be working with which could ruin the trust between her and Scott and her relationship with x-club.

If Scott does step down for whatever reason after AVX I can't see Storm leading the Utopia X-men. The extinction team are more likely to follow Emma. Emma wouldn't be happy with Storm taking charge as Emma is already second in command. Namor would back Emma and Magneto and Danger have no reason to follow Storm over Emma. Magik probably wouldn't give a damn either way so the only real supporter would probably be Piotr. Storm has spent too much time away from the X-men, she's no longer the top female with the most influence that role belongs to Emma. Yeesh her marriage to Black Panther didn't do anything for her did it?

You're a big fan of Uncanny X-Men, right ? You're seeing what Danger's currently doing aswell as what's happening to her courtesy of Unit, right ? I just have to say this: She is NOT one of the safest choicest, she's one of the last people on Earth that Storm would go to, to hand the samples over because realistically speaking, she has not proven herself to be loyal to the X-Men, all she's proven is that she's on their side. I don't think you get it...read between the lines, it's not even about keeping this away from Scott only, she cannot let anyone else find out of which they'd possibly hold links to the mutant community, Mutantes Sans Frontiers are a neutural, i repeat, neutural party in all of this, they pose no danger of letting Scott OR Logan know about this, that's what Storm wants to avoid. It's not even as if she went and told the FF (like people), that'd be dumb, for reasons i don't exactly need to go into.

As for the trust issues, the same thing could be said for Scott. He begged her to stay in Utopia for the sole purpose of keeping him and the rest of his team-members in check, Abigail Brand recently black-mailed him so that he could keep Unit in the brig, he didn't tell Storm about that, knowing the risks. AvX came, instead of asking Storm to come along with him to that safehouse, he had her go fight in Wakanda, how ironic, when he could have let her know about the "tough decisions" he'd be making, then, he had the CHEEK to leave Storm on Earth while he went off with the other X-Men, not even thinking about letting her know about the new game-plan, now, he has her watering crops. I'm not saying what she's doing is down-right tolerable and there's nothing bad about it, but she has every right to do so (personally speaking), it's the same with creating X-Treme X-Men and searching for Desitinies Diaries, she kept that secret not only away from Scott, but from Professor Xavier himself (the all time leader of Mutantkind, even if we have big-wigs like Scott, Storm and Wolverine...he started it all.). She knows what she's doing, if you ask me.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#27  Edited By Mercy_

@Osian2 said:

Holy crap...

This post is absolutely amazing.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@RainEffect said:

@AgeofHurricane: I respect that you're trying to get out of the bad Storm image on ComicVine by posting this in the X-Men forum. I mean, when I read the title, I thought it was about Hope - how surprised I was to see a well written blog about Storm.

Kudos to you for trying to break the horrid image and reputation of Storm fans on here.

Thank you. Honestly, we're not all that bad. I mean, look at Blood1991, he's one of the (many) sane ones like myself. You just gotta keep your eyes open...O.O

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Osian2

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Osian2 said:

@Osian2 said:

You're a big fan of Uncanny X-Men, right ? You're seeing what Danger's currently doing aswell as what's happening to her courtesy of Unit, right ? I just have to say this: She is NOT one of the safest choicest, she's one of the last people on Earth that Storm would go to, to hand the samples over because realistically speaking, she has not proven herself to be loyal to the X-Men, all she's proven is that she's on their side. I don't think you get it...read between the lines, it's not even about keeping this away from Scott only, she cannot let anyone else find out of which they'd possibly hold links to the mutant community, Mutantes Sans Frontiers are a neutural, i repeat, neutural party in all of this, they pose no danger of letting Scott OR Logan know about this, that's what Storm wants to avoid. It's not even as if she went and told the FF (like people), that'd be dumb, for reasons i don't exactly need to go into.

As for the trust issues, the same thing could be said for Scott. He begged her to stay in Utopia for the sole purpose of keeping him and the rest of his team-members in check, Abigail Brand recently black-mailed him so that he could keep Unit in the brig, he didn't tell Storm about that, knowing the risks. AvX came, instead of asking Storm to come along with him to that safehouse, he had her go fight in Wakanda, how ironic, when he could have let her know about the "tough decisions" he'd be making, then, he had the CHEEK to leave Storm on Earth while he went off with the other X-Men, not even thinking about letting her know about the new game-plan, now, he has her watering crops. I'm not saying what she's doing is down-right tolerable and there's nothing bad about it, but she has every right to do so (personally speaking), it's the same with creating X-Treme X-Men and searching for Desitinies Diaries, she kept that secret not only away from Scott, but from Professor Xavier himself (the all time leader of Mutantkind, even if we have big-wigs like Scott, Storm and Wolverine...he started it all.). She knows what she's doing, if you ask me.

Maybe Danger isn't a safe choice because of UNIT (nobody knows about this though so Storm can't use it as an excuse) but the others like Nemesis are more reliable than Mutantes Sans Frontiers. Like you said they're a neutral party which means they could easily turn against storm, the woman storm gave the sample to could have even been a saboteur/imposter. Storm didn't even know her only what she did as a living. Also who is Storm to decide whether something this important should be kept from Scott or Logan?

In regards to the whole mutual Blackmail between Brand and Scott we don't know if Scott kept it from Storm and the others it wasn't shown. But it's more likely that he did tell them seeing as Hope knew UNIT was still on Utopia and so did the rest of her team. Sending Storm to Wakanda was a sound tactical decision, she knows the terrain better than anyone and she would be the most capable of taking on Black Panther. You say he had the "cheek" to leave her behind on earth but he left other heavy hitters like Magneto. He grabbed who he could and headed there straight away he didn't have the time to get everyone. I don't understand how Storm would be usefull on the moon anyway (weather powers in space?). There's no need to keep secrets from the team it always ends up making things worse and putting people in danger.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Osian2 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Osian2 said:

@Osian2 said:

Maybe Danger isn't a safe choice because of UNIT (nobody knows about this though so Storm can't use it as an excuse) but the others like Nemesis are more reliable than Mutantes Sans Frontiers. Like you said they're a neutral party which means they could easily turn against storm, the woman storm gave the sample to could have even been a saboteur/imposter. Storm didn't even know her only what she did as a living. Also who is Storm to decide whether something this important should be kept from Scott or Logan?

In regards to the whole mutual Blackmail between Brand and Scott we don't know if Scott kept it from Storm and the others it wasn't shown. But it's more likely that he did tell them seeing as Hope knew UNIT was still on Utopia and so did the rest of her team. Sending Storm to Wakanda was a sound tactical decision, she knows the terrain better than anyone and she would be the most capable of taking on Black Panther. You say he had the "cheek" to leave her behind on earth but he left other heavy hitters like Magneto. He grabbed who he could and headed there straight away he didn't have the time to get everyone. I don't understand how Storm would be usefull on the moon anyway (weather powers in space?). There's no need to keep secrets from the team it always ends up making things worse and putting people in danger.

So ? We know it and we're the one's bringing it up in this discussion, so no, Danger isn't the best choice. It's not even about reliability, it's about not letting anyone know about this, especially if they're on Scott's side, that's what this is about. No, this isn't the first we've seen of Mutantes Sans Frontiers, Dr. Hunter is a represantative of that organization, Storm has been working with them since she "came back" in Astonishing X-Men - Ghost Box, i'm pretty sure this is one of those "off-panel" things where we don't exactly see them working together because i for one, believe that they have. They know of Storm and who she is, turning against her would be a fatal mistake. Um, Storm is Storm. Nuff said, bro.

That's Hope, Gillen has made no reference whatsoever as to if the rest of the Extinction Team know of Unit's presence on Utopia (other than Danger), Hope may know about it aswell as the rest of her Lights, but I'm pretty sure the rest of the ET, don't. Otherwise...lol, read Uncanny X-Men #13, i don't need to explain that much :P. That's true, she does know the terrain better than anyone else and she would be more suited to battle T'challa, i'll give you that (not that Scott knew who'd be in Wakanda, though). Yeah, Scott never begged Magneto to stay on Utopia with him, he begged Storm for reasons i already stated, yet, he left her, that's what I'm talking about. you don't know if he didn't have time to get everyone, Magik's teleporting doesn't cost a two-minute usage fare, it's quick and easy. Yes, weather powers in space if you didn't know (LOL).

No need to tell me that, you should be telling Scott, like, right now.

And for the record, she isn't putting anybody in danger, if anything, she's doing the complete opposite. Security Recon was set-up by Scott to help defeat threats such as this before they became Extinction Level and too dangerous for the world to handle, that's exactly what Storm is doing.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Osian2

@AgeofHurricane:Why doesn't she want Scott to know though? If it's just because she wants to have more freedom with the team then that's a weak reason to start keeping secrets. This is why it needs further explanation. Also I don't think Mutantes Sans Frontiers would betray Storm but it's possible that there could be a saboteur/spy within the organization that could steal/use the sample for evil.

Gillen didn't make any reference of the extinction team knowing about UNIT but he didn't imply that Scott was keeping it a secret from the either. If Hopes team knew about him I'm pretty sure that the extinction team would know aswell.

Scott begged Ororo to stay because he needed her moral guidance, she said he only wanted her for her power. Taking her to the battle would just prove Storm right so in a way he was right to choose others like Namor over her. Also Scott arrived a second later after the Avengers on the moon so he was right not to gather more x-men before going to the moon. If he did have time he would have gotten there earlier or went to get Magneto, the most powerfull member of the extinction team. I know Storm can use her powers in space I just never understood it, it doesn't make sense.

She's not putting anybody in danger yet but her keeping things from Scott could cause further trust problems and could end up creating new dangers. If nothing happens then everything will turn out fine but it's an unecessary risk.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Osian2 said:

@AgeofHurricane:Why doesn't she want Scott to know though? If it's just because she wants to have more freedom with the team then that's a weak reason to start keeping secrets. This is why it needs further explanation. Also I don't think Mutantes Sans Frontiers would betray Storm but it's possible that there could be a saboteur/spy within the organization that could steal/use the sample for evil.

Gillen didn't make any reference of the extinction team knowing about UNIT but he didn't imply that Scott was keeping it a secret from the either. If Hopes team knew about him I'm pretty sure that the extinction team would know aswell.

Scott begged Ororo to stay because he needed her moral guidance, she said he only wanted her for her power. Taking her to the battle would just prove Storm right so in a way he was right to choose others like Namor over her. Also Scott arrived a second later after the Avengers on the moon so he was right not to gather more x-men before going to the moon. If he did have time he would have gotten there earlier or went to get Magneto, the most powerfull member of the extinction team. I know Storm can use her powers in space I just never understood it, it doesn't make sense.

She's not putting anybody in danger yet but her keeping things from Scott could cause further trust problems and could end up creating new dangers. If nothing happens then everything will turn out fine but it's an unecessary risk.

She already explained that. It's the fact that telling Scott could bring serious ramifications for Mutantkind, if she told Scott, it wouldn't be long before Wolverine would find out and we all know how the guy can never keep his nose out of business that does not concern him, it's a Mutant related matter anyways. She discovered the problem, so she thinks it best to keep it amongst her team, like she said herself, there's a Scott that she knows and trusts...but there's a Scott that she doesn't, upon telling him about this, she doesn't know which Scott she'd be dealing with. The one who would let her freely take control of the situation with her team, or the one who would budge her out of it and take control of the situation himself, in turn, letting the whole of the Mutant Community find out about it, including Logan. It's possible.

Uh, he hasn't spoken freely about it since, and i don't see any Extintion members going to check up on him either, even if that's Danger's duty. They've made no reference to him whatsoever. Them not knowing that Unit, the same alien/w.e that took them down with power of his words, is living on the same island as them, is still the same thing as Scott keeping it a secret from them. If anything, he's telling a white lie.

It doesn't matter. In situations like that, you'll need as much moral guidance as you can get, Scott already demonstrated his acts of zealotry when they got on the moon, it would have been otherwise had Ororo been present (and under a writer who knows the role she's meant to play as a member of the Extinction Team, not including Gillen as he ditched the idea after #1.).

Well, what he doesn't know wont hurt him.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Osian2

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Osian2 said:

She already explained that. It's the fact that telling Scott could bring serious ramifications for Mutantkind, if she told Scott, it wouldn't be long before Wolverine would find out and we all know how the guy can never keep his nose out of business that does not concern him, it's a Mutant related matter anyways. She discovered the problem, so she thinks it best to keep it amongst her team, like she said herself, there's a Scott that she knows and trusts...but there's a Scott that she doesn't, upon telling him about this, she doesn't know which Scott she'd be dealing with. The one who would let her freely take control of the situation with her team, or the one who would budge her out of it and take control of the situation himself, in turn, letting the whole of the Mutant Community find out about it, including Logan. It's possible.

Uh, he hasn't spoken freely about it since, and i don't see any Extintion members going to check up on him either, even if that's Danger's duty. They've made no reference to him whatsoever. Them not knowing that Unit, the same alien/w.e that took them down with power of his words, is living on the same island as them, is still the same thing as Scott keeping it a secret from them. If anything, he's telling a white lie.

It doesn't matter. In situations like that, you'll need as much moral guidance as you can get, Scott already demonstrated his acts of zealotry when they got on the moon, it would have been otherwise had Ororo been present (and under a writer who knows the role she's meant to play as a member of the Extinction Team, not including Gillen as he ditched the idea after #1.).

Okay i'll give you that she can't trust Scott completely but we still don't know fully why she isn't telling him, which is why I want a further explanation over the rest of the story arc. Scott wouldn't let the whole mutant community know, come on this is the man who has been keeping many secrets since messiah complex and he would act accordingly.

He hasn't spoken freely about UNIT because their hasn't been a need to, they're at war with the Avengers, UNIT isn't a priority. He could have told them about UNIT straight away off panel which I believe he did. He wouldn't gain anything by lying about it.

Storm doesn't have as much influence on Scott anymore she wouldn't have been able to stop him, she's been gone far too long (she was at the Avengers mansion when the news about the Phoenix broke) she has too many priorities these days. He took the x-men who were best suited for a battle Colossus and Namor (Brute strength), Emma (Psychic) and Magik was needed for teleportation. If he had more time he would have brought the rest of the Extinction Team, he was going into battle not a diplomatic meeting. If a different writer was present Iike Gillen or Wood AVX would have been a lot better anyway rather than the crapfest it's been before Hickman.

As long as nothing bad comes from her lies I agree that it won't matter but It just seems like an unecessary risk.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hareil0079

I think it's a given in X-Men #31 was self explanatory and is a given why she didn't tell scott anything, there's no huge knee deep philosophical meaning or reasoning behind it.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DEGRAAF

what comic is this? Who is the oldest known mutant? Salene?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Blood1991

@DEGRAAF said:

what comic is this? Who is the oldest known mutant? Salene?

X-Men 30 and 31. It has been really good and has created an intresting amount of controversy between Storm's choices and how they effect both Cyclops's and Wolverine's factions. The idea with the mutants are them being the mutant equivalent of Cro magnon and Neanderthals who are widely believed to be seprate species. Cro magnon are believed to be the ancestors of humans "modern mutants too", while neanderthals are a seperate species all together. So the idea is that these seperate mutants are ancient cousins to the mutant race. Seriously pick these two issues up. Acctually if you have the Marvel app I can share the digital codes No problem.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By jhazzroucher

awesome blog!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@AgeofHurricane: Great job on this blog :-). Some good discussions going on.

@Osian2 said:

Great post.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By poisonfleur

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@AgeofHurricane: Great job on this blog :-). Some good discussions going on.

@Osian2 said:

Great post.

I Second that!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Osian2 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Osian2 said:

Okay i'll give you that she can't trust Scott completely but we still don't know fully why she isn't telling him, which is why I want a further explanation over the rest of the story arc. Scott wouldn't let the whole mutant community know, come on this is the man who has been keeping many secrets since messiah complex and he would act accordingly.

He hasn't spoken freely about UNIT because their hasn't been a need to, they're at war with the Avengers, UNIT isn't a priority. He could have told them about UNIT straight away off panel which I believe he did. He wouldn't gain anything by lying about it.

Storm doesn't have as much influence on Scott anymore she wouldn't have been able to stop him, she's been gone far too long (she was at the Avengers mansion when the news about the Phoenix broke) she has too many priorities these days. He took the x-men who were best suited for a battle Colossus and Namor (Brute strength), Emma (Psychic) and Magik was needed for teleportation. If he had more time he would have brought the rest of the Extinction Team, he was going into battle not a diplomatic meeting. If a different writer was present Iike Gillen or Wood AVX would have been a lot better anyway rather than the crapfest it's been before Hickman.

As long as nothing bad comes from her lies I agree that it won't matter but It just seems like an unecessary risk.

Ah, hopefully. I'm just enjoying the ride.

@THUNDERBOLT30: Thank you !

@jhazzroucher: Thank you too !

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Crimsonlord53

She's doing what she thinks is right with every thing going on I don't blame her.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#42  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Awesome blog. I agree with you.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By One_Eye

@Hareil0079 said:

@Osian2 said:

Cykes actions have been morally grey sure, however, it's not as if any of the aforementioned members haven't done some questionable things themselves.((sans Bobby and Rogue.)) Logan is STLL running X-Force, Beast has killed for the Secret Avengers, and now Storm with her recent actions. As far as Beast being tortured, that was due to Scott having to time his rescue as well as the rescue of the other prisoners that were captured by the Dark Avengers.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Very Nice, Blog.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Hareil0079

@One_Eye said:

@Hareil0079 said:

@Osian2 said:

Cykes actions have been morally grey sure, however, it's not as if any of the aforementioned members haven't done some questionable things themselves.((sans Bobby and Rogue.)) Logan is STLL running X-Force, Beast has killed for the Secret Avengers, and now Storm with her recent actions. As far as Beast being tortured, that was due to Scott having to time his rescue as well as the rescue of the other prisoners that were captured by the Dark Avengers.

Your missing my point, it's not about "he done this or she done that" it's the violation of trust and simple fact of hiding things. Yea logan has his X-Force but all things considering how cyke keeps tabs on everything whos to say doesn't know that already?

I know the reason why scott did what he did to beast in the Dark X-men/Utopia story arc... but the key factor in that whole deal was that beast was left out the loop of everything during that event and scott was keeping secrets and only opted to tell emma instead of everyone who he should have. (Beast knew about X-force but who else did other than the members of X-force and the cuckoos? hell emma didnt know for a while herself, everyone didn't know til SC and it wasn't taken too well)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.