Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

is pixie a magik in the making? ...and magic stuff

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i think they have similar powers, is pixie being trained to be the next magik? why is magik still training under dr strange? she defeated strange in avx. who is the most powerful magic weilder now?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Koays

Pixie got her powers from Magik....sort of. And Dr. Strange is helping Magik learn control since her powers are broken and she's got the entire limbo dimension inside of her.

I do think Pixie will fill the role of Magik in the future. because i believe she has a very useful power but will disappear until the story requires her to make a cameo. Which is sad really.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Pixie is anywhere near the Magik part of the spectrum. Not in terms of powers, not in terms of interesting characterization. Magik's status as the most powerful magic wielder probably cannot be questioned - she is holding all of limbo within herself now... thats got to make her phenomenally powerful. Strange is indeed helping her to regain control over her powers - and the new way she can/needs to wield them. Her teleportation mutant powers didn't get damaged by The Phoenix, but her magic did.

Pixie fills a similar battle-field role - teleportation is an x-men mainstay power... but she's very bland compared to Illyana.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik's status as the most powerful magic wielder probably cannot be questioned - she is holding all of limbo within herself now... thats got to make her phenomenally powerful. Strange is indeed helping her to regain control over her powers - and the new way she can/needs to wield them. Her teleportation mutant powers didn't get damaged by The Phoenix, but her magic did.

Most powerful magic user... among whom? All M-users or just mutants? Even if it is just the last, I'm pretty sure Scarlet Witch (though dead, but we know she'll be back), Selene and Maddie (they almost did as well) could all disagree. Also, we have absolutely no idea what "holding all of limbo within herself" actually mean (until I see explanation on panel, it's just another bad Bendis idea).

As for Pixie, she needs some character development, she has a hole in her soul, let her be driven a little to the dark side and black arts, make her really resemble Magik more and more, then you have the place for inner struggles and knowing what being hero really means afterwards.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

Magik's status as the most powerful magic wielder probably cannot be questioned - she is holding all of limbo within herself now... thats got to make her phenomenally powerful. Strange is indeed helping her to regain control over her powers - and the new way she can/needs to wield them. Her teleportation mutant powers didn't get damaged by The Phoenix, but her magic did.

Most powerful magic user... among whom? All M-users or just mutants? Even if it is just the last, I'm pretty sure Scarlet Witch (though dead, but we know she'll be back), Selene and Maddie (they almost did as well) could all disagree. Also, we have absolutely no idea what "holding all of limbo within herself" actually mean (until I see explanation on panel, it's just another bad Bendis idea).

As for Pixie, she needs some character development, she has a hole in her soul, let her be driven a little to the dark side and black arts, make her really resemble Magik more and more, then you have the place for inner struggles and knowing what being hero really means afterwards.

I think Wanda's powers are really hard to measure where the strength actually comes from... is it the magic or the mutant powers? Until that is clear, i think i'd give her power-rating to the Mutant Powers which are tainted my magic rather than being properly magical. Maddie? i don't think so. Just... no. Selene... until last week she was dead as dust in the wind... so i'd kinda forgotten about her.

Still Magik did bitch slap Strange whilst in Limbo. If that power is being carried around with her all the time... there's not a magic user alive who could stand against her - especially now that she's gaining all that extra training from Strange himself. Some clarification about what it means would be great. Its speculation at this point. And since Illyana's popularity is sky-rocketing, i don't see this being forgotten about.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Wanda's powers are really hard to measure where the strength actually comes from... is it the magic or the mutant powers? Until that is clear, i think i'd give her power-rating to the Mutant Powers which are tainted my magic rather than being properly magical. Maddie? i don't think so. Just... no. Selene... until last week she was dead as dust in the wind... so i'd kinda forgotten about her.

Still Magik did bitch slap Strange whilst in Limbo. If that power is being carried around with her all the time... there's not a magic user alive who could stand against her - especially now that she's gaining all that extra training from Strange himself. Some clarification about what it means would be great. Its speculation at this point. And since Illyana's popularity is sky-rocketing, i don't see this being forgotten about.

Scarlet W. gained her mystical powers after an Elder God Chthon messed her up somehow, turning her natural energy manipulation powers into combination of probability/magic energies (mainly "Chaos magic") manipulation, with enough external energy we all saw what she was able to do, she banished the existence of X-gene from reality just with three words. With her own? She went toe to toe with brainwashed Thor and was impressive doing it. Now, with both Selene and Maddie it is hard to figure where they use their mutant powers and where it's magic, but they still a very high caliber mutant sorceresses to be not acknowledged :] My problem with Magik is that all of her best feats are in Limbo. I mean Selene made a breach in reality through which she pulled Blink and did like nothing, Madelyne, hadn't she even warped reality? Also connected to Phoenix Force and supposedly to Goblin Force (though not in 616, for now). What are Magik's non-limbo best feats?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.