Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Is It Time For DAZZLER To Be Rebooted?

PiofNEPTUNE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PiofNEPTUNE

I was Thinking The LIGHT QUEEN would be different, or even simply LIGHT, she definitively needs an Alter-Ego type of revamping, especially since the 1980s and the current arc in Uncanny X-Men, where Mystique and her crew in Madripoor, are treating her like Uma Thurman in The Kill Bill Volumes 1,2,3, she should be out for blood when she finally ever wakes up, just like Sabretooth predicts in Uncanny X-Men #s 19,20,21? (:) p.s., what indeed are her true power levels like Mystique pondered?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I was Thinking The LIGHT QUEEN would be different, or even simply LIGHT, she definitively needs an Alter-Ego type of revamping, especially since the 1980s and the current arc in Uncanny X-Men, where Mystique and her crew in Madripoor, are treating her like Uma Thurman in The Kill Bill Volumes 1,2,3, she should be out for blood when she finally ever wakes up, just like Sabretooth predicts in Uncanny X-Men #s 19,20,21? (:) p.s., what indeed are her true power levels like Mystique pondered?

isnt it similar to emma frost the white queen....dazzler will always be a singer to me. plus her stage name is dazzler so she can promote her singing and super hero saving......

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sovereign91001

Nah, she's fine. Her name dates her like Bling's does but I don't think her's should be changed either.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I wouldn't change her name. Maybe I'd upgrade her powers a bit. Make it so she can travel at lightspeed and of course make it so she would be a bit weakened and in need of a bit of a recharge when this happened. I would also have be able to turn into a being of light and phase through objects and she could use lasers or light daggers similar to how Dagger does.

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@piofneptune said:

Well, Dazzler was shot dead when she was part of New Excalibur and didn't die. There it was said that it was not the first time it happened (and I don't remember). Maybe that's what Mystique is talking about.

(Kill Bill is only 2 volumes)

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: @sovereign91001: @hawk2916: @piofneptune: i'm more concern about how did mystique know that dazzler's blood was used for "mutant growth hormone". What next john sublime taking teen jean's blood to make him a god all over again like in HCT

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No way, leave her as is.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@hawk2916 said:

I wouldn't change her name. Maybe I'd upgrade her powers a bit. Make it so she can travel at lightspeed and of course make it so she would be a bit weakened and in need of a bit of a recharge when this happened. I would also have be able to turn into a being of light and phase through objects and she could use lasers or light daggers similar to how Dagger does.

I dont think her powers need an upgrade. If you look at the full range of powers she has available to her they are quite powerful. The problem has been the inconsistent writing. What she needs a writer to champion her and really take the character in hand and make something of her rather than the disjointed stuff we have been getting.

PiofNEPTUNE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...yes indeed something seriously needs too be upgraded with this character from the 1980s, her powers, her needing too constantly be re-charged (why not vibranium bracelets that can emit ultra-high sonics) being able too go up and down the electro-magnetic spectrum frequently, solidifying her body as hard-light, phasing, turning her light-powers inward too boost her natural physical strength, moving at light-speeds, being able too manipulate matter or anti-matter at the sub-atomic level, emitting nuclear radiation pulses, and teleporting or transporting through the light-dimension (like Illyana Rasputin/DarkChilde/Magicke does through the limbo-dimension) there are a myriad of infinite possibilities, especially for a character that has unlimited potential, and is supposedly and omega-level mutant, that hardly seems so too me anyway. (:)

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...yes indeed something seriously needs too be upgraded with this character from the 1980s, her powers, her needing too constantly be re-charged (why not vibranium bracelets that can emit ultra-high sonics) being able too go up and down the electro-magnetic spectrum frequently, solidifying her body as hard-light, phasing, turning her light-powers inward too boost her natural physical strength, moving at light-speeds, being able too manipulate matter or anti-matter at the sub-atomic level, emitting nuclear radiation pulses, and teleporting or transporting through the light-dimension (like Illyana Rasputin/DarkChilde/Magicke does through the limbo-dimension) there are a myriad of infinite possibilities, especially for a character that has unlimited potential, and is supposedly and omega-level mutant, that hardly seems so too me anyway. (:)

I like your ideas. They are very cool. Marvel needs to release a list of Omega-Level Mutants because Dazzler does seem like an Omega-Level Mutant.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lorex said:

@hawk2916 said:

I dont think her powers need an upgrade. If you look at the full range of powers she has available to her they are quite powerful. The problem has been the inconsistent writing. What she needs a writer to champion her and really take the character in hand and make something of her rather than the disjointed stuff we have been getting.

Her X-treme X-Men run, expanded her range of powers and matured her as a character. There's even a scene that sort of makes you understand her initial interactions with Cyclops in Uncanny. That is arguably the defining Dazzler characterization up till now.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crappler.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Cutter

I don't think so. she's fine as Dazzler and her codename doesn't bother me.

PiofNEPTUNE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PiofNEPTUNE

...did anybody not notice in my Original outgoing Topic-Message that I was intimating that She (DAZZLER) would have a split-personality disorder after what Mystique has been doing too her since way back in Uncanny X-Men issue # 009? I was thinking that it would make absolute sense that her mind be fractured after having been whored-out and blood-doped for Unlimited-Profits by Mystique and the Addicts in Madripoor...and yes there where just 2-Volumes of Kill Bill (my bag) but still this newer character The Light Queen, would just be a "Sybil" type of situation, a split-personality folks, is all this is about really. (:) even a name like DarkLight/Dark-Light would suffice. (:

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@piofneptune said:

...did anybody not notice in my Original outgoing Topic-Message that I was intimating that She (DAZZLER) would have a split-personality disorder after what Mystique has been doing too her since way back in Uncanny X-Men issue # 009? I was thinking that it would make absolute sense that her mind be fractured after having been whored-out and blood-doped for Unlimited-Profits by Mystique and the Addicts in Madripoor...and yes there where just 2-Volumes of Kill Bill (my bag) but still this newer character The Light Queen, would just be a "Sybil" type of situation, a split-personality folks, is all this is about really. (:) even a name like DarkLight/Dark-Light would suffice. (:

There are characters out there already with this affliction and most had it since childhood. Dazzler having a "split-personality" due to Mystique's handling of her would have me not too happy. First, it's an irresponsible presentation of mental illness ( and way too soap-operish) and secondly, Dazzler has been though worse in her life so for her to get affected to the point where she would disassociate herself from her "Dazzler" personality would make no sense. She's made of tougher stuff, character-wise. It would be a terrible setback.

I understood what you were saying originally and the idea (like all ideas) could be thought through and tweaked to make the suspense of belief easier to attain but for me as a fan, I wouldn't like it. Especially if it was concocted purely for name-change purposes.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@piofneptune: This is what Im talking about. That would be great for Dazzler.

PiofNEPTUNE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PiofNEPTUNE

@hislolita: hey it's funny that you speak of the ideas being of a poor representation of mental illness, I know much of that subject from an especially personal perspective, so don't proceed too lecture me about the subject, I have been on this earth for 45-years now, I've seen more than my share of that situation (from an experienced mans' perspective anyway, in a non-forgiving society, you just grazed a very raw nerve) literally and figuratively...now back too Comic Book Surreality, it is not a slight on whatever tough situations that this character has endured from historical terms, but too be quite honest she has been uber boring for decades now, probably since after the 1980s, but still a revamp or change from a bit of the norm can sometimes do a character good, something else is desired from the usual cast of suspect writers of this rather marginalized and also-ran character...nuff said for now. (:)

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@piofneptune:

It's unfortunate you took what I posted as a lecture. It was in no way intended to be one and I am sorry to hear of your experiences with it. I still find it to be an important point to make when presenting mental illness in any popular media. I am more critical of changing a character using mental illness solely for a name change. I would love to see focus on Dazzler, but it's the name change I don't agree with. My opinion, clearly.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By darthphoenix

she should have a second mutation. she'd have split personality because of her new powerset. she can transform herself into pure energy of light and pure energy of sound

ReddKnave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ReddKnave

Why would her name be changed? What the hell is wrong with Dazzler? I love Dazzler, it doesn't date her at all. Maybe the Disco Dazzler, but she doesn't exactly go by that anymore. Not that she ever really did, barring the Dark Phoenix Saga.

Dazzler needs a good story arch where she plays a prominent role, she's always a background character and usually fails to do anything significant or gets compromised (Malice/Gambit). And she needs a good costume design that's more reminiscent of her "Pryde of the X-Men" and Jim Lee redesign, than that stupid silver Disco costume. Dazzler has always been, to me, a short-haircut girl. I think an update of the Jim Lee design (below) with a cut sort-of similar to Frenzy's but blond up top and pink on the bottom would set her apart, and distinguish her from the other blonds. Maybe give her he eye paint from her original costume but that's it.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-3092067/ <- Dazzler's best costume... ever. Thank you Jim Lee.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She can keep the code name Dazzler. I think it is really moreso an issue with writer's not knowing how to write a superheroine who is focused on singing (which is hard enough to convey in a comic book); as embarrassing as it could be at times, the "Dazzler" series, did a pretty acceptable job showing her as a superhero in her own right, who juggled being an entertainer. As superheroes became more martially-focused, with many getting combat training, being ninjas/special agents/assassins and etc., I think the idea of a reluctant hero became less interesting for writers to explore.

I think writers just need to take her more seriously than they generally do. I would love it if Alison got her revenge on Mystique by incinerating Raven out of existence.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.